FM18: Memory Lane

Rikulec

Remembering the good old days of

FM16: The Frozen Throne

into-the-wild-670x448.jpg

FM18: Memory Lane

Here we go then. After trying and - mostly - failing to properly crack the tough nut that FM17 was, I've decided to go back where it felt best. Iceland, I'm back.

The Aim

Have fun. The only twist is that this time I'm playing as myself and not a fictional character, so if for example the right team from Poland comes calling, I'm more than likely to answer.

The Manager

image.thumb.png.a95d6c91ce4219f616bc9a0cd088e785.png

As mentioned above, only a bit older for a tiny bit of realism.

The Save

3o0u8Dl.png

Big enough for whatever I'm going to need.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.thumb.png.87792432c039280beff2590558688e4d.png

Hardly surprising, though I don't think I've ever seen that particular location being picked.

image.thumb.png.d9c6a7009b393dcddc10d999161faca1.png

And here's the first chance to shine. Deep in the **** (of course) with just 4 points from 10 games, a club has decided they're desperate enough to give me a shot. Let's see how it goes.

image.thumb.png.71f01c790b0b736b1275f9c0779fb3d4.png

Alright then.

jXGSRVU.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - Knattspyrnufélagið Haukar

image.thumb.png.cde840b56ec4270ff93150a97854c13f.png

It becomes all about survival from now on.

Club Name: Knattspyrnufélagið Haukar
Nickname: -
Year Founded: 1931
Stadium: Ásvellir (2,120 capacity, 500 seated)

image.thumb.png.f85c0dd033f036c5a9f0ff2f93bcc05a.png

Surprisingly good facilities. Hopefully I'll be around long enough to make use of that!

image.thumb.png.f81a209556c43ad77b788ff2488cafcf.png

As I've already mentioned, our situation is far from comfortable. Twelve games left in the league, is it enough for a turnaround?

Oh yeah, I could get into an Iceland save. I went there this summer and fell in love with the place. Such a beautiful, quiet little country with an unbelievable footballing story. I even went to a live game in Grindavik and had an absolute blast!

I remember your FM16 thread as a great read, so I can't wait to see what's in store this time around. Good luck mate!

22 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Yet another '18 save, off and running...glad to see Slota back!

18 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

Oh yeah, I could get into an Iceland save. I went there this summer and fell in love with the place. Such a beautiful, quiet little country with an unbelievable footballing story. I even went to a live game in Grindavik and had an absolute blast!

I remember your FM16 thread as a great read, so I can't wait to see what's in store this time around. Good luck mate!

Cheers guys. :thup: I can already tell you that my pace is going to be slower this year, I don't get anywhere near as much free time as I used to with my previous threads, but I'll do my best here.

10 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Best of luck, man. :thup:

30 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

You can definitely turn it around, good luck mate! 

Thank you guys, appreciated. :thup:

10 hours ago, Jason the Yank said:

Seems a bit odd you should use a photos of a guy who ended up starving to death in the Alaska Interior. :D

Sssssh, it's about the journey. :D

jXGSRVU.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - July 2017 - Knattspyrnufélagið Haukar

1. Deild karla

image.thumb.png.7c651a94a7509d3d9451879f46cb062b.png

image.thumb.png.5b7118f2cfb5c766725c5892a34b0474.png

A debut win! @Jimbokav1971 may not like it, but we really need points. The next three games weren't as good, yet we're a bit closer to safety now. The upcoming three, however, are going to be crucial - we play ÍR, then Selfoss and finally Grótta.

Transfers

Luka Begovac - a young, talented striker. Brought in on a free to replace another striker who wanted to leave. Turns out the guy stayed and Begovac got injured before he could make his debut. :lol:

jXGSRVU.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - August 2017 - Knattspyrnufélagið Haukar

1. Deild karla

image.thumb.png.c093f57f64d74099665d89fbd3ab92db.png

image.thumb.png.cbe1ca377e25344a67a53706088c5336.png

A great month sees us crawl back among the living... just! Momentum seems to be on our side, or at least it did before Keflavík stopped our wonderful run. This is going right to the wire, strap up for the ride!

Youth Intake

image.thumb.png.a5a6c0dae363e408800c20696b9ea269.png

Oh. My. Word. This is much better than anything I could have hoped for. We got a new star striker straight away, and a few high potential players as well!

Haraldur Hróðmarsson

Trausti Már Stefánsson

Tryggvi Sveinn Geirsson

Einar Þórðarson

Ásgeir Haraldsson

Helgi Þrastarson

Jón Tómas Víðisson

14 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Don't give up, on to the next job... one thing I hated last year was that during job interviews you would be haunted forever if you ever relegated a team :(

From my experience I'll eventually get something, however obscure it may be. It's not like I've previously been relegated from this league on an FM beta or anything. :D

4ff5PUF.png

About time.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - New Club - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

KKO4tGr.png

Here's to the next chapter of this story.

Club Name: Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs
Nickname: -
Year Founded: 1970
Stadium: Kórinn (1,600 capacity, 1,500 seated)

sp6b6yo.png

The facilities are even better than Haukar's. Looks like Icelandic clubs have really made some serious investments. No wonder the country has produced a golden generation!

dJRGURn.png

My situation is as comfortable as it gets - the season has recently finished, so I have the whole long off-season period to organise everything I need at the club. Perfect.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Season Preview - 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Board Expectations:

1. Deild karla: Avoid relegation
Borgunarbikar: Third Round

My Expectations:

1. Deild karla: With the squad we have I believe we shouldn't find ourselves in the relegation battle. Aiming for a top half finish.
Borgunarbikar: I don't really know what to expect, nor am I too fussed.

Budgets:

Transfer: £4,373
Wage: £9,719 (currently spending £8,393)
Balance: -£733,409

20 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Unlucky with the sacking, but this new club looks a good fit.

Thanks. I can say I'm enjoying my first steps at HK (despite the financial situation), the real challenge still awaits though.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

Friendlies

7RqI5j2.png

Transfers

R6VpBzi.png

Four in, four out. I'm happy with the business we've done.

Antonis Martis - the first of our signings. I'm reasonably happy with him, although he's probably going to sit on the bench most of the time.

Philip Furch - the reason why Martis will struggle to start in midfield for us. We might be paying him a bit too much though.

Joseph Olowu - a great capture in my opinion. I can see the ex-Arsenal man developing into a strong defender.

Martin Dahm - the game suggests he's our new key player, and I can see why. A very good right back for the level we're at.

9 hours ago, Jason the Yank said:

That'll get the dressing room back on side. :D

The situation seems to be under control... for now.

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

A brill Poacher, a back-up Poacher, and a decent TM to change things around if needed all in 1 intake! :applause:

Can you buy me a lottery ticket please? :lol:

Well, it still wasn't enough to keep us up. :lol:

Get in. :applause:

You are going to love the facilities there. :cool:

Oh, I do!

He's great. :thup:

He looks very good indeed, though his first couple of performances seemed a little bit erratic. Could be just a matter of setting in, hopefully.

1 hour ago, KillercowDivine said:

Do you have any plans on how to turn the economy around? Any players you could sell?

It's going to be tough. We sold one player for £12K in the winter and it was the club's record outgoing transfer. There's no real value here, we're going to have to rely on board's injections and the faint possibility of a cup run for now.

mHF5ErL.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - May 2019 - Handknattleiksfélag Kópavogs

1. Deild karla

D3gaaKO.png

juz0LHt.png

A little bit of everything, though I believe we would have beaten Þór if Dahm hadn't missed a penalty at 1:0 up.

Borgunarbikar

ZP6AnEu.png

That's it for this season then. We beat a weaker opponent and lost to a stronger one. Meh.

Archived