FM18: Memory Lane

Rikulec

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

t93oO7Q.png

So this is the decision. It didn't come easily. I really enjoyed the two seasons I spent at Jerv, and I feel the club has enjoyed a period of enormous growth, being dragged from mid-table obscurity to the peak of Norwegian football hierarchy. A lot of money was brought in and if it's used wisely, it will help establish them as a force in the country for years to come. However, my reputation is growing even quicker, and because of that it feels natural to make the next step now. What will that be? I'm just as curious to see as you are!

EtkiXKs.png

In the end, though, I decided against that. Why? Two reasons. First, they seem to be struggling with financial difficulties, and this combined with the Danish league generally declining could put me in trouble. Second, I have my eyes on one very specific job that could open up in the summer...

2Q8sxjs.png

And on June 22nd I've been offered the job. A new chapter begins.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - Olympiakos

qgcCl2n.png

At first glance it looks like this might be one of my most enjoyable FM adventures ever.

Club Name: Olympiakos SF
Nickname: Thrylos
Year Founded: 1925
Stadium: Georgios Karaiskakis (30,189 all-seater)

7NjTUmj.png

I don't think anyone needs an introduction here. Everyone knows who Olympiakos are. Interestingly enough, they haven't won the league since 2018; it's now dominated by AEK who have five straight titles.

sqObirp.png

Lots of young talent at the club, lots of deadwood to shift, and a transfer window just around the corner. Oh boy, it couldn't have started better.

32 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Ooh! I really like this!

20 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Olympiakos sure looks like a nice step up.

15 minutes ago, Kubson said:

Now THAT'S what you call a good place to be in

Thanks guys. I'm extremely optimistic about this move, I might even actually stick around for quite some time! The idea of creating a superacademy with the resources I have and building the club on young Greek players sounds really appealing.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2024/25 - Olympiakos

Board Expectations:

Superleague: Win it
Europa League: First Knockout Round

My Expectations:

Superleague: I guess a title challenge is a must here. No pressure!
Europa League: If I could get out of the group stage at Jerv, I surely can repeat it here, right?

Budgets:

Transfer: £9,924,854
Wage: £547,395 (currently spending £443,229)
Balance: £9,072,379

4 minutes ago, GylfiAsCharged said:

Just caught up on this today, some fantastic achievements so far. Really impressed at how much you managed to increase the stature of your last two clubs during relatively short tenures.

Good luck in Greece!

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you've enjoyed the ride. :thup:

Proper step up, that. 

Knowing your style, this seems just perfect. :lol:

Lots of young talent at the club, lots of deadwood to shift, and a transfer window just around the corner. Oh boy, it couldn't have started better.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, tyler16 said:

Proper step up, that. 

Knowing your style, this seems just perfect. :lol:

Good luck!

Thank you. :thup:

I'm afraid there won't be another update until Sunday because I'm going to a conference, but I can already tell you I've played a few days into the transfer window and you're going to love it. Stay tuned.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2024/25 - Olympiakos

Friendlies

AzbSTxB.png

A decent enough pre-season with a particularly outstanding result against Milan.

Transfers

Zt87Gaa.png

So... yeah, I couldn't quite restrain myself. :lol: £18,5M net profit isn't half bad though.

Eliezer Camará - one of three transfers arranged by the previous boss. Quite good.

Apostolos Kourdakis - an option for the bench, I guess.

Michalis Kastrinis - this one's all mine. I love his attributes, hopefully he'll perform accordingly!

Duarte Valente - the final of my predecessor's transfers. This one will actually be a starter for me.

Renaldo - when I loaned him in, he was supposed to be a first XI player...

Jiri Hrdlicka - ...but then this happened. A potential future legend, and we're not done here.

Panagiotis Tseberidis - I shouldn't have to explain myself here. I regret nothing, and he'll be a starting player.

Soulis Alamanis - a nice backup option for now and a possibly brilliant option for the future.

Giannis Tsorbatzidis - another very promising youngster, this one will have to wait for his chance though.

Angelos Kyrouvidis - a direct replacement for an experienced left back who left the club. Good enough, and he's Greek, which I also like.

Giannis Sialmas - in my opinion this could be the pick of the bunch. Amazingly rounded stats at 16, and if he can develop...

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2024 - Olympiakos

Superleague

OXc93Ck.png

pA7d4Vl.png

A good enough start. Interestingly enough, our main title rivals have dropped points already!

Europa League

3SHEdE5.png

Not much more than a nice warm-up before the real thing.

Now here's a story for you.

ZhjReK6.png

So, who the **** are Doxa Dramas? Well, it turns out a third tier club won the Greek cup last season. They enjoyed quite a journey, most impressively beating Panathinaikos in the quarter-final despite losing the first leg at their place. And now, the funny things is that Greece is rated highly enough for the cup winner to qualify directly for the Europa groups!

04YU4wF.png

God, they're in for some proper thrashing. :lol:

3 hours ago, tyler16 said:

Amazing. Come on Doxa Dramas!

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Fun stuff, both Doxa and yourself drawing Legia.

2 hours ago, MarcxD said:

Damn, I'm definitely rooting for Doxa Dramas. (Love the name too)

I'll be giving monthly updates on how they fare in the group, no worries. :thup:

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2024 - Olympiakos

Superleague

267gQkn.png

OEY5DG0.png

We maintain a 100% record despite not being convincing on the pitch at all.

Kupello Hellas

j7Avl3Q.png

Wvb7vA9.png

Let's be honest here, anything else than topping the group will be a disgrace for us.

Europa League

kaY9gwk.png

wWWt9xU.png

Good enough to see us top the group, even though we were trailing from the 3rd minute and were reduced to ten men in the 55th!

17 minutes ago, tyler16 said:

Is their squad actually decent? Maybe a takeover? I don't think the Greece third tier is even an option to activate, unless maybe you've got a claassen update.

Good start in the league btw. :thup:

Their squad is actually better than what I'd expect. The key player is a goalkeeper who doesn't look half bad, and they generally don't look like a third tier side. No takeovers or anything of note though, and I don't have any editor files on this save.

And thank you very much. :thup:

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2024 - Olympiakos

Superleague

J18WuSq.png

10OePiM.png

We've dropped points for the first time this season, and we've also dropped to 3rd. Hopefully it's temporary, we seem to be slowly clicking with our performances.

Kupello Hellas

mwOuTY1.png

G94O2z3.png

Bekas also scored an own goal, which didn't stop him from getting the MotM award ahead of Jiri Hrdlicka who ended the game with four assists. An easy win, all in all.

Europa League

yU3CrbS.png

pDPUanY.png

Of course we had to lose against the old whore. :lol: A great win against Leverkusen sees us top the group at the halfway stage though.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2024 - Olympiakos

Superleague

7Zs18rZ.png

PS34mf6.png

Back to the usual ways, and we have a derby victory under our belt now!

Europa League

ygXMv6y.png

gO5uiXO.png

A lucky win in Germany followed by a demolition of Slovan mean that we've won the group with one game to go! And it's a trip to Warsaw, so I may not be resting my starters at all there...

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2024 - Olympiakos

Superleague

gH2poTZ.png

j2cfojE.png

Another draw away to a fellow title contender. We still look very strong in the table.

Kupello Hellas

2vz7o3w.png

yuXOeGh.png

Ooops. Could have been even worse, we were 0:3 down at half time!

XKJIOHy.png

Again a bit shaky, but a win is a win.

Europa League

x1z6jUe.png

8tCxVJf.png

:cool:

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

Deserved and natural step-up to Olympiakos, looks like the start has gone fine too.

I've had some dramas against Doxa Dramas! They start in tier 2, must've gotten relegated in your game.

Cheers mate. :thup: I somehow completely forgot that you've managed in Greece this year as well! Thanks for the comment.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - January 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

7oJs6lR.png

16QpTFe.png

There goes our unbeaten run then. Something has been definitely going wrong, we seem to take outrageous amounts of long shots and not create the actual good chances. A change is definitely required.

Kupello Hellas

FOpZFue.png

Limping through.

Transfers

Zdenek Sural - some great attributes at 17 already, and for a mere £400K he was definitely worth a punt.

SnL8BLl.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2025 - Olympiakos

Superleague

EuuQXkO.png

GB5Hjzw.png

It's a two-way battle now, and we host AEK in the opening game of March. This will be huge.

Kupello Hellas

ia2m7BU.png

Finally a convincing performance. We're up against Ksanthi in the semi while the other pair is AEK vs. Panathinaikos. The stage has been set...

Europa League

9JQu74f.png

A good performance over two legs sees us exceed the board's expectations for the season.

Celtic up next. We can do it.

Youth Intake

Npwq9T0.png

Bummer.

Archived