FM18: Memory Lane

Rikulec

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

xL4Dveo.png

IvtrvEc.png

Shouldn't really complain about an unbeaten month, should I? Four points in front, four games to go.

Kupello Hellas

qXUOuhB.png

Three CBs, a DM, wing backs, two CMs and two strikers. We couldn't break through their parked bus in 180 minutes if you count the league game. Frustrating.

Europa League

o9RJy9P.png

For the lack of better words, holy ****ing ****. They played a 3-5-2 that just seemed to function so well at the start. So well that they went 4:0 up inside 30 minutes of the first leg, I should say. Three goals from their newgen wonderkid striker. I had to do something. I changed to an attacking tactic, not thinking about chasing them, but simply reducing the space for this young lad. This turned the tables - we suddenly neutralised their tactic and slowly started to build our advantage. However, only one away goal meant that we were faced with one hell of a challenge at home. And we ****ing did it. Dominated from start to finish. Kept coming at them. Went 5:0 up. Of course, they had to score in the 91st minute so that I wouldn't get bored in the dying minutes. We did it.

Arsenal in the quarter finals. We're definitely not favourites here, but we'll give it our best shot.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

fJDBhC6.png

vqWWCci.png

Aaand we've done it. :cool:

Kupello Hellas

BJMenu0.png

We failed to beat them yet again, but this time an away goal was enough.

AEK in the final, of course. Bring it on.

Europa League

UyYCMvO.png

It just wasn't to be, but we did put up a damn good fight. It was a 90th minute counter attack that denied us in North London. Then we went 1:0 up at home, then 1:2 down, then 3:2 up again. Of course, we went overload, but were caught on the break on the verge of stoppage time once again.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

lIKb1nv.png

Si1bt3V.png

A decent enough result to round the campaign off. Both Tseberidis and Kastrinis have finished on 12 league goals thanks to it.

Kupello Hellas

X0kRfTz.png

Not the most entertaining of finals. Our Czech superstar was the one to provide the golden goal. A domestic double in my debut season in Greece. Not bad, eh?

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2024/25 - Olympiakos

Superleague

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

A rather straightforward campaign in the end. Shame about that one defeat though.

Kupello Hellas

Competition Performance: Winners

I wouldn't say we were particularly convincing in the cup, but the trophy is all that matters in the end and we managed to bring it home.

Europa League

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

I'm very happy with our performance here. A double over Leverkusen in the group stage and of course the return leg against Celtic were the highlights of the campaign. We weren't that far off eliminating Arsenal as well. A very promising season in Europe.

Squad

I'm happy with the squad, although we could do with a new number 10 and perhaps a holding midfielder and a centre back. Now watch me completely overhaul the team in the summer...

Transfers - Finances

Pretty much the usual stuff. A massive net profit, loads of deadwood offloaded and more young, talented players brought in. We are simply going to continue with this policy in the upcoming window, with one exciting player already signed.

Our European run combined with the transfers have left us in a very healthy financial position. Just look at the budgets for the new season... and hold my beer.

Player of the Season

1st - Jiri Hrdlicka - on one hand, he's not really developing the way I thought he would. On the other hand, he's already performing spectacularly, so maybe I shouldn't be worried about this? 12 goals and 23 assists in all competition, that just speaks for itself. Without him, our success would simply not be possible.

2nd - Panagiotis Tseberidis - what a lovely surprise to see him make this list, and he really deserves his place here. Wonderful individual statistics? Check. The club's joint top scorer along with Kastrinis in the league? Check. A hat-trick in our sensational comeback against Celtic? Check. A personal affiliation back from the old days? Check. What a lovely player to have.

3rd - Gastón Coito - our best defender and pretty much the player who ensured relative security at the back for us. At 22 years of age he could still develop, but I already like his physical attribute - that pace comes in handy really often with our style of play. Some nice mentals to accompany them as well.

Next Season

Retain the domestic trophies, give it our best in the Champions League.

1 hour ago, tyler16 said:

Great season, think you can get out of the CL groups?

Thanks. As for the CL, I'm cautiously optimistic here. We're definitely capable of doing it, but I reckon we'll also need a bit of luck with the draw.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2025/26 - Olympiakos

Board Expectations:

Superleague: Win it
Champions League: Group Stage

My Expectations:

Superleague: Win it.
Champions League: I'm aiming for a third place finish at worst.

Budgets:

Transfer: £27,949,250
Wage: £695,840 (currently spending £283,140)
Balance: £27,995,379

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

That was an excellent season, think you can surprise a few teams in the CL this time, I don't think I've seen a long run in the CL with Greek teams here in the forum but this might be the time for it.

Thank you. I'm not sure whether we're quite ready for a real CL run. Guess we'll find out!

9 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Thank you. I'm not sure whether we're quite ready for a real CL run. Guess we'll find out!

I'd love to see that run, too.  Greek saves are good fun and any time you shake up the existing order, that's a plus.

11 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

I'd love to see that run, too.  Greek saves are good fun and any time you shake up the existing order, that's a plus.

I don't think I'm going to get anywhere near the level of your save in terms of shaking up the establishment. :D Cheers.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2025/26 - Olympiakos

Friendlies

FJ93PEf.png

Okay.

Transfers

QeRNU5o.png

I told you I'd be quiet! Add a couple of promotions from the U20s and I'm really happy with what we have.

Atanas Trifonov - a new decent backup keeper. If he develops, he may even break into the starting XI.

Hernán Ortíz - we got a wonderkid! Granted it's only a loan, but anyway I have very high hopes here.

Félix Pelosi - a nice DM to have, and we managed to pick him up quite cheaply.

3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Probably just wanted to show off, like those asses on youtube that smash new iPhones and such just because they can.

Spoiled brats!

In other news, my Christmas break has just started and for some time I will not have access to Football Manager. I may or may not be able to squeeze in a couple of days of play between Christmas and New Year's Eve, but the most likely scenario is that there will be no updates until January 2nd or 3rd. Anyway, I would like to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

gQl2bto.png

WyFO0qq.png

We've dropped our first points in a rather disappointing fashion. AEK look unstoppable at the moment, but they're coming to our place next month.

Kupello Hellas

qVZxwxV.png

5JZX53z.png

Oops. This really shouldn't have happened. Means we're probably going to need a result in the final game away at Panathinaikos!

Champions League

kzmtMsJ.png

qoFZgJc.png

This is not bad at all! We really had to give it our all to scrape a win over Marseille, and then we had a damn good chance of upsetting arguably the best club side in the world at the moment! After surprising them with the first move of the game we held on for over 75 minutes before falling to a quickfire double. And then Kastrinis blew an absolute sitter in the 93rd to make it 2:2... sigh. So close.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

ooyvZtv.png

PkuXou6.png

We're really grinding out the results, but damn, a perfect month is a perfect month, especially with zero goals conceded. And we've stopped AEK!

Kupello Hellas

zsp8zMd.png

DSocYSl.png

A good win, but Ergotelis caused another big upset, which means we're going to need a result at Panathinaikos now.

Champions League

bABxQtC.png

LXK7q2q.png

Pretty much a typical 2:0 game. Down to 4th at halfway point, but everything is still up for grabs. We do have an outside chance of qualifying.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

h7vbH6u.png

t3yRy5u.png

Another stupid defeat, just like last season. :mad: Our first choice XI seem to have stepped up in terms of league performances though, which is nice.

Champions League

Nidynww.png

T1NrGYr.png

Don't get me wrong, these are great results and we're in a very good position going into the final game. But we could - and should - have sealed it already - shortly after scoring, Sural won a penalty and took it himself, but he had it saved, and we ****ing conceded almost straight away. As I said though, our situation could have been much worse - a home draw against Chelsea will send us through no matter the circumstances, and we've already secured a 3rd place finish at the very worst.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

ANOEpBz.png

63F5sBT.png

Everything's lining up for a great battle for the title this season. Let's see who blinks first!

Kupello Hellas

M3mxSV1.png

NtSJDMa.png

We always seem to do extremely well in these derbies. Credit to Ergotelis who gave us one hell of a battle for the top spot.

RWEDZJo.png

Of course we had to make it harder for ourselves by giving up a two goal lead.

Champions League

jVslPxM.png

n6rleBj.png

They smashed us, hands down. No big upset in the end, but we remain in Europe, which I believe we can be happy with.

29 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

They obviously know they're on to a good thing.

I did say I wanted to build something long-term here after all, so it seemed like a logical move. I'm curious to see where I can take the club in that time.

Archived