dafuge's FM18 challenge

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

After getting a hard brexit on last years FM I am super happy to get this!

I got the hard one...again. Everyone need work permits except Ireland.

1 minute ago, XaW said:

I got the hard one...again. Everyone need work permits except Ireland.

I had that one last year. It was a pain to begin with and I thought it impossible and quit the challenge. I did come back to it and complete it. If you understand the rules you can still bring in plenty of foreign players. 

2 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

I had that one last year. It was a pain to begin with and I thought it impossible and quit the challenge. I did come back to it and complete it. If you understand the rules you can still bring in plenty of foreign players. 

Yeah, I just usually love to bring in youngster from all over the world and develop them, but that's much harder with the hard brexit for the European countries at least. I got the feeling the work permits got stricter for players from outside Europe as well.

These are the ones here. I don't know if these are stricter than at the start?

g36D5uM.png

2 minutes ago, Hypanimz said:

The only difference is that your percentages are 33-66% whereas mine are currently 25-50%

Ok, not that much worse than normal then. It's something..

This is not going well. In 10th with Billericay, cannot score despite being statistically better than the opposition in almost every game. My main central midfielder out for 5-6 months. I think I am going to get sacked at some stage unless results improve, perhaps not for a while but I need to be doing better.

23 hours ago, Swindon69 said:

Getting seriously narked off with the dynamics tbh I told my 4th choice centre half he'd have to wait for his chance and ended up pretty much with a full scale rebellion due to his influence.

My vice captain complained in jan when i signed another midfielder, my answer annoyed most of the squad - i got 5 points from 7 games. Then another player complained about the poor atmosphere, i said winning would help, this dragged them down further, they lost the next 14 games - scoring in only 1 game. I survived relegation in the last game due to the 2 teams below me not winning.

13 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

My vice captain complained in jan when i signed another midfielder, my answer annoyed most of the squad - i got 5 points from 7 games. Then another player complained about the poor atmosphere, i said winning would help, this dragged them down further, they lost the next 14 games - scoring in only 1 game. I survived relegation in the last game due to the 2 teams below me not winning.

I get the feeling this is being quite heavily looked at.

20 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

Hmmm.  Tried a more defensive setup for a game against Chelmsford, lost 5-0.

5 games in record is 5 losses, goals scored 0, conceded 15.  Really don't know what is going on.

I actually have been more successful attacking instead of trying to defend in points. At the moment I'm playing much more attacking than should be suitable for me, but it works somehow. These are the results since I started attacking more.

ZNggGvc.png

It might just be me, but it's worth a try if you are losing anyway.

1 minute ago, Swindon69 said:

I actually don't have any issues with the dynamics at the moment, but I might be lucky. I have had a couple of players nagging for game time, but I've moved them on pretty quick to avoid issues. I had the team come and talk to me about losing a player who started the fuss and I told them he had a negative influence on the atmosphere and they loved it and said good riddance. 

In preseason I had a central midfielder complain that I had signed another central midfielder because he feared being replaced. That was never the case as they play different roles and despite him play almost every match, the vast majority starting he is still unhappy. Fortunately it does not seem to effected anyone else, but surely if he is playing and they other midfielder is sitting on the bench he should not be unhappy.

With my main playmaker injured, this other mifielder, my back up playmaker is going to get a lot more game time. This did not him coming to me and complaining about lack of first team football. Fortunately I was able to promising him game time and he went away happy.

10 minutes ago, Swindon69 said:

This player is kicking off at the start of the next season when i made an offer for a player who hasn't even joined yet. It seems as he is a team leader he infects everyone.

Looks like I'll be going down at the end of my first season - 12 points from safety with 12 games left. I've lost count of the number of late goals that have doomed me to draws or losses. In my latest game I was beating Halifax (2nd) 2-1 until they equalised in the 89th minute. :( Heartbreaking stuff

2 hours ago, Hypanimz said:

Weymouth seem to be a lot rarer this year than in previous years. You could always holiday a for a second year which can open up more teams getting promoted.

Yeah is weird as their rep is not that low and have had lower rep teams come up. Might do the second year thing and see how that goes.

1 minute ago, jsar said:

Yeah is weird as their rep is not that low and have had lower rep teams come up. Might do the second year thing and see how that goes.

Those reps are from last year - perhaps it has changed and gone down.

Playing the FA cup so have 7 players on the bench including two strikers. My first choice striker injured in the first minute, replace him. The replacement striker injured in the 6th minute. On comes the third striker who is in a massive goal drought after seeming like he was going to be a star early in the season.

7 hours ago, XaW said:

I actually don't have any issues with the dynamics at the moment, but I might be lucky. I have had a couple of players nagging for game time, but I've moved them on pretty quick to avoid issues. I had the team come and talk to me about losing a player who started the fuss and I told them he had a negative influence on the atmosphere and they loved it and said good riddance. 

I briefly had dynamic problems when I issued a warning to my team captain (37yo DM -- for a dismissal in the match) --- he wasn't happy and dragged a few players down (3 if I recall)...but it never went further than that.  After a few matches (matches he didn't play in) he got off his high horse and the rest of team fell in line.  

10 hours ago, Thebaker said:

Not gonna lie, that is probably the dumbest thing you could say. Especially given your low rep and determination attribute. 

2 hours ago, G_D_K said:

I briefly had dynamic problems when I issued a warning to my team captain (37yo DM -- for a dismissal in the match) --- he wasn't happy and dragged a few players down (3 if I recall)...but it never went further than that.  After a few matches (matches he didn't play in) he got off his high horse and the rest of team fell in line.  

I like the new dynamics feature, I must admit. At least a lot better than how it worked in FM17. For me it feels like the players actually, for the most part at least, come to me with valid issues. I've had a couple who wanted more game time, and a couple who are afraid of being replaced. I've managed to resolve all without much issue by selecting what I consider to be good replies that work in the context of the situation. Granted, I might have worded myself different had this been real life, but the gist of it was the same as I would have said.

I've noticed I treat players different though, as I put more into pleasing the more influential players. And I think this is a good thing, and more down the line of a real world approach. You wouldn't treat your loyal veteran the same as another older player you brought in to fill a void short term. I think that was one of my mistakes the first season, I let too many of the influential players leave so we had a gap in the hierarchy. The "advise" on the right actually tells you some of your issues with the dynamics in the squad and also how scouted players might fit into the current squad.

39 minutes ago, XaW said:

I like the new dynamics feature, I must admit. At least a lot better than how it worked in FM17. For me it feels like the players actually, for the most part at least, come to me with valid issues. I've had a couple who wanted more game time, and a couple who are afraid of being replaced. I've managed to resolve all without much issue by selecting what I consider to be good replies that work in the context of the situation. Granted, I might have worded myself different had this been real life, but the gist of it was the same as I would have said.

I've noticed I treat players different though, as I put more into pleasing the more influential players. And I think this is a good thing, and more down the line of a real world approach. You wouldn't treat your loyal veteran the same as another older player you brought in to fill a void short term. I think that was one of my mistakes the first season, I let too many of the influential players leave so we had a gap in the hierarchy. The "advise" on the right actually tells you some of your issues with the dynamics in the squad and also how scouted players might fit into the current squad.

I am starting to get the hang of it also, but at first when I was an inexperienced manager, the experienced players where a real pain the ass. Realistic? Yeah maybe but still pain :p lol

BUT not regarding to this years Dynamics, but still some issues as to realistic response from the players: Season 2 with Billericay pre-season talk, I only had one option to tell the team we where gonna win the league and thus get promoted. 7 players then responded that my only option was not optimistic enough... What the h*** where I gonna say then? Maybe: Lets play Barca in a friendly, and I expect nothing but a win at Camp Nou :p

5 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

I am starting to get the hang of it also, but at first when I was an inexperienced manager, the experienced players where a real pain the ass. Realistic? Yeah maybe but still pain :p lol

BUT not regarding to this years Dynamics, but still some issues as to realistic response from the players: Season 2 with Billericay pre-season talk, I only had one option to tell the team we where gonna win the league and thus get promoted. 7 players then responded that my only option was not optimistic enough... What the h*** where I gonna say then? Maybe: Lets play Barca in a friendly, and I expect nothing but a win at Camp Nou :p

Heh, yeah, that's what I mean. It's a bit of a pain, but managing entitled brats shouldn't be easy! :p

I would report that as a bug. It's not like you can be more ambitious, is it? Like "We should bully the other teams and I'll kick your asses if we concede a single goal" or something like it?

8 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Another questions: anyone racked up some Steam achievements from playing this challenge only in FM18 so far? 11 out of 86 here.

I have 9 of 86 so far.

Just now, Fadedaf said:

@TheEarl I've managed 14 achievements so far

nice, the one I really miss so far is Manager of the Month. Tells that I am still too inconsistent. 4th in the first season, now top of the table around half way in the second season, and still no Manager Award for me :p

image.png.5fc9df06458ed39e32bc75276dcd120f.png

Staines Town 2018/19

Table | Squad | Transfers

The season started quite well with a good midtable position going into jan although the team was a bit inconsistant.
I brought in Klass which upset my vice captain Brown and alienated the rest of the squad. I got just 5 points from the next 7 games.
When another player complained about the poor atmosphere i managed to annoy the team further, resulting in losing the last 14 games and scoring in just 1 game.
The club survived relegation on the last day due to the 2 teams below not winning.
The cup progress was limited with a loss after a replay to in-form Oxford city in the FA cup and an unlucky penalty loss to rivals Kingstonian in the FA trophy.
None of the players really stood out although Miles and Buchanan did well for the first half, injuries to the strikers did not help the team with Hippolyte missing 7 months, Buchanan the last 3 months and regular injuries to Miles in the 2nd half of the season. Klass did not live up to his name.
The finances stayed pretty stable but this was only due to the board putting in 200K over the season.

My youth intake was pretty poor but i have signed up a load of 16yo's released at the end of the season to improve the u18 squad.

15 hours ago, jsar said:

No Weymouth saves around??

I've managed to get them. My save is pretty basic though - just the large database with England only running and no extra players other than the feeder leagues.

1 hour ago, MadCatPT said:

I reloaded more than one hundred times for Burgess Hill and finally settled for Nantwich. :thup:

If you want the save with them available and the top Euro leagues + Mexico y Brasil (around 68k players) I can upload it somewhere.

Archived