Sports Interactive Community
Rikulec

FM18: Memory Lane

21 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

Good luck at Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs mate! The name itself deserved a crack of the whip!

Yeah, try spelling that without copying & pasting. :D

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - June 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

1. Deild karla

f0Sz5B3.png

vX8pGaM.png

A dictionary definition of mid-tableness.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

1. Deild karla

NhnjDk0.png

rxH1UcI.png

It's becoming quite ridiculous now. Just seven goals conceded in twice as many games, and that leaves us with as many as five defeats. The only way for us not to lose is to keep a clean sheet. :D

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

1. Deild karla

Wkleu6h.png

7HFjBPF.png

Woah! Something has definitely clicked in the team, and a great month sees us join the promotion fight and actually end August in 2nd! We still have Leiknir R. and Vestri in our schedule, both at home, separated by a trip to Selfoss. Things are heating up here.

Transfers

Giuseppe Pizza - I forgot to mention last time that we signed the most brilliantly named player ever. And he's brilliant.

Youth Intake

RdLjkhy.png

Meh.

Tryggvi Viðarsson

36 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

Fantastic August keep up the good work mate! \o/

Cheers mate. :thup:

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

1. Deild karla

SPAp4ZW.png

MjCNUpV.png

We did it! Things could have gone much differently easily - we were horribly wasteful against Leiknir R. Against Selfoss we kept banging our heads onto a brick wall until the 80th minute, when they brought attacking players on and switched to an attacking flat 4-3-3, leaving space at the back for us to exploit. And finally Vestri. We ran out at them so furiously that we had recorded 5 shots (3 on target) before the three minute mark, making it 11 (5 on target) at half time. Once we finally scored, only four minutes passed before they equalised. Our motivation didn't go away though, and again we got the business done in the final minutes. Champions!

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

1. Deild karla

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

Surprise surprise! I expected a mid-table finish, and the first half of the season looked like we were going to achieve exactly that. And then, all of a sudden, everything just fell right into place. We went 7-1-1 in our final nine games, which fired us all the way to the top of the table in the very last match. Also, only 10 goals conceded in 22 games is pretty damn good.

Borgunarbikar

Competition Performance: Third Round

We met the exact expectations in a very dull and unspectacular fashion. Move on.

Deildabikar

Competition Peformance: 8th in Group Stage

I'm going to pretend this didn't happen.

Squad

I like it, although a few additions here and there are needed. I like the fact we already have a couple of very talented youngsters.

Transfers - Finances

If you followed my previous threads, you know I love transfers. Especially when they're free, young, good, and full of potential.

We're deep in the **** with no real views of improvement anytime soon. Nice.

Player of the Season

1st - Joseph Olowu - hands down the best capture of the transfer window. The ex-Arsenal defender performed wonderfully in the cover role, largely contributing to our remarkable defensive record. What's even better, he still seems to have plenty of room for development. Hopefully we can keep him at the club.

2nd - Dino Raspor - if you keep 14 clean sheets in 22 league games as a goalkeeper, you simply deserve a mention here. And it was not only the defensive line that made it possible - Raspor stepped in when necessary more often than not and saved us on several occasions. Apart from one blunder in the Deildabikar early on he was more than dependable.

3rd - Ásgeir Marteinsson - I had a bit of a ponder over the third place on this list, but finally I decided to go with Marteinsson. He was pretty much the face of the team - when he was mediocre, so was everyone else. But his form exploded in the middle of the season and, well, you can see where it got us.

Next Season

Survive at all costs.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Board Expectations:

Pepsideildin: Avoid relegation
Borgunarbikar: Fourth Round
Deildabikar: Don't get outclassed

My Expectations:

Pepsideildin: With some of the additions we've already made I feel optimistic about meeting the expectations.
Borgunarbikar: A good run would be nice.
Deildabikar: Not important.

Budgets:

Transfer: £0
Wage: £14,228 (currently spending £12,649)
Balance: -£620,550

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Amazing run to end the season!

Thanks. :thup: We played some spectacular football at times as well, just lacked the end product. Hopefully this won't be a problem next season...

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Friendlies

09nLDGW.png

A clean sweep against lower level opposition.

Transfers

VmRfipP.png

I was planning to make three, maybe four transfers. As always though, things got a bit out of hand. You may recognise a couple of names there.

Trausti Már Stefánsson - I knew he had potential, but I didn't imagine he'd develop this much. Safe to say Martin Dahm is not our key player anymore.

Stefan Spasic - a midfielder who can do pretty much anything. Handy.

Konstantin Breuer - not very spectacular and I think I might have slightly overpaid, but oh well. A first team player.

Einar Þórðarson - well hello there, you beautiful beast. This one developed just as I thought he would.

Kostas Manolas - no, not that one. This one's quite good as well, at least for our level.

Sindri Snær Magnússon - a decent enough backup player to snap up for free and on relatively cheap wages.

Romain Gall - our new starting right winger.

Haraldur Björnsson - while I can't complain about Dino Raspor's performance last season, this guy is on a completely different level. Oh, and he's Icelandic.

Maximiliano Caufriez - a direct replacement for Olowu. Looks good enough.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Deildabikar

VoMmTUc.png

uYPZQqM.png

That's one damn strong start. Stjarnan are supposed to be one of the league's powers, yet we smashed them and could have scored much more. Good times ahead?

Congratulations on the title!

I was really impressed you convinced Manolas to come to Iceland before I realized it was a different dude haha.

57 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Congratulations on the title!

I was really impressed you convinced Manolas to come to Iceland before I realized it was a different dude haha.

Thanks! As for Manolas, this one is quite interesting as well - he was released by Levadiakos after a really good season in the Greek Superleague. I'm surprised he even wanted to talk to us and that no one bigger went after him. I'm not going to complain though. :D

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Deildabikar

4AuEVHk.png

7RenbxF.png

Another strong month as we remain unbeaten with a very good chance of topping the group.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Deildabikar

RPXI2u4.png

rwlgAIz.png

As predicted, an easy win, with our young star striker becoming a hat-trick hero.

7m8upX7.png

And we went on to win the whole thing! A spectacular performance saw us go through the knockout stage without even conceding once. Another piece of silverware to our modest collection!

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

8kDyXBu.png

DRIFQ1H.png

It's still early days, but after such a storming start it's hard not to get carried away. There seem to be more strong teams at the top though. This could be one hell of a season.

Borgunarbikar

Pl6B1Rw.png

We really shouldn't have needed an extra time equaliser or a penalty shoot-out to dispatch lower league opposition, even if I did field the second string. We got there in the end though, and that's the only thing that matters.

ÍR at home up next.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - June 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

aUpoVzc.png

CuFe8o0.png

We've developed a worrying tendency to concede first. It started with Haraldur Björnsson's injury and I hope it will end when he comes back.

Borgunarbikar

fqw4bWj.png

Much more confident than the previous game. They scored from a counter attack against the run of play.

We're facing a trip to Breiðablik in the quarters.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

2Km55U9.png

EIGjH55.png

Our defence has officially gone to ****.

Borgunarbikar

walqXaE.png

That's four wins from four derby games. They're really going to hate us.

We've drawn Valur in the semi final, with the other pair being Fylkir and Fjölnir.

Transfers

Patrik Karlsson-Lagemyr - a very promising Swede joins us for a mere £10K from Göteborg. He's already scored on his debut.

Youth Intake

MQ18GNu.png

Nothing particularly exciting.

Sverrir Óskarsson

Kári Kjartansson

Adam Eggertsson

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

7w8pZvk.png

W86rXEu.png

A defeat against Fylkir could prove very, very costly. What we did afterwards was spectacular though - we put six past the still-reigning champions of Iceland!

Borgunarbikar

o1xHYho.png

We did it! We went 2:0 up and absolutely dominated Valur before letting in two silly goals to give it all away. And in the final we were lethal just before the break and just afterwards. The goals Gall scored were some beautiful passing moves as well. We're in Europe, baby!

A6Hssni.png

The run-in. We need more than just a bit of luck, but we're going to try our best.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

pWOtOdT.png

rgPHkoE.png

Who would have thought? We've done the treble in the first season after getting promoted!!! I'm actually lost for words. Fylkir completely ballsed it up when it mattered the most, and we held our nerve despite slipping up at Fjölnir. What's particularly worth mentioning about that game is that Stefan Spasic managed to get himself sent off just 28 seconds in! :lol:

RoVPDtO.png

x1t1Iwc.png

Q0kIR5o.png

MULLJMe.png

I can't think of a better way to celebrate the club's 50th anniversary!

8OXfgjo.png

ry0pUV4.png

That didn't take too long! I don't think I'll be staying here long enough to make it to the top, but who knows?

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2020 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

Results

I'm speechless. The Deildabikar campaign was a hint that we could be in for a decent first season in the top flight. Then we had a smashing start, but afterwards we had a blip in form in June-July, and at one point I thought it was all over. But then Fylkir sold their star striker just after beating us in the league, and they had their wheels fall off in no time. Not that I'm complaining!

Borgunarbikar

Not the most confident of runs, but what is there to complain about really? We won the thing, that's what matters.

Deildabikar

Competition Peformance: Winners

A dominant performance if I've ever seen one. Just one draw and just three goals conceded in ten games. Smashing.

Squad

A strong squad with a few standout players and a nice bit of depth. This of course doesn't mean I'm not going apeshit in the upcoming transfer window, mind.

Transfers - Finances

Ten transfers in overall, and pretty much all of them paid off and strenghtened the first team. We also made a profit. Shall I say more?

We need European football and we need it desperately.

Player of the Season

1st - Einar Þórðarson - what an absolute beast of a striker this guy is. Simply bullying defenders and pushing them around with his outstanding physicality, largely contributing to our build-up. Oh, and let's not forget that the guy is a goal machine who absolutely smashed the league record for most goals in a season, scoring 18 in 21 games. Mental.

2nd - Romain Gall - I took a punt, signing a player whose attributes I couldn't see, relying solely on a recommendation, and boy, did it pay off. It turned out that surprisingly it was him who featured in the most games for us, and ended up with the most assists in the whole team. A great player.

3rd - Kostas Manolas - for this league he's a top class left back, and his average rating serves the purpose of proving it. Stretching the play brilliantly in attack playing as an attacking wing back, and flawless in his defensive duties. He sure did replace Giuseppe Pizza as I had expected him to!

Next Season

Another clean sweep would be spectacular. First and foremost though I want to boost our finances by a European run.

nVQ7tr1.png

Am I the only one who thinks this is going to completely bury us financially?

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Board Expectations:

Pepsideildin: Title challenge
Borgunarbikar: Semi-Final
Deildabikar: Not important
Frábær Bikar: Win it

My Expectations:

Pepsideildin: We're going to be stronger than last year, so we really should be winning it.
Borgunarbikar: The same as with the league.
Deildabikar: Not important.
Frábær Bikar: It's the only missing piece of silverware for us, so...

Budgets:

Transfer: £0
Wage: £20,965 (currently spending £15,666)
Balance: -£950,798

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Friendlies

O6xJrJA.png

A rise in reputation allowed us to throw in a couple of stronger teams.

Transfers

LYCybPa.png

We made a profit again, and seven players instead of nine is personal progress for me. I almost restrained myself!

Miroslav Pavic - this transfer has been arranged for around a year. A young Serbian striker with heaps of potential, what's not to like?

Oddur Ingi Jónsson - another one for the future, and poached on a free. Lovely.

Viktor Karl Einarsson - woah. He becomes the highest earner in the team, but what a player he is.

Nicolai Damkjær - our new starting CB. Still plenty of room for development as well.

Mauricio Yañez - he was supposed to be backup for Stefánsson, but things changed since then. He'll surely get his chance.

Kingsley Michael - as if one class midfielder wasn't enough! The perfect complement for Einarsson.

Mateusz Wolos - quite a big gamble here, but I had to do something, right?

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Deildabikar

S0K0L9p.png

kyhxPIb.png

Straightforward as ever. What's definitely worth a special mention is a hat-trick from our centre back Caufriez against Fjölnir!

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - March 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Deildabikar

xQgnVTQ.png

GjYlqp4.png

Our first defeat in the Deildabikar since 2019, and we've also already conceded more goals than in the last year's competition. We're still going to win the group though, so no panic.

I was gonna remark on how you're slicing through the leagues, but seems like you no longer have Giuseppe Pizza. :( 

2 hours ago, noikeee said:

I was gonna remark on how you're slicing through the leagues, but seems like you no longer have Giuseppe Pizza. :( 

Sadly I don't. :( He's at Udinese, and not doing particularly well.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Deildabikar

CkpwfcE.png

jqYel0E.png

FH gave us a brief scare with an early goal, but then we proceeded to dismantle them in the usual fashion.

iuk7AV4.png

Oh dear. While an unconvincing performance was enough to see us past KR, the Valur game was the exact opposite. We had 21 shots (9 on target) to their 4 (3 on target), but well, these things happen. We're not retaining the Pre-Season Mickey Mouse Cup then.

Frábær Bikar

BJfQI9A.png

Yet another unconvincing performance, but a goal from supersub Pavic was enough for us to lift the trophy. That's the last position on the list checked then.

47 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

Congrats on the win mate! :applause:

Cheers mate. :thup:

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

IarLr50.png

EeDYfVD.png

Uh oh. I guess this naturally comes with getting too good too early. We're at the stage where we create numerous chances to no avail while the opponents only need one lucky break to put one past us. It's probably my tactics.

Borgunarbikar

zza5NaL.png

An easy win against lower league opposition.

Þróttur R. at home up next.

wsZ70pf.png

**** me, that was too close. Officially changing from Control to Standard now.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - June 2021 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Pepsideildin

0ivcPMb.png

qNBecrd.png

The results are better, but we're far, far from convincing. We need to step up and we need to do it soon.

Borgunarbikar

2lYsPfe.png

We were 3:0 up at half time for ****'s sake. No, I just don't want to talk about this.