Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM18 challenge

Anyone else getting frustrated with coaching badges? I'm constantly told by my board that they can't afford to send me on a course, but it seems they are happy to keep paying out for my staff to go on them despite me not even asking... how is it that it's 'too expensive in our current financial situation' for a manager on a 3 year contract but not too expensive for a member of staff whose contract is up in a few months?

5 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

So what do people think of the update? It feels like it's become far post manager to me.

Yeah not happy with the update, struggling to recreate that lower-league feel hoofball that worked nicely in 18.1. It's all beautiful play (I know I'm in the Championship now but still, when Millwall are producing these Barca-esque passing combinations, it feels a bit off), and lots more dribbles on the wings + crosses, although that last one maybe was too underpowered in 18.1. Even got my lazy ass to post in the feedback thread... But maybe these are just tactical issues and teething problems, let's see. I'm still winning games, but I don't like how I'm winning them, too much intricate interplay from my crappy players :p

Still pleasantly surprised at how competitive we've been in the PL so far, 5-2-5 through 12 matches.  Have home wins against Liverpool and Swansea and a home draw against Tottenham, plus a 4-2 road win at West Brom.  Gillespie is tearing it up, tied for the most goals with 9 and third in average rating.  My new 18 year old Italian striker, Luca Termanini, has 7 goals and 2 Young Player of the Month awards (Gillespie has been runner-up in all 3 months so far).  And my new 23 year old Croatian right midfielder Damir Sedlacek was the player of the month in October.

EDIT: Gillespie won Player of the Month in November.  Now alone in first place in goals, average rating, and PoMs.

Edited by Warhawk

Currently limping towards the Championship play-offs post patch my form has become massively erratic. I'm not hopeful as I'm playing a Newcastle team that finished 9 points ahead of me, on the plus side there can't be many teams that have scored 100 goals and finished 6th.

1st leg at home 2-2

2nd leg away 1-3

Knocked out in the play-offs again

Aim for next season - improve away form. Also going to try not to use loan signings.

Edited by Swindon69

Season 2 Update Billericay - National League

Promotion to League 2 has been completed -

eb4TKw6.png

Few more losses then last year but still got over 100 goals and hit the 100 points mark.

We had a nice run in the FA cup with a finance boosting away game against Newcastle -

1O6Acho.png

But crashed out in the FA trophy in the first round, though I was using mainly back up players.

Kehinde again performing excellently and developing nicely with Dominic Telford becoming our new goalscoring hero. 

I think League 2 is going to be tougher, the chairman did pump £3  million into the club (and we have instantly used that to upgrade facilities and get another coaching badge) plus we have a good wage budget, but I have continue game timeout on, so I was tabbed out doing other stuff and thus missed about 3-4 weeks of the close season/pre-season.  This meant I missed out on several potential signings, who were out of contract, so my squad quality is not what I want it to be and we'll be tackling League 2 with largely the same first eleven who won the national league.

It may not be too much of a problem though as I beat two top half League 2 teams in the FA cup and one bottom half League 1 team so we certainly can beat those teams. 

Edited by tajj7

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

2030-31 (UK & IRE Players Only)

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances

The main objective set-out for the season was survival so can't really complain how the season has panned out though a poor finish to the campaign makes the relegation trap door appear closer than it actually was.  Financially the club are a billion miles behind the more established clubs within the division though the club broke their transfer record (190k) and record outlay for a season this season (625k) in order to maintain championship status. Overall a vast improvement on my last attempt in the championship where i was outclassed and shipped 120 goals though it will take several years now to bring the club to the next stage as there is no investment coming from board level . All part of the challenge. Fast approaching my 700th game in charge i am now recognized as a club legend.

In the Cups , missed a shed load of chances and lost to Bury in round 1 of the Carabao Cup , The FA Cup was no better really losing to Sheff U in a replay in Round 3.

cham34_zpslzkkqi4a.jpg

22 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

New stadium

5a3695634cf13_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-19.thumb.png.2393a53d3f3123bd1e0b9d362d936622.png

Nice one - that should set you up for future success

Going to test out how much difference the ME changes have made by playing the three wee sides I've played for the last few years.

Westfields

2020 7-0

2025 9-0

2026 5-0

I tweaked the formation for this one

Pegasus Juniors

2018 4-0

2019 3-0

2020 7-0

2021 9-1

2022 8-0

2023 10-2

2024 11-0

2025 13-0

2026 12-0 (nb this included 4 penalties)

Ewyas Harold

2018 3-0

2020 5-1

2021 4-0

2022 5-1

2023 13-0

2024 18-0

2025 8-0

2026 11-0

Edited by Swindon69

Just had about the most stunning turnaround in my tenure, we're down 2-0 at home to Newcastle and they're setting up to take a penalty in the 36th minute, we went on to win 4-2.

Just now, Swindon69 said:

Hi @That There Phil hope you find it fun.

Thanks. I'm pretty new to lower league management in general, so I think it could be a struggle, but we'll see how things go!

My all time apps list as at the end of 2025/26 Season

Name Left Ov Apps
Tanganga,Japhet   270
Yari,Kian   209
Murray,Joshua y 204
Bernard,Dominic y 201
Andresson,Axel   192
Bradbury,Harvey   187
Ketchell,Matthew y 180
Twyford,Jacob y 174
DJ Buffonge y 165
Navarro,Luca y 151

Top Ten Goalscorers

Name Left Ov Goals
Bradbury,Harvey   115
Navarro,Luca y 66
Hamilton,Tyrell y 63
Thompson-Brissett,Jaden   45
Miller,Reece y 44
Zanzala,Offrande y 42
Yari,Kian   38
Newell,George y 33
DJ Buffonge y 30
Twyford,Jacob y 29

5100227_zps82yfbmuh.png

2019-20 Season Review:

Short but sweet... Unbelievable promotion at the first attempt and winning the FA Trophy as well. A good run in the FA cup saw us raise a decent amount of money so we're looking good financially. We brought in a boat load of released youngsters on a free at the beginning of the season and added a few more during the year. Some fell by the wayside but a few were super. Notably Dean Bivens, leading scorer, main centre forward and also now club captain, Cameron Hawkes and Joseph Remmer were also big players for me this season.

Richie%20Hawtin_%20%20Inbox_zps4tduvpsf.

Richie%20Hawtin_%20%20Inbox-2_zpsyj7x05y

Going to be a massive challenge to stay in league 2, but the board finally sent me on a coaching course, agreed to increase the number of coaches and also upgrade the stadium. At least it feels like we are building for the future. Lets hope we can stay in the league to match that ambition.

Thought I might as well give this challenge a go. Some random bloke Hereford have picked up from the local pub is going to return them to their rightful place... League Two, and potentially even further.

Manager profile

Edited by blaaklint

ARGH.

Gave up the tying goal in the second leg of the League Cup away at Man City in the 93rd minute (we had tied 1-1 at home, and had taken a 2-0 lead early on away), my left back gets sent off in the 100th minute and they score on the free kick that resulted from the foul that got him his second yellow.  They scored again in the 117th minute too.

Edited by Warhawk

Just picked up Olufela Olomola, the Southampton youngster, on a free half way through my League 2 season, wasn't interested in coming in the summer but oddly has been sitting without a club for 6 months, 16 for pace and acceleration, good finishing, off the ball and composure.

He's already rated as the best player at the club and the coaches think he is a leading League 1 player and can still improve. Valued about 6 times what anyone else at the club is! 

Bilderesultat for billericay town

Season review 2023-2024

Premier League

Our first season in the Premier League has come to a close, and we are putting behind us a year were we learned a lot, played some horrible games against the top six teams, but at the same time made some big steps forward for the club. 

I have a very young squad at my disposal, with several players having the potential to become top class Premier League players. Unfortunately, they are not that today, and when starting a team with 5-6 players aged 18-21 of limited quality we took some real hammerings against the top six teams, showing just how far behind them we are in terms of quality. But we managed to stay up, finishing in a respectable 13th place. Leeds, Bournemouth and Bristol City were relegated, none of them managing more than 29 points, which meant that we didnt need to do alot to stay up. We won three of the last 5 games, which took us from 15th to 13th, giving a nice extra bump in prize money. Luckily though, the board is looking to just avoid relegation next season as well. 

The best and worst game of the season was obvious this year. Our worst game by far (maybe my worst game ever on FM), was a 10-2 loss against Man Utd! We gave away 4 penalties, my central defenders played to shocking ratings of 2,4 and 3,3 and the whole game was just bizarre to watch. It was like my players froze up and at times they didnt even move, the whole thing being almost surrealistic! That was the last game my 19 year old polish CB started in the Premier League, the game showing just how far away from PL level he really is... 

After the embarrasing game against Man Utd we drew Bournemouth 2-2 away, before having Chelsea visit us at home. A fantastic performance resulting in a 4-0 win against Chelsea, a game that more or less secured a renewed Premier League contract for us. A great game, coming just two weeks after the Man Utd trashing that really shook the locker room morale. 

Cups

We made it all the way to the semi final in the Carabao Cup, where Spurs beat us 8-6 over two matches. 

In the FA Cup we lost away to Stoke in the 6th round. 

League Table, Finances and Transfer History

1.thumb.jpg.f8c3dc41e4dfc656cf47549ef52a2bca.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.abfe0b75f7d8f280ab74cbe64867c253.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.3af71f9006fb0d41422873a0d13e6128.jpg

Key Players

We did a pretty good job during silly season this year, securing some young talented players that didn't necessarily provide instant quality, but are looking very good for the future. Our best signing by far was 20 year old Norwegian striker Richard Venås, bought for £1 million from Rosenborg. 21 goals and 14 assists in 35 games gave him a 7,36 rating, and early on in the year I saw that I had to offer him an improved contract with a higher release clause, as this is clearly a player that can become a top class striker. 

Luca Dadic, a young winger from Croatia, did not renew his contract with Hajduc Split and he was a key signing this year, providing great quality in my counter attacking style. 18 goals and 13 assists from the wing is just fantastic, and he will be key going forward. The fact that he still has not gotten caps for Croatia is really strange. 

Third key player of the season, Gabriel Peirano, was bought from Nacional in Uruguay for £850k. Playing in the deep lying playmaker role, he was far better in the first half of the season, but still managed to end the year on a 7,09 rating, which I think is impressive from central midfield in a formation that at times is leaving me vulnerable and outnumbered in central midfield. 

In defense I have young and talented players, but no one that deserves a mention based on the performances they have showed this year... 

4.thumb.jpg.cff745242023ec4ff003c09d823dd30b.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.04d4776ca9f82c7bc99462842757be3d.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.cd71ffc48b526897819081499b7e3647.jpg

Goals for next season

The board has given me a transfer budget of £33 million and a wage budget of £1,9 million (£700k now) per week. Not fantastic, but should be enough to bring in a few quality players. I don't see a lot of my players being sold for any real amounts of money, but some of them will be let go, even if I have to give them away for free. I spent £13,75 on Franceso Nerboiller, Switzerlands first choice goalkeeper in January, so I am well set in that position. But we desperately need a central defender, a central midfielder and a striker for next season. A new right winger would also help. If we can strenghten our central line from defense to attack, the goal for next year should be to finish on the top half of the table! Let's see how we do!  

Edited by thomas_e

hace 19 horas, Swindon69 dijo:

New stadium

5a3695634cf13_RufusMtwambe_Inbox-19.thumb.png.2393a53d3f3123bd1e0b9d362d936622.png

Let's say your board is not good at setting up fancy names. Must I say congrats and enjoy your new stadium or you're still a bit (let's say) upset?

Just noticed there is a massive difference between salaries in league 2 and league 1, I have the third highest in League 2 at £1.78 million, but that would put me 3rd bottom in League 1! 

I've just gone up to league 2, my average wage is about £550pw and I have a budget of £25k... No transfer funds either... Miles away!!! 😜 

Dorking Wanderers Season 1

We were truly an awful squad when I took over.  Head Coach Shade wanted to take the biggest challenge he could and it took an endless assortment of loans that finally sealed the deal and allowed us to get 19th place on the final game of the season!

yhuNObI.png

To be honest, I couldn't have done it without 3 offensive players that were already on Dorking as the season began:

Luke Moore, Matty Briggs and Giuseppe Sole had 16, 15 and 9 goals respectively.

While these three helped Dorking to 67 goals, good enough for 11th in the VNS, we allowed 94 goals, worst in the league!

We finished the season with 3 loan players making up a back 3, 2 wingbacks that really aren't wingbacks and a pretty average GK.

Goals for next season:

Make better use of loans.  Many of the long-term loans this year were done early and the players weren't good.  I need to start with short-term loans and only convert to long-term when I know the players are good. (if possible)

Improve the defense!  It's dreadful.  This team, aside from 3 solid VNS players, was essentially a bare roster.

Season 2 keepers

Warren Burrell - M (C) - I signed Burrell about ten games into the season and he was very solid for most of the season.  I'm going to try and re-sign him.

Lee Watkins - M (C) - 19-year old Lee Watkins emerged from the pack midway through the season and finished with a respectable 7.01 rating

Luke Moore - AM - 31 year old Luke Moore will be back

Matty Briggs - AM/S - 23 year old Briggs will be re-signed.

That's it!  The off-season will be extremely important to build this team into a promotion contender.  I think we're going to have a 3-year project in the VNS.  As much as I'd like to move on to the National League, I think this season will be a foundation year for a Year 3 championship team...At least that's the goal.

Well, Gillespie hasn't scored in his last 7 matches and just got hurt (for 3-4 weeks, which isn't bad timing since we just hit the end of the overloaded portion of our schedule and he might only miss 2 or 3 matches), but Termanini has 2 hat tricks and Boyd has 4 goals in that span, plus our midfielders have scored 5.  Sitting in 5th right now, 3 points up on Sunderland and 4 points back of Man City.  We're a full 21 points back of the lead though, we're only 1 point closer to 1st than we are to 18th.  Man U is 20-5-1, looks like they're going to end Man City's streak of 4 consecutive PL championships.

Have an away match at 3-8-15 Burnley who we beat 4-0 at home earlier in the seasson, but it gets tough from there.  vs. Man U in the FA Cup, then our next 6 league matches include away matches at Liverpool, Tottenham (who are actually kind of awful this year admittedly), and Chelsea and home against Man City and Sunderland.

Edited by Warhawk

Somehow we handled to extend young Smith's loan for free till the end of next season as he's performing and developing so well.

It seems some nuts are running Reading as they bought him for 180k +50% next transfer + a friendly game and we're getting him on loan for free through he's whole contract of 2 years. I'm loving it!!!

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-18 a les 20.40.05.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-18 a les 20.40.26.png

21 hours ago, Kaiserwatman said:

In a relegation scrap once again - Fixture pile-ups like this don't help :rolleyes:

rele.thumb.jpg.3ba25a14124f7759cb4d98fed641b138.jpg

I've reported this - it's being investigated.

12 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

This guy got the England job after I turned it down

5a381d0bd27e9_HaydenMullins_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.f7f95f50c754729568316b0e578f72fe.png

He's still U23 manager for Watford in 2025 in my save.  Attributes are about the same.  Slightly lower rep.  Watford actually just brought back Flores as manager in January.

Edited by Warhawk

It's going to the wire ...  -EDIT   Survived another nail biting season - Forest drop down to League 1

squeak.thumb.jpg.8d1201a6623d992d36c3e12b4d2d62a6.jpg

Edited by Kaiserwatman

hace 3 horas, 13-gigi dijo:

Somehow we handled to extend young Smith's loan for free till the end of next season as he's performing and developing so well.

It seems some nuts are running Reading as they bought him for 180k +50% next transfer + a friendly game and we're getting him on loan for free through he's whole contract of 2 years. I'm loving it!!!

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-18 a les 20.40.05.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-18 a les 20.40.26.png

After Richard Smith, big fishes are coming again to take from our hands the other exciting prospect our DoF found for us less than a year ago.

Think this time we took a better deal with + loan back till end of season + 50% next sale + friendly match + buy back price of 2M as he looks very promising. But I think this must be a bug, they offer me 2M and accept a buy back clause of the same amount + 50% next transfer fee:idiot:

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-18 a les 22.29.02.png

Captura de pantalla 2017-12-19 a les 0.03.11.png

Edited by 13-gigi

Untitled55_zpszzwrxrx8.jpg

2031-32 (UK & IRE Players Only)

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances

Another season flirting with the relegation trap door as Altrincham once again failed to make any inroads within the Championship.  The season started with several key players asking to speak with clubs of much higher reputation, currently i am not really in a position to stand in their way given the limited wage structure at the club.  But things are slowly beginning to come to fruition , with the money been spent on facilities , The new Stadium is almost paid for , though further expansion may be needed soon.

On the pitch things are not so rosy , tactically i am having issues against sides playing 4-2-3-1 which adds up to unnecessary defeats to go along with the games where i am seriously outclassed it was another relegation battle which went to the wire. A win over already relegated MK Dons with 2 games to go was enough to seal championship status as Forest failed to add to their points total and will play out next season in League 1.

In the Cups there was revenge for last year knocking out Bury in round one before shipping 6 at Burnley in the Carabao Cup. A 2-0 win over Fleetwood setup a 4th round tie at Old Trafford where i was once again shipped 6.

cham46_zpsoi3lwmq6.jpg

Edited by Kaiserwatman

Just beat Man U 2-1 in the FA Cup 5th round (and we missed a penalty to boot).  Including friendlies and cup matches, they went into the match with a record this season of 38-7-1.

Noticed Chelsea and Man City also got knocked out by Newcastle and Liverpool, respectively, leaving Arsenal as the only one of the top tier PL squads left.

EDIT: On reflection, with Manchester United being 15 points up with 11 matches to play, it's probably inaccurate to put the other 3 in the same tier as them.  So it's them, then Arsenal/Chelsea/Man City all within 2 points of each other, then us hanging in the middle of a big gap down to Sunderland who are in 6th 9 points back of Man City with 5 teams within 4 points of them.  I'm in 5th and I'm the same distance from 17th placed West Brom as I am to the top spot.

EDIT 2: Stadium upgrade finished.  Now at 12,500 seats, not great since we were averaging slightly more than that at Turf Moor, but at least it's ours I guess.  Not sure it can be expanded any more though...  at least we're now considered Rich, since our payroll budget is barely half the next lowest team (Norwich) and barely a fourth of the next lowest team after them (Burnley).

Edited by Warhawk

So what's the top rep club in your saves?

Mine's Monaco.  5 straight Ligue 1 titles (currently in position for their 6th) and 7 of the last 8, 3 Champions League titles and a runner-up, 3 Club World Championships, 5 Coupe de France titles and a runner-up.

Quick Update Billericay Town 2020-21

This was a completely unexpected season and we have won the League Two with 8 matches still to be played. Barring the 1 defeat early season we have since then gone undefeated for 34 matches.

5a38df6984ce0_ChiragVadgama_Inbox-10.thumb.png.5bdf3335be1aed9d514fcaf45a322c7a.png

Detailed report coming up after season finishes, still few months to go for that! :D 

@Warhawk

Edited by Prank Emperor

Haven't got time to do a detailed report atm, but for the sake of updating the scoreboard, just got promoted to League one via the playoffs!

I lasted 31 leagues games in VLS with Slough Town before I quit...I just didn't have the heart to get to the end of the season with the gap from safety getting bigger and bigger. The game is cruel - all of a sudden after a system and formation change I won 3 games out of 4, all at home and without conceding a goal. I thought I had turned a corner but upon reloading the game a couple of days later I was thumped 1-4 at home and then lost 0-1 away to the team in second bottom - a game I was never really in - and that just broke me.

Somehow I got to the First Round proper of the FA Cup but that was about the only highlight.

It's probably significant that the team I left behind was almost unrecognisable from the team I started with - and the team that my successor finished the season with was dramatically different to the team he inherited. He still finished last...so maybe it wasn't just me.

Anyway, I holidayed until 24/25 June and am now the Grantham Town manager in the VLN. Here we go again...

#thegingerbreads

EDIT: I've just noticed that Grantham have a lower rep than Slough... :ackter:

Edited by Edinton

4 hours ago, jsar said:

Haven't got time to do a detailed report atm, but for the sake of updating the scoreboard, just got promoted to League one via the playoffs!

Need your league position too.  I assume 2022-23?

9 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

lol yes :D 22-23 and position was 7th

1 hour ago, Warhawk said:

Hi mate, just checked the leader board and I have put Margate on the back burner. 

Currently just been promoted from the VNL in 1st place up to league 2. Just starting the new 20-21 season. I am using Tooting and Mitcham United. 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, tremor said:

Hi mate, just checked the leader board and I have put Margate on the back burner. 

Currently just been promoted from the VNL in 1st place up to league 2. Just starting the new 20-21 season. I am using Tooting and Mitcham United. 

Cheers 

Been keeping whatever data is there until people finish their first season with a new team.  Do you want to keep your Margate entry on the leaderboard and just add a new entry, or replace it with the new one?

Replace it please, I can't see me going back to margate now I've got the Terrors up into league 2 :cool:

After getting sacked by Cirencester i have restarted as Harrow. After 11 seasons in total i have managed the Park the bus achievement which doesn't say a lot for my defending ability.

Stopping this for a while - hopefully the next update will sort some of the issues.

File:Gosport Borough F.C. logo.png

Gosport Borough FC

Season 3 (2020/21)

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager / Facilities / Annual Injury Report / Confidence / Competitions / Reputation

Season 3 saw us finally hit stride and never let up.  After weathering a flurry of early injuries (all to defenders) we took top spot and pretty much stayed there all season long.  

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Cup Competitions

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees -- Newcomer James Boote tops the list of 3 players to be inducted.  The other two are DL Sam Rents and Goalkeeper Bradley McDonagh.

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season:  It was no surprise that Striker Cameron Ebbutt was the hands down favorite for Fans Player of the Season, garnering 70% of the votes.  Fellow striker Matt Mayes (12%) and MC James Melhado (10%) were the other nominees..

Signing of the Season: James Boote (Free)

Young Player of the Season: Cameron Ebbutt

Other awards: Cameron Ebbutt also took the Player of the Season award, while I managed the Manager of the Year award.

Top Academy Graduate

1. Season 1 Academy Class:  Josh Romain looks almost ready to start in the coming season with just a little improvement over the summer.
  2. Season 2 Academy Class:  George Asamoah is another grad that could feature in the senior team immediately.  More so after his bump in ambition (see his new profile above!)
  3. Chris Tilley is a 4-5* Potential midfielder that I hope will crack into the senior team in the future!

Team, Individual, and league records

A host of records were set or broken this year: (* denotes ongoing record-bold indicates record broke current season)

Gosport Borough FC -- Team

Highest League Position -- 1st in Vanarama South (2020/21)

Most points in a Season -- 89 (2020/21)

Most wins in a Season -- 28 (2020/21)

Most League Goals in a Season -- 80 (2020/21)

Highest Attendance -- 2372 (vs Woking, VNLS Playoff 1st Round, 8 May 2020) (previous record: 1030 (vs Havant &Waterlooville, VNLS, 27 Oct 2018))

Highest Gate Receipts -- £24.55k (vs Woking, VNLS Playoff 1st Round, 8 May 2020) (previous record: £15.67K (vs Chelmsford, FAC4QR, 20 Oct 2018))

Average Attendance -- 852 (2020/21) (previous high: 791 (2020/21)

Biggest Win -- 5-0 (vs Eastbourne Boro, 22 Apr 2019)

Highest Scoring Game -- 6-4 (vs Concord, VNLS 11 Aug 2018)

Most Games won in a Row -- 6 (24 Oct-18 Nov 2020) (previous high: 4 (13-27 Aug 2019))

Most Games Lost in a Row -- 5 (23 Mar - 20 Apr 2019)

Most Games without Losing -- 10 (30 Jan - 3 Apr 2021) (Previous high: 8 (22 Apr-27 Aug 2019))

Most Games without Winning -- 7, (9 Mar - 20 Apr 2019)  (Previous high: )

Most games without conceding -- 2 (5 Sept - 8 Sept 2020) (Previous high: )

Most games without scoring -- 3 (28 Aug - 8 Sept 2018)

Gosport Borough FC -- Individual

Top Goalscorer -- Cameron Ebbut -- 38 (2020/21) (previous record: Cameron Ebbutt -- 29 (2020/21))

Top League Goalscorer -- Cameron Ebbut -- 33 (2020/21) (previous record: Cameron Ebbutt (2019/20))

Most Goals in a match -- Matt Mayes -- 3 (26 Jan 2019 vs Hendon) (Previous record: )

Most Cleansheets -- Nick Jordan -- 10 (2018/19) (previous record: )

Most Assists -- Cameron Ebbutt -- 12 (2020/21) (previous record: Matt Mayes -- 11 (2019/20))

Highest AvR -- Cameron Ebbutt -- 7.46 -- 41 app (2020/21) (Previous Record: Kaidyn Michael 7.26 (36 app) (2019/20))

Most Player of Match awards -- Cameron Ebbutt -- 10 (2020/21) (previous record: Cameron Ebbutt -- 6 (2019/20))

Most League goals for club -- Cameron Ebbutt* -- 62 (previous record -- Matt Mayes (35))

Most League Appearances for club -- Ousman Saidy (DC) -- 150* (previous record: Nick Jordan (GK) (88))

Youngest player -- Danny Mahon (WBR), 15y255d (previous record: )

Oldest player -- Jamie Brown (DM/MC), 37y244d (previous record: )

Youngest Goalscorer -- Josh Romain (ST), 15y317d (previous record: )

Oldest Goalscorer -- Sam Rents (DL), 33y271d (previous record: Alek Przespolewski (AMC/ST) 30y31d))

Fastest Goal -- Matt Mayes, 59 sec (3 Apr 2021 -- vs Poole)  (previous record: Matt Mayes, 1 minute 11 sec -- 25 Jan 2020 vs Chelmsford)

The Rest of England

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

Billericay, Dulwich Hamlet, Nuneaton, Chesham, Weymouth, Matlock

League Winners (promoted/relegated)

EPL Tottenham (Crystal Palace, Swansea, Brighton)

Championship Burnley (Burnley, Brentford, Aston Villa//Peterborough, Rotherham, Bradford City)

League One  Sheffield Utd (Sheffield United, Oxford, Scunthorpe  // Plymouth, Mansfield, Doncaster, Northampton)

League Two Hartlepool (Hartlepool, Grimsby, Yeovil, Crewe  // Rochdale, Morecambe)

Vanarama National Shrewsbury (Shrewsbury, Dag & Red // Accrington, Bognor Regis, Hampton & Richmond, Guiseley)

Vanarama North Chester (Chester, FC United // Hereford, Blyth, Learnington)

Vanarama South Gosport (Gosport, Chelmsford //  Havant & Waterlooville, Hendon, Whitehawk)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Man Utd (vs Everton)

Carabao Cup Arsenal (vs Liverpool)

Checkatrade Trophy Arsenal U23s (vs West Brom U23s)

English FA Trophy Leyton Orient (vs Tranmere)

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Man Utd, Man City, TOttenham, Chelsea, Arsenal

Champions League Best Placed Playoff:

Euro Cup Group Stage: Liverpool

Euro Cup Playoff:

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Southampton

Euro Cup 1st QR:

Continental Achievements

Chelsea -- Won European Super Cup (vs Arsenal)

Arsenal -- European Super Cub Runner up (vs Chelsea)

Man City  -- Eliminated from European Champions Cup Group Stage

Arsenal  -- Won Club World Championship (vs River)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from European Champions Cub Quarter Final  (By A. Madrid)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from European Champions Cup Quarter Final (By Man Utd)

West Ham -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (By Liverpool)

Leicester -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (By Man Utd)

Man City  -- Won Euro Cup (vs Liverpool)

Man Utd  -- Won European Champions Cup (vs Chelsea)

Extra detail

What's Next?

I'm hoping that with a few new signings I will be able to put forth a successful campaign and escape the VNL early.  Normally I want to hit league football within 4 seasons in this challenge --- but with all of the first season being run during the Beta (with the various problems associated (set piece problems???) it might take a 5th...but I've got a good foundation I think.  Immediate needs are a new DL and a starting GK, otherwise I'll just need some rotation options to fill in for players on their way out.  The big worry is finances....another £100K deficit and the board still hasn't shown signs of injecting any cash.  We did get a bit of a boost in wages for the coming season....but I'll be keeping well within the cap and trying to save some money.

Career Overview

Season      Team                 Division          League Position(Predicted)     FAT       FAC    JPT      LC      Euro     CL               

2018/19     Gosport Borough    Vanarama South               19(20)                4QR       3QR     -       -        -       -     

2019/20     Gosport Borough    Vanarama South                4(22)(P/O 2nd Semi)  4QR       4QR     -       -        -       -

2020/21     Gosport Borough    Vanarama South                1(20)                3QR       2R

@HighFlyingDwarf You can now update me on the leaderboard!

Dorking Wanderers - 2019-2020 - 7th Place - Lost in Semi-Finals of playoffs

rHveKPw.png

Well, season 2 is over.  My team was utterly incapable of attracting good talent so I had to rely on a lot of scouting, grabbing of free agents, and improved tactics.  Fortunately I found a set of tactics I like and behind the 40 goals of Matty Briggs, we put ourself in 8th place with one game to go.  We won the final game 6-1 and won the first playoff game 3-0.  But alas, it wasn't to be.  The final game was a disaster and the season ends.

This team definitely played over it's head.  With over 100 goals, we were the best team in the league at scoring...but we also allowed a paltry 87 goals.  I tried everything I could but could never get the defense sorted.

Moving onto season 3 and the goal is clearly to get promoted to the National League.  The hope is that our playoff run makes us an attractive place to play, and that some good players will make the difference.