Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] (Official) Data Issues

Recommended Posts

 

Please post any data issues related to Scotland here.

·        Please note that much of the data in the database is of a subjective nature and many people will have different opinions about this kind of data and this must be respected.                      

·        We would request you all to adhere to the following three point plan when posting in the data topics:                 

1.      State what you think is specifically wrong with a particular piece of data.                 

2.      State what you think the data should be.                

3.      State reasons/proof for your suggested corrections/improvements.                          

Please note that any non-data issues for Scotland should be posted in the appropriate thread within the League Specific Issues Forum. This would include issues such as league scheduling and league rules.

 

KNOWN ISSUES:

Darren McCormack ban now in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed a few errors in the Dunfermline Athletic team.

1) Callum Smith is under contract to 2020: 

2) John Potter is listed as a player when he in fact retired a number of years ago and now just fulfils coaching duties with the club.

3) Aaron Splaine's best position is listed as AM(R) when he has been deployed as a central midfielder in all of his appearances for the club.

4) David Hopkirk has a 'low' risk of injury but is very injury prone - in particular little knocks that keep him out for weeks.

5) Sean Murdoch is contracted to 2019 opposed to 2018:
 


2,3,4's evidence is me being a fan who watches week in, week out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 - the news is from 20th October - long after the datalock so it couldn't be reflected I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started a save with my local team Stirling Albion and noticed the players can't play in their positions they play in real life such as:

Andy Black: in game - RB.. in real life he is CM

Ross Kavanagh: in game - ST.. in real life he is LW/RW

Darren Smith: in game - ST.. in real life ST and LW

Lee Hamilton: in game - RB.. in real life LB

Ross McGeachie: in game - RB.. in real life CB

No youth players in team.

I applied to be the researcher for this team and its disappointing me that the club hasn't had any effort put into this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the Hibernian youngsters, why have none of the U20 players on loan not been put on a development loan, this means that in game they are unable to be selected for Development matches, this really needs to be sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Celtic youngster Kundai Benyu played for Aldershot prior to Celtic and on looking at his profile it says he scored his first goal in the English Premier Division even though Aldershot are competing in the vanarama national league.

2. The data should say he has scored his first goal in the national league

3. Photo Attached

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jc1 said:

Looking at the Hibernian youngsters, why have none of the U20 players on loan not been put on a development loan, this means that in game they are unable to be selected for Development matches, this really needs to be sorted.

You can't set development loans in the database, so it's not a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Rangers fan, I think the media prediction to finish 2nd is a bit generous. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing as Celtic and I played Kristoffer Ajer in a match and afterwards there was a press release of his debut which said he is a new player, having signed from Kilmarnock in May.

Celtic signed him from Start in 2016.

His biography also says he started his career with Celtic in in June 2016 and that he rejoined Celtic in June 2016,

 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuart Milne said:

You can't set development loans in the database, so it's not a mistake.

Ah! OK, seems a big mistake from SI so it'll have to be pre editor again this year, thanks Stuart.

Edited by jc1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the values of players in the Celtic team so a bit crazy also. Johnny Hayes worth £5m ? Simunovic is valued at less and he’s been touted for a premiership move 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, darren1589 said:

Some of the values of players in the Celtic team so a bit crazy also. Johnny Hayes worth £5m ? Simunovic is valued at less and he’s been touted for a premiership move 

That's not really a data issue per se as we can't set values, but there has to be a tradeoff between players either being sold for too little (i.e. an EPL club being able to buy Tierney or Dembele for £7m) or too much, as with the case of Hayes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markybhoy69 said:

Playing as Celtic and I played Kristoffer Ajer in a match and afterwards there was a press release of his debut which said he is a new player, having signed from Kilmarnock in May.

Celtic signed him from Start in 2016.

His biography also says he started his career with Celtic in in June 2016 and that he rejoined Celtic in June 2016,

 

Good spot. The 'loan' bit in his player history hasn't been ticked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Celtic player stats that are a pretty inaccurate:

  • James Forrest's dribbling stat is only 11. He's maybe the best dribbler in Scottish football. I'm aware his agility and speed are good and these contribute to running with the ball but his dribbling is also fantastic. I think a 16 would be fair, considering his agility. Also, his long shots should be nowhere near 15... maybe a 9.
  • Simunovic is widely known (in Scottish football) as being a much better player in every department than Sviatchenko and is the best defender in the SPFL. Sviatchenko is 3rd choice. This isn't represented by their stats or star recommendation.
  • Callum McGregor's first touch is electrifying.  The best first touch in Scottish football. I'd say 16 or 17. He's a very composed and technical player who scores goals.

Ask anyone in Scotland who have seen these guys play and they'd likely agree

Thanks

 

Edited by Rydovic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stewart1111 said:

The players faces show up for all the Scottish teams apart from Rangers and Kilmarnock why's that? Also my manager portrait doesn't show up either. I've read build notes and it says that generated player and staff portraits are disabled, does that include mine? 

We've not had any pictures from Rangers or Kilmarnock. We'll keep trying to get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jozo Simunovic (Celtic) has a very low wage (£1k) which doesn't really reflect his current position in the club, the wage should be higher as in FM17 (most recent database) it was 8k.

Kieran Tierney (Celtic) is currently stated to be 'recently promoted to the first team' but he made his breakthrough into the first team during the 15/16 season when he replaced Emilio Izaguirre as first choice and has been a key player since.

Kieran Tierney (Celtic) I'd say also deserves a slight bump in Leadership as he's been played as Celtic captain in multiple First Team games and settled well into his role in commanding the back line of youngsters (as both captain and normal player) whilst being groomed as the future replacement for current skipper Scott Brown.

Edited by Rossums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, liamallan18 said:

I started a save with my local team Stirling Albion and noticed the players can't play in their positions they play in real life such as:

Andy Black: in game - RB.. in real life he is CM

Ross Kavanagh: in game - ST.. in real life he is LW/RW

Darren Smith: in game - ST.. in real life ST and LW

Lee Hamilton: in game - RB.. in real life LB

Ross McGeachie: in game - RB.. in real life CB

No youth players in team.

I applied to be the researcher for this team and its disappointing me that the club hasn't had any effort put into this.

Just to back up on this. Here is the team sheet from saturdays game.

2BCB4448-FFA1-4C88-9389-DEE9BEF7E255.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re Hibernian.

Colin Nish works with the U14 youth team and is not an U20 coach, he isn't even in the club directory.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/colin-nish-back-at-hibs-as-a-youth-coach-1-4369807

 

Chris Smith is a Development coach, he's in the club directory.

http://hibernianacademy.co.uk/index.php/player/chris-smith/

 

John Porteous the physio retired 2 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic:

Should have Australian club Nerang listed as an affiliate (since March this year) - http://www.celticfc.net/news/12293

Scott Brown is no longer retired from International duty

Tommy Caffrey (name misspelled as already noted) should have St. Francis in his career history, signed at Celtic in July 2016.  Likewise, Reece Willison should have St. Mirren and was a free transfer on 17th August 2017. 

P.J. Crossan was born in Motherwell, Ross Doohan in Clydebank, Calvin Miller in Glasgow, Tony Ralston in Bellshill, Joe Thomson in Paisley.

Broque Watson was on loan at Spartans from August until January last season.  Lewis Bell was on loan at BSC Glasgow last season.

Edit: Mikael Lustigs' contract should run until 2019 http://www.celticfc.net/news/11945 

Edited by mjaferrie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wanting to be one of those people who say why isn't this player at my club better, I think there is an issue with Rangers centre backs. 

Ross McCrorie has been third pick CB in real life for a while now (albeit Danny Wilson has been injured/vanished before the Kilmarnock game) yet he is clearly worse than David Bates in the game, a man who has hardly featured recently and who is really now 6th choice (Alves, Cardoso, McCrorie, Wilson x2).

Bates also has higher potential  than McCrorie according to my coaches which I given their reputations both good and bad seems inaccurate to me. 

Edited by kyle237

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kyle237 said:

Not wanting to be one of those people who say why isn't this player at my club better, I think there is an issue with Rangers centre backs. 

Ross McCrorie has been third pick CB in real life for a while now (albeit Danny Wilson has been injured/vanished before the Kilmarnock game) yet he is clearly worse than David Bates in the game, a man who has hardly featured recently and who is really now 6th choice (Alves, Cardoso, McCrorie, Wilson x2).

Bates also has higher potential  than McCrorie according to my coaches which I given their reputations both good and bad seems inaccurate to me. 

Totally agree mate, he needs an upgrade, specifically his first touch, passing and technique. Leadership as well, been Rangers and Scotland youth captain all the way through the age groups. 

Agree with the poster further up that Windass has nowhere near 15 strength either, more like 11 i'd say.

Morelos' jumping reach, heading, fitness, stamina, aggression, passing are all also pretty unfairly poor but i guess the Finland researcher would have decided on those stats. 

Holt stats have been bugging me last few versions to be honest, 17 vision? He never plays a pass further than 15 yards, think he got no assists last season as well. In saying that though, his strength, natural fitness, tackling and bravery could all be slightly improved. 

Looking forward to the Pena downgrade come January hahaha. 

Foderingham is also a very good communicator on the pitch, always hear him shouting instructions at games, 9  is more like a 12 or 13 imo. 

Apart from that though i think Rangers stats are pretty fair and realistic. 1st season at Rangers on FM could be quite tough, only 1.8m to spend and 28k free on the wage budget with poor squad depth. Need to go bargain hunting. 

Appreciate all this is subjective though, just thought i'd give my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've made a conscious decision this time around to ensure that just because a kid has played a few games for a team, not to just give him an immediate first team standard current ability.

McCrorie - for all the hype - hasn't really established himself yet as a regular for quite a poor Rangers side so we think his CA is accurate. His potential is pretty high though as far as I'm aware.

That said, if there are individual attributes that need attention then I'll look at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A note about the Livingston kits - our home kit is the black kit and our away one is the yellow kit. In the game the yellow one is set to our home kit and the black one away.  Additionally, I would say that the Livingston players work rate stats are a bit too low. This could be subjective but having seen a lot of our games this season (especially the Dundee United game won recently) the work rate stats should be a bit higher. 

Another thing I would suggest is to change for Livingston is the position of Keaghan Jacobs. He is down as being a MR/ AM RC however for the past few years he has been at the club he has played as a CM

 

Edited by calum
Missed out 'game' and added player info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this is the wrong place. 

 

Hearts first 4 home league games against Aberdeen, rangers, st Johnstone and Kilmarnock should all be at murrayfield. 

The home league cup games should be at a reduced capacity tynecastle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I would consider changing at Celtic is the corner taking attribute. I'd move Griff up to the 16 that Armstrong currently is and i'd drop Armstrong down to 13 to put him on par with the other just above average corner takers. Brendan is on record as saying that Griff is the best corner taker at the club and we pretty much are forced to use his corners as no one else is good enough despite the fact he'd be better suited in the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Edusport Academy do not play at Hamilton Palace, instead groundsharing with Annan at Galabank - Link
  • Cove Rangers move to their new stadium (the Balmoral Stadium) in January 2018 - Link 1 Link 2
  • Ainslie Park is owned by Spartans, not Edinburgh City (who are groundsharing) - Link
  • Stirling Uni play at the Falkirk Stadium, not Forthbank

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stuart Milne said:

We've made a conscious decision this time around to ensure that just because a kid has played a few games for a team, not to just give him an immediate first team standard current ability.

McCrorie - for all the hype - hasn't really established himself yet as a regular for quite a poor Rangers side so we think his CA is accurate. His potential is pretty high though as far as I'm aware.

That said, if there are individual attributes that need attention then I'll look at that.

That is fair enough, definitely agree with the general rule that just because they are playing doesn't mean they are good enough. 

Although I'm still advocating for some combo of Bates to be worse/McCrorie to be better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some notes on the Aberdeen players:

Adam Rooney is fully effective as a Target Man, I'd say he's anything but, Rooneys a typical poacher, he's good in the 18 yard box but not much else. He very rarely wins headers v defenders or holds the ball up.

Scott McKenna is down as a LB, he's actually a CB and arguably been our best one this season so stats may need a boost

Anthony O Connor should maybe be better in the CDM role as he often plays their often

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Penrice is on loan from Partick Thistle to Livingston until Jan 2018 not June 2018  - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/james-penrice-joins-livingston-on-loan/

Livingston's U20s team are now managed by Steve Pittman ( Livi player Scott Pittmans dad) and Derek McWilliams - http://livingstonfc.co.uk/new-u20-management-team-installed/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two Motherwell one's.

 

Andy Rose has a 4-5 month injury at the start of the game.  He's been fully available since the start of pre-season only missing 1 game via injury.

Stephen McManus is down as Under 20s GK Coach.  U20's Assistant Manager in real life. 

Apart from that, solid with Well as usual. Maybe Moulty's penalties are a bit low at 6, as he has a decentish record but other two are more serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2017 at 07:23, Stuart Milne said:

That's not really a data issue per se as we can't set values, but there has to be a tradeoff between players either being sold for too little (i.e. an EPL club being able to buy Tierney or Dembele for £7m) or too much, as with the case of Hayes

 

It seems this is a problem throughout the game, with the way transfer prices are exploding in all the big leagues the game has obviously got to implement something to match this but in Scotland where nobody outside Celtic has players moving for anything over 1 or 2 million pound max I'm seeing players like Ali Crawford and Joe Shauughnessy moving for close to 5 million pound in season 3.

 

Each club most valued player in 2021 is 

Aberdeen Shinnie 7m

Celtic Bitton 14.5 m

Dundee Lewis Spence 7.25m

Hearts Souttar 9.5m

Hibs Harry Toffolo 8m

Motherwell Cadden 7.5m

Partick Brannigan 3m

QoS Jacobs 1.2m

Rangers Cardoso 11.5m

Ross County Curren 2.5m

St J Wotherspoon 2.9m

St Mirren Gavin Reilly 900k

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but that's still not a data issue. That would be something to post in one of the other sub-forums.

I don't think though it's anything that will be able to be sorted perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuart Milne said:

Yeah, but that's still not a data issue. That would be something to post in one of the other sub-forums.

I don't think though it's anything that will be able to be sorted perfectly.

Yeah I know it's not a data issue just commenting to to show that player values are a bit all over the place this version, only data issues I have are with Souttar you set his work rate and aggression low a few years ago and I would disagree with that now along with his high technicals but it's all about opinions maybe the hearts guy will have a look at him for next data update.  He's been taking our corners for a few game snow so corners 5 will hopefully be increased aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrHappypill said:

 

It seems this is a problem throughout the game, with the way transfer prices are exploding in all the big leagues the game has obviously got to implement something to match this but in Scotland where nobody outside Celtic has players moving for anything over 1 or 2 million pound max I'm seeing players like Ali Crawford and Joe Shauughnessy moving for close to 5 million pound in season 3.

 

Each club most valued player in 2021 is 

Aberdeen Shinnie 7m

Celtic Bitton 14.5 m

Dundee Lewis Spence 7.25m

Hearts Souttar 9.5m

Hibs Harry Toffolo 8m

Motherwell Cadden 7.5m

Partick Brannigan 3m

QoS Jacobs 1.2m

Rangers Cardoso 11.5m

Ross County Curren 2.5m

St J Wotherspoon 2.9m

St Mirren Gavin Reilly 900k

 

 Harry Toffolo? no such player at Hibs, he's at Norwich and on loan at Doncaster.

Edited by jc1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jc1 said:

 Harry Toffolo? no such player at Hibs, he's at Norwich and on loan at Doncaster.

 

Hibs fans not the sharpest read the full post mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrHappypill said:

Yeah I know it's not a data issue just commenting to to show that player values are a bit all over the place this version, only data issues I have are with Souttar you set his work rate and aggression low a few years ago and I would disagree with that now along with his high technicals but it's all about opinions maybe the hearts guy will have a look at him for next data update.  He's been taking our corners for a few game snow so corners 5 will hopefully be increased aswell.

I'll adjust his corner stats.

Presumably though he takes the corners in spite of his stature because he's as useless in the air as he was when he was at United, so I think low aggression is fair enough isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Halliday is down as a natural left winger but only an accomplished centre mid/defensive mid and I think these stats should be swapped around. He has rarely ever played out on the left wing but has featured quite a lot in a central role.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say he's useless in the air doesn't seem to get involved in the opposing areas but hasn't been getting beaten regularly in our box.  If we're using aggression as an indicator for effectiveness then Berra at 12 is way to low as he's been a standout in the air for our league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrHappypill said:

 

Hibs fans not the sharpest read the full post mate.

Oh aye, yeah lol 2021, must read carefully in future :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, aka_wizard said:

South of Scotland Football League 2017/2018

you have to create the reserve teams of Annan Athletic and Stranraer.

This hasn't been done with Stirling Uni in the East of Scotland for previous years, expect it'll be too low priority.

If it helps, I'll do this in my Scotland DB expansion that'll be available in a couple weeks time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/10/2017 at 14:58, jamief5123 said:

Just some notes on the Aberdeen players:

Adam Rooney is fully effective as a Target Man, I'd say he's anything but, Rooneys a typical poacher, he's good in the 18 yard box but not much else. He very rarely wins headers v defenders or holds the ball up.

Scott McKenna is down as a LB, he's actually a CB and arguably been our best one this season so stats may need a boost

Anthony O Connor should maybe be better in the CDM role as he often plays their often

 

Agree with these points. Also Ryan Christie is dark haired, not blond. Small detail, but one that is bugging me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×