Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM18 challenge

And so begins the reign of Dangly McBalls in the English football leagues! 

4lrg8Ol.jpg

Oops complete collapse in form defenders unable to defend - midfield can't pass - strikers can't hit the back of the net :)

That's it I'm done for a while,

1st game since the go live got cuffed 5-1 by Torquay Utd we both had 5 shots on target.

I'm now in shock - actually got a win :)

Edited by Swindon69

cham2_zpsbxyaqaja.jpg

League  -  SquadDynamicsTransfers  - Finances

Whilst never up to the standards of the top three Altrincham enjoyed a successful season within the Vanarama National North . A lethal front three combined with a porous defense meant fans were never short of entertainment at Moss Lane. Central Striker and link up man James Poole  lead the league in several categories and the maintaining of his services will be vital in the quest for promotion next season.  In the playoffs Altrincham defeated Blyth Spartans before losing out to Alfreton Town in the semi final. In the Cup there were wins over Atherton Colleries and Leek Town before a shock home defeat to Harrogate Town in the 4th Qualifying Round.  The FA Trophy was an example that we don't have a squad good enough to rest players even in opening rounds.

Plans for next season is to keep things as their are though replace 3 members of my back 4 ,  Questions marks over my keeper but it will depend on whats available

Elsewhere in Football , Man United obtained 100 points to secure their second successive title also winning Champions League ,  Chelsea beat Watford 1-0 to win the Carabao Cup and Tottenham denied Man United the treble claiming the FA Cup

cham1_zpsy6ibqftp.jpg

Edited by Kaiserwatman

And so it begins... I have reloaded and reloaded to see who come first... Whitby or Marine.... and the winner is......

17 Reloads and we finally get our club.. Proud to Announce Alessandro Lorenzo as the new manager of Whitby Town FC.

Full introduction to follow. Just need to pack my suitcase and put my house on the market because we are off to North Yorkshire!

Fm1.png

NEW-web-icon.png

Whitby Town FC

Manager Background:

Alessandro Lorenzo was born in Liverpool on 22-Dec-1983 and has grown up supporting Liverpool FC. The 34 year old has been locked away in his bedroom playing virtual management sims for over 20 years and all that hard work and mouse clicking has paid off after today he was announced the manager of Whitby Town FC. After sending in a CV to the club for the position of 'Reserve Team kit Manager', the club asked him to attend an interview for the position of first team manager after seeing his past experience playing Football Manager and decided to take a chance on the unknown 34 year old.

The club chairman Graham Manser today announced that Lorenzo would be taking over with immediate effect following the clubs promotion to the Vanarama National League North for the 2018/2019 season. Only after this appointment that some rumors about Lorenzo being the only candidate to turn up for the interview after the other 3 candidates all came down with a mystery illness just hours before the interview process. Lorenzo has officially signed one year contract on £375 per week.

Club Overview:

Whitby town FC are a Semi-Professional club based in North Yorkshire. They play there football at the Turnball Ground that has a capacity of 2,680 but only 622 of those are seated. The club's colors are somewhat distinct in English Football and are intentionally similar to Italian side Sampdoria, wearing a blue shirt with a touch of white, black and red.

Founded in 1880, Whitby are one of the oldest clubs from the North Riding of Yorkshire, the club has spent their entire history in the amateur and semi-professional leagues, though they have reached the second round of the FA Cup in both 1984 and 1986. Whitby's rivals include: Blyth Spartans, Scarborough, Guisborough and Whitley bay. The club charge just £10 a ticket and you can pick up a season ticket for just £143. The club has £30,000 in the bank but no debts or loans to note.

First Impressions:

My first impressions of the team is that we only have 6 players on part time contracts and the other 12 players are on a pay per game rolling contract. 18 players in the first team and the under 18's is non existent right now. We do have some good looking players to build the team around including: Former Middlesbrough players GK - Shane Bland (23) and Left Winger - Cameron Park (25), Former Doncaster Rovers DC - Ben Askins (22) . We will defiantly need to bring in some players as we don't have any decent DR or DL in the club and we lack that quality in the center of midfield. But with a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £4,000 (£2,300 Remaining) we will need to be wise about our transfers and bring in players to give the squad some depth and strength in numbers.

Season One Targets:

Strengthen the team in key areas, Finish above the relegation zone (Predicted 22nd), Sign a new extended contract at the club and bring some money into the bank via friendlies.

Fm1.png

Edited by PS-GamerNeil

So, It's 1:30am but by-god I've done it....

Logo

THURROCK FC

Profile | Squad

There's at least SOMETHING to work with in that squad, lots of tweaking and tactics and a staff overhaul to come. I do realise I've jumped in right at the deep end here, but I'm up for a solid challenge on this years game. I think I'll be doing a few days solid work on a tactic (as I'm not the greatest in that area) and fitness coaching. After that I'll follow a few of the tips I've picked up in this thread and see how the first season goes. 

After sleep.

As a final point, here's the inspiration for me starting with The Fleet - my visit in August this year. Immaculate pitch, great football and a good bar. :)

rSqUanQ.jpg

With full release I'm heading straight to my main save so Stalybridge are now on Hiatus. Hope everyone has a blast with this though and will definitely be watching how you guys get on :)

With release I'll be updating my thread in page one with another batch of release saves....so if  you're looking for a specific team and don't want to holiday forever for it, you might check to see if I've found them!

Also this is a good spot to remind everyone of our steam community group....usually a few of us in the chat at any time...drop in and let us know how you're getting along in the challenge, talk about FM, or games in general!  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dafugechallenge

And on a personal note...check out my newly affiliated twitch.tv/Castinar channel for some live FM2018 over the course of the next few weeks.  Live commentary on full matches....so don't expect quick progress through any given season!

Good luck and happy release day everybody!

Been a while since I last tried this challenge I think. Anyway, just took over Tonbridge, The Angels. Yes, I took over the club just because of their nickname. I'm weird like that. It's either nice logo, cool uniform or cool nickname for me.

hqyoqGo.jpg

Tonbridge Angels

Geraint Alacarde has just been hired as the new manager of Tonbridge Angels. The team plays their home games at Longmead Stadium.

The transfer budget is £0, while the wage budget is £3.572k, and current wages are £1,266 p/w. So looks like I have to dig through the alleys for free transfers.

will post a proper update shortly but 1st Season as Weymouth and a respectable 16th.

EEcnpLv.jpg

Interesting times in Northamptonshire, Marcus Law was was sacked and virtual unknown, yankee Dangly McBalls was given the job. His introduction to the team was less than stable, players wanted to leave en-mass, the fans were unsure about him and no one wanted to join the team. Thus begins the American's journey on a tough note. 

League Table | Squad | Transfers | Dynamics | Finances 

Season 1 Target

Dangly McBalls was sure of himself even though others doubted him, from the beginning he had said his aim was to firmly place Kettering FC in mid-table, and depending on incoming transfers he'd push the team towards a play-off place. He absolutely underestimated how tough it was going to be to recruit players to fulfill his vision. Having to contend with free players for the most part (finding no takers from decent loanees), he at one point was willing to concede a mid-to-low table finish as beating expectations. 

That was before the fiery team meeting he had in January 2019. With the team languishing at 16th position he went all out, sparing no one. In the process he lost some support from influential team members, but gained significant support from the Board (who rewarded him with a new contract) AND fringe players, who then went on to string together a good run of form which ended with them just missing out a play-off position by 1 point. 

"Our target for this season was to maintain our position in this league, and maybe push for promotion. I strongly believe we did much better than many had thought we could, and with 1 whole season under my belt I can now start to put out teams I am comfortable with. The players are starting to play according to my vision for the team, and this will hopefully mean positive results for the upcoming season" - Dangly McBalls

Edited by JadaX

On 27/10/2017 at 06:56, G_D_K said:

It might be temporary, as I might find a team I'm more interested in when I do my release-day set of saves...but for now I'll give it a start.

Gosport Borough have taken the chance at hiring an American with ties back to England but with little playing or managerial experience:  51 yo Galen Kantz

Time will tell if the board has made a wise move.

Gosport start with 13 senior players (3 of which are goalkeepers), no U18 players.  3 coaches (inc. 2 GK coaches) and the AssMan are all on expired contracts --- and none wish to remain with the newly promoted club.  The team also has 0 scouts and 0 physios.

The 4,500 capacity stadium seats 800, but was built in 1944 and is showing signs of it's age.  The team has basic corporate facilities, Poor training and youth facilities, a youth level of 0, Fairly Basic junior coaching and limited youth recruitment facilities.

Let's hope that the chariman, who is enjoying times at the club and intends on being around for a long time, has quite a bit of patience!

On a positive note, we've got some wage budget room (spending £636/wk out of £3125/wk allowed), although we have 0 transfer budget.  We also have an affiliation with rival neighbor Portsmouth...so perhaps we will be able to pick up some loanees as the season progresses.

On the schedule, the Oct. 27th meeting with fierce rival Havant & Waterlooville is the date to mark on the calendar!

I'll need to have a dig in the editor for some of that.  Gosport have a decent youth setup for the level.  Plus Privett Park has a capacity of 5000

Image result for weymouth fc

Weymouth FC - 2018-2019

Not a particular exciting season but a steady one to build from. Outside of a few wobbles sat at 16th for pretty much the entire season. Cup wise we where knocked out in both the FA cup and the FA trophy by Woking. 4th Qualifying round and 1st round respectively.

All of this performance was pretty reliant on Loan  performances with both my top goal scorer and highest average rating being on loan players.

Top Goal scorer - Jack Sell

Highest Average rating - Cameron Sangstar

Squad

End of Season Confidence

League Table League Overview

Season Review

End of Season Awards

Edited by jsar

As an aside for anyone looking at this.  Gosport Borough are currently playing shockingly abysmally with the worst record in the top 8 levels of English football.  

I'll be taking them on soon. 

Just ran another test on the scouting costs. 1 player cost £880 to full knowledge. no packages, nothing. just that one assignment. This was on the full release. i cant start this challenge with scouting costs like that. Im a bit dissapointed really

7 hours ago, G_D_K said:

With release I'll be updating my thread in page one with another batch of release saves....so if  you're looking for a specific team and don't want to holiday forever for it, you might check to see if I've found them!

Also this is a good spot to remind everyone of our steam community group....usually a few of us in the chat at any time...drop in and let us know how you're getting along in the challenge, talk about FM, or games in general!  http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dafugechallenge

And on a personal note...check out my newly affiliated twitch.tv/Castinar channel for some live FM2018 over the course of the next few weeks.  Live commentary on full matches....so don't expect quick progress through any given season!

Good luck and happy release day everybody!

I just want to highlight this group again. It sometimes can be a bit quiet but usually we have lots of fun and a lot of talk about teams, players, tactics etc.

So please join (and ignore the 12 in the name ;))

Wilbur Sherard Kenway-Chester has taken over as Manager of the newly promoted Barwell Football Club

Barwell is somewhere between Birmingham and Leicester and plays at the Kirkby Road ground.

32 minutes ago, saints94 said:

Does anyone have a Weymouth Save at all?

I think one was talked about in this thread a while ago, go back through the pages and there might be a way of getting one.

1 hour ago, saints94 said:

Check the first couple of posts. There is usually one with a bunch of saves.

17 minutes ago, MikaelS said:

Check the first couple of posts. There is usually one with a bunch of saves.

Sadly, I've only got 39 of the 72 teams hosted on the first page...Weymouth not one of them.  I'll continue posting some more saves over the coming couple weeks...goal is to make 75% of the challenge teams available to those interested in some of the more rare teams.  

Been reading all your saves all day in work going to join the challenge tonite and hopefully have a team set up for Saturday morning . 

Only ever managed to get annan from scotland to the spl but never in England hopefully pick up some tips in here along the way 

confetti-celebration-banner-colorful-red

EEcnpLv.jpg

Squad | Transfers | League Table 

iqr9Yvq.jpg

In what can only be described as an amazeballs promotion campaign, Dangly McBalls bamboozled everyone by pushing Kettering Town FC into the promotion. Fans and club officials were equally flabbergasted at the great turn of events since the dashing American manager took over. 

"Can't believe we're going up. Dangly McBalls has huge balls innit!" - Random Kettering fan

"PLZ HAVE MY BABY YOU SEXY BEAST" - Screamed a female supporter

This journalist caught up with the manager after his players were done dunking buckets of koolaid on him. McBalls was asked about his feelings, and his future thoughts. 

"I'll be honest with you man, we weren't expecting this at all. The team remained basically the same this season, but I tried to bring in some defensive support since I felt we let in too many goals last season, and that seems to have done the trick. Our strikers gelled, but then again they'd done that last season with 100+ goals. The difference was the 30odd less goals we let in this season, and that coupled with my continued demands on the boys to adhere to my philosophies on the pitch brought about this positive result. 

We will celebrate for the next few weeks, but come August I expect we'll be back to business. The Vanarama National League is whole different level and I'll have to reassess this team from top to bottom if we're to survive with the big boys. 

We'll continue to dream big!" - Dangly McBalls

It remains to be seen if Kettering can put up a fight in the National League, but the manager and his players seem to think they can. Till next time. 

Edited by JadaX

3 hours ago, saints94 said:

I have one that Mushtaq sent me, will PM it to you

To cheer anyone that's struggling - these are my stats as at 13.11.2021

P 119 W 21 D 27 L 71 F 108 A 208 GD -100 Win % 17

2018/19 21st

2019/20 22nd

2020/21 22nd

The reputations have been updated in the opening post now that the full game has been released :thup:

1 hour ago, dafuge said:

The reputations have been updated in the opening post now that the full game has been released :thup:

Brilliant thank you

On 11/9/2017 at 09:33, MikaelS said:

Any chance you could share some details on that tactic? :)

A few other people have pointed out that using 4-3-3 and chucking a bunch of bodies forward works well. For me I've found that I need to work on ironing out the defensive frailities but so far this season we're on course for the playoffs.

Season 2019/20 Review - Mickleover Sports in the Vanarama National League North

League Table | Past Positions | Playoffs | Final | Season Review

What a season! After a good first three months sitting in the playoff spots I was worried the launch version of FM would mess up the new tactic; Instead it made us absolutely lethal, breaking goal scoring records left and right! Wrexham were impossibly dominant, but this is probably the most comfortable 2nd I've ever been!

The foundation was a brand new back three of FoxJohnHealy, flanked by WBs Nelson and Franklin. Add Harrison and Roberts in front and we weren't going to be easy to break down. You'd think this would leave a weak attack, but the long ball to a flank proved incisive and Powell and Grayson worked out a wonderful partnership where one would chase it down while the other found space in the box. If that didn't work, fine, a midfielder might pick up the scraps. 

Otherwise, we're still plenty combative but going from 13 red cards to 1 sure made it easier to see out games! Down to 10 conceded from corners and IFKs didn't hurt either, though I can't help but wonder what magical solution Blyth has found to only concede 5! I am - perhaps needless to say - really happy with this transition from last season and it's been encouraging to see most tactical tweaks work out.

Squad | Transfers

Shout-outs to Powell and Grayson for their absolutely ridiculous combined 66 goals and 45 assists, as well as to Phillips and Smith for filling in or adding to the forward line as need be. You'd think that'd be unbeatable, but Roberts actually managed to maintain the highest average rating in his BBM role. Sometimes the best players are not the flashiest ones~.

I've already arranged for Tunnicliffe to join us for next season, though that was before Healy changed his mind and decided to renew after all. Are you allowed to field 4 DCs? :D 

Finances

We overspend but the board seems happy to keep injecting money, hence the curious shark-teeth pattern. League regulations also appear to have forced us into a stadium expansion. Fingers crossed that cost won't become an issue.

Aim for next season: Stay up. For all that is good and holy, stay up.

Season    League                 Finish   Achievements
2019/20   Vanarama North         2nd      Promoted via Playoffs
2018/19   Vanarama North         16th     -

Sorry to ask, but has anyone got a save where Kings Langley got promoted?

3 hours ago, j4y_z said:

Sorry to ask, but has anyone got a save where Kings Langley got promoted?

Keep an eye of G_D_K's post with a list of game on the first page. He will put up games with as many teams as possible promoted.

Post 3. Hendon FC Digest Aug - Oct 1st.

5a064c1634505_HendonFCBadge.png.a4b38a456786f4234ee63c9049cec007.png

7th August 2018.

* IN - Jake Smeeton Right Back/Defensive Full Back - Free, Ibrahim Kargbo Striker/Target Man - Free, Bobbie Dale Striker/Defensive Forward/Defence and Support - Free, Steve Diggin Striker/Advanced Forward.

5a064d795982c_8thAugustPressNewsignings.thumb.png.fb80eea11a853b9974b9d5647d24241c.png

9th August 2018.

* IN - Josh Barker - Right Back/Full Back/Defend - Free, Charlie Fripp - Right Back/Full Back/Defend - Free.

12th August 2018.

Worth a laugh, Season Ticket sales...

5a0650d5db1b7_12thAug2018Seasonticketsales.thumb.png.217275cb8c0d8b8bed01381e9a78c691.png

* IN - Henry Lander - Center Back/Defensive Center Back - Free.

17th August 2018.

* IN - Nathan McDonald - Goalkeeper.

18 August 2018.

* IN - Aaron Parsons - Center Back/Central Defence/Defend.

21st August 2018.

My first "Team of the Week" player, I shall cherish this 4eva! Well, maybe not.

5a0652b61ab22_21stAugTeamoftheweek.thumb.png.550be3feb7ff21fb74f16049f6c08f64.png

31st August 2018.

Who does this fella think he is?

5a06533ae4bd9_31stAugExManager.thumb.png.7e1bc1d3b57e79ef99dfd9452ac060f1.png

1st September 2018.

It hit the first of the month and to be honest I thought to myself that "I'm gonna make a big change here", so I kicked out the current Captain and Vice Captain for release and replaced them.

* IN - Simone Maye - Central Midfield/Defend - Free

* OUT - Casey Mclaren - Player/Released - Captain. Michael Corcoran - Player/Released - Vice Captain.

* Captaincy Change - Nathan McDonald - Captain. Henry Lander - Vice Captain.

Moan, moan, moan...

5a0656a4186af_Sept1stPressrelease.thumb.png.9aaa5c7661a609e99ee95d5787def634.png

3rd September 2018.

* IN - Connor Smith - Central Midfield/Support - Free.

5th September 2018.

* OUT - Dave Diedhiou - Player - Free.

7th September 2018.

Suppose anything is news...

5a06587d6f91b_7thSept2018HemelHprematchpresscon.thumb.png.ec05c085b9817d10172203c8e83fb24b.png

10th September 2018.

FA CUP Draw - Home - Eastbourne Town.

12th September 2018.

* OUT - Keegan Cole - Player - Free.

Press just won't leave us alone this year, concerning Giles...

5a0659f5b4d5e_12thSept2018questionaboutGiles.thumb.png.342734c7df9a0a5b3ea034ca7af1360a.png

... I'm not biting 16th September 2018.

5a065a4dec4d7_16thSept2018MorepeskypressaboutGiles.thumb.png.785be9cdf826b3ee39b8765847a74071.png

23rd September.

And so it begins.

5a065a9672fd8_23rdSept2018anditbegins.thumb.png.5819d65108ffa5c4774bbe06c6ffac88.png5a065ac7edb73_23rdSept2018uhoh.thumb.png.98b876c75f4011536c96d2639682a2bc.png5a065b11e76bb_23rdSept2018pressquestiononmerchant.thumb.png.8a68e3588bd21da4f04594af68af46f3.png

24th September 2018.

FA CUP Draw (oh sorry spoiler) - Home - Truro.

After I had tinkered with the players a bit to get them to talk to Merchant and failing in the process one of the ex-captains that I sacked basically slagged him off, then this happened...

5a065bbd407aa_24thSept2018andheishappyagain.thumb.png.27983d96513c76fa7056c128bad5f32c.png

1st October 2018.

Coaches...

5a065cecbf341_1stOctober2018howcoacheslook.thumb.png.4fbb04eb13954eeab09266245320fcdd.png

... Dynamics...

5a065d48b7d71_1stOctoberDynamics.thumb.png.e6d97326f74a99c8b690b9dd3f73ff93.png

...Scores...

5a065d999b920_Oct1st2018Sadbuttrue.thumb.png.28ecba28745293501117781168c5f0b5.png

...Table.

5a065cd1c702d_1stOctober2018OhDear.thumb.png.732a6bdc3ebc47e632f97a2e71d49af6.png

Prefered Eleven.

5a0660febe494_PreferedEleven.thumb.png.16352efa2d6cc505f139a928632af4b3.png

Surely it can only get better!

Linguin Cike.

Thanks to @MikaelS for suggestions on post improvement, hope it at least looks a bit better.                                                                                                                                                                               

Edited by Handstar
Added prefered eleven

resizedimage600279-extra.png

In an interesting turn of events a local consortium of businesses swooped in to take-over at Kettering Town FC. Directors lost their jobs, but luckily the new bosses didn't have anything bad to say about American Dangly McBalls. The new owners didn't waste any time in declaring their support for the way the team was being managed, and went a step forward to say all previous management requirements and philosophies were now void. The American coach now has a free-hand at running the team and this should have a positive effect on the team dynamics. 

Kettering Town FC are also now back in the transfer market after being put on an embargo by the previous regime for lack of funds. 

e1DLudc.jpg

7 hours ago, Handstar said:

Thanks to @MikaelS for suggestions on post improvement, hope it at least looks a bit better.                                                                                                                                                                               

Screenshots looks sharp mate! :)

Alright chaps, been taking this slow, still only on July 1st, trying to find players. My issue is, every player i enter negotiations with wants around £1k a week. This is utterly ridiculous, I'm talking about players on free transfers who've just been released from a club in the unplayable non-leagues. Any advice? I can't sign a single player.

Edited by Impale

21 minutes ago, Impale said:

Alright chaps, been taking this slow, still only on July 1st, trying to find players. My issue is, every player i enter negotiations with wants around £1k a week. This is utterly ridiculous, I'm talking about players on free transfers who've just been released from a club in the unplayable non-leagues. Any advice? I can't sign a single player.

I have filters I've made for this save specifically (since my other save is Liverpool and the quality of players I look for in there is worlds apart) - what this allows me to do is corner 2-3 players max (yep, that small) that I NEED. I go all out with them, giving them whatever they need, and like you mentioned, more often than not it means 4k-5k wages, which I free up by firing other players. I then have 5-10 other players that I tell my DoF to buy if possible (basically small bumps in quality to my current lineup). 

I'd say I get 1-3 players I definitely want this way, the rest I try to get in loans on the free (if you check my posts above that's basically the bulk now that Kettering FC is in the National League). Won't always work though, reputation of the team is important too - and luckily Kettering FC started with a very high one. 

Any tips for tactics at this low level? started season well but struggling now at the back end of the campaign for results. looking like a relegation fight in the first season hahah. Full end of season update will be coming soon (If I still have my job).

Thurrock FC Post 1

Starting squad:
Ay2vx3a.thumb.jpg.102596de60b8400334c7f6eb38f34221.jpg

Rough start, lads:
MFTOBE6.thumb.jpg.8bda0fd01de1a76346df77e6ba7d9c45.jpg

Tough, tough stuff. Gone with a narrow 4-3-3 as you can probably see, hoping to get the full backs involved in attacks but not having much luck at the mo. The new scouting system is making finding players a pretty miserable task, added to struggles with finding a tactical sweet-spot. Averaging 4 points every 5 games, leaving me with about 35, won't be enough to keep me up I don't think. I will have to re-evaluate.

Coaching is now the best in the league, with 'Pie Bloke Wayne Shaw™' sat as my GK coach. Not going to see much reward in this area, but it's nice to have.

Edited by Sean Blinkhorn

1 hour ago, Swindon69 said:

I may take a break this has stopped being fun.

Ouch. Restarted with new time every time, or stuck with the same?

Image result for hereford fc

Hereford FC - Sky Bet League 2 - 2022/23

After consecutive promotions I was hopeful we could survive in League 2. We again started strong with 3 victories from our first 3 games. We lost our 4th game but then went on to win 5 on the bounce and were established at the top of the table. We drop off 1st place in the league after week 6. We gained promotion and won the league comfortably by leading by over 20 points. Next season should be more of a struggle as I still have a few players who we had down in the Conference North/South so hopefully we can survive and then start to build a team who can get into the Championship in the next 3-4 seasons.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exits in all cup competitions this season allowed me to focus fully on the league.

Squad - Still got some players from the early years who will need to be replaced but I managed to bring in a couple of gems this season. The forwards kept on scoring again this season. A Narrow 433 system has been working wonders for me.  

Finances - We have money in the bank still but lost plenty of money over the season despite selling James Browne for £725k. Thankfully the parachute payment topped us up to our current amount.

Transfers - Sold James Browne for £725k and loaned him straight back although he didn't play as I had replaced him. Adrian Turner was my first purchase for money as I spent 10k to bring him in from Margate which is a steal. I also spent money on Jed Nottage who looks like a great little player as I spent £65k on him. 

Key Player Profiles:

Aramide Oteh - Doesnt have the best finishing but pace and acceleration tear teams apart. 40 goals in 50 with 27 assists.

Bassala Sambou - Outscored this season as he missed some games with injury. Still scored 37 in 41.  

Adrian Turner - £10k signing from Margate. My assistant manager thinks he has premier league potential. 

Next Season

Survive and start building for a promotion push over 3-4 seasons. 

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South              9th               FA Cup 2nd round  
2019/20         Vanarama North		    3rd	 	      Lost in playoff final
2020/21         Vanarama North		    1st	              Champions and FA Trophy Winners
2021/22         Vanarama National           1st               Champions, FA Trophy finalists & FA Cup 3rd round
2022/23		Sky Bet League 2	    1st		      Champions       
Edited by Hypanimz

cropped-webicon.png

Whitby Town FC - End of Season 18/19

Pre-Season preparation:

First job as taking over as manager was to recruit some staff. The current backroom team just wasn't good enough for me so they all got the sack. A new assistant manager, scouts and a few physios joined the backroom team. Next we needed to bring in some transfers to strengthen the team a little.. So i signed 14 players and brought in 6 on loan. that should do it? Squad was looking a little better at this point and after a few training sessions to gel the players we began pre-season matches against some local teams to get the new players integrated into the team and test our a few tactics. Money was running out fast as we are now spending £5,000 on player wages and our budget was just £4,000 (Board are hating me already).

Notable transfers in:

TJ Culpepper (Free)
Mike Fondop (Free)
Nathaniel Appiah (Free)
Dominic Brown-Hill (Free)

We did manager to secure a contract with Peterborough town to become a club affiliate allowing us to loan Lewis Freestone and Frazer Garner for free.

Season Report:

It was expected that a relegation battle would be on our hands but we started the season well with 1 defeat out of the first 8 games and sitting in a dizzy 6th place. This was obviously a fluke and from there it was all downhill. We struggled to find any type of tactical consistency and couldn't string any decent run of form together. Morale started to drop and so did our league position. Half way through the season and we were comfortable in mid table, still a outside chance of reaching the playoffs if we could hit some form but more bad results and a run of 8 games without a win during January & February left us sitting in a dangerous 17th place and only 5 points above the drop zone with 12 games to go. It didn't help that our first choice goalkeeper broke his arm vs Darlington in January and was out for 6-8 weeks. The scouts could not find any decent replacements to bring in so we took a trip to Whitby beach and hired a donkey.

Into the final five games of the season and the board have just given me a one year extension to my contract but no pay rise. In the league it looks like we could well be relegated and the immanent sacking will follow. I could be heading of back to Liverpool jobless. I have heard they are looking for staff in McDonald's. We are sitting in 20th place and still have not won a game since the 29th of December 2018. 11 Losses and 4 draws in the last 15 games is a club record for games without a win. Morale is at a all time low and the players are turning against me. The fans still believe we can stay up though and are backing the boss to save them.

Fm1.png.667d1647a65dcf7fca80f37b6d15c90d.png

Into the final five games we went and we had to pick up some points to survive. Games against Kidderminster (A), Harrogate (A), FC United (A), Chester (H) and Spennymoor (H) on the final day of the season. Our top goal scorer Mike Fondop has just torn a hamstring and is out for 2-3 months. Its going to be hard to stay up without him and I have already started packing my bags and saying my goodbyes.

Kidderminster 2-0 Whitby Town
A 2-0 away defeat to 8th in the league keeps us in the drop zone 2 points from safety.

Harrogate 0-1 Whitby Town
Amazing!! We ended our streak of 16 games without a win as Rio Murray gives us all three point with a 94th minute goal and takes us out of the drop zone into 19th place!

FC United 3-0 Whitby Town
We drop back into 20th place on goal difference as FC United take all 3 points against us.

Whitby Town 1-2 Chester
A last minute goal for Chester keeps us in 20th place and its going down to the final game of the season.
Fm1.png.73af5f1d566e6c618a7a4b2968d457e5.png

Whitby Town 2-0 Spennymoor
The final game of the season and we had to win against Spennymoor (17th) at home to survive and keep my job. Bradford Park are away to 7th place Chorley who are clinging on to playoff position and will want the win to secure 7th place.
Glen Taylor set a new club record as he scored after just 15 seconds into the game to give us the lead. Dominic Brown-Hill then went on to score the second in the 70th minute to give us all three points and save Whitby Town from relegation. Chorleys 4-1 win at home to Bradford Park means that we finish the season on 41 points in 19th place. The most important thing is that I kept my job and now can concentrate on next season.

Fm2.png.e23f6143a3304d2dce1283645a34ea74.png

Season 18/19 Summery:

Our main goal this season was to avoid relegation. We managed to survive on the final day of the season in a thrilling end to the campaign. The second half of the season was just horrific as we struggled for any kind of form, lost complete morale in the team and only managed to win 2 games in the whole of 2019. I did sign a one year extension to my contract so I am here for another 12 months at least. The clubs balance now at -£90,000 and we are going to struggle to add any players to the team as we are massively over the wage budget. 

Season 19/20 Targets and Expectations:

- Stay in the league at least, possibly push for mid table.
- Try to get a tactic and system that works and can give us some consistency.
- rebuild the team, There is a lot of players contracts expiring in the summer

Career History:

Season       League          Position       FA Cup         FA Trophy       Top Scorer          Most Assists          Highest Rating
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19      Vanarama North    19th       3rd Qual Rd       1st Rd       Mike Fondop (15)    Steven Snaith (12)    Mike Fondop (7.21)
2019/20      Vanarama North

Career Stats:

Played  |  W  |  D  |  L  |  For  |  Against  |  Win %  |  Time at club  |  Earnings  |  Trophies  | Total Transfers (£)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  47      13     9     25     60       95         27%        314 days         £16k          0               0

Edited by PS-GamerNeil

EEcnpLv.jpg

League Table | Squad | Transfers

What started as a wild punt in the Vanarama National League has become reality for Kettering Town FC. Today we achieved promotion from this league, in our first season! Was no easy feat, we had limited financial power (even after the consortium takeover), and many of the players were starting to get restless. They wanted bigger wages, but we had none to spare after sending out the staff new ones. 

Squad dynamics took a nosedive, started getting calls from the new management about murmurs in the papers about problems in the squad (vindictive players running to the public when I benched them), and the biggest issue - I had to cut down on my team quite a bit. In the Vanarama North League (previous season) I had no problems keeping the players quiet, most of them were already being paid at the top end of the league, but now we were up against some 'major' teams. That's when I started praising players left and right. I made more team talks this season than in the 2 combined previous ones. 

Secret to our success? Keep everyone happy (even if it's 'fake' praise), and make full use of subs and rotations for easier games. With the squad thinning out due to financial reasons I've had to actually man-manage the team more than I've had to in all my other saves in FM18 thus far. 

But the reward has been sweet. We're going up to League 2!

Started the save again..Got Stafford First time...Lets do this