dafuge's FM18 challenge

image.png.2b888b6435c94eb5248ecc9b3ca40baa.png

Staines 2020/21

Table | Squad | Transfers| Cups

Started the season by winning all the pre-season games and the first 4 league games scoring 17 goals including a 7-0 against Whitehawk.
Thereafter the team won a few and a lost a few but remained in the playoff spots all season. With 5 games to go the team lost 4 in a row including away to rivals Hampton and at home to Billericay. A 3-1 home win in the last game ensured the team made the playoffs.
In the playoff the team beat Billericay 2-0 at home and Hampton 2-0 away to face Woking the in the final. This was predictably settled 1-0 by a Worrall penalty (1 of 13 he scored).
In the cups it was so-so, in the FA cup the team comfortably saw off struggling L2 Lincoln but were outclasssed by L1 Bradford in the 2nd rd. In the FA trophy the team lost to Dulwich in the 1st Rd.
The match against Bradford brought in a bit of money to help the finances and the board putting in 120K after the screenshot meant the team finished out of the red.

The board increased the ground by 500  at the start of the season and again by 1250 at the end after promotion.

I started the season with promising young goalie Ward in goal but he left after 5 games, Walton got injured for 5 months so my youth goalie England played.
I strengthened the defence with 3  first teamer's coming in which really helped although they still had a lot of off games.
In midfield the pairing of Worrall and Klass helped by Miller-Rodney were once again fantastic.
Brown who played 35 games mostly as sub and Gardner who played 40 left before the last game of the season.
Up front the 3 of Zanzala, Buchanan and Pearce started on fire, but Buchanan's form fell off badly after xmas and Pearce was injured for the last 4 months. This meant i played some of the youth strikers with Plant doing particularly well.
Zanzala ended as top scored but will not sign a new contract.

Season    League            Position    FA Cup           FA Trophy              Achievements/Notes               
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama South    19th        3rd Q Round      3rd Q Round              Avoided relegation                            
2019/20   Vanarama South    13th        2nd Round 	 1st Round     		      None    
2020/21   Vanarama South    5th         2nd Round 	 1st Round     		    Promoted             

@HighFlyingDwarf

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, TheEarl said:

I feel you man, good luck with your next try.

For tactics maybe read some of the post of @XaW

Will be starting my new game tonight. Just a few questions before I load up my game.

When starting a new game what database setup you guys using? My last attempt was just all leagues in England. 

Thinking of doing all leagues in U.K. And Ireland next time. Does it make a difference if the league is playable or view only? how would this effect player pool and future regens? 

Should I throw in a few leagues from Europe? My pc can handle a few extra leagues and should these be view only or playable? If so what leagues would you recommend? 

Any other suggestions on the initial game setup that you guys use/reccomend? 

Really enjoyed my time at Whitby town before being sacked in season 3 so looking forward to trying again. Just want the best game set up to give me a better advantage long term. 

Thanks in advance 

6 hours ago, TheEarl said:

Finances: The club could spend nearly 1 million pounds for transfers, and 89k per week for wages. I spent only half of the wages and for transfers just moved some of it to scouting. The club lost money as always, but this season down to just 700k. The chairman then finished the season by putting in 2,1M pounds. 

@HighFlyingDwarf

Wow... I started my first fm18 save with afc Wimbledon and had less than half of your budget up in league 1. Definitely a budget to reach for the stars with. 

I'm at the opposite end of the scale with 'the gate'. No money, no staff and not even enough players for a starting 11. Still in pre season and trying to bring people in. Hopefully getting some friendly games under my belt and the first few games of the season sorted tonight. 

1 hour ago, PS-GamerNeil said:

Will be starting my new game tonight. Just a few questions before I load up my game.

When starting a new game what database setup you guys using? My last attempt was just all leagues in England. 

Thinking of doing all leagues in U.K. And Ireland next time. Does it make a difference if the league is playable or view only? how would this effect player pool and future regens? 

Should I throw in a few leagues from Europe? My pc can handle a few extra leagues and should these be view only or playable? If so what leagues would you recommend? 

Any other suggestions on the initial game setup that you guys use/reccomend? 

Really enjoyed my time at Whitby town before being sacked in season 3 so looking forward to trying again. Just want the best game set up to give me a better advantage long term. 

Thanks in advance 

Playable does make a difference in the number of regens.  For this I made UK & Ireland playable, since you'll probably be able to scout out players from the rest of the UK and Ireland fairly early on.  And depending on the Brexit you get that's where you'll be focusing almost exclusively until the very end of the challenge anyway.

And don't forget to include the leagues below VNN/VNS, obviously.

Season 2020/21 Review - Mickleover Sports in the Vanarama National League

League Table | Playoff | Season Review

Happy to see a strong first season after promotion. Less happy top drop from 2nd to 5th in the last two matches! But hey, considering we went through a mid-season slump of 6 losses in 8 matches and seem to be back to our old bad habits on set pieces, I'll certainly take it. The issue here is clearly defending; We're the highest-scoring team in the league but 67 conceded is not good enough. Some adjustments will be needed.

Playoff... I had a bad feeling the moment we drew Billericay who beat us twice in the regular season. Home advantage back at newly-renovated Mickleover Sports Ground helped, but they held strong and struck twice with long balls straight from defense to the lone striker. Game over. :(

Some good goals this season. This late equalizer was chosen as the Goal of the Season, though my personal favorite is either this cheeky piece of skill from Grayson or this fast-passing build-up through the middle. Either way, this is the one part of our play I'm really happy with!

Squad | Transfers

The attacking partnership continues: Powell won league top goalscorer and Grayson most assists. Fantastic results, but Powell is clearly the only forward who truly managed the step-up. Feeling pretty good about signing him on a three-year deal now!

Transfer-wise I decided to make relatively small changes mostly around the periphery of the squad. Aspinall would be the exception stepping right into goal, Tunnicliffe and Staunton provide depth in defense, Marsh gives me another pacy option up front, and last-season loanee Burrows was happy to sign as backup after Wrexham released him. Bradley didn't arrive until later in the season after spending some time unhappy at Kidderminster, though he doesn't seem happy in the roles I play him. Getting him going may just be one of the keys to improving for next year. Compared to the non-contract players I had to rotate in last year, it's all a big improvement!

On a less positive note, I'm falling out of love with Smith. He doesn't perform well enough as a TM and that Plays With Back To Goal PPMwhich he's failed to unlearn twice nowdoesn't suit the way we normally pass into space. His contract is expiring and I'm leaning towards not renewing.

Finances

The cash injections continue. The board doesn't even wait until we're in the red anymore. As I don't see them stopping, I'll consider us healthy for now!

Aim for next season: Top half. If we almost made 2nd with weaknesses I intend to address, it seems realistic enough.

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2020/21   Vanarama National   5th      Knocked out in Playoff 1st Rnd
2019/20   Vanarama North      2nd      Promoted via Playoffs
2018/19   Vanarama North      16th     -

Joining the challenge officially (after playing unofficially last version):

image.png.c5e8bf1b478c6125e1e5880754c7d988.png

I was looking for unusual and a club I had never tried and got Needham Market on the first holiday attempt- quite pleased to make a try with them actually.

Current players on the Needham Market roster that I will use in my preferred 442:

Gk- Danny Gay

DC- Sam Nunn

DR- Kieron Morphew 

ML- Jack Simmons

MR- Max Booth

DM/MC- Callum Harrison

MRL,SC- Jamie Griffiths

To bolster the squad the following additions:

DC- Emmanuel Omrore (he will pair with Nunn as main defensive stalwarts)

DL- Christian Navarro

MC- Cameron Wiltshire (my midfield general)

SC-  Charlie Cole

MLR- Prince M'vumbi

DRC- Tarriq Ossai

GK- Arthur Janata

Loanees for the season:

Jermaine Osei (Wealdstone)- 23 year old SC

Zhenyu He (Notts County)- 17 year old Chinese SC

Coden Duncan (Notts County) - 17 year old MC

We played  a heavy slate of friendlies to get ready for the season. I will post again once we hit mid-season.

5 minutes ago, dan_lcfc said:

Is there anything in particular you can do to get a certain team promoted? 

Ive done about 8 hours of reloading and reholidayed the first season twice to try and get Lancaster promoted

Save on June 24th, 2018, then you only have to sim one day each time you reload.

I'm using Lancaster, sorry I don't have a save file available at the start.

EDIT: looks like you were already doing that, sorry.  Re-holidaying shouldn't do anything.  It's just luck.

1 hour ago, dan_lcfc said:

Is there anything in particular you can do to get a certain team promoted? 

Ive done about 8 hours of reloading and reholidayed the first season twice to try and get Lancaster promoted

Not much. Club reputation changes ever so slightly during the year you spend on holiday, so you could keep an eye on the World > England > Clubs list to see if your desired team is shifting upwards or downwards. It will affect your chances of seeing them promoted ever so slightly.

I holiday to June 23rd, then holiday 1 day to the 24th, then save. That way when I reload the save the holidaying menu is already set to "1 day" and I can simply hit OK.

World > England > Overview > Season Summary is relatively quick to get to if your Holiday Man is English. There's no faster way to see who got promoted.

If I don't see one of the teams I want promoted, I hit Ctrl+Shift+R to immediately reload the June 24th save.

It's relatively quick to repeat the last day of holidaying this way, but finding a rare team is always going to be primarily about attrition. :/

I start a new holiday from the very beginning if I see no new teams for a couple of hours or so.

1 hour ago, Warhawk said:

Save on June 24th, 2018, then you only have to sim one day each time you reload.

I'm using Lancaster, sorry I don't have a save file available at the start.

EDIT: looks like you were already doing that, sorry.  Re-holidaying shouldn't do anything.  It's just luck.

27 minutes ago, Scab said:

Not much. Club reputation changes ever so slightly during the year you spend on holiday, so you could keep an eye on the World > England > Clubs list to see if your desired team is shifting upwards or downwards. It will affect your chances of seeing them promoted ever so slightly.

I holiday to June 23rd, then holiday 1 day to the 24th, then save. That way when I reload the save the holidaying menu is already set to "1 day" and I can simply hit OK.

World > England > Overview > Season Summary is relatively quick to get to if your Holiday Man is English. There's no faster way to see who got promoted.

If I don't see one of the teams I want promoted, I hit Ctrl+Shift+R to immediately reload the June 24th save.

It's relatively quick to repeat the last day of holidaying this way, but finding a rare team is always going to be primarily about attrition. :/

I start a new holiday from the very beginning if I see no new teams for a couple of hours or so.

Thank you both, Ive given up for now, I bought the game on Sunday and I havent actually played it yet so Ive started with Lowestoft

Is it normal to only have an under 18s side and no reserves/U23s?

Well first season with Buxton didn't go exactly to plan. Relegated and sacked with 2 games left in the season. Definitely underestimated how tough the first season would be. 

Managed to break a record and let in 100 goals throughout the year, safe to say I know what to focus on with new signings next time

Sacking.png

Will be Restarting Challenge.  (Chosen Stourbridge. Hoping to improve on the last attempt)

5a0e1f63d293a_ScreenShot2017-11-16at23_27_44.thumb.png.262f159068f4f5153bc0e7abceac544f.png

8 minutes ago, Warhawk said:

Apparently it's normal for Lowestoft, since I just checked and they don't have a U23 squad in my game, and they're in VNN with me.

Looking through the teams there seems to be a number in both VNN/VNS and the VNC. Perhaps there will be an option later on to set one up when finances are better. 

1 minute ago, dan_lcfc said:

Looking through the teams there seems to be a number in both VNN/VNS and the VNC. Perhaps there will be an option later on to set one up when finances are better. 

In previous fm versions i have seen that option where there was no reserve side, it may depend on the level you are at rather than finances.

4 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

In previous fm versions i have seen that option where there was no reserve side, it may depend on the level you are at rather than finances.

There are teams with U23 sides in all of the divisions, just not all of them. I remember always being asked if I wanted to field a reserve side every year but I always said yes. Cant say I noticed what other clubs were doing with theirs. 

Wow, York started off 19-11-2 and had a good 10-point lead for most of the season, with one game to go they're on a 2-1-6 run and just gave up 1st place for the first time since mid-November (and they had also led from late August to early October).  We're sitting in 6th at 65 points, between us, FC United (64) and Gainsborough (63) for the last 2 playoff spots.  Unfortunately I have an away game at Boston Utd who are the new leaders.  And have won 7 straight.

EDIT: Well, we got our butts kicked, but Gainsborough lost to 3rd place Blyth, so we're in the playoffs.  York lost AGAIN.  By 3.  To 11th-place FC Halifax.

So after the two and a half seasons at Whitby town that was ended by being sacked by the board, I have restarted the challenge with all UK and Ireland leagues loaded this time.
I have learned a lot about the struggles that I went through at Whitby Town and I am hoping to learn from my mistakes to do much better in the second attempt with a new club.

I can now announce that Alessandro Lorenzo is the new manager of.... Marine :cool:

Fm1.thumb.png.c7354af4b0134aa5e45631ae6ee03798.png

Full opening post to follow.

5pmMB7S.png

Lancaster City

Vanarama National League North 2018-2019

Year-End Update

Calendar

HFHL5agm.jpg     jIF1X5Ym.jpg

Competitions

Vanarama National League North

We signed a whole bunch of players to try to get the first team in shape for the VNN, to some mixed results.  We were fairly successful putting together a group of strikers (Jeremiah Dasaolu, William Dunne, and Bailey Whalley) who, though individually inconsistent, took turns showing up with strong games.  Dunne scored 26 times, Dasaolu 23 (along with 12 assists), and Whalley 19.  We also brought in Adam Boyes on loan early in 2019, which was useful because I spend most of the second half of the season with one of them injured, and Boyes contributed 12 goals and 6 assists.  My existing midfield was reasonably strong, and while several signees contributed, clearly the biggest addition was left midfielder Bailey Prudhoe.  Our defensive additions were less effective, most notably left and right backs Jordan Mills and Tylor Gordon, who were both very disappointing.  Rob Henry and Adam Sumner, the incumbent players at that position, ended up starting most of our games, and were at least somewhat more serviceable.  Alex Kitchen was a very good signing at center back, but Kyle Clarke took a long time to get settled, Tom Hilton played horribly and is on my U23 squad, and late-season addition Oran Thompson didn't exactly light the world on fire (though he was good enough to stick in the rotation at least).  We did take on a couple loanee defenders but their performance didn't constitute an upgrade so I eventually terminated their loans.

After a brief slow start putting us at 0-2-1 we performed reasonably well for most of the first half of our schedule.  Strangely, after our third match we went on a nearly 5-month stretch without a draw, going 12-0-7 in the league in that span.  The second half was more streaky, with a poor stretch in mid-January into February and another poor stretch in mid-to-late March interrupted by a 3-0-1 stretch in February and a 3-2-0 month of April.  Our highest position was 4th at several points in September and October, while our lowest position after the month of August was 11th.  From mid-February to the end of the season we were never higher than 6th or lower than 7th, though we vacillated between being closer to the teams ahead of us and closer to the teams behind us.

Despite losing our last 2 matches we backed into the playoffs in the last spot, where we unfortunately couldn't get much going in our match at Nuneaton and lost 1-0.

Final Table

3ncEEWPm.jpg

FA Cup

Our run in the FA cup was no doubt the highlight of our season.  We kicked things off with a strong 4-0 win home against Shaw Lane, followed by a poor performance in a 1-0 win at home against Needham Market.  In the Fourth Qualifying Round we drew Woking at home (who are being demoted from the National League), winning 4-1 in a match that was probably a bit closer than the score.  We followed that up with a televised home match against Torquay (who narrowly avoided relegation from the VNL themselves) which we won 2-1 in an almost perfectly even match, with each team accumulating the same number of shots, shots on target, fouls, and yellow cards, and only very slight differences in possession and passing rate.  Another relatively even match at home against Blyth in the Second Round finished with a 3-1 win for us, before we drew an away game at PL-squad Burnley in the Third Round.  While they were clearly the better team, I was not entirely unhappy with a 2-0 loss.  For our efforts, we were recognized as the competition's biggest overachievers.

FA Trophy

Our FA trophy run was a bit shorter than our FA cup run, but still successful.  We scored 4 goals in each of our first 3 games, against Norwich Utd, rivals Chorley, and Wingate & Finchley.  In the Third Round we ran into a pretty good VNL team in Guiseley and lost 2-1 in extra time.

Squad & Awards

jCgLwIkm.jpg

William Dunne missed over 10 weeks and only had 3 goals in 2019 and still ended up as our top goalscorer and our player of the season, having accumulated 23 goals prior to his first long-term injury in December.  Other than that our injuries were pretty spread around, with most of our strikers and midfielders missing 3 or 4 weeks at some point, though usually not at the same time.  Though his injuries left him only 9th in the league standings for goals scores, Dunne did have the lowest minutes per goal.  Alex Kitchen proved to be a successful defender, accumulating the fifth most tackles per game, fourth most key tackles, third most key headers, second most interceptions made, and most shots blocked.  Unfortunately, our goalkeeper, Cheetham, allowed the most goals - that said, he also had the most saves held and the fourth most saves parries, so I don't particularly blame him.

Statistically, as a team, we scored the 4th most goals with 80, but allowed the second most with 74.  Our possession and pass completion ratio were near the bottom of the league, but we had the highest percentage of shots on target and were fairly successful on our cross and corner attempts.  We did not defense set pieces well, but one thing we did do was tackle successfully a high percentage of the time (4th in the league).

Our players (and myself as well) received a variety of awards, listed below.

Fans' & Manager's Player of the Season: William Dunne

Fans' & Manager's Signing of the Season: William Dunne

Fans' & Manager's Young Player of the Season: William Dunne

October Player of the Month (Jeremiah Dasaolu)

November Player of the Month (William Dunne)

Third Place for Manager of the Month (April)

Manager of the Season

State of the Club

po2gF94m.jpg

From a financial perspective, the club had a loss of approximately $86,000 last season, mostly because I spent way too much on scouting.  We have been given a slightly increased payroll budget of $5,730 per week (approximately $1,500 higher than last season) which, combined with several players who we re-signed to less expensive non-contract deals, will give us room to make any necessary acquisitions.  I plan to let Rob Henry (who is also the assistant coach, and not particularly good at the job), Adam Sumner, and possibly Jordan Mills, all fullbacks, leave at the end of the season and prioritize those positions in my signings for next year.  The increased payroll budget has allowed me to re-sign Sam Bailey, arguably my best non-striker, whose demands were previously too high compared to the maximum contract I was able to offer for us to come to an agreement.  I'm considering keeping Chris Cheetham in goal but would like to look at the market, and I may see if Adam Boyes (who is transfer listed with an expiring contract) may be a realistic option.  I do have some players who seem to have good potential in my youth squads and may consider whether to bring one or more of them up.

The board has announced plans to build a new stadium, as our current stadium, Giant Axe, is apparently old and has high maintenance costs.

At the end of the season, I completed my National B license.

Our average attendance for the season was 397, last in the league.  Our best attendance at a home game was our televised FA Cup game against Torquay with over 1,200 in attendance, and we had over 1,000 traveling fans for our FA Cup game at Burnley.

My goals for the upcoming season are as follows:

• Make Playoffs
  • Reach the FA Cup 1st Round.
  • Reach the FA Trophy 2nd Round.

Season	 League			Finish  Achievements
2017-18	 Vanarama  North	7th     Playoffs

40 minutes ago, The Art of Drowning said:

Started as Dulwich last night, will get some screenshots up later but I've been able to sign players far too good for this level including Kylian Hazard (Eden's brother).  Simen Møller at Biggleswade United looks like an amazing player for the level too, says he is a good League Two player.

Lol, took a look at Møller didn't know he was in the game. He is a Premier League commentator for Norwegian TV2. He played a few months for Biggleswade, making a documentary for the channel. He should never be that good. I think he played some decent football in the past, but he quit focusing on football.

16 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Lol, took a look at Møller didn't know he was in the game. He is a Premier League commentator for Norwegian TV2. He played a few months for Biggleswade, making a documentary for the channel. He should never be that good. I think he played some decent football in the past, but he quit focusing on football.

Yeah was just reading that on his wiki, he was a similar standard on FM17 too.  Interesting setup at Biggleswade United by the looks of things, they have Guilleme Balague as Director of Football.

Rushallolympicfc.png

Rushall Olympic FC

My first attempt at this challenge starting at this moment, and hopefully I can bring glory to Rushall Olympic in the coming years. The club is semi-professional and newly promoted to Vanarama National League North. Founded 125 years ago, I really hope to give them a worthy celebration. The home ground is Dales Lane in Walsall, with a capacity of 2500.

Manager profile

Let the journey begin!

Dulwichhamlet.thumb.png.6ac8a46bcf38a80ce7513ab91d5e2c47.png

2019-20 - Vanarama National

As per previous post - am doing the youth academy challenge....

An incredible 2nd season, a late season collapse nearly cost me a spot in the play offs, but when I snuck into 7th I didn't look back and as goals rained in I managed to win the play offs quite incredibly!

Yet again Faal was player of the season - 35 goals, and an incredible 37 assists!

Facilities are much improved as I can't sign anyone - link. And here is the League Table, and my Squad Overview

Onwards into League 2, with no signings....!

Season  |  League   | Pos.  |  FA Cup  |  CL      |   EL       |  Top scorer        |  Top assists        |    Top rating        | Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19 |  Van Sth  |  1    |  4Q      |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Faal (37)         |  Benson/Faal (19)   |    Faal (7.54)       | Promoted
2019/20 |  Van Ntl  |  7    |  1       |  n/a     |  n/a       |  Faal (35)         |  Faal (37)          |    Faal (7.67)       | Promoted	

jv81c8D.jpg

Ashton United - Vanarama League North - 2018/2019

Schedule

IkvoV5l.pngcotTU2K.png33P7Yax.png

League

Finished 15th after a struggling for a win after Christmas, probably could have done much better.

Cups

Got to the 2nd round of the FA cup and beat a League 2 side which was decent. Only made the 2nd round of the FA trophy.

Squad

ABNq1DM.png

Squad -  need to get rid of quite a few and find some better wingers for sure.

Liam Tomsett - Best player for me with 10 goals and 7 assists from Central Midfield.

Harry Waterhouse - He was signed by my DoF and scored 23 goals in 43 games which isnt bad.

Finances

BWjkc7K.png

50k loss over the season

New Stadium

9AhCT97.png

Board plan to build a new stadium as the current maintenance costs are too high.

Next Season: I Think i can actually go for play-off spots with a couple of better players

ALT_zpsmqwrqghe.jpg

League - Squad - Dynamics - Transfers - Finances - Review

The arrival of Harry Limb to bring much needed pace to The Robins attack was the first signals of change at Moss Lane following the clubs first season in the National League . The diminutive striker immediately clicked with wide Target man Jordan Greenidge latching onto several flickon's and unlocking defences . Irish Midfielder Sam Sheridan undertook a more holding role in the middle of the park as the club seeked to shore up a defense which proved quite leaky at times last season.  The Alterations appeared to work as the season started quite brightly with The Robins maintaining a playoff spot through the Christmas fixtures but it was pretty obvious there was a pretty large gap between leaders Ebbsfleet , Tranmere and the rest. As the season wore on Ebbsfleet challenge began to whittle away and Orient emerged as a force following a poor start . In the end Tranmere won the division at a canter and returned to football league status at the first time of asking

In the playoffs  Orient saw off Morecambe and Boston beat Sutton . A semi final win over The Pilgrims came at a price with Greenidge carried off and deemed out of the final .  Orient went the distance against Ebbsfleet winning on penalties to book their spot at Wembley.  Similar to last seasons FA Trophy Final defeat , Altrincham completely froze under the big occasion and were dominated by a rampant  Orient . Another year in the national league awaits . Didn't pay much attention to cups this season following defeat to Wycombe Wanderers in round 1 of The FA Cup.

Changes next season ,  Keeper George Shelvey will be departing as he as agreed to join Falkirk , and midfielder Jake Moult is calling it a day so these are areas where we will look to bring in new additions.  The club remains semi-professional for the foreseeable. 

cham6_zpsbg0ucegy.jpg

So.. 2nd attempt at challenge went down the pan quicker than the first attempt (just over half way through the season) , struggling to find the calibre of players required to succeed in the league, defending seems to keep letting me down. Constantly concede from crosses. So once again I'm restarting the challenge, this time as Margate. They have a slightly higher reputation than the previous two teams iv attempted it with so fingers crossed I can get a team that is pretty solid at the back to give a solid base to build on.

5a0f9a4d0168f_ScreenShot2017-11-18at02_06_08.thumb.png.31a99e1780fdee2e910829ce0c54ded3.png5a0f9ab0ed00f_ScreenShot2017-11-18at02_22_38.thumb.png.e0c18542d91d514d038655c54ce9a3b2.png

EEcnpLv.jpg

League Table | Squad | Transfers

First season in the Championship has been a lot tougher than we'd expected. Though we had 1mil+ transfer budget and a 600k wage budget, our low rep meant noone really wanted to join us. Once again I had to rely on loans to make up the main bulk of my team - and that didn't work here. I already knew the opponent's attack would be a lot tougher to counter in this league, but what I hadn't taken into consideration was that maybe (just maybe) my defense is actually too low quality. 

My rep won't go up fast enough, I can't expand my stadium (new one is still being built) and I definitely won't get big bumps in transfer/wage budgets - that leaves me with only 1 option, and that's to rely on youth. So I've decided to upgrade youth, and concentrate on that for now. A 19th place finish is by no means bad, but I was hoping for mid-table, and that's what my aim is for next season. 

Brief summary for this season, not much happened, didn't really achieve any goals. Next season should be different. 

On 11/16/2017 at 21:22, dan_lcfc said:

Thank you both, Ive given up for now, I bought the game on Sunday and I havent actually played it yet so Ive started with Lowestoft

Is it normal to only have an under 18s side and no reserves/U23s?

The last 2 years I've been reloading for about 2 IRL weeks, before getting the team I wanted. So hang in there mate :)

Won the title quite easily with Dulwich Hamlet in my first season, mainly thanks to being able to sign players far too good for this level.  Don't think we are tactically great or anything, play quite a lot of hoofball to be honest.  Made it all the way to the FA Cup 2nd round before losing 2-0 at home to Scunthorpe, had a healthy £250k in the bank at the end of the season before the board deciding splashing the cash on a new stadium!  We are now £650k in debt :D

League Table

Transfers (1)

Transfers (2)

Kylian Hazard

Diego De Girolamo

Billy Clifford

Simen Moller

Temporary New Home

Full Time

Permanent New Stadium

Marine_F.C.logo.png

Marine - Season 1 (18/19)

Fm1.thumb.png.781a20f3cbe5718333247a352db70984.png

So after a couple of reloads (more like 20) I managed to get the club I was looking for.. Marine A.F.C. This club is the most local of teams of all that was available in this challenge and I am looking forward to the save. After failing my first attempt with Whitby Town I can now use the lessons I learned from that save and hopefully last longer then the two and a half seasons. Started the game with all the rules as regulations from the opening post with all leagues from UK and Ireland loaded.

Manager Profile

Profile.thumb.png.76e2710b830fb1d5407c9b7525ffc672.png

Pre season Preparations:
First job as taking over the club was to sort out the staff. The only two current staff we had at the club have both been sacked (sorry guys) and I have filled the backroom staff. A new assistant manager was the first new member to come in as we appointed Rob Saunders into the position. Some coaches and medical team came in next. We then signed an u18 Manager and u18 coach for the youth team and finally we asked the board for a Data analyst and a sports scientist. The board agreed to the Data analyst but wasn't to happy when i asked for a sports scientist so said no. The board did however agree to send me on my first coaching course to achieve my National Level C license.

Staff Changes

5a10192b1edf1_StaffChanges.thumb.png.f86a802ebfb49ca21f0510bb31629a99.png

We signed a few quality players to strengthen the team key positions. Mainly focusing on the defense as we signed 2 new center backs (Josh Nearney & Brad Duxbury) and a right back (Elliot Legg). We brought in a new striker (Lee Hetherington) and picked up the very versatile Liam Canavan who can play MC, AMC and at striker if needed. We will be lining up this season in a narrow 4-3-3 formation. 3 flat Midfielders and 3 Flat strikers. We are also training a basic flat 4-4-2 in case things don't go to plan. We are at the first game of the season (11 August 2018) and we still have a little of the wage budget left so more players could come in to reinforce the team. We have yet to sign any loan players for the season so that is something we will look into once I have assessed the team and see what we are lacking.

Transfers In

Transfers.thumb.png.e4e0fdef71b114278bd1d1bfa6ec8823.png

Targets for the season:
We have been predicted to finish all the way down in 18th position and I would take that come the end of the season. I just want to stay up this year then build for next season. The clubs finances are dire. We have just £5,900 in the bank and our projected come the end of the season in -£361,000 so I don't know what I am going to do to help that. A decent cup run in the FA cup is the only thing I can see saving our bank balance at this level.

Media Prediction

Prediction.png

:lol: Lets get this party Started! :lol:

9 minutes ago, The Art of Drowning said:

No idea!  I think most of them wouldn't join at first but then as time went on and they still had no club then they warmed to the idea if I promised them promotion.  Not complaining either way.

Ive shortlisted them so will keep my eye on them :) thanks

Players requirements drop a lot over time. 

I am with Barwell and initially DAn Darbyshire was asking a lot to join but eventually he signed for a quarter of the initial demands.

Also I am finding it easier to sign other better players as the season progresses. 

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Players requirements drop a lot over time. 

I am with Barwell and initially DAn Darbyshire was asking a lot to join but eventually he signed for a quarter of the initial demands.

Also I am finding it easier to sign other better players as the season progresses. 

Yeah all about the lump it long, got all of my back line on the most linited defensive roles.  Up to the others to create magic.

Burgess Hill Town
Season Update 2020/21
Burgess Hill Town F.C. logo.png
Vanarama National
Final Position 1st

Squad - Dynamics - Table - Transfers - Finances - Profile - Review - Conf Review - Injuries

Initial expectation from majority of the players was reaching the play-offs. Following what I usually do and try to sign young PRM rejects we finished as winners. Season was determined in the second last game, where we played Wycombe home. As the title felt secured being up 2-1 at 90 mins - it suddenly turned interesting as they scored in the 93rd min. The game felt going on forever and a 95th min goal to use, saw us grabbing the title

Kept playing with the same tactic, with a few role changes in the defense. Also created a new tactic for games where current formation didn't really work. It can use the same players, but still needs some fine tuning.

Wycombe did get their revenge in the following big match, as we made it to the finals in the FAT, but lost 3-1.

The Cups.

The FA was a great experience, where we eventually lost in the 4th round to Swansea. The 3rd round should have been our exit, but we drew 23rd placed CH Charlton and got away with a 1-1 away. The replay (where the bookies had us favorites) saw us win 4-1 at home, and Charlton was in 24th - a position they kept throughout the season, until finally relegation. The Swansea game (though deserved) was really close going our way. Up 1-0 at home until a late equaliser in the 86th minute. Replay could have gone both ways, as it was a close affair all the way, but Swansea pulled the longest straw, as they scored in the 88th minute. We put up amazing fights, but it was quite fair we didn't progress.

Board agreed to tons of great things this season: Upgrading youth level twice! Upgrading training and youth training facilities. And also with upcoming L2 the possibility of going PRO status (though i do hope the date is wrong?!) Finally a few more seats for next season.

A few noteworthty players of the season:

GK Branislav Pindroch - A bargain purchase of 3.3k from Notts County. Looks great for this level.

DC Sam Fogden - A Liverpool reject with great stats.

DM Ian Manning - A Tottenham reject. Amazing stats and playing really well as DM. I really love this new inclusion to the FM series.

MC Adam Hibbert - A Chelsea reject. Good stats and a consistent performer.

IFR Andy Ryland - A West Ham reject. Great stats for his role and solid at goalscoring and assists. Andy was also rewarded with player of the year.

IFL Josh Lovett - Had to mention him, as he is a Burgess Hill regen from season 1! Close to Ryland in terms of goals and assists.

AF Leon Beadle - Also a West Ham reject. Top scorer with 34 goals and 12 assists. Really good for the current level.

Sale of the Season - Tyrese Dyce to Cardiff for 52k including a ton of extra thingies.

Defenders R/L is currently the teams weak point, and many of the conceded goals came from those areas, as well as from free kicks. Next years aim is to improve defense and try to hold on to the current key players.

Season          League            Position           FA Cup              FA Trophy               Carabao Cup         Euro        
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South    2nd                2nd  round          Winner                  NA                  NA
2019/20         Vanarama South    1st                3rd round           2nd round               NA                  NA
2019/20         Vanarama National 1st                4th round           Final                   NA                  NA

Archived