Sports Interactive Community
Simon Tipple

[Scotland] (Official) Data Issues

I'm getting 30k as Celtic if Dom Thomas plays another game for Kilmarnock, Presume that moneys supposed to go to Motherwell?

Hi not had a chance to play beta yet, has anyone noticed if Edinburgh City had their board members updated as last year they didn’t have anyone in it? 

Their chairman is Jim Brown and sporting Director is Jim Jeffries ( ex hearts and killie boss) 

also their first nickname is The         Citizens or The Lilywhites rather than city 

cheers 

Some Aberdeen contracts for you;

Scott McKenna signed a contract extension to 2021

Scott Wright signed a contract extension to 2021

Dean Campbell is contracted to 2020

Also, Scott McKenna is down as being a "Defensive Full Back", however, he is a Centre Back.

DMgKZY-XcAAKPUE.jpg

DMQ8yKRW4AAYFfN.jpg

DMg3eCzXcAAH1lu.jpg

David Hutton is under Clyde's favoured personnel as a Manager. He was a keeper (and still is), having never managed...I'd also suggest Queens Park as a rival to them, under "other" at least.

Why are Preston Athletic seen as such a "high" rep team (compared to other non-SPFL sides) when they got relegated from the Lowland last season and lost the bulk of their squad?

Oh, just spotted East Kilbride's K Park hasn't been updated. Now a capacity of circa 1000, with 662 seats, after the new stand was finished in preseason. Link 1

Some transfer/loan updates to make:

• David Grant (East Stirlingshire) moved to Canada and is not playing at this stage - Link
  • Jack Smith (unattached ST) is with BSC Glasgow - Link
  • John Tennent (unattached CB) is with BSC Glasgow - Link
  • Jamie Gullan and Adam Watson (both Hibs) are on loan at Gala Fairydean Rovers - Link
  • Greg Amos (unattached GK) and David Banjo (unattached CM) are with Selkirk - Link
  • Lewis Grant (Brora) is on loan at Spartans - Link

8 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Some transfer/loan updates to make:

• David Grant (East Stirlingshire) moved to Canada and is not playing at this stage - Link

Minor, since he's now a freebie, looking for a club in Canada, but he's also been a striker all his days at the Shire, not a DC/DM. (your link notes he's top scorer) & Linky 
And he's a Hearts fan. https://twitter.com/Granty_10/status/922925938786017281

Edited by Giro

On 10/29/2017 at 07:43, MrHappypill said:

Partick Brannigan 3m

Image result for zapp brannigan

3 million isn't that ridiculous for Bannigan to be honest, you'll need at least that in BUPA fees.

On 29/10/2017 at 11:46, JustDavid89 said:

Andy Halliday is down as a natural left winger but only an accomplished centre mid/defensive mid and I think these stats should be swapped around. He has rarely ever played out on the left wing but has featured quite a lot in a central role.

Halliday has been playing out of position in central midfield (and been awful) for Rangers since he arrived. Never a central midfielder. He's with the Azerbaijan researcher now until his inevitable return in January.

On 27/10/2017 at 15:52, kyle237 said:

Not wanting to be one of those people who say why isn't this player at my club better, I think there is an issue with Rangers centre backs. 

Ross McCrorie has been third pick CB in real life for a while now (albeit Danny Wilson has been injured/vanished before the Kilmarnock game) yet he is clearly worse than David Bates in the game, a man who has hardly featured recently and who is really now 6th choice (Alves, Cardoso, McCrorie, Wilson x2).

Bates also has higher potential  than McCrorie according to my coaches which I given their reputations both good and bad seems inaccurate to me. 

Pretty sure I had McCrorie rated higher than Bates and certainly wouldn't have had Bates with a higher potential.

James Parris is listed as a Physio with Dunfermline Athletic but he's actually the club doctor. http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=New_Club_Doctor&ID=10079

According to Andy Ryan's stats, he played 32 games and scored 0 goals for Airdrie last season. He actually played 32 league games and scored 23 league goals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ryan http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=59478&season_id=149.

As of 27th October, Conner Duthie has joined Forfar on loan until 31st January 2018. https://twitter.com/officialdafc/status/923882219634126853

8 hours ago, Ter said:

Pretty sure I had McCrorie rated higher than Bates and certainly wouldn't have had Bates with a higher potential.

Yeah I've not really looked into the background on the potential but according to my coaches star ratings and the overview comparison McCrorie is worse or equal to Bates in everything other than speed. 

Couple of Celtic data issues I've spotted so far

1.  Craig Gordon's contract runs out in 2018, he signed a contract extension until 2020 back in March - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11787/10794495/craig-gordon-signs-new-three-year-contract-with-celtic 

2. Likewise, Lustig signed an extension until 2019 way back in Jan - http://www.celticfc.net/news/11945 In game it only runs until 2018.

3. In game Wallace Duffy is a natural at CM and accomplished at DM and CB.  He's a natural CB (and a terrible one at that) who should be accomplished at RB, were he has been playing since Ralston's move up to the first team.

4. Lewis Bell is listed as natural at DM and CM in game.  He should be natural at CB and at best competent/accomplished at DM, he only fills in at DM on the odd occasion. 

On 29/10/2017 at 11:45, Stuart Milne said:

I'll adjust his corner stats.

Presumably though he takes the corners in spite of his stature because he's as useless in the air as he was when he was at United, so I think low aggression is fair enough isn't it?

On the evidence I saw this weekend I would say his stats are accurate!

Another Aberdeen one: Danny Rogers seems to be showing up as a new signing from Falkirk, when he's actually returned from a loan. Wouldn't be a huge issue, but he's moaning at me about not getting enough playing time since he signed in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Colbert said:

Another Aberdeen one: Danny Rogers seems to be showing up as a new signing from Falkirk, when he's actually returned from a loan. Wouldn't be a huge issue, but he's moaning at me about not getting enough playing time since he signed in the summer.

Good spot! Rogers' last Falkirk history entry didn't have the loan option ticked. Sorted.

For Aberdeen:

Paul Sheerin starts as a coach of the Aberdeen First Team, although he is the U20s Manager.

http://www.afc.co.uk/teams/paul_sheerin.php

Peter Weir is also a coach although I do not think he has been involved with the club since the Glasgow Youth Centre got discontinued.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/7984.php#.WfoLymh-qUk

Craig Robertson, I am confident, was sacked as scout when Russ Richardson came in also, but he still remains a scout in game.

Mark Reynolds should have his strength lowered to maybe 8 or 9 as he is a very weak and lightweight Central Defender (relies on pace).

Scott McKenna should be a natural Central Defender, as he has played there his whole career.

Things that may have missed the data deadline since they have happened in the recent weeks :

Miko Virtanen has joined the U20s squad.

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/10296.php#.WfoN0mh-qUk

Kenny McLean will be leaving at the end of his contract.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11789/11096574/aberdeen-confirm-kenny-mclean-will-leave-when-his-contract-expires

Other than that, fantastic, well done.

Not quite sure where to put this one but Souleymane Coulibably ex Killie player has Al Ahly missing from his history after Killie. Only reason I've noticed this is I've signed him on my game.

Julen Etxabeguren is listed as Basque in the game, and declared for nation.

He's born in Madrid, and although he was at Sociedad / Mondragon I'd be surprised if he was declared IRL - looks odd with his nationality showing as Basque.

heart of Midlothian (Scotland) are currently plying at BT Murryfield as redevelopment of their stadium continues. at the stat of the game it says the are playing matches at Tynecastle (their current home)

Sorry if not the right place but for me the Scottish Championship reputation is too high (assuming I've understoon game mechanics properly).

Playing as QOS and although in the summer there wasn't many players willing to come on loan by November its lots of EPL and Serie A players for zero loan contribution. Totally removes any semblance of challenge to the game.

Also nearly every stadium has a massive TV screen. I know stadiums are deliberatly not meant to resemble real life equivlents, but assets such as massive TV screens should be limited to bigger clubs. St. Johnstone up until recently didn't even turn on their scoreboard to save costs, never mind tv screen.

I'll post this here too as it's regarding stadium structures but does involve scottish teams...

3 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Sorry if not the right place but for me the Scottish Championship reputation is too high (assuming I've understoon game mechanics properly).

Playing as QOS and although in the summer there wasn't many players willing to come on loan by November its lots of EPL and Serie A players for zero loan contribution. Totally removes any semblance of challenge to the game.

Also nearly every stadium has a massive TV screen. I know stadiums are deliberatly not meant to resemble real life equivlents, but assets such as massive TV screens should be limited to bigger clubs. St. Johnstone up until recently didn't even turn on their scoreboard to save costs, never mind tv screen.

There's a number of coding issues and checks and balances relating to your first point, but none of them are down to the reputation of the Championship. It in itself is the 201st ranked league in the world, below the Jamaican National League (which I'd dispute). If Serie A clubs are willing to loan out players to these clubs then something's a bit off.

The stadium one is a graphical issue

Fair enough, wasn't sure about the cause it when I posted.

Also have Lucio and Julio Baptista in my QOTS lineup on 300 and 250 per week each.

9 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Fair enough, wasn't sure about the cause it when I posted.

Also have Lucio and Julio Baptista in my QOTS lineup on 300 and 250 per week each.

If you haven't done it yet then, can you please raise  this issue in the transfers section of the bugs forum? @Per Annum

3 minutes ago, Stuart Milne said:

If you haven't done it yet then, can you please raise  this issue in the transfers section of the bugs forum? @Per Annum

Logged now, will upload save tonight

Edited by Per Annum

Is it a data issue that at QOTS after reducing bonuses I have a transfer budget of 120k? Given the lack of transfer fees in Scotland for me it's an issue, but not sure if its a data issue.

Just got some issues with Dunfermline. Mostly the data is spot on.  The previous Dunfermline posts in forum are correct though.

Just a few players need updated I feel.  Ryan Williamson - most of his stats are fine, apart from some of his defensive ones.  He isn't great there but is a lot better than he was previously.  His Marking, positioning and tackling should be about 10 each.  His determination seems random but should be high, above 13 anyway.  This guy has came back from two really bad injuries and is now in Scotland U21 squad.  His flair should also be higher.  Don't know if random, but this guy is one of the most exciting players in the league, the way he runs with ball down the wing taking people on.

Lee Ashcroft - his determination again seems random, should be about 13/14.  Also his physical stats aren't correct.  He isn't Theo Walcott for his speed but should be higher than he is for pace/acceleration/stamina.  Probably by 1 or 2 points each.  His positioning should be about 12 as well.  This guy is rarely out of position.

Nat Wedderburn - Strength as a 15 is baffling.  He should be 19/20.  I have watched football for 31 years and never seen someone as strong as him on the pitch.

Dean Shiels - His stats seem ok, but he is playing deeper now, so maybe put cm rating to 17.

Jason Talbot - Concentration should be 11, and determination 13/14.

Cammy Gill and Stuart Morrison are very highly rated in life.  Morrison especially has been called up to Scotland U19s.  I think their potential ability should reflect this.

Joe Cardle - I seen him play RM/AMR about 5 times.  He always plays on the left.  His rating at RM/AMR should be decreased heavily, as he can't be natural in a position he never plays surely.

Finally, Kallum Higginbotham.  He played RM all the games he played for us last year.  His rating there should be natural.  Also his determination should be about 14/15.  This guy is a flair player, but when he isn't playing well he still gives 100%.  Also, his jumping/heading should be higher.  This guy wins so many balls in the air for his height its incredible.

Sorry for long winded post but wanted to inform you of these issues.  Overall well done on them though.

Edited by Come on ye pars

James McPake has been long term injured since last season and hasn't played at all yet this season but has no injury at start for Dundee

49 minutes ago, Yer Maw said:

James McPake has been long term injured since last season and hasn't played at all yet this season but has no injury at start for Dundee

I've just looked it up in the release database, and it appears as if this has been rectified for the release, as his injury end date is set for 2018 now.

18.0.3 database still has Pedro Caixinha as Rangers manager - pretty sure the initial Beta data had him released.

Hi I have started a manager career with Rangers and have noticed that the third kit is missing,I presume this will be added in the final game ? 

Few things on Rangers;

• http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/09/26/its-natural-to-me-rangers-star-andy-halliday-reveals-best-position/307218/ - I posted this last year about Halliday and his position was subsequently changed only for it to be changed back for this version.

• Herrera has 16 for dribbling and 13 for pace/acceleration, he's about the most static player in the whole league.

• Jason Holt's natural position/role is a Trequartista, I don't think he's played as a No. 10 for Rangers once, he is a hardworking Box to Box player more in the Stuart McCall mould.

• Morelos is not left footed and to give him an 8 for both Stamina and Natural fitness s very unfair, he's not missed a game and gets through a power of work in every single game.

• Pena's stats are extremely generous especially his technical ability however he only has 7 for strength, the guy is a tank!

• James Tavernier should have a much higher work rate than 10.

7 hours ago, Kraftwerk said:

Tom Rogic is listed as being suspended for a Scottish Cup match having been sent off. 

This is inaccurate.

We have nothing to do with the wording when a player is suspended at the start of the game, only add the suspended players and Rogic does miss the first Scottish Cup match. SFA list

Tim Chow 28059949 , he got his Taiwan passport (Chinese Taipei) this month and decleared for that . Thanks.

On 05/11/2017 at 02:14, gothenburg83 said:

18.0.3 database still has Pedro Caixinha as Rangers manager - pretty sure the initial Beta data had him released.

The beta that you are playing does not include updated data. You will have to wait until the release of the game, on Friday 10th, for the updated database.

8 hours ago, Gripper said:

The beta that you are playing does not include updated data. You will have to wait until the release of the game, on Friday 10th, for the updated database.

Will this include the third kit as well is this going to be added when the full game is released ?

Now I don't know the man personally so i cold be wrong but as far as i'm aware Celtic's Stuart Armstrong was born in Inverness, Scotland not Invercargill, New Zealand.

2017-11-09.png

7 hours ago, djmac1807 said:

Now I don't know the man personally so i cold be wrong but as far as i'm aware Celtic's Stuart Armstrong was born in Inverness, Scotland not Invercargill, New Zealand.

2017-11-09.png

Good spot.

I've just checked and he's been set as being born there (incorrectly) for at least 5 years.

And yet you're the first person to spot it.

14 hours ago, LewisC1996 said:

Will this include the third kit as well is this going to be added when the full game is released ?

We had the Rangers third kit in the game but were asked to remove it :(

Some Hibernian issues ;

Simon Murray's pace is set at 12, when in comparison John McGinn is at 14 also. and you have Stevenson at 15. Having watched him for two seasons running I'd say this should be at least 15/16
Anthony Stokes finishing at 13?
Martin Boyle's finishing at 10, should be around 12/13
Dylan McGeouch passing at 13 should be higher, even by one incremental increase