On 12.2.2018 at 19:07, Warhawk said:

@thomas_e:

Finished the page I put together for you, it's at https://warhawk137.wixsite.com/dafugechallenge/thomas-e

Can also access it now from the front page where I added a Champions list ahead of the standings.

Hope you don't mind that I did a bit of editing on the blurbs you wrote, just to fix a few spelling and grammar issues.

I have absolutely no issues with that at all :D

Thanks for the effort you're putting in administrating this challenge, really makes for an enjoyable experience! 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd Season

Champions!!!  We somewhat ran away with the league but Dulwich kept us honest up until about February.

Vanarama_National_League_South_Overview_

After losing Cureton early in the first campaign disaster struct again when another injury to a main striker meant I had to scramble for a replacement.  Low and behold this little gem was loaned to us by The Gills and helped fire us to promotion.

Dion_Wedatilake_Overview_Profile.png

We also took home the FA Trophy.  The final turned into a bit of a blood bath with bookings galore and two reds for the 'Boro but we hung on for a hard earned 1-0.

Farnborough_v_Boreham_Wood_Match_Review.

(Yes thats Armand Traore of ex Arsenal / Pompey / QPR / Forest fame.  He clearly loves his football as he joined us in January on a non-contract basis)

Im hoping we can take the momentum from the double and go again next season and get up into the Football League.  I dont imagine many of the current squad will be with my next season so I will be scowering the free transfers and loan market once again in the summer.  However I've been hit with the 'brutal' brexit which means even our Irish cousins need a work permit so I will be very restricted on who I can bring in.

Back to Edgar Street just for the last game of our maiden season in Championship which has gone very smoothly but don't think we're gonna make it. But it's a really good and pleasing season to build on next season to try to reach promotion.5a84ad75983ac_Capturadepantalla2018-02-14ales22_42_36.thumb.png.19c0600bc0ecf02cbbee2e6b1ce82d12.png

Also, it's being the most complicated season on injuries: 9 major injuries and and around 20 moderates.

Hatton's last season injury which kept him out 8 months until mid September is not in the list but he came back stronger than ever scoring 29 goals in 35 games.

Key players such Dael Fry, Lloyd Isgrove and Jake Doyle-Hayes (our highest transfer ever) were at least 3 months out for major injuries. 

5a84ae84977eb_Capturadepantalla2018-02-14ales22_46_57.thumb.png.4096f1dc0daba8fd67d9681d6a1ed476.png5a84aea2bfba3_Capturadepantalla2018-02-14ales22_47_14.thumb.png.bf3082fdfded872322e5e7c75bb3f16a.png

Right travel, surgery and travel again has kept me away from the game for nearly month and half. Back today and had the most crazy ten days of fixtures. I was so out of touch with my Billericay team that I was not even sure who my first XI was!

We went from two massive defeats to two massive wins!

5a855b093e4e4_BillericayTown_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.aa657dfa70d8bc09ec88bb5eb0d2c4d8.png

En ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2018 a las 0:21, thomas_e dijo:

Bilderesultat for billericay town

Season Review 2029-2030

CHALLENGE COMPLETED

Congrats on your achievement @thomas_e !!! Think you're the very first one to achieve that on FM18, am I right?

Edited by 13-gigi

Episode 18 of my Dafuge Challenge is now live.

Thus far we've remained unbeaten, our only loss has come in the FA Cup.  But as the schedule drags out, we're starting to face some of the better teams in the Vanarama South, and injuries are starting to crop up as well.  Today we are facing Tranmere in an FA Trophy game.

Thanks for watching!

Jellico73

6 hours ago, 13-gigi said:

Congrats on your achievement @thomas_e !!! Think you're the very first one to achieve that on FM18, am I right?

Thanks! Happy to have completed it, was a great save, really enjoyed it! 

But I think I came in second. Someone had completed it already, and in fewer seasons! 

En 14/2/2018 a las 22:56, 13-gigi dijo:

Back to Edgar Street just for the last game of our maiden season in Championship which has gone very smoothly but don't think we're gonna make it. But it's a really good and pleasing season to build on next season to try to reach promotion.5a84ad75983ac_Capturadepantalla2018-02-14ales22_42_36.thumb.png.19c0600bc0ecf02cbbee2e6b1ce82d12.png

Guess who was right? Season's over and I wonder who was my best player

5a860d2b10926_Capturadepantalla2018-02-15ales23_41_36.thumb.png.063384cc39659e4a084c09c59c558ab5.png5a860d20699ba_Capturadepantalla2018-02-15ales23_41_02.thumb.png.8b7b240a16396c754ba1de1da9177a18.png

Billericay Season 2026/27 - Challenge Complete 

Im2H3Oc.png

League Table -

Man Utd pushed us all the way

uLjSyrX.png

Champions League -

Of course is was Man Utd in the final, we overcame a group of Bayern, Vitesse and Juventus, finishing 2nd in the group to Bayern. Then beating Wolfsburg in the 2nd Round, Atletico Madrid on away goals in the quarters and a 4-3 aggregate win over the mighty Real Madrid in the Semi-final, before a text book counter attacking performance to see off Man Utd 2-0 in the final.

anEgHLv.png

FA Cup -

We also picked up the FA Cup, with a narrow 2-1 win over Crystal Palace in the final, though we dominated the game -

1J6ITOt.png

Squad performance -

N3gw6bE.png

Key player -

Captain fantastic Benito Mputu had his best season for the club scoring 39 goals in all competitions with 18 assists -

HjliNim.jpg

He has been a superb signing, ever since I got him on loan in our promotion season -

7MONY0b.png

Overall Club progress - 

S4inAYF.png

I'll do another post later on with some other key players that helped complete the challenge. 

3rd Season

As I hoped we managed to maintain the momentum and will be bouncing our way into the Football League next season.  Orient had the lead up to 7 games out but once we went top it never looked in danger.

Vanarama_National_League_Overview_Stages

I convinced Gillingham to let us have DW for another season and he didnt dissapoint.  Far and away my best performer and picked up Player Of The Year and Golden Boot.

Dion_Wedatilake_Overview_Profile_2.png

We also made it to Wembley again for the FA Trophy but lost out to Telford.  Looking forward to LG2.  Going professional should mean we can attract a better quality of player and maybe after dragging the club up the leagues the board will finally let me have a parent club.

En ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2018 a las 13:53, tajj7 dijo:

Billericay Season 2026/27 - Challenge Complete 

Im2H3Oc.png

League Table -

Man Utd pushed us all the way

uLjSyrX.png

Champions League -

Of course is was Man Utd in the final, we overcame a group of Bayern, Vitesse and Juventus, finishing 2nd in the group to Bayern. Then beating Wolfsburg in the 2nd Round, Atletico Madrid on away goals in the quarters and a 4-3 aggregate win over the mighty Real Madrid in the Semi-final, before a text book counter attacking performance to see off Man Utd 2-0 in the final.

anEgHLv.png

FA Cup -

We also picked up the FA Cup, with a narrow 2-1 win over Crystal Palace in the final, though we dominated the game -

1J6ITOt.png

Squad performance -

N3gw6bE.png

Key player -

Captain fantastic Benito Mputu had his best season for the club scoring 39 goals in all competitions with 18 assists -

HjliNim.jpg

He has been a superb signing, ever since I got him on loan in our promotion season -

7MONY0b.png

Overall Club progress - 

S4inAYF.png

I'll do another post later on with some other key players that helped complete the challenge. 

Wow, just amazing, congrats!!!

Dafuge Challenge key players

The list is somewhat dominated by forwards as they are the ones that shone the most in my attacking tactics. Most are from the title + CL winning season, but a few are there for being key players who took us up the leagues.

1. Ashley Pope: player of the challenge without a doubt. I signed this striker/winger on a free from Bournemouth during my season in League 1. He scored a goal a game in League 1, more than a goal a game in the Championship, and 23 goals in his first Premiership season. His skills were never world class, but he ended up with 168 goals in 203 appearances for us, and was still in the squad in my final season.

5a8b1fa417756_s9AshleyPope.thumb.png.290788dacb44a5e3e5d63a1960d64584.png

2. Jozsef Keaveny - one from the early game, he was the precursor to Pope in charge of the goalscoring duties from Vanarama National to the Championship, scoring 101 goals in 144 apps.

5a8b1f926327a_JozsefKeaveny_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.9ee8761387dd4d0b3e1b386bdd81a22f.png

3. Regan Slater - another player who, like Pope, joined us in League 1 and was still a regular until the last season in the Premiership, with a great all-round game

5a8b1f9b23731_ReganSlater_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.ef650fdc879973fcff6a552dde4b0a39.png

4. Sei Narita - this inside forward was one of my first signings in the Premiership and was a key player throughout the final three seasons. Fast and great in the dribble, he chipped in with plenty of goals and assists

5a8b1fc729156_SeiNarita_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.55395610f239dc9db45e4f049d255353.png

5. Francesco Mirto - the Italian striker was one of my first big-money signings, but at 70 goals in 106 games the £25m I payed Juventus for him ended up being a snip

5a8b1fb5b4295_s9FrancescoMirto.thumb.png.61707be9058f2566d71fd3c411efa7ad.png

6. David Martins Cardozo - one of the most complete midfielders I ever had in my team in any FM, and his performances were likewise fantastic.

5a8b1face9011_s9DavidMartinsCardozo.thumb.png.c63b316bc89e3c495486f7beb2a52721.png

7. Gordan Veladzic - was the final piece of the jigsaw that saw us secure the CL & PL double winning season, a ball-playing defender who could both create and sniff out opposition's chances at ease.

5a8b1fbe416fa_s9GordanVeladzic.thumb.png.0e9d5b2833d69979906666ccdfb66b50.png

Tagging @Warhawk

Edited by dkouv

enfield.png.cc9cef6e3f4f220a500ff5d8f7f0157c.png

2019/2020 Recap

We started strong, we stayed strong, and then at one point over a four week period 4 of our five strikers were out with injuries.  We didn't lose out first League game until the end of Janaury, then went on a three game mini skid where we didn't win, allowing Bath City and St. Albans to creep up on us.

In the end, we recovered, and with 5-2 win at Chelmsford City, we clinched the League with 3 weeks to go.

Final standings:

5a8eed9495237_VanaramaNationalLeagueSouth_OverviewStages.thumb.png.374026bf93eec43a591876ef335b8fd6.png

I brought in the wrong keeper, who despite his 4 star ability couldn't stop anything, and instead relied on a "Score more than anyone" type of attack.  111 goals isn't a Vanarama South Record, but it's close.

Toughest Loss?  Against Tranmere in the FA Trophy Second Round.  2-0 up, only to lose my  best striker to injury, with my other two already out injured, and then my best winger.  Down to 9 men, we held on to a 2-2 draw for twenty minutes of regulation time, and then all of extra time as well.  And then had to play them again three days later, when we lost 3-1.

A Fully healthy Lucas Green-Birch was everything this year he was supposed to be last year, he and Tom Ashton are perhaps the most potent strike partnership in the Vanarama South.  

Money wise, we didn't have as much debt this year as we did last year.  A New Club Sponsorship helps, but we had to take a loan out to expand QE II stadium, which means 14K a month in payments now.  My Board still can't find us a senior Affiliate, and I still don't have a coaching license.  But we are on our way.  Next Stop:  The Vanarama National and avoiding a Relegation Battle.

SEASON LEAGUE STANDING FA CUP FA TROPHY TOP SCORER MOST ASSISTS BEST RATING
2018/2019 Vanarama South 5th 4th Qualifying 3rd Round Tom Ashton, 40 Tom Ashton, 23 Tom Ashton, 7.63
2019/2020 Vanarama South 1st 4th Qualifying 2nd Round Lucas Green-Birch, 38 Tom Ashton, 20 Lucas Green-Birch, 7.61

Those interested can also follow along here:

Thanks,

Jellico73

Season 4

Ei-Ei-Ei-O Up the football league we go!  The Boro are run-away champions of League 2.

Sky_Bet_League_Two_Overview_Profile.png
anonymous image hosting

Thanks to numerous loans and a few young prospects we stormed the league and even managed to get to the 4th round of the FA Cup taking out Northampton, Southend and Derby before Chelsea smashed 4 past us.

Two young strikers helped fire us to promotion.  Firstly Arnor Borg Gudjohnson (who I assumed was the son of the great man but having googled it he is a half-brother.  Incredible genes in that family).  32 goals in 35 games!!!

Arn_r_Borg_Gu_johnsen_Overview_Profile.p
anonymous image hosting

But my favourite this season was Neil Brock.  He's a diminutive (5'7) regen I loaned from Villa but he always seemed to notch the winner (I dont know if anyone else makes up songs for their players but whenever Brock bagged I'd sing...stop the Brock...cant stop the Brock...you cant stop the Brock....repeat until bored)

Neil_Brock_Overview_Profile.png
anonymous image hosting

I also splashed out £120k on Stuart Williamson.  He's played ok and has bags of potential so he will definetly be sticking around for next season unless the big boys come sniffing.

Stuart_Williamson_Overview_Profile.png
anonymous image hosting

Season 5

Onwards and upwards.  Champions again.  This time setting goals / points / and disciplinary records (I like to get stuck in :)).

Sky_Bet_League_One_Overview_Profile.png
multi hosting

20 points ahead of Blackburn in second might be the biggest margin I've won a league by.  I also had a good run in the League Cup but eventually succum to Brighton in the semi's.

Again I leaned on the loan market heavily but I've picked up one or two gems relatively cheap.

Firstly Dave Timmons who doesn't look like much but at League One level hes very handy.  I picked up Dave for £14k from Telford last season.  He started the season as 5th or 6th choice striker but due to the limit on loan players he ended up cementing a play in the first team and progressed to become (according to my Assistant) our highest ability striker.

Dave_Timmins_Overview_Profile.png
multi hosting

However I feel my best striker is Stuart Blair.  Blair initially agreed to join on a bosman but as I had some spare funds and few players in my squad who weren't on loan I paid Derry £80k to bring him in early.  He hit the ground running with hat-tricks in his first two appearance and whilst he had a few baron spells he ultimately was my top scorer with 32 in all comps. 

Stuart_Blair_Overview_Profile.png
multi hosting

The hard Brexit has been an absolute wounder.  I've found a couple VERY good Africans who agreed to sign for the Boro but due to lack of appearances or low International ratings I could get them permits.  Hopefully I can find a few more who are interested now I'm in the Championship but if not I will keep stocking my squad with loans. 

Image result for hitchin town fc

Season 1 (2018/19) - Vanarama National League North

Competitions:

Overview

Vanarama National League North (Table | Results):

Board Expectation: Fight bravely against relegation. Media Prediction: 21st.

Finish: 17th.

We got off to quite a good start with 7 points out of the first 4 games, but then the lack of quality in the squad really started to show. The next win didn't follow until October and good results were sporadic at best until late December. With having to bring a lot of new players in, most of which only slight improvements on what we already had, the players struggled to get any sort of consistency and struggled to adapt to the league. However, when I had settled upon a tactic that seemed to work and I'd found my best team, things started to click. James Spruce was brought in on loan from Bristol Rovers in November, but was initially out for around a month - his debut for the club uncoincidentally aligned with the start of our best run of the season in Jan and Feb with 6 wins out of 10 games and Spruce banging them in. We hit another very bad run in March and were still involved in a big relegation battle, but just about stumbled over the line for survival in the league, securing this on the 2nd last game of the season.

FA Cup (Results):

Board Expectation: Reach Second Qualifying Round.

Finish: Knocked out in First Round by Plymouth Argyle.

I was very pleased to have a decent run in the FA Cup in my first season here. We turned over Evo Stick side Aylesbury Utd, before scraping through an epic tie with Wealdstone at a time when we couldn't buy a win in the league. Then we sneaked through a tie with Vanarama National League side Poole with a 1-0 win to make the First Round. An exciting tie at Top Field in Hitchin saw us face League 2 outfit Plymouth, but they had too much for us in the end and knocked us out with a 4-2 victory. We got back into the game twice making it 2-1 and 3-2 late on, but in truth they dominated and Darren Pratley's screamer sealed out fate in the 89th minute.

FA Trophy (Results):

Board Expectation: Reach Third Qualifying Round.

Finish: Knocked out in First Round by Tranmere Rovers.

Eased through the Third Qualifying Round against Chasetown, but a First Round tie away to National League side Tranmere, who actually finished 3rd this season, proved too much and we got beat 4-1.

Club:

Squad (End of Season Awards) There isn't very much quality in the squad and a lot of the better players we had this season were only on loan, which is a worry for next year. We're weak at the back and shipped a lot of goals (6th most in the league), but did manage to score a lot especially once we went 2 up front and Spruce + Macfoy-Johnston got a good partnership going. Improvements need to be made at the back next season.

TransfersWe brought in a number of players, which meant things took a while to click and get going so next season I think I'll look at making fewer changes if possible. I'll hopefully to bring back some of the players we had on loan too.

Key Players: 

James Spruce - Came in on loan in November from Bristol Rovers, but was out injured until mid-December coinciding with a great run of form that kept us up. He scored 19 goals in 24 games and chipped in with a few assists too. A revelation.

Dion Macfoy-Johnston - Struggled to get going, but really benefitted from being up top with Spruce and formed a great partnership with him. Finished as my top goalscorer with 22 goals and most assists with 8. Signed a new contract to play for another year at Hitchin.

Tom Ouldridge - In on loan from Swindon in December and contributed immediately. Played well on the right wing in a position which we were weak.

Charlie Smith - Inherited him from the start of the game. An ever present in the team, he started 39 games in the league. 5 goals and 5 assists was a decent return. Got him signed up for another year here.

Jack Broadhead - Brought him in on a free before the season started to add some physical presence in midfield and he did exactly this. Gets stuck in and gave the defence some protection. Another one signed up for next year.

Best Youth Intake Player: Declan RookHas some decent mentals, may give him a few chances in the team next season.

Overall Best Eleven 

FinancesLook fairly stable and the FA Cup run definitely helped with that.

Manager ProfileGot my National C licence and a few improvements to my attributes.

Season    Team           League                             Finish   FA Cup      FA Trophy   Top Goalscorer         Most Assists          Notes  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Hitchin Town   Vanarama National League North     17th     1st Round   1st Round   Macfoy-Johnston (22)   Macfoy-Johnston (8)   Avoided relegation

we've done it!!

first of i just like to mention i had taken a break and forgot to post, so its been a while and i had progressed before i realised. anyway without further ado..

5a93453274cac_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages.thumb.png.38cd64b1f8b478b0e574fc54a72da1f1.png

with only 3 losses we won the premier league! unbelievable!!

not only have we had a good year in the prem we have dominated else where too

5a93452ad04f7_BillyDrinkwater_Inbox-3.thumb.png.5d8740a2a76aded247eea9502b3cf33b.png

a massive win in europe! looking forward to playing the the big one next year!

5a93452d06d0c_BillyDrinkwater_Inbox-4.thumb.png.5442ff6a8663f4c2cc13ee3e12525854.png 

transfers-

5a934534dd91c_Margate_TransferHistory.thumb.png.39be3ab5db922628478ae9059caa4614.png

a few young players for reserves with decent potential. Elano was by far the best signing scoring 20 goals this season. 

record signing panico also was solid at the back.

another superstar to retire this season was leo messi

5a934a76065fa_LionelMessi_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.2a3c1709932fc8e7b137029da3afb659.png

again still looks like he would be my best player even at 38.

AX3W05A.png

Been away from this challenge for a while. So not updated on here for a few seasons.

Managed to get up from League 2 at the second time of asking. Picked up a few experienced players for the season which made a massive difference;

Matty James - Former Leicester man chipped in with 5 goals and 5 assists, average rating of 7.12. 

Sam Vokes - Fans player of the season, 16 goals in 34 games, also with an average rating of 7.12.

Danny Drinkwater was a disappointment but still did a steady job.

After a mid-table finish in my first season in League 1, I'm coming up to January in second campaign, sitting top of the table by a point. Managed to sign former Liverpool and England midfielder Jordan Henderson which has seen us control possession and dominate games.

Will update further at the end of the season...

8 hours ago, Nylyf said:

Hi, has anyone managed to get Tiverton? Have reloaded for hours but was not able to get them..

What I ended up doing was create a custom database with the team I wanted in the League (in my case Enfield Town), and then holidaying a year.  If they stayed up I took over them then, if not it was back to the drawing board.  I'm not sure the 'save a day before promotion' trick really does a good job of randomizing what teams go up, it always seems to be the usual suspects with an outlier every once and awhile.  I was so desperate to get Enfield in i tracked then thru multiple (73 times, I wasted a morning...literally), and the best they ever finished was 4th.  You'd think there's be a 2nd or 3rd in there from time to time....

Jellico73

Season 6

We are Premier League!  After narrowly missing out on promotion in our first season in National League South we have bounced our way up the leagues and will be in the Prem next season.  Championship was a cake-walk...racking up 105 points we're going up as Champions.

Sky_Bet_Championship_Overview_Profile.pn

I sold my best defender (Stuart Williamson) at the start of the season as I got an offer I couldnt refuse (£5m + 50% sell on) but the board didnt give me very much of it to reinvest in the squad so I was (yet again) heavily reliant on loan signings.  I did however manage to finally bring in one of the young Africans I'd had an eye on for a season or so.  The hard Brexit has made it really challenging but Serigne Fall proved a great signing and was better than the outgoing Stuart Williamson (see previous post for screenshot)

S_rigne_Fall_Overview_Attributes.png

Yet again Blair and Timmins helped fire me to promotion.  Blair notched nearly a goal a game.  Timmins had 28 goals and 28 assists in 36 starts.

Stuart_Blair_Overview_Attributes.png

We're building a new stadium (just 15k) next season so we've agreed to ground share with Reading for the next two years.  I've got a £20m budget so I should be able to finally start to build a squad of our own and not rely on loans...that being said if there are a few wonderkids who can be brought in for a season or two from the big boys I wont turn them away.

Matlock - End of first season

matlock01table.thumb.png.b16108fe348527aa6767b035060e7c48.png

We certainly didn't make it easy on ourselves, but we did stay up despite 1/5 relegation odds.

matlock01transfers.thumb.png.2a1404683fe156cf9bc4b45456394dbd.png

A large number of inbound transfers and loans were required due to the dilapidated starting squad. Hoping for less transfers and more squad stability next season.

Right I am going to jump in and have a go at this, with a twist. I am going to try it with only using players that come through my own youth academy so no buying or loaning what so ever. The reason for this is I am utterly rubbish at judging players in the lower leagues and have as much success in the transfer market as Del Boy does becoming a millionaire.

So without further ado and a good couple of hours siming season one I present to you my team . . . . 

AXMI5Aj.png

I was rather pleased when they came up as one of my options (I didn't do the save on the 24th thing and just went with what I was given) as they are fairly local to me and my parents used to live there for a while.

I really want to try my tactic from the Community Tactics Challenge so to start with I am going to go in with the totally unfit for lower league set up of . . . .

VQojw0w.png

I will obviously work on a 'Plan B' for when this totally doesn't work at all.

One thing that will be a struggle early on is the total lack of a left back other than Will Putt so will need to look to retrain someone as back up

yiHe0TL.png

Unfortunately my first shot at the challenge was unsuccessful. I was relegated in my first season. I didn't really get my head around the changes to the scouting system.

I felt a little unlucky to be relegated as I sat outside the relegation zone by a point with two games to go. I picked up four points from the final two games which I would have expected to be enough. Tamworth who were sat behind me however won their final two games and dropped us into releaation.

I'm going to have another crack, this time as Stalybridge. One of my best every games was with Stalybridge back with CM 2001/02. 16 years on I can still remember that my midfield was the regens (back when regens were a thing) of Rivaldo, Zidane, Davids and Beckham. Fond memories.

I've been doing the youth challenge, not taking part in the thread but following the rules, pretty respectable first season, finishing 12th with Leatherhead, but something just happened that I wasn't aware could happen.

Salisbury.thumb.png.e990c0b387052d291eca469e335d8b2e.png

That's Salisbury there! It's possible for teams below the Regional Premier Divisions to show up after two seasons!

Before anyone asks, unfortunately, as much as I'd like to, I've used my real name and DoB on my manager, so I'm not willing to share the save file, but I wanted to give a heads up that it's possible.

OK, I guess this file wanted to be played.

I still had the holiday man file from when I found Leatherhead.

I ran it on until 24th June a year later, as I knew Salisbury were presumably in the league needed to be promoted to a playable league, and saved there...

And Salisbury showed up on the first try! So it's a pristine unplayed file, with Salisbury available.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4iam9tycmk6m1i1/Dafuge+Challenge+-+Salisbury.fm

Large Database, Players loaded from the three regional leagues, and players from top clubs in Europe. (Technically this wouldn't include Salisbury, but it looks like their players are present).

It has ALL leagues set as View Only, except for the English leagues set to playable.

Stalybridge Celtic

124px-StalybridgeCeltic.png.16980e76880f91dc023d758548843848.png 

Conference North – 2018/19 – 4th

Overview

Having started again after my challenge as Lancaster ended in relegation in my first season, promotion at the first time of asking was pleasing. The higher reputation of Stalybridge helped, as did the increased wage budget. A bit of experience with the new scouting system was also advantageous.

We were fairly established in the playoffs and edged further towards the top end in the latter stages of the season. As I was able to bring in better players we became stronger and I went into the playoffs confident. Non of the games were easy however with narrow victories over Boston and Tamworth setup a final with Stockport. We were the better team but succumbed to a late equaliser at 3-2 in the 91st minute, setting up extra time. We were running on empty but managed to nick the game 4-3 with a goal by Owen Gallacher to see us promoted.

The squad is solid and have renewed their contracts into next season but further strengthening is necessary if we are to get into the league.

Key Players

Elvis Otim – Ugandan Winger who contributed double figures for both goals and assists. One of the few mainstays in the team all season.

Owen Gallacher – The young forward stuck 24 league goals having signed from Newcastle on a free.

Armand Gnanduillet – The star upfront in the run in to the playoffs, Ivorian Gnanduillet scored 8 in 15 from the deep lying forward position.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Conference North                4th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted

Sorry for the delay again everyone.

Standings are updated.

@dkouv, your players are up on your champion page.

@tajj7 and @themonk9223, I have created pages for you as well which you can access from the home page.  At the moment I just have your season results and cup results.  tajj7, yours are probably complete but let me know if I'm missing any; themonk9223 I only have incomplete cup results for you, from your last season plus the FA cup in your second to last season, and I could tell you at least reached the final in the Trophy in your first season,  If you can, let me know what else you made it to the quarter-finals in.

Also, if you guys could provide me with a manager profile screenshot at the end of the challenge, plus screenshots of 5-8 key players in your challenge with a short 2-3 sentence blurb (look at dkouv and thomas_e if you want an example), I'll add them too.

22 hours ago, Andrew Haines said:

Key Players

Elvis Otim – Ugandan Winger who contributed double figures for both goals and assists. One of the few mainstays in the team all season.

I have him on my Enfield save as a loan player, playing as an M(R).

When he's good, he's very good, but he's made a few mistakes for me that just leave me scratching my head.

Jellico73

Episode 26 has been posted.  Form has been up and down, but we've managed to stay midtable thus far.  Have some new signings as well that should bolster the defense.

Thanks for watching!

Jellico73

Edited by Jellico73
Wrong link posted

Well that didn't go according to plan . . . sacked by 'Ricay' before Christmas. So for attempt number two I will be going with . . . Warrington

Pm32dBz.png

Though when I turned up to meet my backroom staff it was eerily quiet . . .

ldbl5q6.png

Edited by reerdo
On 06/03/2018 at 15:52, Warhawk said:

Sorry for the delay again everyone.

Standings are updated.

@dkouv, your players are up on your champion page.

@tajj7 and @themonk9223, I have created pages for you as well which you can access from the home page.  At the moment I just have your season results and cup results.  tajj7, yours are probably complete but let me know if I'm missing any; themonk9223 I only have incomplete cup results for you, from your last season plus the FA cup in your second to last season, and I could tell you at least reached the final in the Trophy in your first season,  If you can, let me know what else you made it to the quarter-finals in.

Also, if you guys could provide me with a manager profile screenshot at the end of the challenge, plus screenshots of 5-8 key players in your challenge with a short 2-3 sentence blurb (look at dkouv and thomas_e if you want an example), I'll add them too.

i been on hiatus for a week or so. i will go in later an do it all. 

@Warhawk

my manager

5aa0316921986_BillyDrinkwater_MyProfileProfile.thumb.png.39013f61de6002f4ae1c758ba777e95b.png

pretty much got got successive courses all the way to pro license.

5aa031808919f_Margate_HistoryCompetitions.thumb.png.4d181cb8f2ecd2ff694c3b88d12c5230.png  

here's my competition history and wasn't really competitive in competitions that i didn't win.

5aa033b777249_Margate_HistoryBestEleven.thumb.png.62d0e1d96b715e3e0fe9e814a94501c4.png

my best eleven the 2 st were on loan for 2-3 years respectively, booty was my super 6ft8 poacher. though imo i would have moller in the starting 11 due to the fact he scored 55 league goals and  in 1 season! albeit being the vanarama south and he was a 31 y/o league 2 quality player.

Peter Aird

5aa0318fc3243_PeterAird_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.9f437870d5745b10ba97435d51a786a8.png

ill start with my no.1 and captain. solid in the sticks and got him on a free! he refused a contract at boro and initially rejected a bosman move here, after no one else come in for him he was released and then only agreed to join if i gave him vice captain. the same year my captain left and he stepped up. 2 years and 27 clean sheets with plenty more to come i hope.

Gianni Panico

5aa0317a710db_GianniPanico_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b5363f3c4150102d45a276e7d1b4f2e0.png

my 1st big money signing. a whopping £40.5 million CB. and worth every penny! so solid at the back its even his media description. instrumental in us winning the title in his first season and you cant argue with those physicals. all i'm saying is 19 strength.

Didier Demel

5aa03172212cc_DidierDemel_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.2f4a81cec0e9c4cf0643a5864cf51025.png

from my biggest spend to my greatest bargain! and i'm not joking... 215k yes 215k. he is world class. found him through a media post about his international antics. had decent stats and good potential so why wouldn't i snap him up? 11 goals in 22 league games is nothing to be sniffed at.

Walter Lima

5aa0319fc5c5b_WalterLima_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.c54f8ac89711e774c698de97246eadd4.png

£15.5 m. look at those playmaker stats! an average well rounded player with the eyes and brain of a certain mesut ozil. currently retaining him to play cdm too. disappointingly he hasnt had the assists to show for it. but the combination of 6ft4 17 strenth was too good for me not to put him in the cdm position and spray the long balls to the wingers or strikers.

Martell Tatlor-Crossdale

5aa0318aeb920_MartellTaylor-Crossdale_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.3340587f9416fcd9905da35aa12074cd.png5aa03185bb0b7_MartellTaylor-Crossdale_HistoryCareerStats.thumb.png.42a837a69e156365656f821f785a63da.png

mr. martell had to give him a shout out because he may not be good enough now but he has been with me through the leagues. an ever present figure who is my leading league apps and goal scorer and 132 and 70! out on loan now and will hopefully sell him otherwise he will remain in the u23s. has been a great service to this club.

Jay Lynch

5aa04aa624a3d_JayLynch_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b7713b7460a886d15d47b6a12178a11b.png

only here as good ol' jay is the best player to come out of the youth system. was a decent player at the time but never really progressed. scored on his debut and that was the only goal he ever scored. playes 28 games most of which were in league 1 where he actually had an impressive 7.13 rating.

Verdict...

will continue to play this save in the future and has been very enjoyable.

Season 7

Wow massively exceeded expectations and finished 2nd in the Prem (1st season).  The title was never on but due to a strong run at the end of the season we finished ahead of the likes of Man City and Chelsea.  

Premier_League_Overview_Profile.png

Again I was forced into a tricky decision at the start of the year and had to accept an offer for my best player.  Fall went off to West Ham for £20m which allowed me to wheel and deal in the transfer market.  I brought in nearly an entire new squad (about 4 players remain from my Championship promotion).  I also managed to sell Timmins for £9m to Ross County (where the F did Ross County get £9m?!? :))

For whatever reason once in the Prem I could secure a work permit for just about everyone so I searched far and wide for talent.  My wage budget is still pretty small and not too many players want to come to Farnborough but Arioli was probably my best find.  He set me back just £1.5m and was given wonderkid status initially.  He probably has progressed as far as he can but I might keep him around for next season.

Sebasti_n_Arioli_Overview_Attributes.png

That being said my star performer was a young Italian upstart on loan from Napoli.  His stats speak for themselves (if his mental stats were a little bit better he would be unstoppable) and he topped the charts in terms of goals and assists (took corners).  Napoli wont let me keep Caselli for another season but if he ever becomes available I will do my best to bring him back to the 'Boro.

Ciro_Caselli_Overview_Attributes.png

We also picked up the FA cup...smashing West Ham 5-2 at Wembely.

West_Ham_v_Farnborough_Match_Review.png

With restrictions on the number of Foreign players we can have in the squad (17) its going to be difficult to build a squad that can compete on two fronts.  I have no home grown at club players and very few home nation players.  I will try and pick up some home grown talent in the summer but they usually all come through the big clubs and there's little to no chance of signing them.

Stalybridge Celtic

124px-StalybridgeCeltic.png.16980e76880f91dc023d758548843848.png 

Conference National – 2019/20 – 4th

Overview

A strong finish to the season lifted us from lower midtable (we were 18th after 20 games) solidly into the playoffs. Promotion was not to be but we made it to the playoff final courtesy of a routine 2-0 win over Hartlepool at home and an extra time 3-2 win over Newport in Wales. The final at Wembley saw us up against Salford who were promoted with us last season. Salford finished in 5th a place behind us so I was confident. We were largely outplayed however and went down to an 85th minute goal losing 2-1.

I am not too disappointed not to go up. The strong finish and general quality of the team points towards a successful season next year. I am short a left back and a central defender but if I can sort this out we’ll have a good year.

Key Players

Callum Roberts – The young forward scored 24 goals in 28 games while leading the line although he is naturally better as an inside forward.

Caolan Lavery – A journeyman striker picked up following his release from Sheff Utd. Scored 14 goals despite an injury hit season.

Ben Gladwin –Gladwin was picked up on a free from Blackburn and gave me my first natural wide playmaker in that role on the left.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Conference North                4th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted
2019/20         Conference National             4th                                             Playoff Finalists

Season 2021/22 Review

vF1HsL6.png

Tonbridge Angels FC

Season Review: Lost out in the playoffs finals to Wrexham, but reaching the playoffs was a miracle in itself. To be fair, I was using the 3 strikers tactic, just because I wanted to see what the hype was all about. We broke the record for goals in a season though my team's quality in defence meant that we shipped a shipload too. So you can guess what my aim for next season would be.

Board expectations:

Vanarama National: Fight against relegation

Media prediction: 24th

FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy: Second Round

Results:

Vanarama National: 4th | League Table | Player Stats | Team Stats

FA Cup: Third Round

FA Trophy: Semi-Finals

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Josh Walker: Brought in initially to be an upgrade to Bako. When we switched to the 3 striker formation, realised I need both of them. There were days when he was simply not effective upfront or missing clear cut chances, but he was instrumental in our final push to the playoffs, bagging 8 goals in the final 5 matches.

Offrande Zanzala: Top our scoring AND assists charts. If only his passing is a bit better, I would feel a lot happier playing him as the False 9.

Jack Paxman: A familiar performer. I can't stress enough how much he's needed in my midfield. Without him, we usually don't create much chances.

Youth Prospect:

Not worth mentioning.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Top Half

2) Central Defence is my main weakness at the moment. 

Year   Division          		Position   FA Cup		     FA Trophy		    Notes
2018   Vanarama National League South   13th	   Fourth Qualifying Round   Third Round
2019   Vanarama National League South   2nd	   Fourth Qualifying Round   Third Qualifying Round
2020   Vanarama National League South   2nd	   Fourth Qualifying Round   Third Round
2021   Vanarama National                4th	   Third Round               Semi-Finals

Episode 29 of my challenge has gone live, as Enfield Town fights for a midtable finish their first year in the Vanarama.  We scoring, we're not defending, and are skirting disaster in more ways than one.

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching!

Jellico73