dafuge

dafuge's FM18 challenge

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.ef606cbdf848b42bef7a2941fcc5934e.png

Season 2034/35

Championship

League

Expectation:           8

Finish:                 2

Despite having a much stronger squad than the last time we were in the championship it wasn’t as easy to get out as I’d hoped. Our first 9 games returned only 4 victories and left us outside the play-off positions. The next 17 saw us win 14 and lose only 2, at the end of which we went top. We were looking strong, in excellent form, and I thought it would be a coast in for the rest of the season. 2 defeats and a draw later and Brentford were 8 points clear and we were looking over our shoulder at Palace. Luckily, whenever we slipped up they seemed to as well and by match 44 we were 6 points clear with a +20 goal difference. Just as well as our last match of the season was against Palace, and they smashed us 4-1. We made it, but only just.

Cups

After last years excitement it was almost a relief to return to normal ways. The 3rd round of the FA Cup saw us home to fellow championship side Barnsley. We were in phenomonal form, unstoppabe in the league. We lost 5-1

We managed to make it to the QF of the league Cup but lost 2-0 to Brighton

Transfers

Only lost 1 player due to relegation release clause, Tetteh, which was a relief. In Vera and Olivera we finally had keepers worthy of the rest of the team, while with Olivera and Cerina we also had our first bone fide wonderkids. Although we had a few failed to make any impression it was a pretty successful tansfer window.

Finances

We made a loss of 30m but with 100m in the bank it was easily dealt with. We move into our new stadium as well after 2 years in the Amex, the imaginatively named Burgess Hill Stadium. 13k capacity at the minute but can be extended to 30k. Things are looking up!

Notable players

Pete Wilson – the governor struggled a little in the premiership with only 9 goals to his name last season. The championship is clearly his natural level and he really thrives there, his return gave an even better season than the last one with 28 goals, 25 assists and 12 PotM awards. Problem is I’m not sure he’s really up to it in the Premiership so he may find himself a bit part player next season, which is sad for a club legend

Goran Cerina – Croatian wonderkid snapped up on a free. I was amazed he was willing to come down the championship such is his quality. He struggled with injuries worryingly but when he played he was awesome. 21 goals and 15 assists in 33 appearances in an injury ravished season bodes well

Andy Willoughby – Now in his fourth season he really stepped up and performed to a consistently high standard. We really need him to carry that on next season, he could be a really important part of the team

Next season

Again, survial is key. We got a stronger squad and a much bigger bank balance so we should be able to do it...

I'm planning to quit when FM19 comes out as well and start a new challenge so we're running out of time!

carerrer.thumb.JPG.8f89ea258af6a5d77496b34d0d20e713.JPG

2032/2033 Premier League:

h8NwT5L.png

We got our first ever win against Arsenal on the last day to get us into a potential Europa League spot, but then we had to wait for the FA Cup Final between Chelsea and West Brom. Luckily, Chelsea dominated the game and won 2-0 so we'll be in a new competition (for us) next season.

mVZabLL.png

Big transfer spend, but I thought we could make a push for top half this season and it paid off.

• Andre Ricardo- A key member of the 2030 and 2031 Copa Libertadores winning side, I was looking for some changes to the defense and found him. Beat out a couple of decent sized European clubs for his signature.
  • Yamil Ponce- One of two players I tried to get on frees from Boca Juniors, Ponce also made his first appearance for Argentina after joining us.
  • Jake Turner- Needed a new backup GK, so I took United's after his contract expired. He never played.
  • Nassim Willems- We ended up with 3 really good center mids, so we'll be rotating them a lot next season.
  • Chris Gray- Another move for the defensive overhaul. He's been dominating the Scottish league so I figured it was worth a shot.
  • Bart van den Berg- Had a breakout year in the Eridivisie and quite a few Premier League teams were showing interest. I think I was probably the only one who offered him a key role.
  • Kevin Dingwall- The last piece of the new defense was the most expensive, as he was already playing in England for Brighton. Luckily, they've been stuck in the Championship for three seasons so my league standing was enough to convince him.
  • Jochen Bittel- I didn't need another CM, but when my scout found him I decided to go for it anyway.
  • Last guy doesn't get a screenshot because he was an emergency loan when both my LMs were injured for a game. :P

SnHxK8O.png

Didn't rotate much, but we didn't need to. Ran into a bug or maybe it's just me not understanding registration rules, but when I went to re-sign Huang Bin the game acted like he didn't have a work permit even though he's been on my team for a few seasons now and he can't get a new one since he's retired from international football and China isn't rated high enough so he'll be gone this summer. Got another huge transfer budget, but I think unless I see a superstar it'll be spent on youth players since our facilities are still only average despite my best efforts.

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.e3ab3a7ed9a9811ad800db7c79e52d1a.png

Season 2036/37

Premier League

League

Expectation:        18th  

Finish:                 8th

Our opening game saw us go back to our temporary home of the last two seasons as we took on Brighton. Unexpected isn’t really the right word….

70.JPG.729b4b6de2397f50addb02b1568dca69.JPG

Our next game was the first competitive match at our new stadium! It was genuinely quite exciting, even though we lost 5-2. It was Mancherster United though and we put up a good fight. We then won away at Watford and were looking quite good but then……. A run of 6 tricky matches saw us lose 4 and draw 2 and suddenly we were just outside the relegation spots. The next 5 mathes were against teams all in the bottom 6 with us so if we did well I knew we’d be ok

First up was Hull at home, a last minute equaliser saw us squander a 2-1 lead. Next was Burnley at home – we were 3-2 up after 90 minutes and somehow lost 4-3. We only one 1 match out of the 6 and were 19th, 3 points off safety. Newcastle, in 20th, were the only team we had beaten and we were still searching for our first home win.

The next 3 matches saw us take on Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool. I was not confident. Arsenal at home saw us put on a magnificent display and win our first ever league home game at our new stadium. 4-1 to boot! Then the next week we only wenty and beat Man City 2-1. And then won 4-1 at Anfield. 2 draws followed and we were at Old Trafford – we won 3-2. Suddenly we were mid-table!

302031856_unbeatenrun.JPG.41c3f8cd53700e7d0ea639a147db425c.JPG

Our good form continued for the rest of the season and at one stage we were 6th, the last European qualification spot. However, 3 defeats in the last 6 meant we slipped just outside, missing out by 2 points.

Considering we were 19th in mid-December it’s a pretty good finish though. For the second half of the season we were 4th – if we can carry that form into the new season I’ll be very happy

Cups

Made it to the fifth round of the FA Cup. We were away to Burnley, where we’d just won 4-2 in the league a couple of weeks previously. We were utterly awful and they beat us easily.

League Cup saw us get to the quarter final where we lost away at Liverpool

Transfers

I spent big for the first time. French international defender Thomas Soulas came in for 33m while England international Pat Colquhoun came cheap from newly relegated Huddersfield at only 22m. Both did well but by far my best signing was Diego Camargo for only 2.2m. He was only supposed to be a back up option but turned out to be a wonderkid and ended the season our most important and in-form forward

Finances

Made about 4m profit despite splashing out on transfers and pushing the wage bill right up.

Notable players

Pete Wilson – The governor played a much more important role than I had envisaged and never let us down. He lost his place towards the end of the season to Camargo but whenever he played he chipped in with a goal or an assist. 18 goals, 16 assists, in 23 appearances is not bad for a 30 year old journeyman striker sadly, it’s likely to be his last season with us as at the end of the season he came to see me

wilsonleave.thumb.JPG.49e05a099670c9e116f4743dfb99ffcd.JPG

How can I say no? he’s a club legend, spending 9 seasons with us scoring 268 goals in 372 appearances (7.62 ar as well)

wilsoncareer.thumb.JPG.e000cd87568824e1e66ccd3621e5bac9.JPG

Julio Delgado – has come a long way since the youngstrer we brought in on loan as a back up. Now one of the most accomplished midfielders in the side and made himself first choice over this season. Really pleasing to see him develop into such a good player.

Goran Cerina – the future of the club, if we can keep him. Started the season phenomonally well with 17 goals in his first 19 games. Tailed off towards the end of the season though, with only 4 goals in his last 17 games but that didn’t stop us turning down a 112m offer for him from Spurs

cerinaoffer.thumb.JPG.88d2bd67e415db1ac288c24da83b4118.JPG

Next season

Aiming for European competition. With our forward line we stand every chance

career.thumb.JPG.ec9eba4c4182eb3ee14c3b4659f2111f.JPG

Question is it abinding to the rules if I start on a belarus starting date and holiday to june 25? 

3 hours ago, QSF25 said:

Question is it abinding to the rules if I start on a belarus starting date and holiday to june 25? 

Yes. dafuge is only for England. 

I believe there is a different challenge in the forum for doing the same in different countries :)

EDIT: This one I believe.

Edited by KVJ92

hace 1 hora, KVJ92 dijo:

Yes. dafuge is only for England. 

I believe there is a different challenge in the forum for doing the same in different countries :)

EDIT: This one I believe.

what I meant was to jump 9 months of holiday to get recently promoted teams on the vanarama. England starts on june of the starting year while belarus starts on march of the following year

Just in case anyone is wondering, the FM19 challenge will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

8 hours ago, dafuge said:

Just in case anyone is wondering, the FM19 challenge will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Excellent news.  I will be doing this challenge this year.

Same I reckon, gonna do Man Utd with the beta and as soon as the lower league DBs are available (for real players etc) I'll be combining my usual buxton save with this challenge :D  (Reloading until I get them)

Edited by oohlala111

hace 9 horas, dafuge dijo:

Was about to poke you to wake you up

I'll try and get the website ready for 2019 and archive the 2018 stuff on its own page.  And do a final update for 2018.

Edited by Warhawk

2 hours ago, QSF25 said:

Was about to poke you to wake you up

I've not really played FM in months, so I wasn't really aware the beta was this soon.

I'll try and get it ready for tonight.

24 minutes ago, dafuge said:

I've not really played FM in months, so I wasn't really aware the beta was this soon.

I'll try and get it ready for tonight.

I have already collated a list of the available teams and reps, i can post that in the thread.

Well, Enfield Town FC got to the Premier League, and we won the Europa League, beating Leverkeusen.  I could have started a new season, but with the beta around the corner, decided not to.

Winning the Premier League and/or Champions League didn't happen, but it was a good run, I had a great time with it.

This who watched any of the vids on you tube thanks!

Jellico

55 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

I have already collated a list of the available teams and reps, i can post that in the thread.

That would be superb, could you post it here now?

4 minutes ago, dafuge said:

That would be superb, could you post it here now?

Isthmian League Premier Division

AFC Hornchurch	       1900 (2100)
Bishop's Stortford     2300 (2100)
Bognor Regis	       2100
Brightlingsea          1500 (1750)
Burgess Hill           1850 (1800)
Carshalton	       1950 (2050)
Corinthian-Casuals     1550 (1750)
Dorking Wanderers      1250 (2100)
Enfield Town           2000 
Folkstone              1900
Haringey Borough       1250 (1700)
Harlow                 1850 (1800)
Kingstonian            2200 (2450)
Leatherhead            1850
Lewes		       1850
Margate                2350 (2100)
Merstham               1750
Potters Bar Town       1450 (1550)
Tonbridge              2200 (1900)
Whitehawk	       2200
Wingate & Finchley     1850 (1750)
Worthing               1750 (1850)

Southern Football League Premier Division Central

AFC Rushden	       1600
Alvechurch	       1250 (1600)
Barwell                1850
Banbury                1750 (1800)
Bedworth	       1450 (8000)
Biggleswade Town       1900
Coalville              1800
Halesowen              1750 (2350)
Hitchin                2000
Kettering              2750
King's Lynn            2250
Leiston                1800
Lowestoft              2250 (2100)
Needham Market         1800
Redditch               1900
Royston                1850
Rushall                1900
St. Ives               1750
St. Neots              1900
Stourbridge            2100 (2000)
Stratford              1750
Tamworth	       2400 (2250)

Southern Football League Premier Division South

Basingstoke            2150 
Beaconsfield	       1450 (1600)
Chesham                2250
Dorchester             1950
Farnborough            2100
Frome                  1950
Gosport                2200
Hartney Wintney	       1250 (1550)
Harrow                 1900 (1850)
Hendon                 2100 (2200)
Kings Langley          1850
Merthyr T              2250
Met Police             1950
Poole		       2100
Salisbury	       2250
Staines                2050 (1900)
Swindon Supermarine    1650
Taunton		       1650
Tiverton               1850
Walton Casuals	       1450 (1550)
Weymouth               1950
Wimbourne	       1500

Northern Premier League Premier Division
Bamber Bridge	       1550 (1800)
Basford		       1600 (1900)
Buxton                 1950
Farsley                1800 (2100)
Gainsborough Trinity   2350 (2250)
Grantham               1950 (2000)
Hednesford             2050 (2100)
Hyde Utd	       1700 (1900)
Lancaster              1750 (1850)
Marine                 1850
Matlock                1900
Mickleover             1800
Nantwich               1950
North Ferriby	       2250 (2000)
Scarborough	       1750 (2050)
Stafford               1900
Stalybridge            2200 (2150)
South Shields	       1650 (2000)
Warrington             1900 (2100)
Whitby                 1900
Witton                 1800 (1850)
Workington             2050

Teams with last years reps (my estimation of this years rep in brackets where possibly changed) - some reps have changed a lot, i did about 100 reloads and noticed some obvious differences so looked at the english club reps in terms of stars and worked out roughly what the reps would be.

Just now, Thebaker said:

Teams with last years reps (my estimation of this years rep in brackets where possibly changed) - some reps have changed a lot, i did about 100 reloads and noticed some obvious differences so looked at the english club reps in terms of stars and worked out roughly what the reps would be.

That's great, thanks!

5 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Isn't this the first season with four feeder leagues into the VNN/S?

It's definitely the first time I've noticed it.

Does anyone know the league reset date?

1 minute ago, dafuge said:

It's definitely the first time I've noticed it.

Does anyone know the league reset date?

June 25, same as last year.  So save on June 24.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Just now, DazRTaylor said:

June 25, same as last year.  So save on June 24.

Nice one :thup:

As a non-league fan, I can confirm that another league was added below the VNN/S to try and even things out, but-ystem is rubbish really as teams that win their playoffs in divs 7 and 8 aren't even guaranteed promotion irl!! Teams are unbalanced so there's a superplayoff to decide which ones actually go up and which unlucky ones don't... Obviously won't have an effect on which ones go up for this challenge, but irritating irl and if that rule is included in any non-league databases...

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

There's still a couple of us still going!

Alright I'll keep an eye on it

59 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

Alright I'll keep an eye on it

ah, no worries, it was our fault for starting late. I wanted to get it finished by the time of retail release as well and that's not looking likely tbh. I might keep it going a bit longer, it's been fun so far - just wish I'd started it a few moths earlier!

Well, didn't complete the challenge (think I probably needed at least three more seasons tbh, City are miles ahead of me), but the final season was also an historic one for Whitby.

1IpT4i0.png

A loss away to Wednesday on the 37th matchweek and a United draw on the final day meant we missed the top 4, but we did set our new high league position.

vlSW475.pngDL6X8Pm.png

Cruised to the semifinals of the Europa League where we ran into a challenge but made it through to face Tottenham in the Finals (held at City of Manchester stadium), where 61,000 lucky fans got to see us earn qualification to the Champions League. It's the first trophy we had won since the 2022 FA Trophy. Three days later we had another big game:

Bz6ObuJ.png

Honestly we were ripped apart by City but our keeper stood huge and it looked like we had the winner in Mejia's first game back after twisting his ankle in the Europa semifinal. City weren't done though and forced extra time where they had chance after chance. In the end it was a scramble for the ball where Marzec beat City's keeper by half a second and poked it home which completed an unexpected double for us.

Many records were broken for us this year, clean sheets (previously held by Sam Johnstone in 2020 in the Vanarama North), goals (2022), and assists (also 2022 by the same player, Reece Webb-Foster). I'll make sure to start this earlier for FM19 so I have more time to finish :P

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.c4cc71f78de12b2fa7b3286953ece1dd.png

Season 2036/37

Premier League

League

Expectation:         1th 

Finish:                 2nd

Our most consistent season yet. Although we finished second we never really threatened the title but then we never fell out of the top four either. We snatched second with 5 victories from our final 5 games, including victories against Man City and title winners Spurs. It bodes well for next season!

Cups

Fairly early exits in both competitions

Transfers

I realy went for it this season splashing out 100m on new players., most of who were successful buys. We looked strong throughout the team for the first time in years

Finances

Despite a transfer deficit of -70m we still only made a 30m loss and still have 50m sat in the bank. Another stadium upgrade sees Burgess Hill Stadium now with a capacity of 20k. It’s looking really healthy for us!

Notable players

Jose Maria Villanueva – struggled to make the Real Madrid first team and so chose to leave on a free. We broke our wage structure to get him and it was the best decision we made. Looks like a cracking player

Goran Cerina – Turned provider more than goalscorer. Our coaches assure me he’s our first truly world class player. The difficult part will be keeping hold of him, but European football will definitely help

Diego Camargo - the main beneficiary from Cerina's assists. The old wonderkid is really building on that early promise and looking the real deal. 

Next season

Can we make that step up and win the title?

I know I gave myself a deadline of Nov 2 but I'm getting so close and having so much fun I might sneakily extend it a bit. It seems a bit naughty with the FM19 challenge already up but what can you do?

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.efc4309e58eb6af120a80991e1cc43e9.png

Season 2037/38

Premier league

League

Expectation:       8   

Finish:                 1

We did it! First half of the challenge complete! We made a great start to the season but I didn’t really fancy us as real title challengers until November when we went away to Chelsea and did this:-

ten!!!!.JPG.6ce430314f25de3a06280f57fb061136.JPG

It was tight at the top and with 5 gmes left we were one point ahead of Spurs. We had four away games, including at Spurs and Man U, with our only home game against fellow title challengers Arsenal. We managed to sneak a 2-1 win away at Spurs but then lost at Southampton. Luckily Sprus lost again and we were crowned champions just before we went and lost at Old Trafford.

We managed to win with the lowest point total since 2018 with only 77, which wouldn’t have even got us in the top four in at least 5 previous seasons, and we basically won by default. Spures lost 4 of their last 6, Arsenal won 0 of the last 7 and Man City only won 2 of their last 7. But they all count!

Cups

Our first foray into the champions league was fun! We were drawn into the same group as a strong Monaco side, Barcelona and Dinamo Kiev. Our first match saw us win 1-0 at Monco while our opening European home game saw us beat Barcelona by the same score. We won the group at a canter, winning all 6 games. We then got Dortmund and beat the home and away. The quarter finals saw us draw Spurs, who promptly won the first leg at our place 4-0.

It was fun but we still got a way to go.

Arsenal and Manchester Ciity both offered me interviews. I’ve finally made it!

Transfers

Farily quiet, just two big signings, including Liam Freedman, a wonderkid from Celtic. We're already preparing for next season by splashing thirty million on this dutch wonderkid before the season was even over.

Finances

Made a 55m profit thanks to our European adventures. We were also the subject of another consortium takeover and now have over 100m in the bank

Notable players

Goran Cerina - really showed his value this season, a ture world class player. 32 goals from 43 starts.

Liam Freedman - splashed out 30m on this wonderkid from Celtic. totally worth it

Roberto Padilla - found this 18 yr old playing in Argentina who loked amazing. got him for 11.75m in January to find him already labelled a wonderkid. Gradually introducing him to the team but he looks amazing already

Next season

With an average age of 24 this team is gonna be aound for a while. I'm gonna stick with it and see if i can complete the challenge but now the FM19 thread is up and running I'll only update should I actually do it. Given I once got relegated to the Vanarama South and was one game away from the sack (on at least 3 occassions I reckon) I'm amazed I even managed to complete half the challenge!

career.thumb.JPG.22e7323f0c157117d3922c3859f025b0.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

On 07/11/2018 at 02:02, Ross Ingersoll said:

holy smokes @libbyshuss you are that many seasons in already?  You are making me seem lazy, it took me a week to get my club lol

This is FM18...