Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM18 challenge

Tooting & Mitcham United Season Overview 20-21

5100227_zps82yfbmuh.png

Back after a Christmas break, had a storming season in league 2, couldn't quite believe what was happening! started a bit rocky but as soon as the team got it's confidence we were pretty unstoppable. Lots of younger players coming through really helped by some old heads. Best thing that happened was my 20yr old keeper got poached by Derby at Christmas so i went out and picked up adam federici on a free!  

Tooting%20amp%20Mitcham%20United_%20%20C

Dean%20Johnstone_%20Overview%20Profile_z

Dean%20Bivens_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsy

Dean is my team captain - amazing mental stats for a kid!

Richie%20Hawtin_%20%20Inbox-3_zpslivehor

Richie%20Hawtin_%20%20Inbox-4_zpsig0a8gj

Hey everyone, episode 3 of the Enfield Town FC save is up.  Appreciate the views!

Jellico73

Preparations commencing for Life in The Championship following relegation .  Just waiting for the fat lady to sing 

Bilderesultat for billericay town

Season review 2024-2025

Premier League

Our second season in the Premier League and we made some good progress. Not extraordinary by any means, but overall I'm happy. We have a very young squad and it was obvious that having one year of experience in the Premier League paid off for plenty of our players, with a lot more stability, especially in defence. 

We finished 8th in the league, 16 points off Chelsea at 5th, illustrating how big the gap between the top teams and the rest are at this point. 

We made some really good signings this year, and the best one was probably the signing of the season in the Premier League! We got 21 year old Ricardo Vasquez for £825k from Paraguayan side Cerro Porteno. He managed 32 goals and 12 assists in 38 games, making him top scorer in the Premier League. I think he maybe performed a little bit better than what his stats says he should, but lets hope he can build on this form into next season! 

We signed wonderkid Marko Kolar, a 19 year old central defender for £5,5 from Dinamo. A wonderkid with a really bright future, and together with Shin Oyama, a 23 year old defender on loan from Man Utd, he really improved my defence. Unfortunately, I am not able to re-loan Oyama from Man Utd, and we need to sign a quality defender this summer!  

FA Cup & Carabao Cup

Dissapointing cup runs where we got knocked out by Southampton (0-1) in the 4th round of the Carabao Cup and an expected loss against Arsenal (3-4) in the 4th round of the FA Cup. 

Next Season

Hopefully we can build on this season and take a further step towards Europe next year. I might look towards a change of tactic, as our offensive 4-2-2-2 is leaking goals! I'm scoring a lot as well, but we do seem to be vulnerable against teams with top class strikers. 

1.thumb.jpg.8ca7e13a7b83b1f7d2f4883ef4e2e1b5.jpg2.thumb.jpg.9976c12523b88f2fb93e0923b336f294.jpg3.thumb.jpg.8d85a254b6abc37e5f985305d22e795e.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.d4f526e18201e1b5aa66c8cac5d66c37.jpg5.thumb.jpg.f89cfb9fab2f3e9fb2e67dbef481a87f.jpg6.thumb.jpg.77e0b4a4444cf16e19cfb48bf63a0140.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.b3a913b48e4c37661b44e251e96e1e5f.jpg8.thumb.jpg.162675645feec3a1a7afdc6c2aee9e06.jpg

Season  |        League         | Position  |      FA Cup     | Checkatrade Trophy | Carabao Cup |     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 |  Vanarama South       |    1st    |     4th round   |      1st round     |             |
2019-20 |  Vanarama National    |    1st    |     3rd round   |      2nd round     |             |
2020-21 |  Sky Bet League Two   |    1st    |     3rd round   |      2nd round     |  1st round  |
2021-22 |  Sky Bet League One   |    1st    |     3rd round   |      3rd round     |  3rd round  | 
2021-22 |  Sky Bet Championship |    1st    |     3rd round   |                    |  4th round  | 
2022-23 |  Premier League       |    13th   |     6th round   |                    |  semi-final |
2023-24 |  Premier League       |    8th    |     4th round   |                    |  4th round  |

Edited by thomas_e

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

2035-36 (UK & IRE Players Only)

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances - Commercials

Where to start with this update as the initial season within the nations elite was horrendous, 4 wins and only 33 goals scored was always going to pose problems as Altrincham found the main elements of their tactic  - Inverted Left Wing  + Attacking CM been shut down against world class opposition leaving Paul McKnight isolated up top . Unable to come up with a viable solution to the problem we will need to take a step backwards and come up with alternatives.  A proper attacking left back to overlap the Inverted winger , stretch the defense and also provide an alternative option is something i would like to try next season but currently i don't have anyone viable at the club for this role. 

The only positive , well possible positive is the impending takeover as the current board are pretty much anti everything in terms of investing in new facilities and moving the club forward as a whole . Existing debts from stadium expansions have now been paid.  There is also nothing to report from cup competition , ran into Man United in the early rounds and provided their stars with some shooting practice. 

chambo89_zpsprqq1rno.jpg

Dafuge Challenge: Dulwich Hamlet

Season 1, April 2019

So to the business end of the season - two games to play and it's all tight at the top. As I feared, our form dipped dramatically and we lost three in a row in late January, and were up and down throughout February and March. Fortunately, rivals Havant and Oxford City also stuttered, while Billericay came through with a late run of victories. So with two games to go, we're in first place ahead of Billericay by two points. We should finish with two easy-ish games - at home to Bognor, who are are fighting to avoid relegation, and away to already-relegated East Thurrock. But such is Billericay's form I don't think we can afford to drop a single point. Unfortunately, the team is a collective nervous wreck - strikers who have been brilliant all season are now struggling for goals, and too many others are 'nervous' or 'very nervous' in every game.

Having been tipped for mid-table, and set the target of top-half finish, I ought to be delighted, but having led the league for so much of the season, the play-offs would be hard to bear. I am far from confident - just don't tell my players!

2018-01-06.png

Dafuge Challenge: Dulwich Hamlet

Season 1: End of season

As I feared, Bognor had everything to play for to avoid relegation; my team was paralysed with fear. Despite our home advantage, Bognor left with a 1-0 win and secured their place in the division. The football gods were on our side, however, and Billericay could only manage a home draw against St Albans. So going in to the last game of the season, we had a one-point lead and were in control of our fate.

Halfway through the week, star striker Faal was stricken with a near-terminal attack of the blisters and carried the 'injury' into matchday. Unhappy with the form of our third- and fourth-choice strikers, I made the bold (stupid, according to my coaches) decision to call up my best under-23s striker for his first-team debut. Ten minutes in to this nail-biter, Thurrock gifted us an own-goal, and debutant Alfie Rutherford added to the lead. No.2 striker Reise Allassani, despite a dodgy hamstring, added a third just after halftime, and although Thurrock claimed a consolation goal, we ran out comfortable 3-1 winners. Billericay, meanwhile, were succumbing to a 2-3 defeat away at Braintree, allowing Oxford City to sneak back into second place.

It's not in my nature to feel pressure, he quivered.

image.png

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Kaiserwatman:

There is also nothing to report from cup competition , ran into Man United in the early rounds and provided their stars with some shooting practice. 

I can relate to that ... ;-)

6C11BD8E1AEB920E492ADFC09F545CE373B61659

Edited by StevenStorm

Midtable at the moment, todays video is out Fourth Round FA Qualifying game against Tranmere.

Trying a new video editor and some filters, hopefully will make things sound better.

Appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks for watching,

Jellico73

Fairing much better after 15 games with Salisbury FC than I did in both previous seasons combined! Just got my first away win in two seasons, an excellent 1-0 where - surprisingly - my goalie played well and we never actually looked like conceding.

To combat the long balls over the top I've moved to a disciplined Fluid 442  system with high pressing which so far seems to have done the trick. I think it's preventing the long balls from being hit which seems to be the key... 

What I'm most delighted about is the signing of a central midfielder who can tackle, and pass, and isn't slow. It's taken me two and a half seasons to find a proper defensive midfielder! :applause:

Leaderboard should be updated, sorry for the delay.  Let me know if I missed anyone.  Normally I upvote posts once I have entered them into the leaderboard, but because I was a bit behind I hit my upvote cap for the day so I couldn't do that for the last 6-8 or so.

3rd promotion in a row!

We started little slowly but got the engine working and flying high on September and October where we went 10-1-1. Later on November our worst record of 0-0-3. After that little bump went 12-4-0 with where the first 7 were all wins. After that and from March on, we didn't find consistency but kept the first spot till the end. Think this inconsistency was also due to Hatton's twisted ankle on February the 20th which kept him out the pitch for 4 weeks.

Once again, Callum Hatton was our main threat with 29 L2 goals and 9 L2 assists in 38 games and extended his loan spell for another year.

Awards haven't been handed out yet but player of the year for fans is gonna be a tough decision with Hatton scoring week in week out and Elliott&O'Sullivan partnership cruising another year in the middle park of the pitch.

The 4th contender I'm sure will be our signing of the season: Sam Byrne overperforming on our right wing with 23 goals and 10 assists in 35 games, even been an striker.

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-08 a les 22.45.52.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-08 a les 22.45.39.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-08 a les 22.45.08.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-08 a les 22.44.48.png

INTO THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE!!!

5a53ff834905f_VanaramaNationalLeague_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.b80ea87282a30155dda1624e039b76e2.png

5a53ff325aee8_Margate_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.5543dc69a9c50fa797377e05f251651c.png

5a53ff455726e_Margate_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.b66585518a51e06a8353492112702be8.png

tactics overachieving again albeit better players this year in what ended up as a transfer merry go round at Margate. learnt my lesson on signing non contract players in the hope of saving wages haha 

5a53ff390229b_Margate_TransferHistory.thumb.png.5a0a7ef6c48b62f6e7cb1d0c75b7926f.png

no idea what im gonna do next year going professional and all that business lmao.

got a few good enough players and hopefully just get a few loans and see what happens ...

image.png.b03685929c0a88955a585707c970251d.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

This season was both a step foward and and disappointing. The team started on fire not losing in the first 7 games and scoring 23 goals. This was followed by only 2 wins in 13 due to no central midfielders and then only 3 losses in 16 to get back into the playoff spots. A bad march meant that wins in the last 2 games against Accrington and Port Vale  counted for nothing. The team seemed to play well against the better teams and then badly against team at the bottom.

This form against poor teams carried over to the cups with a loss at the first hurdle to VNN strugglers Brackley in the FA cup and defeat to Woking in the FA trophy.

The lack of cup progress has meant that the finances are looking a bit more worrying although not too bad. Moved into the new stadium at the very end of the season, its already looking small with such limited expansion capacity.

In terms of the squad i strengthened the defense with Purdy and Tanganga who i hope will be in place for a while. The FB's need improving and upfront as Murrell and Youngs did well in patches but are inconsistent. Beyond them there is nothing, Whittaker come in on loan and had initial success before tailing off.

Season       League            Position       FA Cup           FA Trophy                  Achievements/Notes               
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama South         2nd         1st Round         1st Round                     Promotion 
2019/20   Vanarama National      19th        3rd Round         1st Round                  Avoided relegation    
2020/21   Vanarama National      8th         4th QRound        2nd Round                       None                         

2020/2021

PROMOTION 2nd Place

image.thumb.png.2f63af01aae3b72e26dc7d8749783066.png

Final match ended 3-3 in a last minute score but i was sure my boys would have won the penalties.

Season review 2025-2026

Season Summary

Another season with some decent, if not spectacular progress. But we were able to build on last season 8th place, and now we are qualified for Europe after a 6th place finish this season! Two games before the end of the season it was still very open, and we didn't secure a European spot before the 37th round, when we beat Chelsea 1-0. A great game and we were able to top it off with a 3-1 win away to Spurs, which was actually our first away win against a top 6 team :). I shifted my tactic from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 with two games left of the season, bold move before Chelsea and Spurs, but it paid off and hopefully we can build further on this formation as it might actually suit the players better than the 4-4-2 I've been using since the beginning! 

As expected, my top scorer Ricardo Vazquez couldnt build on his amazing first season. His 18 goals this year compared to his 34 last year was very noticeable, and the flaws of the 4-4-2 when the opponent can isolate your strikers and outnumber your midfield became very clear this year, and it made us struggle against better teams this year. 

Once again we are unable/uncapable to fight for any silverware in the FA Cup or Carabao Cup. We were knocked out 0-3 against Arsenal in the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup and a terrible 0-2 loss against Championship side Newcastle in the 4th round of the FA Cup. 

Next season

A big challenge when we will combine Premier League with the UEFA Europa League next season, but of course its a challenge that we welcome with open arms! The Carabao Cup will be a fringe competition, more a scene for our U19 players than anything. Hopefully we can maintain a European spot in the League (top seven), as well as making it to the knockout stages of the Europa League. We've already made a couple of good signings for next year, but our wage expenses are starting to be quite high and we need to keep progressing if we are to avoid financial problems. We have put a lot of money into facilities, which is a good thing, but £17,5 million for upgrading our facilities was a bit more than expected. 

1.thumb.jpg.83b09694e62d04e6cf2f8b864971217f.jpg3.thumb.jpg.97ebf4d43f8faaa50dcadccfaab5c8a1.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a2b2e759a75d2a08878d44a64c45dbc0.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.0bdb0f24e1c8decf3ce517ed3813b0cb.jpg6.thumb.jpg.36ecb3d0aafee06def2ac5bf9f26cb8a.jpg4.thumb.jpg.85352631510cce27de3f8795a7af1130.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.372fe33e6dd5696b52f2858232d4d5cd.jpg8.thumb.jpg.206b19a8b2b9754bca13cded612d4be4.jpg

Season  |        League         | Position  |      FA Cup     | Checkatrade Trophy | Carabao Cup |     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018-19 |  Vanarama South       |    1st    |     4th round   |      1st round     |             |
2019-20 |  Vanarama National    |    1st    |     3rd round   |      2nd round     |             |
2020-21 |  Sky Bet League Two   |    1st    |     3rd round   |      2nd round     |  1st round  |
2021-22 |  Sky Bet League One   |    1st    |     3rd round   |      3rd round     |  3rd round  | 
2022-23 |  Sky Bet Championship |    1st    |     3rd round   |                    |  4th round  | 
2023-24 |  Premier League       |    13th   |     6th round   |                    |  semi-final |
2024-25 |  Premier League       |    8th    |     4th round   |                    |  4th round  |
2025-26 |  Premier League       |    6th    |    4th round    |                    |  3rd round  |

Edited by thomas_e

Despite some wholly self inflicted problems on the technical side of things, episode 5 of the Enfield Town FC save is up.

The current question is can we stay midtable before we run out of healthy players?  But it's been a fun ride so far.

Jellico

Billericay First TWO seasons in the Premier League Update (2023/24 Season & 2024/25 Season)

I have been super busy so I am going to have to do these two updates together, apologies. 

2023/24 Season - First Season in the Premier League

The first season in the Premier League was a great success, if you had offered me 7th at the start of the season I would have bitten your hands off as we were predicted 19th (though after I signed our star loanee striker Mputu permanently I was pretty confident of staying up). However the season promised so much more, on a promotion high we were hovering around the Champions League places for most of the season before this happened -

UNgSCK8.png

5 wins from our last 15 league games, that lone bright spark of a win at home to Spurs surrounded by 5 losses including a 5-0 hammering at home by Swansea! 

Overall though, taken as a whole is was a very good season -

OHjlzHk.png

Certainly plenty to build on for the next year.

We were pretty poor in the cups -

Z6BX28A.png

Losing 1-0 at home to Burnley in the League cup quarter finals, who we beat in both league games, was very disappointing, especially as they went on to win it.  Away to Man City in the fourth round of the FA Cup was just bad luck with the draw. 

Stadium wise we borrowed Selhurst Park from Crystal Palace whilst our stadium that was originally built so we could enter the Football League was upgraded again to meet Premier League standards. No idea why the average attendance there says 100% full, as it has about 26k capacity so 16k does not sell it out, though we did actually fill in a few occasions and that average attendance is higher than the whole capacity of our new ground which is only going to be 13k.

In fact for our first season we had more season ticket holders than our new ground will hold full stop. I think a new new stadium might be in order but no idea how long that will take as I currently have no option to ask about expanding the stadium. 

Squad wise we performed well -

4fNvit0.png

Though the poor form at the end of the year really dented the average ratings. Defensively we are poor and that is going to be my main area of focus for the next season. Mputu finished Premier League top goalscorer with 26 goals in the league and makes the questioning by my fans and board of his £26 million transfer fee look silly. 

Motoba is probably my best other signing, he is a 20 year old Japanese regen winger who has great pace and is very highly rated by scouts and coaches. He is also the one that came out as gay (see a few pages back) and already has like 40 caps for his country. He only cost me like £1.5 million and is now worth over £40 million. 

Sadly most of the promotions team are no longer here, Kehinde just about managed some appearances but has now gone out on loan. 

2024/25 Season - Second Season in the Premier League 

The second season saw us progress nicely from our first season, in the transfer window I addressed some major areas of concern that I think caused us our poor run of form last year. This was getting in better defenders in every position (though I really have struggled to find good full backs buying two wingers and converting them) and also adding to our attacking options so I could rotate more and have more cover for when players were injured or out of form.

I also tightened up my tactics a bit, playing more defensively away from home, especially against the better clubs. 

It worked pretty well -

DZ0ywfb.png

Champions League football secured next year, it was very tight with four team from 2nd to 5th covered by just 4 points. Man Utd are way off in the distance, no one can catch them it seems and I have a lot of work to try and close that gap. I believe this was their fourth or even 5th title in a row and no one else but Man Utd or Man City have won league since the save started. 

We also had a much better go in the cups reaching our first ever FA Cup final -

ttUO0A3.png

Sadly we lost 3-0 to Man Utd, though were actually the better team for 70 minutes before they scored 3 late goals, the first being from a corner and then two counter attack goals as I tried to get back into the game. 

Our tiny stadium was obviously completely sold out every game. 

U93xdLD.png

Squad wise Motoba really kicked on this season getting an amazing 22 assists and 11 goals from just 33 games. I think it is unlikely I will be able to keep him, both Monaco and Chelsea are interested in him and we have already fallen out over his agreed fee (because apparently wanting at least £80 million for my best player who is valued over £50 million is me being unreasonable!) 

Marcus Edwards, signed for just £5.5 million in the first Premier League season has also had an excellent season, he seems to be just hitting his peak and has also fully mastered the inside winger on the left position.

Mputu wasn't quite as good as his first season in the league, despite him developing nicely but luckily I signed a very good German re-gen on a free who provided quality back up. 

And probably my best signing was Jorge Chavez, a Mexican regen left-back, who I have converted into a centre-back because he was 6' 2" and had very good jumping, he added much needed consistentcy and leadership to my back line.

Overall I am very happy with my squad, the average age is like 21, my oldest players aside my back up keeper are 26, with most players 18-22 and have bags of potential. So I can't see much need to get new additions in, though we will need a bit more depth with the Champions League games.

The big issue I have is keeping them as the wages are already creeping up with some of these players now wanting £90 - 120k a week, which we simply can't afford, especially with a limited 13k stadium.  We have got to a very decent level of youth set up now though and have already had several quality youngsters into the club so I might be able to sell off a star player a season to balance to books and hopefully bring in the youngsters to fill the gaps. 

Closing the gap to Man Utd, Man City etc. is going to be tough, these clubs pay £250k a week to half their squads, have regens in their U23s that walk into my side (One of my best players this season is a 19 year old regen on loan from Chelsea who has got nowhere near their first team) and spend around £150 million a year usually on peak age regens who are world class. 

I will do an update on some of my better players, my best youth regens, my manager profile and the state of the club facilities wise etc. 

Edited by tajj7

Impressive work @tajj7 :applause:! Playing with Billericay myself, and finished 6th in the 2025/2026 season, so clearly you are a few steps ahead of me in the race! 

3 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Impressive work @tajj7 :applause:! Playing with Billericay myself, and finished 6th in the 2025/2026 season, so clearly you are a few steps ahead of me in the race! 

Thanks, I think taking the next step is going to be very hard.

Also the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and in particular Man City seem to underperform hard, most of these teams I struggle against, especially away from home but they then seem to lose games they shouldn't against other lesser AI teams. 

Basically my team is like Spurs good enough to beat all the teams outside the top 6 but not good enough to beat the top 6, but they seem to drop loads of points against teams I beat pretty easily. 

Man City's team on paper is like twice as good as mine, they have pretty much a world class player in every position but seem to underperform all the time, they have had 3 different managers I think since I got into the PL. 

Edited by tajj7

Agreed @tajj7 , I find that to be the case for myself as well. I've beaten a couple of the top teams at home, but when I beat Spurs away this year (3rd year in the Premier League), that was actually my first away win against a top side (even though they are faaaar behind Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal in my save). 

I can beat pretty much every team, and they again seem to be able to pick points from the top sides, but when I play teams like Man City and Man Utd away I stand absolutely no chance! 

A big gap to close! 

En 8/1/2018 a las 23:02, 13-gigi dijo:

The 4th contender I'm sure will be our signing of the season: Sam Byrne overperforming on our right wing with 23 goals and 10 assists in 35 games, even been an striker.

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-08 a les 22.45.52.png

Finally, he claimed the Player of the year award but wasn't selected into the team of the year:idiot:

Player year.png

team.png

Just getting back into my Merthyr town save and i've just had this absolute classic match at the start of our League 2 campaign!

VPYf3g4.png

I am going to give this challenge a go and after reloading for a good couple of days I finally got the Met. Police

My profile.jpg

Episode 6 of the Enfield Town FC Challenge is finally up.  Big thanks to those that helped out with the PBKAC technical difficulties.

A little bit past halfway.  SO far we are still solidly midtable, fighting for a playoff position, but finances are an issue.

There is some oddities with the volume, I am not sure why, listening to the raw vid everything seems OK, but exporting, handbraking and then uploading to youtube has done something.  Or it could well be another PBKAC error.

Thanks for watching!  

Going to give this a go. Looking forward to the challenge.

Interesting how too work on a very low budget.

c362e282ba76eeaa900d5af4f8e7e4d3.png

Quick rant: Played Chelsea at home in the league, went 0-3 down after 6 minutes. Ended up winning the game 6-3! For then for the game to crash.... ****

I'm going to attempt this. As I seem rather insane I went with Stourbridge who have 1 player under contract and about a tenner in the bank.

Emperor J Season 1.PNG

August completed, won first game, then drew 3 in a row and ended with a defeat.

tactical tinkering needed.

Quick question does it matter what season does the team gets promoted? 

23 minutes ago, QSF25 said:

In terms of the challenge? I don't believe it does.. The ultimate aim is Premiership and Champions League; I don't think it matters how long it takes you to get there.

Giving this a shot with Lancaster. Why? Because I actually saw their grounds while traveling through the UK in November (from the train). I'm going to be quite shocked if we survive the first season honestly, picked to finish last and the roster is quite poor. Not having much luck in recruiting upgrades either leading up to the start of the season.

10 hours ago, QSF25 said:

It doesn't matter which season they get promoted, but they can't have played in a playable league from the game start.

5100134.png.24af50319c1323ae1219d7a5c33523ca.png

Margate 2018/19 Season 1

My first season doing this challenge and i finished in the play offs, losing in the semi final....

I signed a ton of players , all on free transfers....

My goals for next season are to reach the play-offs again....Im going to keep the core of the squad and look to add some quality...

5a5b6cbec3c99_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.fef336505032e327974d57db3c1d764c.png

5a5b6db062b0a_Screenshot(13).thumb.png.e0783f7e00bfbfe1c684f3ef64e60487.png5a5b6cc172078_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.20e6d8a0e46c22435db03fa435403240.png

5a5b6e9d71b33_Screenshot(14).thumb.png.8af88d44088e0c28fbd03baa8b1ff3c5.png5a5b6e9fb21a5_Screenshot(15).thumb.png.0a09bc55a5c4f0a643979c48f528675d.png5a5b6ea268c8d_Screenshot(16).thumb.png.b113f83182fe359def5a10940e97edf0.png

Edited by paulskln

Played decently our first two games only to give up game winners in the 90th and 96th minute :(

Good Evening!

I've been trying for the last hour or so for Lancaster (home town), however no luck!

LD7mMfX.png

So I begin with Hereford, hopefully I'll start well and can keep you posted on my progress!

Edited by jwarrilow89

I am cheering every time my team scores. :lol:

Just beat second place telford 4-2 at home :hammer:

I am so glad i started this challenge been thinking about it for the last few FM's.

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

2036-37 (UK & IRE Players Only)

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances - Commercials

The Robins are back in the big time following last seasons relegation but it wasn't exactly spectacular even with the additional players signed whilst in the Premier League. Several off-field developments have though come to fruition with a further stadium expansion and both training and youth facilities have been increased so things are starting to come together slowly.  Now Entering my 20th season i should reach my 1000th game in charge around Mid October but outside that celebration i don't hope much optimism unless some things drop within the transfer window. 

In the cups there isn't much to report losing to Bournemouth in the FA Cup (3rd Round) and Everton in the Carabao (4th Round) following victories over Chesterfield , Bradford and Brighton  

cham99_zpshil2xtnm.jpg

Edited by Kaiserwatman

CHAMPIONSHIP LETS BE HAVING YA!

5a5c282b09cfb_SkyBetChampionship_OverviewSeasonPreview.thumb.png.746f20816e29a6cffb68575b5b495afe.png

5a5c2821e7eb3_Margate_PlayersPlayers-2.thumb.png.0bb6c0fc4faeb58820c4f4a90e1e2959.png

with only 3-4 players suited to play this division its going to be a tough ask, especially as i can't rely on 5 loan players OP for the league haha.

had a nice counter formation last year for my youth/reserve team which now looks like its going be my 1st team formation in the hopes of survival or even mid table push this year. 

as for last few years i feel we did really well and slightly overachieved with back to back promotions but hey, i'll take it.

5a5c28323bca6_SkyBetLeagueOne_OverviewStages.thumb.png.6a8b01b6c29905f96e8966463e2b396f.png

5a5c28396abf0_SkyBetLeagueTwo_OverviewStages.thumb.png.cc996af9cc16a67c329ccfa9596995b2.png

Edited by themonk9223

Season 2020/21 Review

vF1HsL6.png

Tonbridge Angels FC

Season Review: Promotion, finally, via playoffs. Billericay were dominant, so there was hardly any chance of beating them to the title.

Board expectations:

Vanarama National League South: Mid-table

Media prediction: 20th

FA Cup: Third Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: First Round

Results:

Vanarama National League South: 2nd | League Table | Player Stats | Team Stats

FA Cup: Fourth Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: Third Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Jack Sampson: Remember Eli Phipps from last season? I wanted to sign him but he was uninterested at that time, so I ended signing Jack for the TM/DLF role. Eli ended up getting released from his club, but I didn't have the wage budget to sign him at that time. Jack did his job though, scoring 40 goals in 50 apps. Named the 2020/21 Supporters' Player of the Year and was the 2nd runner up for the VNLS Top Goalscorer Award.

Shama Bako: Managed 35 goals this season again. Sounds consistent, but if you see the kinda chances he missed, you would feel like killing him like I did. Thinking of converting him to an IF, but his passing and vision are horrible. Named the 1st runner up for the VNLS Top Goalscorer Award.

Jack Paxman: I love this guy. He doesn't lead the assist charts but he was instrumental in moving the ball in midfield. We played worse when he isn't around.

Youth Prospect:

Not worth mentioning.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Avoid relegation

2) Hmm.. Should I change my formation? Let me sleep on it. My transfer plans might change depending on my decision

Year   Division          		Position   FA Cup		     FA Trophy		    Notes
2018   Vanarama National League South   13th	   Fourth Qualifying Round   Third Round
2019   Vanarama National League South   2nd	   Fourth Qualifying Round   Third Qualifying Round
2020   Vanarama National League South   2nd	   Fourth Qualifying Round   Third Round

12 hours ago, themonk9223 said:

CHAMPIONSHIP LETS BE HAVING YA!

5a5c282b09cfb_SkyBetChampionship_OverviewSeasonPreview.thumb.png.746f20816e29a6cffb68575b5b495afe.png

5a5c2821e7eb3_Margate_PlayersPlayers-2.thumb.png.0bb6c0fc4faeb58820c4f4a90e1e2959.png

with only 3-4 players suited to play this division its going to be a tough ask, especially as i can't rely on 5 loan players OP for the league haha.

had a nice counter formation last year for my youth/reserve team which now looks like its going be my 1st team formation in the hopes of survival or even mid table push this year. 

as for last few years i feel we did really well and slightly overachieved with back to back promotions but hey, i'll take it.

5a5c28323bca6_SkyBetLeagueOne_OverviewStages.thumb.png.6a8b01b6c29905f96e8966463e2b396f.png

5a5c28396abf0_SkyBetLeagueTwo_OverviewStages.thumb.png.cc996af9cc16a67c329ccfa9596995b2.png

Damn good job, im still in the Vanarama National League South, only completed one season....Does the Margate board ever give you much help?

3 hours ago, paulskln said:

Damn good job, im still in the Vanarama National League South, only completed one season....Does the Margate board ever give you much help?

cheers my friend! been tough with the hard brexit. 

the board are average eventually gave me coaches after hounding them and were pretty good for senior affiliates, but other than that they are stingy AF. took me till league 1 for them to upgrade my facility's, not to mention the hate youth production. except for when i ask for a affiliate in which they reply with 'we'd rather you focus on our own youth' lol. 

i would say my success was only down to my scouts lol. you seem to be able to get better scouts on non contracts than as part time or full time. plus my ass man was very helpful too.

5a5d0c87ebb26_DarrenHuckerby_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.8ff01b50ac63d7c68f145c95bb6280cc.png

him and my scouts along with 100 or so trialist ech year your bound to find a couple gems to sign. 

and last of all loanees. i sign 8-10 each year so i always have 4-5 really good players in my starting 11. 

other than that its all about long ball and early crosses for me.

All the best and good luck in your save.

Edited by themonk9223

41 minutes ago, themonk9223 said:

cheers my friend! been tough with the hard brexit. 

the board are average eventually gave me coaches after hounding them and were pretty good for senior affiliates, but other than that they are stingy AF. took me till league 1 for them to upgrade my facility's, not to mention the hate youth production. except for when i ask for a affiliate in which they reply with 'we'd rather you focus on our own youth' lol. 

i would say my success was only down to my scouts lol. you seem to be able to get better scouts on non contracts than as part time or full time. plus my ass man was very helpful too.

5a5d0c87ebb26_DarrenHuckerby_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.8ff01b50ac63d7c68f145c95bb6280cc.png

him and my scouts along with 100 or so trialist ech year your bound to find a couple gems to sign. 

and last of all loanees. i sign 8-10 each year so i always have 4-5 really good players in my starting 11. 

other than that its all about long ball and early crosses for me.

All the best and good luck in your save.

Thanks for the reply , funny thing is i just signed Darren Huckerby as a coach, he is better than my current Assistant . I used him on fm17 as a coach for Colchester ...

5a5d2f5e2ad52_kingslynn.jpg.d62659db44e42c43cec68ef66f0ac3a9.jpg

King’s Lynn dafuge Challenge

Season 8 – 2025/26 – Premiership

Transfers: I tried to go for quality rather than quantity, and gradually replace my Championship-level players, or failed recruits from last season, with young PL-level players with good potential, or good players underused by big clubs. The two major signings were new forwards Bastien Auclair and Francesco Mirto, signed for a combined £53m in the summer. Center back Juan Jose arrived in January to finally give some steel to my defense. A bit more restructuring was required in the winter window, as I changed the system slightly, and some more players will need to come and go next summer to fill gaps up front and on right wing.

League: The teams were setting up more defensively against me, so after a moderate start I changed to a 2-striker tactic and it worked wonders, landing me second place behind the all-conquering Man Utd. It’ll be tricky to topple them, but we’ll give it our best next season.

Carabao Cup: I thought I was done after drawing Man Utd away in the 3rd round, but they had a man sent off and I managed to beat them. After that I went all the way to the final and won the thing, demolishing West Brom 7-0 to lift the trophy.

FA Cup: A great run, but Man Utd were just too strong for us in the final

Europa League: Our first foray into Europe was a successful one as we went all the way in the Euro cup, beating Man City in the semis and Liverpool in the final (after extra time) to bring the trophy home to Norfolk.

Best players: The newly-signed deadly strike partnership of Francesco Mirto and Bastien Auclair were the star performers this season, with 72 goals and 38 assists between them, but some of the pros that went up the leagues with me like Ashley Pope and Regan Slater are still performing well, even though their stats aren’t really Premiership level, so I’m in two minds as to whether to replace them. Juan Jose has been great at center back since arriving in January.

Facilities: We’re about to move into our new stadium, although it only has 13k capacity so no doubt another upgrade is around the corner. Training and youth facilities and coaching all upgraded too.

Congrats to @tajj7 on making the Champions League!

Season  |  League     | Pos.  |  FA Cup  | FA Trophy |  CL      |   EL       |  Top scorer        |  Top assists        |    Top rating        | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |  Van Nth    |  5    |  R3      |  R1       |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Abioye (36)       |  Limb (17)          |    Limb (7.4)        | Lost in play-off final
2019/20 |  Van Nth    |  1    |  R3      |  won      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Obiero (34)       |  Hmami (18)         |    Doughty (7.8)     | Promoted
2020/21 |  Van Nat    |  1    |  R4      |  R4       |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Keaveny (48)      |  Keaveny (25)       |    Keaveny (7.9)     | Promoted
2021/22 |  League 2   |  1    |  R3      |  n/a      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Pashen (31)       |  Keaveny (18)       |    McDonagh (7.9)    | Promoted
2022/23 |  League 1   |  1    |  R4      |  n/a      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Pope (51)         |  Pope (31)          |    Pope (8.1)        | Promoted
2023/24 | Champ-ship  |  1    |  R4      |  n/a      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Pope (52)         |  Pope (43)          |    Pope (8.4)        | Promoted
2024/25 | Premiership |  7    |  R4      |  n/a      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Pope (27)         |  Narita (15)        |    Narita (7.6)      | Europa qualification
2025/26 | Premiership |  2    |  R-up    |  n/a      |  n/a     |  Winner    |  Auclair (38)      |  Pope (24)          |    Mirto (7.8)       | Europa and Carabao cup winners

Season  |  Finances  | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      | Coaching     |   Recruitment    | Stadium
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |   £82k     |  Poor          |  Poor           | Adequate     |   Limited        | 8200 
2019/20 |   £392k    |  Basic         |  Poor           | Average      |   Limited        | 8200 
2020/21 |   £447k    |  Below Average |  Basic          | Average      |   Basic          | 5700
2022/23 |   £1.5m    |  Adequate      |  Basic          | Adequate     |   Average        | 5700
2023/24 |   £5.9m    |  Average       |  Below Average  | Adequate     |   Average        | 5700
2024/25 |   £107m    |  Average       |  Below Average  | Good         |   Above Average  | 5700
2025/26 |   £142m    |  Good          |  Adequate       | Excellent    |   Established    | 5700

5 hours ago, paulskln said:

Thanks for the reply , funny thing is i just signed Darren Huckerby as a coach, he is better than my current Assistant . I used him on fm17 as a coach for Colchester ...

haha that's cool, good choice! how@s your second year going? if your still struggling for results still i can show you my formations that helped me through the leagues and your more than welcome to use or tinker them for your team. 

but hopefully you may be doing better now. 

Season Review 2026-2027

Our fourth year in the Premier League, and the first one where we competed in Europe, securing a Europa League spot last season. A good experience for the club, and overall we cant really complain, finishing in 6th place in the league and making it to the semi final in the Europa League. Still, it feels a little bit bittersweet, as even though we are only a couple of spots away from the Champions League, in reality we are far behind in quality of play. We keep struggling against the top teams, putting in some really shocking performances, especially away from home. 

We fought Spurs for 5th place for a long time, and even had Arsenal at 4th in our sight, but from April we were really poor. It didnt help that I at one point had to play 5 games in 10 days, which included two quarter finals in the Europa League, as well as three league games. Really strange fixture list.. 

After playing with an attacking 4-4-2 from the start of this challenge, this was our first year employing a classic 4-2-3-1, trying to bring in some defensive stability. This worked fairly well, but going from two strikers to a lone striker upfront clearly put more pressure on my top man. He didnt have any problems delivering though, and my £875k signing from three seasons ago, Ricardo Vasquez scored 32 goals in 44 games this season, winning the golden boat for the second time in Europe. Strange as it may sound, he is a fantastic striker, but I think I need to bring in someone to compete with him. Vasquez mainly scores from really close range latching onto crosses, and I think I can count on one hand the amount of goals he has scored against top sides. 

We won 6 out of 6 games in the group stages of the Europa League, and then beating Sparta Praha, Villareal and Lazio in the knock out stages. Unfortunately we ran into Man City in the semi final, how they managed to get knocked out of the Champions League with the players they have is beyond me... I got knocked out 6-2 on aggregate, so there was never any real competition if im honest....

We did very poor in the domestic cups, losing 2-3 in the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup to Crystal Palace, and then 0-2 to Birmingham in the FA Cup. Dissapointing, but I tried giving my younger players and reserves the chance to impress in those games.. they didn't...

Next season

After five straight promotions to the Premier League, our progress has naturally stagnated a bit. Thats natural, but hopefully we can step up next year and fight for a Champions League place. The board has given me £60 million in transfer budget, which is great! Unfortunately, I only get to keep 30% of profits made from player sales, which is making me reluctant to sell any good players. But the money I already have should be enough to bring in some quality. A hard-working defensive midfielder is on top of the list! 

Season overview

1.thumb.jpg.3622de4349e44fb435ec47af5d8a2fcb.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a523bbb5afcb4b21e902b4ea96c13b97.jpg3.thumb.jpg.d0dc902a2051b76a9c80fb40d90c1def.jpg4.thumb.jpg.4ae631ee1b39a363d22b125ee2e550b6.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.3ab324f22ae61d6b990d1a8543000747.jpg

Key Players

6.thumb.jpg.0029ca58e125063b2779ef173357b9aa.jpg7.thumb.jpg.14378738f2aeb8b3dfd4d9320c42adf6.jpg9.thumb.jpg.14a3f08f24414af055bbbdabf16c93ab.jpg8.thumb.jpg.e9c11b77fabc87511a21672ea77dfa64.jpg

Season  |        League         | Position  |      FA Cup     | Checkatrade Trophy | Carabao Cup | Europa League 
2022-23 |  Sky Bet Championship |    1st    |     3rd round   |                    |  4th round  | 				 
2023-24 |  Premier League       |    13th   |     6th round   |                    |  semi-final |				 
2024-25 |  Premier League       |    8th    |     4th round   |                    |  4th round  |				 
2025-26 |  Premier League       |    6th    |     4th round   |                    |  3rd round  |				 
2026-27 |  Premier League       |    6th    |     4th round   |                    |  3rd round  |   Semi-final	 

I have brought in a physio and one attacking coach in my first season just to try and get the most out of my forwards.

Little gem in nathan cartman he is banging in the goals. I will hopefully be able to improve next season and will improve the squad.

I may be coming into this late but going to try it out with no chance of catching up.  I'll either start with Kettering (I used to work at the club) or Dorking Wanderers because a challenge is not a challenge unless it's a challenge......

Reloading as I type this.