• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

4fdvKqg.png

v2LkPNA.png

Jesus. It seems we have to work our ass off for any glimpse of a good situation - let alone a goal - whereas we just concede for fun whenever someone gives us a chance to. A pathetic month in all honesty.

Champions League

OsQY8wA.png

We did really well in a classic 50/50 tie against Zrinjski Mostar from Bosnia, but then Crvena were way too strong for us. Nothing unexpected.

We've dropped to the Europa League, where we'll face HJK. Normally I'd be cautiously optimistic, but given our recent form...

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

ccA23Xa.png

xZnK5Tz.png

Looks like we're not going to defend the title. Even more frustratingly, we seem (seemed?) to have got back on track - first we scraped past ÍBV to end our woeful winless streak, and then we wiped the floor with Keflavík, by far our most dominant performance this season and possibly even the best one during my tenure (yet we still conceded...). And then we all but handed the title to Breiðablik, conceding two late goals despite us being the better team. Nightmare.

Europa League

Vs30wK1.png

For ****'s sake. 2:0 up in the away leg and we blew it in injury time before losing on penalties. Such an opportunity wasted.

Youth Intake

EaOlVub.png

Wow, an actually decent intake for a change. Steinarsson even scored on his senior debut!

Árni Björn Steinarsson

Agnar Bragi Einarsson

Reynir Magnússon

2 minutes ago, tyler16 said:

Looks like a frustrating season given the standard of players brought in, but still progress in the long run. Enjoying this a lot. :thup:

Cheers mate.

As for the season... well, I've just finished it. Update will be out tonight. Stay tuned, and buckle up.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

wAbHEsg.png

fPUyjmL.png

Football, bloody hell. I could go on and talk about many things. Hallsson's two wonder strikes to clinch our comeback against Fjölnir. Caufriez doing the unthinkable and becoming our top scorer this season despite being a centre back (not counting Þórdarson). Breiðablik's missed penalty against Keflavík in the penultimate game. Steinarsson grabbing what could turn out to be the most important goals of his career. Or simply us suddenly getting back in form and mounting a last-ditch title challenge despite falling as low as 10th at one point in August. Mental. I've hated FM throughout this season, but now I probably love it more than ever.

22 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

What a wild ride this season. All the more satisfying that you were able to come good in the end. Congrats on the title and good luck in Europe!

Thanks mate. I've still haven't quite processed what happened there. Quite a contrast to a few league titles I missed out on back in the FM16 days! :D

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

Everything has been said above. It was probably the craziest season I've ever had on any FM. And yes, I do realise 39 points is a very low total for a champion of a 22-game league. I'm fully aware of the fact how lucky we got here. But you know what? I don't give a ****. We are the champions, and Breiðablik are not.

Borgunarbikar

Competition Performance: Fourth Round.

Sometimes even going 3:0 up at half time is not good enough. Okay then.

Deildabikar

Competition Peformance: Semi Final

Similar to the Borgunarbikar, though without so much drama - not good enough.

Frábær Bikar

Competition Performance: Winners

We managed to add the final missing trophy to our collection, even though it wasn't exactly the best of our perfomances.

Champions League

Competition Performance: Second Qualifying Round

We were surprisingly good against Zrinjski and ended up winning comfortably, but Zvezda were simply too strong for us at this stage.

Europa League

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

Really should have done better here. We got 2:0 up in the return leg and still managed to crash out on penalties. Unacceptable.

Squad

Release clauses have hurt us badly here. The squad is visibly weaker than one year ago, and it could really do with a transition period.

Transfers - Finances

We brought in bags of money for Icelandic standards, but weren't really able to replace the players with new ones of superior or at least similar quality. It's been a while since I last failed at this so badly. We didn't even have a proper striker available at one point!

Not as bad as before, but not good either. Europe helped us greatly, but we're still quite deep in the red.

Player of the Season

1st - Maximiliano Caufriez - 11 goals in 29 games? That would be a decent return for some strikers, but we got this out of a damn centre back. And some of these goals were absolutely crucial - he scored three in the sensational month that September was. A truly indispensable player.

2nd - Oddur Ingi Jónsson - he was originally meant to be second choice, but a dip in form from Romain Gall gave him a pass into the starting XI. And he delivered - 16 assists is a new club record. Many of them were from set pieces, with Caufriez on the receiving end. Always nice to see a young Icelander do well here.

3rd - Árni Björn Steinarsson - perhaps this is a bit of a honourable mention, but the fact is that he made his debut (and scored a late winner) against ÍBV and that was exactly when we suddenly found our top form again. Four goals and two assists in eight games is a decent return as well, especially for a 16-year-old. This young lad surely has something special about him.

Next Season

Originally I planned not to extend my contract and leave, but right now I'm somewhat on the fence. It's a tough decision to make, given all circumstances.

W4ydbrq.png

As I said before, this was a difficult decision to make. The main reason? I've won everything I could in Iceland. I've dragged the club from second tier mid-table mediocrity to two times champions of the country, including storming to a treble straight after getting promoted and adding the only missing piece of silverware that was the supercup the season after. Then I managed to consolidate by defending the title in a truly unique fashion. Iceland has been conquered once again. It's time to move on.

oK5Uffw.png

I didn't have to wait long for a good offer - the 2021 season is still not over in Norway!

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - FK Jerv

AEp0EJZ.png

A surprise appointment? Maybe. Let's see.

Club Name: FK Jerv
Nickname: -
Year Founded: 1921
Stadium: J.J. Ugland Stadion - Levermyr (5,500 all-seater)

7PBaibr.png

No real glories to speak of... yet.

26Bvu74.png

r0hcxiT.png

As for the league, we sit in 10th with just five games to go and look rather comfortable in terms of survival. Let's just finish that off and get into the transfer window.

37 minutes ago, noikeee said:

****, not again. This bug is getting pretty annoying...

Truly sensational stuff in Iceland, to turn that league around was pretty mental.

Thanks, much appreciated. :thup:

As for the screenshot... well, I can see where it's coming from. First of all, I've still yet to do any coaching badge because of the lack of funds at the clubs I've managed. So, both my attributes are low and my reputation - while it's sitting at 25% or 1 and a quarter a star - is also quite poor, compared to the club's 2,5 stars. From my experience it should be possible to turn this around, but I'd be better off doing this sooner rather than later. I won't be surprised if the board summon me to a meeting at some point during the off-season.

5 minutes ago, Botas said:

Love the format of your thread. 

Decent move across to Norway, do you think you could of held out for slightly bigger Scandinavian team? 

Thanks for the kind words. :thup:

I'm not sure actually. As said above, my reputation isn't very high, and a move to a mid-table Norwegian side seemed like a very reasonable thing to do, especially now that I have finished the season and have the whole transfer window ahead. I love transfer windows. :D

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2021 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

Results (red line marks my arrival)

Competition Performance: 11th

The club was predicted to finish 11th and that's exactly the result. My results haven't been particularly exciting so far, but it's largely down to me still trying to find the perfect tactical balance. Note that we lost by narrow margins each time.

Cupen

Competition Performance: Fourth Round

I'd say the previous gaffer did a fairly decent job here.

Squad

A rather thin, aging, and generally average squad. I have plenty of work to do here, which really excites me.

Transfers - Finances

No transfer activity from me yet.

Wow! I'm not sure whether I've ever been in the black before on this FM. Feels refreshing.

Player of the Season

1st - Henrik Kjelsrud Johansen - the club's top scorer, who also fell just one goal short of becoming the league's top scorer as well. Five goals in five games during my time here is not too shabby either. Hopefully he can keep up the good form next season.

2nd - Rino Falk Larsen - my first attempt at the Segundo Volante role is working out quite nicely so far, largely thanks to this guy's performance there. Decent at the back and posing quite a threat when going forward, exactly what I would expect.

3rd - Cláudio Ribeiro - I always like a winger who can not only run fast, but also jump high and not get pushed over by your average Joe full back. I see a lot of potential in this guy if only I can get the tactic right to get the most out of him.

Next Season

Build a squad and see what happens, pretty much. I'm aiming for the top half.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2022 - FK Jerv

Board Expectations:

Eliteserien: Mid-table finish
Cupen: Quarter-Final

My Expectations:

Eliteserien: The top half should definitely be within our reach.
Cupen: A decent run would be nice. I'm not overly fussed though.

Budgets:

Transfer: £65,236
Wage: £45,504 (currently spending £24,274)
Balance: £536,335

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2022 - FK Jerv

Friendlies

xExD6OZ.png

A very good set of results. The only concerning thing is the number of goals conceded against the decent sides.

Transfers

nOmqUok.png

A lovely £1M profit. This is a whole new world.

Filip Mrzljak - I had my eyes on this guy back in the HK days, but decided against bringing him in back then. Thankfully - he'll add a lot of quality to the side here.

Hasan Duman - a transfer arranged by the previous boss. I don't need him at all. Poor guy.

Alfons Sampsted - another pre-arranged move, but this time an actually useful one.

Aron Dønnum - the big transfer of the window. He should slot perfectly into the number 10 position. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Jim Dahlberg - brought in as backup to Dønnum, the young Finnish lad still has plenty of room to grow.

Tete Morente - a well-rounded player who is probably going to be retrained to play left back.

Panagiotis Tseberidis - my scouts were very excited about him, and he had top Italian sides sniifing around. Let's see what happens.

Youth Intake

Wpsl99P.png

Not the best overall, but...

Simen Gryt

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2022 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

n8rE3YP.png

vGUkyfr.png

Given the current size of the club, this is a wonderful start. We're right up there with the top sides, just two points off the leaders.

Cupen

RuiSPBL.png

An easy enough win against lower league opposition.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2022 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

sdNWtPn.png

UWaXote.png

A wonderful month sees us extend our unbeaten run to nine league games and sit just one point behind surprise leaders Haugesund.

Cupen

eayIapy.png

Another smooth victory.

Lillestrøm away up next.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - June 2022 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

f5gvLMV.png

VIFxOk6.png

A disappointing defeat, but we're still in a great position at the halfway stage considering the expectations. We're not far off the European spots at all, and I feel we can make it.

Cupen

tnX8UWx.png

The extra time proved costly in the league, but we got what we wanted in the end.

We've drawn Sandnes Ulf at home for the next round.

17 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Nothing short of a superb season so far, the Norwegian title could happen!

Thanks. It feels quite weird for me doing so well pretty much anywhere I go (let's forget Haukar, shall we?), certainly not what I've been used to in the past. To be honest, I'm taking some time to adapt to this.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2022 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

camXZHE.png

r851j2l.png

Not a lot of fixtures, but we've remarkably stormed past Sogndal to fire us right into the top spot with a three point advantage. Eight games to go, could we...?

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2022 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

RbhwHEg.png

HnMsWzj.png

We did it! In fact, we should have done it by winning the Strømsgodset game, which we dominated, but of course that would be too easy. When we grabbed an early lead on the final day, it was great. Then we looked calm and confident, mostly circulating possession, but in the 74th minute they hit us from a corner, and things got interesting. A great performance from Eirik Johansen between the sticks ensured the draw though, and even an absolute sitter in the dying minutes couldn't give Molde what they desired so much. We're making history again here.

Archived