So Manchester United just won the PL in my save, breaking a 4-year run by Manchester City.  They did it with 5 games to play, which matches the earliest that it's ever been done, but arguably better because they're the only team that has actually played 33 matches, everyone else has 6 or 7 games left.  They're 26-6-1 with a 21 point lead on Arsenal.  It's April 12th.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Warhawk said:

So Manchester United just won the PL in my save, breaking a 4-year run by Manchester City.  They did it with 5 games to play, which matches the earliest that it's ever been done, but arguably better because they're the only team that has actually played 33 matches, everyone else has 6 or 7 games left.  They're 26-6-1 with a 21 point lead on Arsenal.  It's April 12th.

Who's their manager, still Mourinho?

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

2032-33 (UK & IRE Players Only)

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances

Further tweaks of the now rigid 4-1-4-1 formation saw Altrincham brought media attention due to their dire defensive football . The home fans aren't best pleased with it either as at one point it only have 17% confidence as they begged for change. But whilst the football is pretty dreadful , the results have made up for it in the most part as Altrincham enjoyed their best ever league finish .  Premier League Champions Manchester City were amongst the sides who failed to break down the Altrincham rearguard though they were able see off the Robins in the replay.  With average attendances breaking 5 figures for the first time the club have announced plans to add further capacity to The Altrincham Stadium.

The plans for next season is to once again maintain a mid-table position and make further developments off the pitch as the club are still along way behind in many aspects . Transfer record now stands at £250k and highest earner gets £9k a week which is no where near other clubs in the division and limits the choices with incoming players.

cham55_zpslgawf27d.jpg

Edited by Kaiserwatman
9 hours ago, Edinton said:

Who's their manager, still Mourinho?

No, he got sacked 2 days shy of 6 years on the job.  Managed 1 win each in the PL, FA Cup, Champions League, Europa League, and Club World Cup, plus 5 EFL Cups.  Diego Simeone got the job, didn't win a damn thing his first season, then left in August for Inter.  Then they hired Unai Emery, who had spent the last few years at PSG as the runner-up to Monaco in just about everything (in 6 seasons, they finished 1-2 in Ligue 1, and 5 of those is was Monaco 1, PSG 2).

Fortunately for him, there's no teams nearly as rich, talented, or well known as Monaco in the Premier League.

Oh, and guess who's now managing PSG?

Mourinho.

Edited by Warhawk

Bah, what a joke.

Had 3 players in the top 6 in average rating, 5 in the top 14.  Got ONE player in the team of the year.  Manchester United had 8 players in the Team of the Year, not too surprising since they dominated the league, but still.  Leon Bailey got the right midfield spot with 10 goals, 10 assists, 7.32 average rating; my right midfielder, Damir Sedlacek, had 8 goals, 13 assists, 7.45 average rating.

Ronnie Gillespie had 33 appearances, 23 goals, 15 assists, 8 PoM awards, 7.57 average rating.  I can understand why he lost both Player of the Year awards to Dybala, but he also lost Young Player of the Year to Vinicius Junior, who had 35 appearances, 14 goals, 9 assists, 5 PoM awards, 7.56 average rating.  Also, Luca Termanini didn't have as high a rating, but he was second in the PL with 25 goals, nothing for him either.

Gillespie had been reported as being in contention for European Golden Boy for 2024, didn't win that either.

We keep playing like this, my guys better get some damn hardware, or I'mma have to choke some virtual folks out.

Edited by Warhawk

5pmMB7S.png

Lancaster City

Premier League 2024-2025

Year-End Update

Calendar

f5FPIOtm.jpg     nkS6tzOm.jpg

Competitions

Premier League

No really interesting transfers out this season (nobody was even really interested in any of our players) except we did end up selling Richard Stimson for $120k, as he was surplus to requirements and probably not cut out for the Premier League except as an iffy depth player, and I'd rather use someone with a bit more potential there.  We made 8 major additions to the squad.  Our first was one of our best players this season, 23 year old right midfielder Damir Sedlacek, who we purchased for $1.5 million from Bordeaux and who had previously spent time with PSG.  Three days later we wrapped up the deal for another player who ended up being outstanding for us, 21 year old Austrian central midfielder Reinhold Schneider, bought for what eventually turned into $5.25 million from Dortmund.  At the end of June we made probably our best value-for-money deal, signing 24 year old left midfielder Javier Marcen following the expiration of his contract with Zaragoza.  At the same time we signed two defenders whose contracts had recently expired, Italian center back Mauro Martorana, last with Fiorentina, and English left back Lewis Gibson, last with Everton.  Neither were great and I will be looking for upgrades, but both have been competent enough to have a depth role going forward.  On July 30th we pulled off another major transfer, bringing in 23 year old goalkeeper Alessandro Bettini from Juventus for $4.6 million, who did a fantastic job covering up for our poor defensive performance this season.  On August 6th our free transfer of 18 year old Italian striker Luca Termanini went through, and we made our last major move on August 15th, bringing in former Monaco center back Benoit Badiashile, who ended up being our best defensive player this season.

We had a decent preseason outside of a very poor performance in a 1-1 draw to Celtic, a somewhat unlucky home loss to Swansea, and a disgraceful collapse where we let a 3-1 lead after 29 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday turn into a 6-3 loss.  We began the season on television by going down 2-0 at Newcastle before fighting back to get a 2-2 draw, but lost our next two matches against Arsenal at home and West Ham on the road.  That would be the last time we would find ourselves in the relegation spots.  We won 4 of our next 5 and 5 of our next 7, the best of which were a 4-2 win at West Brom and a 2-1 win at home against Liverpool (we also beat a miserable Burnley squad, who were eventually relegated, 4-0 at home).  Following a 1-2-2 stretch, we won 3 of our next four, beating Everton, Southampton, and Newcastle at home but falling 5-3 to Manchester United on the road.  After a 6-3 loss at Arsenal, we had our best run of the season, going on a 7-4-1 run, losing only a home match against Manchester City by 1 goal, and putting up a 2+ goal margin in all 7 of our victories, including wins over Bournemouth, Stoke, Leicester, Burnley, Swansea, Sunderland, and Norwich (Stoke and Sunderland in particular were our competitors for continental qualification, and we beat Stoke by 4).  We lost our next 2 away matches including a rather frightening 6-5 loss at Leicester, but still found ourselves in good position to qualify for the Europa League, though we were likely too far behind to have a chance at the Champions League.  In our third to last league match of the season, we put ourselves in commanding position by coming back from a 1-0 halftime deficit to beat fellow continental qualification contenders Southampton 2-1 on the road.  Though we lost to Manchester United 3-1 in our next match, results elsewhere locked up qualification for us, and a 1-1 draw in our final match at Everton ensured we would capture 5th place, one point ahead of Sunderland.

Final Table

6JoDOhsm.jpg

FA Cup

A much better run after losing our first match last season, though it nearly ended in embarassing fashion.  After taking an early lead against eventual mid-table Championship squad Middlesbrough, we found ourselves down 3-1 midway through the second half.  Goals from Ronnie Gillespie and James Young in the 80th and 86th minutes, respectively managed to salvage a draw, and while we went into the half in the home replay down 1-0 due to an own goal plus a missed penalty on our part, we eventually cruised to a 4-1 victory.  In the 4th round, despite another own goal (we had rather a lot of those this season, actually), Luca Termanini's hat trick secured a 3-2 victory.  Our 5th round match was perhaps the highlight of our run, managing a 2-1 upset of Manchester United where, despite being out-shot 30-18, our shots on goal were almost identical, and we scored in the 16th and 17th minute, holding on to the win despite missing a penalty later on as well.  Even including friendlies and all cup matches, Manchester United only lost 3 times all season - at Southampton in the PL, at us in the FA Cup, and against Manchester City in the EFL Cup finals (they did get knocked out of the Champions League as well, but that was on away goals after a pair of draws with Real Madrid).  In the 6th round we won 3-2 against Sunderland despite YET ANOTHER own goal.  The semifinal against Newcastle was pretty uneventful for most of the match, without even a carding the entire time, until Sedlacek scored in the 90th minute to put us through to the final with a 1-0 victory.  Unfortunately, we got off to a poor start in the final and found ourselves down 2-0 at the half, and while we were much improved after the break, ended up on the wrong side of a 3-2 defeat, our second loss in the FA Cup final in 3 years.

EFL Cup

Deja Vu was the flavor of the season apparently, as not only did we repeat our FA Cup run to the final of two seasons ago, we also repeated our EFL Cup run to the semi-final of two seasons ago.  An early 3-0 lead led us to a 3-1 win over Fleetwood in the 1st round, and we followed that up by demolishing Wycombe 5-0 in the second round.  We scored in the 5th minute against Stoke in the 3rd round, but ended up going to extra time tied 1-1, where Ryan Glover scored his second of the game in the 112th minute to give us a 2-1 win.  We had a very lucky 1-0 win against Bournemouth in the quarter final after a pretty miserable offensive performance.  In the first leg of the semi-final at home against Manchester City, we secured a 1-1 draw, and things got off to a great start on the road as we took a 2-0 lead in the 32nd minute.  They immediately cut the lead to 2-1, but we held onto that lead all the way until the 93rd minute, when they scored a gutting equalizer.  Our left back was sent off in the 100th minute, and they scored on the resulting free kick, adding another to beat us 4-2 in the second leg and 5-3 on aggregate - we were seconds away from making the final, but were left with our second semi-final loss in 3 years.

Squad & Awards

A7dcp3Om.jpg

Given our massive defensive deficiencies, our team's success was heavily dependent on two factors - outstanding play by our strikers and wingers, and an excellent goalkeeping performance that ensured that our opponents converted only a low percentage of the many chances they got (Bettini had nearly 3 saves, held + parried, per goal conceded, a very good ratio compared with other goalkeepers in the league).  Luca Termanini scored 33 goals, 25 in the league, plus contributed 12 assists, while Ronnie Gillespie scored 29, with 23 in the league, plus 20 assists (besting his own club assists record yet again).  Michael Boyd chipped in 11 goals for us, while our wingers, Damir Sedlacek and Javier Marcen, contributed 10 goals & 14 assists, and 9 goals & 12 assists, respectively.  The club leader in average rating was James Young, though he mostly played early on in cup matches; Gillespie was our leader among regular first teamers, followed by Marcen, Sedlacek, and Termanini.  Gillespie and Termanini both had 10 Player of the Match awards.  We had 3 of the top 6 players in average rating in the league, and 5 of the top 14 - Gillespie (3rd), Sedlacek, (5th), Marcen (6th), Termanini (10th), and Reinhold Schneider (14th).  Termanini tied for 2nd in goals, with Gillespie 4th.  Gillespie and Sedlacek were 1st and 2nd in assists.  Gillespie also led the league in key passes and chances created - Termanini, Marcen, and Sedlacek were all in the top 14 in those statistics as well, along with Schneider in the former.  Gillespie and Termanini were also in the top 9 in shot and shots on target.  While our defense as a whole was poor, Benoit Badiashile found himself high on the rankings in many defensive statistics, including having the most interceptions in the league.  Bettini, though conceding 70 goals, led the league in saves held and saves parried, both by substantial margins.

As a team, we scored the most goals with 86, but conceded the 5th most goals with 70.  We were worst in the league in possession and passing ratio, but were 2nd in shots on target ratio, were effective at crossing, and scored the second most goals from corners.  In spite of our poor defense we only allowed 3 goals from corners and won the third most tackles (though we were among the leaders in fouls and cards).  We did win the most headers, though our ratio was on the lower end of the rankings.

Some decent prospects in our youth intake, but we got one guy who looks like he could be very good, a center back named Kevaughn Smith, though consistency looks to be a knock on him.

Our players (and myself as well) received a variety of awards, listed below.

Fans' & Manager's Player of the Season: Ronnie Gillespie

Fans' Signing of the Season: Reinhold Schneider

Manager's Signing of the Season: Damir Sedlacek

Fans' & Manager's Young Player of the Season: Ronnie Gillespie

Premier League Team of the Year: Ronnie Gillespie

Runner-Up for Top Goalscorer: Luca Termanini

October Player of the Month: Damir Sedlacek

November Player of the Month: Ronnie Gillespie

January Player of the Month: Luca Termanini

Runner-Up for Player of the Month (Luca Termanini, April)

Third Place for Player of the Month (Javier Marcen, April)

September Young Player of the Month: Luca Termanini

October Young Player of the Month: Luca Termanini

November Young Player of the Month: Ronnie Gillespie

January Young Player of the Month: Luca Termanini

February Young Player of the Month: Jake Iles

April Young Player of the Month: Luca Termanini

Runner-Up for Young Player of the Month (Ronnie Gillespie, August, September, October, December, January, & April)

Third Place for Young Player of the Month (Michael Boyd, December; Luca Termanini, February; Jake Iles, March)

Third Place for Manager of the Month (February)

Manager of the Year

State of the Club

3hr8rwWm.jpg

From a financial perspective, the club had a profit of approximately $106 million last season, primarily as a result of Premier League tv revenue.  Our season ticket revenue more than tripled from under $2 million to nearly $7 million. We have again been given an increased payroll budget and transfer budget, currently (with the slider set all the way to wage budget) at approximately $1.2 million per week and $66 million, respectively.

Our upgrade to a 12,500 capacity stadium is complete, and we paid the $18 million loan off early at the end of this season.

Our average attendance for the season was 14,039, lowest in the league.  We had 5 sellouts.

My goals for the upcoming season are as follows:

• Europa League Qualification
  • Reach the FA Cup 5th Round
  • Reach the 5th round of the EFL Cup
  • Get out of the Group Stage of the Europa League

Season	 League				Finish  	Achievements
2018-19	 Vanarama North			7th     	Playoffs
2019-20	 Vanarama North			1st     	Champions; FA Trophy Finalist
2020-21	 Vanarama National		1st     	Champions; FA Trophy Winners
2021-22  Sky Bet League Two		1st     	Champions; Checkatrade Trophy Winners
2022-23  Sky Bet League One		2nd     	Promotion; Checkatrade Trophy Semifinalist; EFL Cup Semifinalist; FA Cup Finalist
2023-24  Sky Bet Championship    	1st		Champions
2022-23  Premier League 		5th     	Europa League Qualification; EFL Cup Semifinalist; FA Cup Finalist

Billericay End of  Season 3 Update (League 2)

Another league down and another league fairly comfortably won -

j9aHUus.png

Very pleased to pass the 100 goals and 100 points mark, especially with a fluid attacking/pressing style, I have even had media comments and press-conference questions where people have criticised the team's style saying it wouldn't work at this level which I thought was quite cool. 

D1mJbdK.png

Cups were again a bit of disappointment, especially that Bristol City lost as I thought we could maybe get a lucrative 5th round draw there, but in an even game we narrowly lost to a set piece goal.

The team is largely the one that did so well in the Conference -

xaxIbLj.png

Kehinde, Deering, Olowu, Eyoma and Wells have all been there since the Conference South days, and 3 of them are most of my defence.  You can see in the overall best eleven they have been very consistent performers up the leagues -

LP9asO4.png

Deering who is a club legend sadly left the club at the end of the summer, I was quite amazed he progressed this far as he wasn't rated that highly in the conference south!

As for the others I fully expect them to be key parts of the team in League 1, if they keep progressing as they have then they might even make it as Championship players if we get there. Especially my Nigerian contingent of Kehinde, Olowu and Eyoma who are all academy rejects from top clubs (Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs IIRC).  Wells was picked up as first year regen from another Conference South club by my scouts and has been a solid right back ever since and is not even 20 yet. 

We also moved into our new stadium at the end of the season -

AmQNdTz.png

Very imaginatively named! We are filling it out fairly regularly in League 1, so I expect an expansion might be on the cards next year, also after the Chairman dumped nearly £3 million into the finances at the end of the season I quickly set about getting some upgrades in to everything, as especially our youth recruitment and coaching was poor and I have had terrible intakes so far.  We have now hit average for most stuff which is much better and there seems to be a bit more money available in League 1 so we are actually sitting at a positive balance for the season.

The League 1 start has been indifferent but we have found some form and are up into the playoffs now, I am struggling to get consistency our my strikers and AMC, which are key to our formation. Not a huge amount of additions to the team because I couldn't find many obvious upgrades especially with very little transfer budget and many decent youngsters available at loan don't want to join me, even though they will go to other League 1 clubs. 

So I have just had my weirdest sale ever, my backup GK, who played in League 2 for me last season but I upgraded last year, who is 28, I transfer listed because he wanted first team football, has just agreed to sign for Chelsea.

Currently top of the Premier League Chelsea, for a transfer fee of £9k.

What? 

6 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

So I have just had my weirdest sale ever, my backup GK, who played in League 2 for me last season but I upgraded last year, who is 28, I transfer listed because he wanted first team football, has just agreed to sign for Chelsea.

Currently top of the Premier League Chelsea, for a transfer fee of £9k.

What? 

Had the same last season ,  sub keeper sold to Chelsea  -  It was purely to meet UEFA Registration rules as the current Chelsea side don't have enough domestic players in squad . Probably same in your save

3 minutes ago, Kaiserwatman said:

Had the same last season ,  sub keeper sold to Chelsea  -  It was purely to meet UEFA Registration rules as the current Chelsea side don't have enough domestic players in squad . Probably same in your save

Ok cool, thought it was weird, they do only have 3 GKs in the whole club but thought they might be able to find a better keeper!

----------------------------

Will also use this opportunity to show off my Assistant Manager because I think he is probably one of the best AMs I have ever had at a lower level club -

pqAwu15.jpg

5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Ok cool, thought it was weird, they do only have 3 GKs in the whole club but thought they might be able to find a better keeper!

----------------------------

Will also use this opportunity to show off my Assistant Manager because I think he is probably one of the best AMs I have ever had at a lower level club -

pqAwu15.jpg

Those are some amazing stats for a member of staff who doesn't even have a continental A licence yet!

Season 2026/27

Hereford FC

Championship - Pos 4th (Playoff winners)

FA Cup - 4th round

Carabao Cup - 3rd round

I'm not sure what to think about this season - I finished 16 points adrift of 1st and 5 from 2nd, I was rather annoyed to miss out on automatic promotion but four draws in my last eleven games made the gap unbridgeable. I'd also hoped to win each division as I went through it but you can't have it all. Rather annoyingly my stadium is 500 seats short of the required capacity so the board in their infinite wisdom are adding just 500 seats - you'd have thought they might have added more than that.

5a3e1d13dcf2c_SkyBetChampionship_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.b17f88ede0f810d17193ffc14d257072.png

Once again I have a new top scorer - Colin Lammiman finished with 31 goals overall

5a3e1d2e1de49_ColinLammiman_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.974f7536423d551129c4be29596b34dd.png

The top rated player was Scott Miller who had a bit of a breakthrough season

5a3e1d75f2757_ScottMillar_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.fee7efd3489ce60e0f740a1d625959cb.png

End of season club awards

5a3e1e35cfdea_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-21.thumb.png.f79c7b6c2edb06a06ea652167180fdd1.png

Commercial update £60k non-domestic sales.

5a3e254585900_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-22.thumb.png.01e853d0767213179b704f7f88b28116.png

Edited by Swindon69

away for the xmas break so not got time for a write up, but season one in League one now completed, solid start with a safe 16th place. proper updates on this and the last season to follow at some point. That being said I might do a few more seasons whilst at the in laws so might have more to report at some point.

7 hours ago, tremor said:

Those are some amazing stats for a member of staff who doesn't even have a continental A licence yet!

I know it's mental, hence why we are paying him a lot to keep him, was signed as player/assistant in the first season and has just shot up. It's also funny because whilst the club kept refusing my licences they have funded his every time and he is on twice what I am paid as manager! 

Hereford, 2018/19:

I've just finished my first season of the challenge and, fair to say, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. The team has shown both the sublime and the ridiculous in parts this season and, if they can remove some of the mistakes from their game and I recruit well, I see no reason why we cannot be promoted next season.

Fixtures (pt. 1) | Fixtures (pt. 2) | League | Past positions | Squad | Dynamics | Transfers

Season  | Pos.  | Division          | FAC   | LC    | ECC   | EC    | Top scorer        | Most assists      | Best player
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 | 13th  | Vanarama North    | 4QR   | N/A   | N/A   | N/A   | Luca Novarra (17) | Pablo Haysham (8) | Scott Shulton (7.11)

2 minutes ago, blaaklint said:

Hereford, 2018/19:

I've just finished my first season of the challenge and, fair to say, it's been a bit of a rollercoaster ride. The team has shown both the sublime and the ridiculous in parts this season and, if they can remove some of the mistakes from their game and I recruit well, I see no reason why we cannot be promoted next season.

Fixtures (pt. 1) | Fixtures (pt. 2) | League | Past positions | Squad | Dynamics | Transfers

Season  | Pos.  | Division          | FAC   | LC    | ECC   | EC    | Top scorer        | Most assists      | Best player
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 | 13th  | Vanarama North    | 4QR   | N/A   | N/A   | N/A   | Luca Novarra (17) | Pablo Haysham (8) | Scott Shulton (7.11)

Nice going - Novarra got 66 goals for me in his time here.

4 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Does this mean that wp's aren't required in the Premier Division?

5a3e52b35834b_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewRules.thumb.png.dde236d90fb686f70d3604ceaa68d95a.png

Yes.

Well, technically what it means is that WPs are automatic.  But that's kind of a distinction without a difference.

You needed WPs in Championship?  In my game the top 4 levels all ended up using squad registration, so even League 2 was using the 17-player foreign limit.  Not that I was equipped to be doing much international scouting before I got to the PL, mind you, so I didn't really get to take advantage of it.

So I added Edson Alvarez to try to shore up my defense, and I'm bringing in a young right back, goes by Ruben.  Missed out on a couple players I would have liked but I think they're good upgrades.  I cannot, for the life of me, find an upgrade at left back with a reasonable price tag.  Might just have to hope it clicks for Gibson this season unless something materializes.

Did nab a french DLP center midfielder named Jimmy Hours, odd that a guy named Jimmy doesn't speak any English, but whatever.

Been a tough opening 3 games - lost the opener 2-0, was 2-0 up in the 2nd then conceded from 2 corners and a dfk, 3rd game conceded 2 pens 2 from corners and had a player sent off.

It might be time to try a new formation :)

Phew finally got a win after six games.

Edited by Swindon69
4 hours ago, Warhawk said:

So I added Edson Alvarez to try to shore up my defense, and I'm bringing in a young right back, goes by Ruben.  Missed out on a couple players I would have liked but I think they're good upgrades.  I cannot, for the life of me, find an upgrade at left back with a reasonable price tag.  Might just have to hope it clicks for Gibson this season unless something materializes.

Did nab a french DLP center midfielder named Jimmy Hours, odd that a guy named Jimmy doesn't speak any English, but whatever.

Ended up spending 38 million on an ambitious 19 year old Brazilian wonderkid left back, goes by Fininho.  Very fast, excellent marking and positioning.  Not really a huge immediate upgrade over Gibson but the only guy I found who would have been and was interested and I actually liked I couldn't fit in my budget and this guy looks like he has the potential to be a real long-term success for us.  He's got a release clause of 97 million but hopefully I might be able to get rid of that later in the season if he's as good as he looks.

That's most of my transfer budget gone and I don't have a ton of room in my wage budget either but I definitely think I made my defense better with the moves I made in the offseason.

Edited by Warhawk

5a3fc1ab8c346_kingslynn.jpg.07b6a50c90b295a1738743b3d97ff91e.jpg

King’s Lynn dafuge Challenge

Season 6 – 2023/24 – Championship

Transfers: I was really feeling the constraints of the hard Brexit in the pre-season – it was very difficult to find players, and my scouts would sometimes recommend someone who would then fail to get a work permit; although most of the times they were not recommending anyone and I was just searching for players manually. In the end I managed to sign a few players released by bigger teams, got in some loanees, and paid £100k for a reject youngster from Ipswich to fill in a gap at rightback - my first non-free transfer, but nothing too glamorous!

After the difficult transfer window, my first team was little changed from League 1, so I was feeling quite apprehensive about facing the big boys in the league – but it all went much, much better than expected.

League: Again, after a shaky start we were amazing through the rest of the season. Starting end-September, we went on this great run winning 13 in a row, drawing 1, and then winning 7 more games, that ended up with us being more or less out of sight at the top. Derby and Brighton also had very strong seasons, so we had to keep our composure until the end, finishing top with 109 points, ahead of Derby with 100. Poor Brighton were denied promotion despite amassing 96 points.

FA Cup: A tough draw against Liverpool in the 4th round saw us fight hard, but ultimately lose in a replay.

Carabao Cup: a nice run to the quarters where we were trounced by Man Utd

Best players: My star player from last season Ashley Pope was at it again, with an incredible season that surely has much to do with the specifics / flaws of this ME. 52 goals and 43 assists in 44(4) games are probably the best stats from a player I’ve experienced in any FM, and his attributes aren’t even that great. A fellow striker Max Edge, on loan with us for the second season running, scored 34 and assisted 16 in 28(11) games. In midfield, Joe Powell was the best performer, and Brandon Williams – a youngster signed as backup – had a surprisingly strong season at left back, with an average rating of 7.4.

Facilities: a training facility upgrade, and new stadium being built. We are moving to Loftus Road for the next season.

After a couple of seasons with a stable first team squad I think I really need to upgrade for the Premiership. Some players have been with me since the Vanarama National and are simply not good enough for this level. I hope I can finally recruit some bargains from abroad, since there are no work permit requirements in the EPL.

But I am also losing patience with this patch and ME – too many shots and far post goals, and football is not nice to watch even though I am doing well. Might play around with different tactics next season, or give this save or FM18 a rest for a while.

Finally, a Merry Christmas to all those celebrating today and tomorrow! :D

Season  |  League    | Pos.  |  FA Cup  | FA Trophy |  CL      |   EL       |  Top scorer        |  Top assists        |    Top rating        | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |  Van Nth   |  5    |  R3      |  R1       |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Abioye (36)       |  Limb (17)          |    Limb (7.4)        | Lost in play-off final
2019/20 |  Van Nth   |  1    |  R3      |  won      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Obiero (34)       |  Hmami (18)         |    Doughty (7.8)     | Promoted
2020/21 |  Van Nat   |  1    |  R4      |  R4       |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Keaveny (48)      |  Keaveny (25)       |    Keaveny (7.9)     | Promoted
2021/22 |  League 2  |  1    |  R3      |  n/a      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Pashen (31)       |  Keaveny (18)       |    McDonagh (7.9)    | Promoted
2022/23 |  League 1  |  1    |  R4      |  n/a      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Pope (51)         |  Pope (31)          |    Pope (8.1)        | Promoted
2023/24 | Champ-ship |  1    |  R4      |  n/a      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Pope (52)         |  Pope (43)          |    Pope (8.4)        | Promoted

Season  |  Finances  | Training Fac.  | Youth Fac.      | Coaching     |   Recruitment  | Stadium
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |   £82k     |  Poor          |  Poor           | Adequate     |   Limited      | 8200 
2019/20 |   £392k    |  Basic         |  Poor           | Average      |   Limited      | 8200 
2020/21 |   £447k    |  Below Average |  Basic          | Average      |   Basic        | 5700
2022/23 |   £1.5m    |  Adequate      |  Basic          | Adequate     |   Average      | 5700
2023/24 |   £5.9m    |  Average       |  Below Average  | Adequate     |   Average      | 5700

2027/28 Mid season update

It's my first season in the Premier Division and it's fair to say it's been mixed so far - after 26 games I'm sitting in 13th 11 points clear of the relegation zone and 17 points of the European places. I've had a few tonkings and form has been erratic.

Burgess Hill Town
Season Update 2026/27
Burgess Hill Town F.C. logo.png
Premier League
Final Position 10th

Squad - Table - Transfers - Dynamics - Board - Conf. Review - Board Review - Injuries - Profile - Financial Summary - Season Awards - Scouting knowledge - Fincances

First season in the PRM proved to be quite a challenge. Overall the main issue was lack of consistency. The tactic i have previously used all through the progress, didn't seem to be as effective in the PRM. Been using 1 attacker, but also struggled to score goals. I was happy with my attackers, but with the acquisition of an amazing prospect Guastavo Gerhard, it was too hard to choose between him and Rhodri Bridgman. Therefore, it seemed natural to change to a 4-4-2 variation and use the previous 4-3-2-1 as defensive and a 4-2-3-1 as counter. We managed to get our hands on a brilliant young spanish keeper. Alberto Ochoa from Barcelona was rotting in their reserves, as obviously he isn't near the standars of Marc-André ter Stegen. 

Our weakest area on the team right now is the defensive line. Besides having one of the best talents in the league Rasmus Mouritsen and getting Nolan Roux in center and Pierre Abadie as FBR, they either are too inexperienced or weak compared to the opposition. I am sure however, they will improve, and with a few new signings on the way we can build a power defense for the future.

The final position of 10 was fair all, everything considered. We could have gone higher, had it been for better defensive performances, as the goal scoring wasn't the issue.

Cups: In the FA i had high hopes of getting a good run, but Tottenham knocked us out in 5th round replay. We did get a good result of 0-0 at Tottenham, but lost 2-1 at home in the replay. Carabao where last year we went to the finals to have our arses handed by Man City, proved to be a similar run this year. We had revenge on Arsenal whom we beat luckily 5-4 in the 4th round with 2 goals in the last 2 minutes. Quarter final we beat Bournemouth 2-1, Semi Final we outplayed CH team Derby 2-0 home and 2-1 away. In the final we were to play Not. Forest, whom we just a few matches before had beat heavily and the final was no different. We beat them 4-0 to lift our first major trophy. Both Bournemouth and Not. Fores were relegated from the PRM. 

Board was in good spirits this season and pretty much agreed to everything requested. We had both faciliites upgraded, as well as Data Center. The youth recruitment and junior coaching were improved, seeing us attaining level 2. Finally the stadium will also get an upgrade which will take a year, and will hold 19.221 upon completion.

Our biggest sale so far came from selling Shaun Thurtell to West Ham for a potential 34.5kk. The money from that sale made it possible to purchase previously mentioned players, as well as Hugo Cifuentes from PSV. He is a class players and in my opinion a lot better than Thurtell could ever become.

This years youth intake was decent with Bryan Cattell and Will Thompson being the most interesting ones.

Had a couple of interesting job offers this year. England and Man City were the top ones. Our u18 also got one of the personal "must have" signings, with Lionel Messi as their new Manger.  Now I just have to see, if I can get rid of his release clause in the future.

In other news: Neymar is currently playing for Southampton. Would be fun to see I he can be poached for next season. For some unknown reason, I was named Manager of the Year.

For next season I hope for a good run in EURO and being able to improve the defense and maintain a somewhat steady consistency.

Other players of the season:

Miquel IFR - Great prospect from Barcalonas B team. Looks like he could become a great player for us.
Jason Beazeley AF - Still impresses me when he is on a good run. He had a few this season.

Season              League              Position             FA Cup               Carabao Cup   EURO                 Checkatrade   FAT
2026/27             PRM League          10th                 5th round            Winner        NA                   NA            NA
2025/26             Ch. Ship            1st                  3rd round            Final         NA                   NA            NA
2024/25             Ch. Ship            6th                  6th round            Q.Final       NA                   NA            NA
2023/24             League One          1st                  3rd round            3rd round     NA                   Winner        NA
2022/23             League One          12th                 Semi Final           1st round     NA                   Semi Final    NA
2021/22             League Two          1st                  3rd round            2nd round     NA                   3rd round     NA
2020/21             Van. Nat.           1st                  4th round            NA            NA                   NA            Final
2019/20             Van. South          1st                  3rd round            NA            NA                   NA            2nd
2018/19             Van. South          2nd                  2nd round            NA            NA                   NA            Winner

@Swindon69 Found the 4-4-2 to use the wingers more than the others, which tends to use midfield more. Also the 4-4-2 made it possible to score more goals, as well as being leakier in the defense. With 1 attacker the goals were just too few, compared to the better teams scoring potential. 

Second season over and back to back promotion to L2 but I have some doubts who was the best player.

Callum Hatton:

Before transfer 23 matches, 22 goals, 5 assists, 7POM, 7.69 average.

After transfer (loan) 15 matches, 21 goals, 4 assist, 8POM, 8.04 average.

Table.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-26 a les 13.22.14.png

Goalscorer.png

PoS.png

Goal record.png

Average Record.png

Manager.png

6bT08ii.jpg

Lowerstoft Town 2021/22 VNLN - 17th

YmAFkN1.jpg

Ugh.

League Table - Tactics & 1st eleven - Transfers

Started the season poorly, tried to change the formation to fix thing. Continued to play poorly. Changed back to original formation and just about stabilised. Main man Adarkwa was injured most of the season, and everyone in the team was fed up with me. Let's just move on quickly.

Season		League				Position	Notes
2018/19		Vanarama National League Nth	21st		Sacked from Warrington, Hired at Lowestoft
2019/20		VNLN				17th		Not relegated!
2020/21		VNLN				5th		Playoff Semi-Finalists
2021/22		VNLN				17th		Suuuuuuuuuucks

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

2033-34 (UK & IRE Players Only)

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances  - Commercials

A season which started out so brightly and Robins fans were right to have hopes of a possible promotion before an early January slump saw them drop off the pace and eventually take up the spot allocated for "best of the rest".  The average age of the squad is now a little on the high side and its where the games come thick and fast that levels of recovery are not quite what they should be .  Players like club captain Neil McManus who has amassed 417 appearances for the club will now have to start taking a more peripheral role at the club even though he is only 15 games behind former midfielder Jake Moult in the record appearances list.

The club achieved their best ever cup run this season in the Carabao Cup reaching the quarter finals for the first time , with wins over Mansfield  , Everton (penalties) , Notts Co and Hull before drawing Manchester City. A defensively resolute Altrincham side despite been under the cosh all the time were two mins from pulling off a famous win before city got their equaliser. The Citizens went  on to complete the victory in extra time. Premier League Southampton knocked me out in the middle of the bad patch in Round Three of the FA Cup.

cham87_zpsrpgis8ry.jpg

Edited by Kaiserwatman

2027/28

Hereford FC - Premier Division Pos 13th

We were just far too inconsistent and finished where we deserved - sadly it became apparent that a lot of the guys who'd been with me since the VN days weren't up to the task so the high turnover probably didn't help.

5a42e474af143_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages.thumb.png.1a061645c3bd30a5c9f8722c16bc4101.png

My front pair got 43 goals between them the 3rd highest was on 6 which shows part of the problem.

The only pluses really were the training and youth facilities got upgraded and are being upgraded again and the board have agreed to expand the stadium from 12,940 to around 20k.

We're sharing with Wolves!

5a42e98cc0eb1_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-27.thumb.png.1626342de5d1920c6f2827d61f3911a5.png

New sponsers - like the additional detail regarding the new big sponsor.

5a42ed3b11e46_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-28.thumb.png.52c7eadaf77786aa07b801baee5ccb43.png

Edited by Swindon69

So Manchester United, who I mentioned only lost 3 matches all last season including league, cup, and friendly matches, were on a 12 match winning streak, 15 including friendlies, dating back to the end of least season.

Beat them 3-0!  At home and it was a bit lucky since it was otherwise pretty evenly played, but still.

Annoyingly we got Arsenal in our first League Cup match and our Europa draw included Valencia and Sampdoria, but we've gotten off to a pretty decent start all things considered.

Oh, and Gillespie has the most goals in UEFA World Cup Qualifying, which is neat.

And in a complete turnaround from last season we've only allowed 2 goals in 4 matches and the highest rated players on our team are our center backs, and our full backs are both over 7.1 too.

Edited by Warhawk
5 hours ago, Warhawk said:

So Manchester United, who I mentioned only lost 3 matches all last season including league, cup, and friendly matches, were on a 12 match winning streak, 15 including friendlies, dating back to the end of least season.

Beat them 3-0!  At home and it was a bit lucky since it was otherwise pretty evenly played, but still.

Annoyingly we got Arsenal in our first League Cup match and our Europa draw included Valencia and Sampdoria, but we've gotten off to a pretty decent start all things considered.

Oh, and Gillespie has the most goals in UEFA World Cup Qualifying, which is neat.

And in a complete turnaround from last season we've only allowed 2 goals in 4 matches and the highest rated players on our team are our center backs, and our full backs are both over 7.1 too.

I need to tighten up 70 goals conceded last season!

At the risk of sounding very silly, I have a question I'm sure someone would be able to help with.

So there is a particular club I'm wanting to use for this challenge, so I've gone on holiday until 24th June 2018, saved the game, then gone on holiday for 1 further day (until the new teams are promoted). If the one team in particular I'm looking for isn't promoted, I load the game back to 24th June, holiday for 1 day again, check the newly promoted teams, rinse and repeat, etc.

My question is, am I just recycling the same teams over and over again by doing this? Do I need to start fresh from the start of the season, go to 24th June, save, try to get the team I'm after a few times and if it doesn't work after, say, 10 attempts, start again fresh from the start of the season?

Hope I've explained that clearly enough!

5 minutes ago, Juan Yenkins said:

At the risk of sounding very silly, I have a question I'm sure someone would be able to help with.

So there is a particular club I'm wanting to use for this challenge, so I've gone on holiday until 24th June 2018, saved the game, then gone on holiday for 1 further day (until the new teams are promoted). If the one team in particular I'm looking for isn't promoted, I load the game back to 24th June, holiday for 1 day again, check the newly promoted teams, rinse and repeat, etc.

My question is, am I just recycling the same teams over and over again by doing this? Do I need to start fresh from the start of the season, go to 24th June, save, try to get the team I'm after a few times and if it doesn't work after, say, 10 attempts, start again fresh from the start of the season?

Hope I've explained that clearly enough!

Go on holiday until 25th June. This is the day that the new clubs appear, so saving on 24th June gives you a chance to reload in the hope of getting a particular club.