dafuge's FM18 challenge

1 minute ago, Icy said:

If you want the save with the available and the top Euro leagues + Mexico y Brasil (around 68k players) I can upload it somewhere.

Thanks but it's too much for my pc, and so for far I'm still in it with Nantwich.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Icy said:

If you want the save with them available and the top Euro leagues + Mexico y Brasil (around 68k players) I can upload it somewhere.

Since still being in first season, I'd love to give your team a go! :D

TheEarl's Dafuge Quest (Second try)

Billericay Town - Season 2019/20

Second season with Billericay Town, and did quite a lot of changes for the better.

Media prediction: 1st

Board demands: Win the division and get promoted, 1st round of FA-Cup, 3rd round of FA Trophy

Player demands (dynamics): Wanted to win the league also. This was my only option in the pre season team meeting, still 7 players where unhappy I didn't have higher aims... What higher aims???

Another great season start with 10 points in the first 4 games. Last season I barely managed 4 wins in a row one time, and hardly ever stringed 3 good matches in a row together. This year was far more consistent. The best run came from late Nov until mid Feb with 10-1-0 in 11 games. 5 wins in a row was max though. The cups was a little bit better, but lost to Bradford City in the 1st round proper of FA-Cup. Lost on penalties AGAIN to Wealdstone, this time in 2nd round of FA Trophy. 

Formation(s): 4-3-3 all season, as I chopped out all wingers. Mostly playing attacking mentality, but changed for Counter Attacks in some games. Short passing, but switched between "Work ball into the box" and "Hit early crosses". Both seemed to work, as we easily had the best team in the league.

Finances: Some teams in this challenge has a wage budget of 1-2k per week. We upped to 36k this season. But during the season, this got lowered to 26k. I spent around 31k, so suddenly I was overspending. It didn't matter as it was just a few months to go. The chairman then put in 2,3M to the bank balance, allowing us to go 250k in pluss this time. Next season we look at a 43k wage budget. There is also rumors about a business tycoon who want to invest heavily in the club.

Final league table

Fixtures part 1 - Fixture part 2 - Fixture part 3 - 

Manager development: I didn't get to chance to take any coaching badges this season, as we where always in red figures. Now at the end of the season, finally I am starting my Nacional B License. My skills developed a little bit though. This is how my profile looks at the end of the season.

Youth Intake: Really crappy to be honest.

Stats:

Highest Attendance: 4600 vs Bradford City 1st round of FA-Cup 

Highest Gate Receipts: 87,8K vs Bradford City 1st round of FA-Cup

Average Attendance: 1376

Top goalscorer: Eoghan Stokes 27 goals - All time: Eoghan Stokes 45 goals

Most assists: Eoghan Stokes 21 assists - All time: Eoghan Stokes 22 assists

Best Av.rat: Tolaji Bola 7,65 Av.rat (33 matches) 

Most appearances: Eoghan Stokes 49 matches - All time: Eoghan Stokes 82 matches

Most MoM awards: Anthony De Freitas 9 MoM 

Career Overview

2018/19 - 4th in Vanarama South - 3rd QR FA-Cup - 3rd QR FA Trophy - Tom Heardman 18 goals - Ricky Modeste 18 assists - Tom Heardman 7,22 Av.rat - Shaun Rowley 45 matches

2019/20 - 1st in Vanarama South - 1st round FA Cup - 2nd round FA Trophy - Eoghan Stokes 27 goals - Eoghan Stokes 21 assists - Tolaji Bola 7,65 Av.rat - Eoghan Stokes 49 matches

My latest Brexit update say that British leagues using a squad registration system will have a foreign player maximum limit of 17. The other leagues will continue to use a work permit system. EU players already in the leagues don't count as foreign players and Ireland has an exception to being counted as foreign.

New work permit rules seem to be the same for EU and non-EU foreigners.

Restarted with Grantham, Frome was just too tough @XaW, on that save they have barely any players and it was tough to do anything.

With Grantham, 7 games in I'm joint top with 14pts. Conference here we come :D

Anyone struggling with tactics, I'm finding defensive tactics or 1 striker tactics almost useless. Having much more success attacking with a minimum of two strikers

XaW - Marine - 2019/20

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

We survived last season, and I got in a couple of very good players this summer, so I had hopes we could do much more than just survive this season. Actually, we did much better than last season, but if I could summary up this season in a word, it would be "inconsistent"! We had long spells of winning, but then went straight into a losing streak. This also caused me to experiment tactically to try to remedy the situation, but I don't think it helped much. A very poor run at the end of the season dropped us just below the playoff spots, and we are here for another year. Hopefully, we can give it another go the next season and start our long climb to the top.

In the FA Cup we beat Nuneaton Town, Royston and Brackley Town before losing to Swindon in the 1st round.

My best players this season have been Fisayo Dele-Bashiru whom I picked up in the winter, Alex Pattison and Harry Blackburn.

ovvaSit.png

36 minutes ago, Wlv said:

Restarted with Grantham, Frome was just too tough @XaW, on that save they have barely any players and it was tough to do anything.

With Grantham, 7 games in I'm joint top with 14pts. Conference here we come :D

Anyone struggling with tactics, I'm finding defensive tactics or 1 striker tactics almost useless. Having much more success attacking with a minimum of two strikers

Interesting because I have done better since turning to a defensive tactic with Billiricay but perhaps I just had the wrong attacking formation.

Image result for hereford fc

Hereford FC - Vanarama South - 2018/19

A very good first season with Hereford that could have been so much better. We started well in the league and sat comfortably in the playoff positions for the majority of the season. We never dropped below 9th place but we went on two separate runs of form which saw us drop a lot of points. The worst of which was a spell in between February and April which saw one victory in 9 games. The team couldn't handle the pressure as we fell out of the play off positions and we couldn't make up lost ground. We eventually missed out by a single point.  We did manage to make the 2nd round of the FA Cup but were knocked out 5-0 away to Barnsley which gained us some money but also dented morale as we went on to lose the 4 league games afterwards.  Overall a good first season and something to build on. Quite a few players are not interested in resigning for next season so I can now reshape my team as I have worked out my preferred players. 

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - We made it all the way to the 2nd round in the FA Cup which did cause some fixture congestion and due to this I decided to field a weakened team and give up on the FA Trophy at the first fixture. 

Squad - Brought in 11 new players to play my system. Most of these players were youth released from larger teams so most don't want to extend their contracts for next season so I will be rebuilding again this summer.

Finances - Money in the bank which is nice for a change.

Key Player Profiles:

Antonio Diaz - Tried playing him in DMC as a roaming playmaker and it worked nicely as he had plenty of space. Doesn't want to stay with us next season.

Ben Cull - Played left wingback this season and a solid 10 assists. I have persuaded him to stay for next season.

Ashley Pope - My top scorer with 27 in 47. tied down for another  year so hopefully more of the same next year. 

Next Season

Top half again. Possibly a playoff push.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South              9th               FA Cup 2nd round  

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Interesting because I have done better since turning to a defensive tactic with Billiricay but perhaps I just had the wrong attacking formation.

Guess it depends in the players too 

1 hour ago, jsar said:

My newsfeed is sooo slow! Not sure if its a bug or simply that i have tried to trail every released player in the UK! But when i go to my inbox the entire game stops. Same when I accept a trail etc.

I've found that it just stops. I have to holiday a day or at least just an hour or so in order to progress.

1464852439.jpg&w=120&h=120&t=square

Shaw Lane - 2020/21

Our second half performance really should have earned us the title. Since mid-November till the end of the season we lost only twice, once in the league and once in the playoff finals on penalties. Hurts even more when we lost the title on goal difference. But I got annoyed with strikers and after picking up 3 good attacking mids, I thought I'd give a narrow 4-3-3-0 a go. It worked very well by keeping possession and creating just enough to score some goals. Once we started taking our chances there was no stopping us. Except Wrexham's players were too much and their wingbacks in a 5-3-2 killed us ultimately.

Vanarama North - Lost in playoff finals on penalties, we should be able to win the league next year or at least make playoffs again.

FA Trophy - Lost to the VNL champions.

FA Cup - Well it only took an own goal to tie Wrexham and a first half red card to beat them.

Transfers - Basically our entire attack was brought in new.

Squad - Already let go of high earners who weren't performing, so I'll get rid of some of the players who aren't first team quality anymore and replace them.

Finances - Still terrible.

Key Player Profiles:

Dylan Levitt - Brought in as a SS and did exactly what was needed, topping our goals, assists, and average rating.

Jacob Ramsey - Second SS who managed to get the same goals and assists as Levitt.

Moritz Jenz - Heart of the defense that conceded the least amount of goals in the league at 0.88 per game.

Jack Hallahan - One of the only players who's played here for a while and still plays.

Felix Nmecha - Third SS, the worst of the three, but also dropped back to center mid when needed.

Adam Ball - Brought in on loan for the last quarter of the season and it's hard not to say if he was here the whole season we would've been top of the league. 7 goals and 5 assists from his 12 games.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position    FA Cup       FA Trophy      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer             Most Assists                  Highest Avg Rating 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama North    17th        1st Round    1st Round      Poor                   Basic                Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Chilaka (12)           Walker/Chilaka (6)            Jones (7.01)
2019/20   Vanarama North    7th         4th Q Round  2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Minimal             Limited             Lost in playoff QF        Hale (21)              Loader (14)                   Raymond (7.23)
2020/21   Vanarama North    2nd         1st Round    2nd Round      Poor                   Basic                Minimal             Limited             Lost in playoff finals    Levitt/Ramsey (16)     Levitt/Ramsey (10)            Levitt (7.26)

130px-Merthyrtydfil.jpg

Merthyr Town 2020/21 Report

League- Our aims were to break into the top ten and try to grab a playoff spot and we actually did really well. We stayed in the playoff places the entire season despite a bit of inconsistent form and finished up in 4th with 79 points, 21 better than our previous best. In the first round of the playoff we beat Braintree pretty convincingly 5-3 but we were then absolutely destroyed by Hampton and Richmond 7-4 in the semi final. Overall a great effort this year and a massive improvement over last year. Hopefully next year can be the year we secure promotion.

Cups- pretty terrible yet again. Maybe next year we will finally manage a good cup run.

Finances- still pretty bad, but we've been losing a lot less money this year.

Transfers- 18 in and 11 out so another big turnover. Had a lot of talented players poached by other teams so we had a lot of replacing to do.

Youth Intake- even worse than last year, only one decent looking player. Sean Edwards, from our first youth intake is doing incredibly well though, already one of the best players in the team.

Best Players- Most goals: Graham Nicholson- 32 18 year old striker I got in on loan from parent club Peterborough and he is an absolute beast. Broke the record for most goals in a season for us.

Most assists: Chekaine Steele- 15 The right midfielder has been with us since the start and he's been consistently solid with this being his best season so far. Another record broken.

Highest avg rating: Steele- 7.64 He breaks this record too.

Most POM: Steele- 8 And another one for good measure.

Honorable mention: Sean Edwards (26 goals, 11 assists)

Next year- We improved massively this year and I think this was mostly due to us having two very good strikers up front, however our defence was still pretty dodgy. I'm going to devote the offseason to finding some really good quality defenders and maybe a new goalie as that's where we really need to improve. I've told the players we're going for the playoffs next year and my aims are essentially to get promoted one way or another.

Season          League          Position       FA Cup          FA Trophy          Top Scorer          Most Assists          Highest Avg Rating
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South  11th           3rd qual round  3rd qual round     Fleetwood(28)       Morton(10)            Patten(7.25)
2019/20         Vanarama South  14th           2nd qual round  Second round       Walker(11)          Morton(7)             Wiltshire(7.27)
2020/21         Vanarama South  4th            2nd qual round  First round        Nicholson(32)       Steele(15)            Steele(7.64) 

I haven't achieved a great deal to date but I am the comfortable favourite to land to Sheffield United job who are currently 15th in the Championship.... I'm currently in February in my second season and haven't been promoted or even made the playoffs. Seems a bit of a strange one. 

18 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

I haven't achieved a great deal to date but I am the comfortable favourite to land to Sheffield United job who are currently 15th in the Championship.... I'm currently in February in my second season and haven't been promoted or even made the playoffs. Seems a bit of a strange one. 

Well, you seem to be better rated than me at least. I was favourite to take over the reign of Bishop's Stortford. They have managed a total of 7 points in 17 games, so I don't know why anyone would think I would do it when I'm around the playoff spots myself.

I've just been denied a coaching badge because "We are under-performing this season, and we are on our worst run of form to date". Sure, we've only picked up 6 points from our last 5 league games, but the media predicted a 22nd place finish and we're 12th! That is NOT under-performing! Stupid chairman lmao

I'v never experience so much emotion in a match....

okPwbn2.png

Summary? We were up 3-2 until the 84th minute when Harrogate scored to make it 3-3. Then Harrogate scored again in the 90th minute to take the lead. In the 92nd minute we equalized, and even took the lead in the 95th minute. The final goal was to Harrogate at the 97th minute to make it 5-5. I'm exhausted!

50 minutes ago, XaW said:

I'v never experience so much emotion in a match....

okPwbn2.png

Summary? We were up 3-2 until the 84th minute when Harrogate scored to make it 3-3. Then Harrogate scored again in the 90th minute to take the lead. In the 92nd minute we equalized, and even took the lead in the 95th minute. The final goal was to Harrogate at the 97th minute to make it 5-5. I'm exhausted!

Now that's entertainment :)

Tonbridge Angels - Season 2018 - 2019 (1) - National League South

Board Expectation: Fight bravely against relegation

Media Prediction: 20th

Final Position: 11th

image.thumb.png.326fd006b14ce955939a4f0c52de8f84.png

Sitting top of the league in late October suggested that we were in for a far more successful season than it would turn out to be. Big drops in form during the middle and late parts of the season put paid to any ambition of promotion but a 3-1 win against top of the table Concord kept hope alive (inadvertently causing a four way tie for top!). With two must win games left against St. Albans and Wealdstone we fell at the first hurdle with a 5-0 loss and capped off the season with a 1-0 defeat.

FA Cup: Exceeded expectations by reaching the Fourth Qualifying Round with victories over Sevenoaks and Shortwood but National League promotion contenders Leyton Orient made short work of us. Man United win a record equaling 13th title and domestic treble with a 3-0 drubbing of Liverpool at Wembley.

FA Trophy: Knocked out 2-3 in the Third Qualifying Round by bottom of the table Braintree during one of our downturns in form.

Player of the Season: Chris Kinnear, resolute at the heart of our midfield with an avg. of 7.33, 5 goals and 11 asssists.

Season - Year - Division - Position - Notes
1 - 2018/19 - National League South - 11th - Two Manager of the Month awards, 3rd in Manager of the Year voting.

-

Around the World

England - Defending Premier League champions West Ham recover from an early season slump but fail to qualify for Europe. Man United saunter to a league title and defeat Liverpool and Arsenal in the FA Cup and League Cup respectively to secure a domestic treble.

Europe - Three London teams are represented in the Champions League Semi Final, Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham. The shock Premier League champions defeat Leverkusen and the Gunners overcome Chelsea to set up a London derby final, where Arsenal secure their first European Cup just a year after winning the Europa League.

International - Spain defeat Columbia to win the World Cup, England fail to qualify from a group with the two eventual finalists after finishing third and barely survive relegation from Nations League Division A after another humiliating defeat to Iceland. Rafa Benitez now leads the Three Lions.

-

Next Season

A handy boost to the wage coffers will help with attracting a higher caliber of player but we need to start making the move upwards. Hopefully a playoff place at minimum will be possible.

Britain's departure from the EU will mean a foreign player limit, which certainly won't impact us dramatically until further down the line as most of our players are domestic. Irish players are exempt from the new rules.

c531e1ea7b1e60e8425c668a189f3ab5.png

Everything starting to click...

Picked up manager of the month for December and MK Dons are next up as we look at making the 4th Round of the FA Cup. Only 12th in the League though, although it's much better than the 20th we were Mid-November. 

txcd5lR.png

Matlock Town 2019/20

League Table - Went into the season fairly confident of improving on the previous season, after 9 games with 3 points on the board thanks to 3 draws, the confidence was gone. We improved throughout the season but probably didn't get the results we deserved. Ended up 15th, 2 places higher than last season but only managed 46 points compared to 51 previously. Still think we had a far better side this year.

The pick of the players were probably the ones i brought in on loan, 18 year old Josh Phillips looks like a good prospect and managed 12 league goals this season. Will try and keep the majority of the team for next season and just add a handful of players, try and hit the ground running in August.

Finances just keep sliding further into the red. Got players moaning about the state of it and cant seem to appease them with my response. 

Not making any predictions for the next season but confident I should be able to improve on the past couple of years.

Archived