• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2022 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

When I took over with five games of last season remaining, we lost three of them. This time we lost three games all season. We've come a long, long way in a very short period of time. The club's previous record position in the league was 9th, achieved in 2020. A year later we came 11th, and now... this. I'm delighted.

Cupen

Competition Performance: Fourth Round

Could have done better.

Squad

Better than it was last year at this stage, but despite the title victory we could still do with a couple of improvements.

Transfers - Finances

We made a beautiful profit while also making the squad stronger. Pretty much the usual stuff, eh? I'd point out Mrzljak, Tseberidis, and Wasilewski as the transfers I'm especially happy with.

Our financial situation is really good, as you'd expect after winning a league title. This should allow for a couple of much needed improvements.

Player of the Season

1st - Espen Knudsen - this guy deserves to have his story presented in a separate post, which I will do. For now, he's simply my Player of the Season for 2022. More to follow.

2nd - Filip Mrzljak - if he could become a key player for a title-winning side in Norway, I'm scared to think what he would have done if I had brought him to HK when I had the chance shortly before my resignation! He missed a few games because of a hip injury, but thankfully most of his recovery happened during the two-month summer break. Just the defensive midfielder my system needs.

3rd - Rino Falk Larsen - making the list for the second year in a row, Falk Larsen is another player I've fallen in love with. He's the perfect link between defence and attack, playing as a Segundo Volante in my deep 4-2-3-1. Quite a decent goal tally for a player in his position as well.

Next Season

I guess we should be aiming for retaining the title, right? I'm curious to see how we're going to do in Europe.

So, what's the deal with Espen Knudsen?

vP0mONk.jpg

He's spent eleven years at the club, more than anyone else in the current squad. And, as you can see, he's come a long, long way together with the club. From the depths of what seems to be the Norwegian 4th tier in 2013 to being a key player of a title-winning side under my tenure in 2022, all here at Jerv. Now, in normal circumstances, he'd probably be a club icon at the very least. A fan favourite, a true symbol of the club. Not only has he been here for such a long time, but he's also a team leader in the dressing room and the holder of the most league appearances record.

Nvv2BJN.png

wbGexb6.png

And the most ridiculous thing? He's not even favoured personnel. Non-existent. Nothing. If you want my opinion, it's a disgrace.

I really hope he hits 300 appearances for us next season and that he finally gets the recognition he deserves. For me, this guy's story is amazing. He's my personal club legend.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2023 - FK Jerv

Board Expectations:

Eliteserien: Top half finish
Cupen: Quarter-Final

My Expectations:

Eliteserien: Top three is the minimum.
Cupen: Not important.

Budgets:

Transfer: £291,272
Wage: £50,178 (currently spending £20,330)
Balance: £332,670

3 hours ago, JMA said:

Great stuff on winning the title pal

I love finding hidden gems like Knudsen you grow so attached to them over time it’s amazing

Thanks man. :thup: Knudsen is a great story, shame the game doesn't seem to recognise it.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2023 - FK Jerv

Friendlies

zzUq23j.png

When I scheduled a friendly against Bayern's reserves, I really wasn't expecting them to field Maximilian Philipp or Thomas Müller...

Transfers

xvKybTb.png

Surprisingly quiet this time round.

Jinty Caenepeel - a direct competitor for Ribeiro's place in the starting XI. His pace could be very, very useful. A possible supersub.

Mats Holst - some very decent attributes at 20 already, and I believe he can still develop.

Felix Horn Myhre - a great opportunity came up to strenghten our already strong midfield, so I had to do it.

Frank Kjell Aas - we had to spend relatively big here, but he'll need to replace Johansen in the opening part of the season, so we needed quality here. Similarly to Holst, I hope he's going to grow.

Youth Intake

iG4IpMi.png

I like the look of Richardsen. Not a bad intake in terms of first team potential.

Johnny Richardsen

Wilmer Løkken

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - April 2023 - FK Jerv

Superfinalen

HS2kbFi.png

We dominated over 90 minutes, but couldn't make our chances count and eventually got punished for it.

Eliteserien

a55XULl.png

zYEmXAa.png

In the league, however, we've really enjoyed ourselves this month, shooting right up into the top spot after a great start. Could have been even better had we not thrown away a two goal lead at Odd!

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

wMXTDft.png

8sFJezi.png

I'm very happy with this set of results given our injury problems. I wonder how long Stabæk are going to keep up the good form, they look pretty much unstoppable at the moment. Are you here, @Keano16?

Cupen

3pRLOz2.png

Nothing exciting really, though it's not the time for excitement; rather the opposite.

We're facing a trip to Odd in the next round.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - June 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

SlJ004Q.png

kFWYkR7.png

Very, very poor by our recent standards. Thankfully Stabæk had lost twice before we met, otherwise we'd be in trouble.

Cupen

1JS5xOh.png

We had trouble breaking through until Gryt came in off the bench. Our talented winger ends the game with a goal and an assist as we go through.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

jmzV0jY.png

Yh6gjt2.png

Not a bad month as we went unbeaten again and regained the top spot, but the performances still aren't very convincing. We can do better than this.

Champions League

E8EsOCA.png

Goals, goals, goals! A set of unexpected performances where we were nothing short of spectacular. We should be able to get past APOEL, who seemed to be very tough opposition on paper.

Transfers

Morten Konradsen - a free transfer to boost the numbers and add some depth to the DM position.

Halldor Stenevik - it cost £350K to bring him from FC Emmen and I think I overpaid. On the other hand, I just couldn't rely solely on Simen Gryt on the left wing.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

xnzsY7v.png

IlfFTTE.png

Just the two games this time, and we made the best out of them. We look relatively safe in the top spot now.

Champions League

mDHEVqZ.png

Well, we were fantastic... right until the play-off. Admittedly, Young Boys turned up with a ridiculously strong squad, miles better than ours, but this? This should never have happened. We got our arses handed to us on a silver plate on both occasions. Still, we're the only Norwegian team to have made it to the Europa League groups this season!

Cupen

1wMXhdx.png

Easy enough.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - September 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

OwTcGqG.png

SpiiZHG.png

We weren't particularly dominant or convincing in any of these games, but we keep grinding out the results. Seven points ahead, eight games to go. Please don't fall apart now.

Europa League

BogCJf8.png

qtyJC5P.png

They killed us with pace. It felt like playing FIFA at times. To be honest though, we don't seem to be anywhere near ready for this level of football. Or maybe it's my tactics.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - October 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

wPSBnNO.png

AcTXDXK.png

Everything was going well until we inexplicably recorded our first league defeat at home this season. Hopefully it was just a one-off, it would be very inconvenient to have a dip in form now.

Europa League

tfTWFkL.png

z4D5h4h.png

Woah. Bouncing back from 2:0 down at Dinamo to equalise within the first half's stoppage time was quite spectacular, but then how to describe the Brugge result? I think it requires an explanation. They played some weird version of 3-5-2, which left acres of space for our wingers; especially Ribeiro was completely unmarked most of the time. And seeing as he's on his absolutely top form at the moment... oh well. I'm not complaining anyway, just hoping they'll play the same tactic at our place!

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - November 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

FYEis4O.png

xcqKcn0.png

Oh for ****'s sake. History loves to repeat itself, doesn't it? Of course we're up against Brann in the last game.

Europa League

OBhgfkn.png

ZBtLaPe.png

Things are shaping up quite nicely for us as we only need a draw in the final game against Dinamo to go through.

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - December 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

8XN76UD.png

7zsmnCq.png

What a beautiful display of class. We turned up in top form exactly when it was required. Everything Brann could muster was a 90th minute consolation goal. We've retained the title!

Europa League

EhzMH1H.png

YTMtvlh.png

I would like to dedicate this one to @Jupjamie. We're through to the next round and it's only the club's first ever European appearance!

uygZRi5.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Review - 2023 - FK Jerv

Eliteserien

Results

Competition Performance: Winners

It's been a strange season. For quite a long time we seemed to be absolutely smashing and dominating the league, but the results weren't really matched by performances; it was solid defending and taking the chances we had rather than storming everyone. And then at one point we started to struggle, possibly because of the fixture congestion caused by European games. Suddenly our advantage ceased to exist right before the final showdown. And then we simply went out and performed a ruthless execution. In the end, we made it, and it's all that matters.

Cupen

Competition Performance: Quarter Final

Yet another disappointment in this competition. Shame.

Superfinalen

Competition Performance: Runners-up

We were the better team out there, but simply failed to make it count.

Champions League

Competition Performance: Fourth Qualifying Round

We definitely exceeded the expectations here. I was shocked to see us breeze past APOEL so easily and then beat Red Star without conceding a goal over two legs. But then we came crashing down hard. Really, really hard.

Europa League

Competition Performance: 2nd in Group Stage

Wow. We got drawn into a very even group and I had no idea what to expect. It turned out exposing Brugge's suicidal tactics and just about holding our own against Dinamo was enough for us to get through. Whoever we get next, it's already an amazing achievement for the club.

Squad

A decent squad overall, although it could do with a new centre back and a striker.

Transfers - Finances

The winter transfer window was rather quiet, but the summer one really made up for it. The Tsebiridis sale has already been covered, but bringing in Caenepeel on a free, hardly ever playing him, and then selling him for this much money just a few months afterwards has to count as quite an achievement. Man, I love transfers.

The figures speak for themselves. This season's achievements have shot the club to a whole new financial level. Let the good times roll!

Player of the Season

1st - Cláudio Ribeiro - hands down our best player this season. The numbers speak for themselves - 21 goals and 15 assists in all competitions show that the 28-year-old has struck the form of his lifetime. I had to keep rejecting numerous bids for him over the summer, and I'm so glad that I managed to keep him. It was him who carried us to success.

2nd - Filip Mrzljak - well, hello again. The experienced Croatian once again proved that an all-around midfielder is crucial for my system to work properly, and when he plays well, everyone around him does. This time I experimented with assigning the Segundo Volante role to him, and he returned the favour with a couple of cracking goals from outside the area. What a great player to have.

3rd - Simen Gryt - it's lovely to see a kid from my own youth intake make the list. Just look at all the green in that picture! He's been developing beautifully, and he's also delivered the most important thing - the numbers. Hitting double digit assists at the age of 17 is great, and this guy seems to have so much more left in store. Definitely the one who benefited from Tsebiridis' departure the most!

Next Season

With my contract expiring at the end of the year, I have quite a big decision to make...

4 hours ago, Rikulec said:

efgRyXW.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/05/lillestrom-player-criticised-celebrating-norwegian-cup-win-placing/

I've heard this is how people in Norway celebrate titles now... you gonna top that?

Nice title win! You've been doing great with Jerv so far mate, keep up the good work.

8 hours ago, oriole01 said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/05/lillestrom-player-criticised-celebrating-norwegian-cup-win-placing/

I've heard this is how people in Norway celebrate titles now... you gonna top that?

Nice title win! You've been doing great with Jerv so far mate, keep up the good work.

Haha. :lol: It has to be some kind of tradition, Christian Gytkjaer, who currently plays for Lech, has done the same when he was at Rosenborg!

7 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Stabaek one, Jerv nil you say?

Image result for evil laugh gif

I suppose well done on the season as well...

I knew you'd like it. :D

4 hours ago, tyler16 said:

Some way to end your run with Jerv. 

...if that is the end, of course. :lol:

Cheers mate.

Archived