Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM18 challenge

4000398.png.ec6eabb3c78c6a2162cb3a662b1a47dc.png

Grantham Town - Vanarama North - 2018/19

Media prediction: 21st.

Board expectation: Fight bravely against relegation

League Table - Not only did we avoid relegation, but we sneaked into 7th place, claiming the final playoff spot with a last day win against already relegated Kettering!

Playoff 1st Round - After an even game we sneaked a winner in extra time. Semi final here we come!

Playoff Semi Final - We went 2-0 up in this game, but having played 120 minutes only 48 hours before, we ran out of steam and conceded the goal that knocked us out in the 92nd minute.

FA Cup - A decent little run, finally ended in the 2nd round by League 2 Crawley.

FA Trophy - I mainly played my 2nd choice  team, we made it to round 2 before being dumped out by Boreham Wood.

Transfers - I tried to focus on quality rather than quantity, but still ended up signing 15 players due to how bad my original squad was.

Squad - I'm pretty happy with how my squad is looking, with good cover in most positions. A left back and a striker will be top of next seasons shopping list though.

Finances - A couple of reasonable cup runs and some money spinning preseason friendlies, combined with keeping control of the wage bill, meant that we made a nice profit over the season.

Club Profile

Manager Profile - My attributes are developing nicely, and I'm currently part way through my first coaching course.

Key Players:

Robbie Burton - Snapped up on a free after being released by Arsenal, he was our most consistent performer. As well as 3 goals and 7 assists, he was the player that most of our best play went through, often playing the pass before the assist.

Lee Shaw - The clear standout amongst the players already at the club when we arrived, he bagged 21 goals in 35 starts as a defensive forward.

Elvis Otim - Signed early in the season, he overcame some early injury problems to rack up 5 goals and 4 assists in 17 league starts. I have high hopes for him next season.

Danny Meadows - The surprise package of the season. His attributes don't look all that great, but he performed magnificently, notching up 11 goals and 10 assists in 26 appearances.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama Conference North    7th            Playoff semi final   

Next Season

I think we overachieved this year, so I'll be happy with a top half finish, but with 2 or 3 quality additions we may be able to push for the playoffs again.

Posted (edited)

Managing Staines and i am in my 6th season with them... I managed to get into league two....now in my 3rd season....

in 2021/22 season finished 19th.....in 2022/23 season finished 4th and lost in the play-offs

Division Two im finding the hardest to get out of , club finances are tough, and the board wont let me upgrade or raise my wage budget...

Hopefully this season ican finally get out of the Division Two...

Career

Season      League                                                 Position       FA Cup  FA Trophy  EFL Cup  EFL Trophy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   Vanarama National League South        4th          1st rd     1st rd          -               -                             play off semi final losers
2019/20   Vanarama National League South        2nd         1st rd     3rd Qu Rd  -               -                             play off winners
2020/21   Vanarama National League                   7th           3rd rd    3rd rd         -               -                             play off winners
2021/22   Sky Bet League Two                               19th          1st rd    -                  1st rd      group 4th
2022/23   Sky Bet Leauge Two                               4th            1st rd    -                  1st rd      group 4th              play off losing finalist

Edited by paulskln

2025/2026 Season

dltj1b3.png

Coming into the season I thought we could mount a title challenge with a couple key signings but we hit a stretch mid-season where we kept drawing games we should've won and instead snuck into a closely contested playoffs,

Transfers. Obviously Malyke Tufton was a known commodity from his loans with us, but we got him an amazing strike partner in Jeff Hawkes. Unfortunately, he won't be appearing in the squad stats section as he broke his leg in training just before our 45th league game, but he had contributed 32 goals and 11 assists up to that point, whence Chelsea recalled him to their much better medical team for treatment. We had another backup striker, Dale Pearce, who had his own interesting path to us. I initially tried to sign him in the summer but he chose Wycombe over us. He must've had a falling out with them at some point because in January his agent let me know he was available on a free, and as we had some minor injuries at the time I signed him up. He would've gotten to play his former team in the playoff final, but he tore his thigh muscle in training 12 days before the match. 

Speaking of injuries, you may notice we made a transfer near the end of March, this was because during our most important stretch of games our starting goalkeeper broke his hand, and the backup we signed, Sol Brynn, pulled a thigh muscle and would be out for sure for one league game and on orange injury for another. I scrambled to find anyone remotely confident, and ended up getting Anguilla's national team keeper (the only Anguillan player in the save apparently) who had come through Plymouth's academy. He wasn't very good, but he did make 4 of the 6 saves he was called upon and we managed a 1-1 draw and a 2-1 win in those two games.

In leg one of the semis we went 2-0 up, but after they brought it back to 2-1 I was worried. A third goal before the end made me a bit more confident. We got the first goal in the second leg and were feeling good until they made it 4-3 on aggregate, Luckily we scored the next two, and even though they scored again we got a fourth.

With 2 of our top 3 strikers missing, I thought Malyke would have to make a big contribution. It turned out to be a different story as we got two goals from backup RB Ian Norris, who only had one previous goal in his 62 career appearances for us, and one each from star LM Ben Kennedy and fourth choice ST Michael Bentley as we managed to beat Wycombe 4-1. Amazingly, Norris's only other goal was earlier this season in a 3-2 win over Wycombe as well, with the other two goals coming from........ Kennedy and Bentley. The rest of the transfers were key central midfielder Ollie Boness, key right midfielder Spencer Howe and backup center mid Nick Oxenforth.

EDIT:  As I was typing this my computer froze, so I had to replay the final. In the replay we won 1-0 in a fairly boring affair with a 2nd minute goal from Michael Bentley.

Here are the season stats.

Finances are good, 1.5mil in the bank. The board have told me for next season that I'll have a budget of 2.25mil for transfers and 44.5k p/w for wages. We are currently spending 25k p/w, so this leaves us some nice room to improve. I want to get Hawkes back, but other than that I need to find some targets. 

Only significant cup news was a 5-0 loss at Stamford Bridge in the third round of the FA Cup which brought in a ton of cash.

Posted (edited)

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.bfed5f2ba6a4b354c9d3d958a2164ff9.png

Season 3 2020/21

National League South

League

Expectation:     13th      

Finish:                 1st  Champions!

I knew we had a good squad and should be challenging but from the very start of the season we were playing catch-up to Billericay and Bromley. We were drawing far too many games and were always lagging a few points behimd. Bromley fell away in the latter half of the season but Billericay jutst kept on going. With 5 games to play they were 6 points clear and visiting us at the dripping pan. A victory for them would surely guarantee them the title and resign us to another season of play-offs when this happened:-

43billericay.JPG.0cdbaf7d1acc6adcfc1556260ba3c15d.JPG

We were only 3 points behind! Billericay then lost again meaning with two games to play we finally hit top spot, albeit on goal difference. Our first match saw us draw 0-0 at home while billeriucay won, meaning they went into the last match of the season 2 points clear, playing at home, while we had a very tricky away game at bath. We scored early doors and managed to hold on for a 1-0 win while Billericay could not break down their opponents defence. We snatched the title on goal difference on the final day of the season!

Cups

Another lucrative run in the FA Cup and another televised 1st round match, this time against AFC Wimbledon. We drew 1-1 away and beat them 2-0 at home to get through to the second round. A red card meant we had 10 men for most of the match but only narrowly lost to Tranmere 3-2. So close to the third round pot of gold!

Transfers

Brought in a couple of experienced players to fill out the squd which really helped, particularly Zane Banton

Finances

Still not great, still managing to just break the wage budget. Cup runs and tv money helped again but 200k in debt still. Looking positive though as we head into a new league with a new upgraded stadium which now holds 2637 (!)

Notable players

Sam Evans – His second season with us. He pulled up no trees in his first, but he was a phenomena in the second. 6 goals, 10 assists, 10 MotM from central midfield. He was just ridiculously good from start to finish.

Leon Lobjoit – Really built on the promise he showed in his first season, struck up a great partnership with Spyrides. Lead the line as my advanced forward, chipping in with 25 goals

Odysseus Spyrides – goes to show how ridiculously good Evans was that Spyrides finished with 36 goals and 16 assists and was still only our second most important player. Still only 20, it’ll be intriguing to see how he copes with national league football

Next season

Realistically, just consolidation. But with one or two judicious signings, who knows?

Roll of Honour

2020/21National League South Champions

Edited by libbyshuss

Grantham Town - Vanarama North - 2019/20

Media prediction: 14th

Board expectation: Mid table finish

League Table - A disappointing result after last seasons 7th place finish. We were hampered by losing 5 of our 6 best players to injury for 3 months plus in the middle of the season, and punished for the fact that we couldn't find a new striker to lead the line.

FA Cup - Not a great run this year, dumped out in the 4th qualifying round by Vanarama South side Margate.

FA Trophy - The less said about this the better.

Transfers - Very much evolution not revolution, with only 4 permanent signings made, each of which is significantly better than the player they replace.

Squad - Despite this seasons struggles, I'm relatively happy with how the squad is developing. A central midfielder and a striker will be priorities this season.

Finances - Our lack of a cup run really showed this season. We're still in the black, but not by much!

Club Profile - The main change here is the fact we've now gone professional! For better or worse remains to be seen.

Manager Profile - I've spent most of this season on coaching courses, and my attributes are progressing well, level of discipline refusing to move though, no matter how many fines I hand out!

Key Players:

Dominic Kurasik - One of our first signings after we joined he club, and he's been MR Consistent ever since. I only realised how much we rely on him when we lost him to a broken finger during the season.

Kingsley James - Signed in December, and after a few questionable performances in his first few starts, quickly became a mainstay of the team. Great at breaking up attacks, and contributes going forwards too.

Elvis Otim - Another quality season curtailed slightly by injuries. 8 Goals and 6 assists in 22 starts is a great return from the MR position though.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position        FA Cup                      Achievements
2018/19   Vanarama North    7th             2nd Round                   Playoff semi final
2019/20   Vanarama North    14th            4th Qualifying Round        N/A

Next Season

After an injury hit season, I think we have to be aiming for the playoffs next year. I don't think we're too far away, but a striker has to be a priority if we're going to push on.

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.14be2fc9ceb07fa2ab97143584d906ed.png

Season 4 2021/22

National League

League

Expectation:     24th      

Finish:                 14th

A disappointing pre-season meant I went inot the new season with no new signings in the first xi, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Winning 3 out of our first 4 gave me a sense of misplaced optimism as the next three games were all away at the teams placed 1-3. We lost them all. From thereon in we really struggled. We couldn’t find any consistency and often lost matches like this 27shitsti4.thumb.JPG.0abe6c8a15f6d0b35e739664557ee68c.JPG

Or this lost56.thumb.JPG.92381663fcaa5173afb591153175fae5.JPG

And by the end of November we found ourselves one place above rlegation. Luckily the bottom 4 were rubbish and we always managed to get a result against them but it wasn’t until march that we finally hit some form and finally pulled ourselves away. 5 victories and a manager of the month award saved us!

My naïve tactics may be shown up by the fac we scored the 4th highest number of goals but only Whitehawk conceded more!

Cups

Terrible. First round exits in both competitions with the FA Trophy being the low point of the season. We lost to a mid-table team from the National League South and were awful

Transfers

I struggled to find anyone to strengthen the first team. The summer saw us take on a couple of squad players and a handful of teenagers while the winter saw us panic buy anyone who looked half decent. One, Tighe, threw his toys out the pram after three weeks and is now off to Ebbsfleet while Curry came off the bench to make his debut and ruptured his anterior ligament 5 minutes later.

Finances

With the absence of a cup run and new monthly debt repayments for the stadiujm upgrade our finances took a huge hit this season. Even staying well under the wage budget couldn’t help our debt soar to 400k

Notable players

Sam Evans Again Mr. consistency from central midfield, managed the step up in opposition really well

Leon Lobjoit – His best season yet, injury free, even when we lost he seemed to score. Ended with 27 in 41

Odysseus Spyrides – disappointing by his standards but still ended up with 19 golas in 41 games, as well as chipping in with 16 assists

Next season

Difficult. I might have to split the Lobjoit/Spyrides partnership up and go back to my trusted 4231. Either way the squad is manifestly not up to standard and something needs to change. I won’t get far if I let sentimentality take over!

Excitinngly, this has happened:- 

fleetwood.thumb.JPG.0fc2b6f5c36dfe065dfb93e8b187d68e.JPG

yeah, it is big-time actually!

I'm not entirely sure how to insert html tables but this will do....

careerover.thumb.JPG.af25f20d7bdcd2983034da50377002ff.JPG

image.gif

Posted (edited)

Hendon Fc 2018-2019 National League South

200px-HendonFcCrest.png

Hello all. I picked up fm2018 last weekend after not playing since 2015! A lot has changed and a lot is the same. I've managed to finish my first season and I'll post an update shortly. I stupidly forgot to do a starting profile screenshot so hopefully I can still join in. 

I only signed players I scouted or from DOF recommendations. I have also built my own tactic for the first time in fm having downloaded shamelessly in the last 10 fm games I've played. 

It's been a hard season, no instant success but a few plus points. The starting squad were very limited with only three real decent players and several backup. I managed to loan to plug gaps and picked up a few freebees. 

Having fun reading the 41 pages! 

Manager Profile (Scarily good likeness!) 

Hendon FC History

Hendon Football Club is a semi professional football club based in the London borough of Brent.  They have a rivalry with Wealdstone who happen to be in the National League South with me. (And demolished me both games!) 

Nickname(s) The Greens, The Dons
Founded 1908
Ground Silver Jubilee Park, Kingsbury
Capacity 1,990 (298 seated)

Season: 1

Predicted league position: 21st

Actual league position: 15th Graph Table

Season Narrative:

Hendon had no staff when I joined so I signed whoever applied to my job adverts. The start of the season was tough as we fought hard to scrape draws. We managed to hit a good run of form coinciding with a good cup run before being utterly crushed in the first round by league two Notts County. Ouch!

We managed a strong run of results over Christmas which pushed us clear of the threat of relegation before the squad downed tools and gave up on trying to achieve much more than mid table. 

Player Highlights:

Liam Bishop: Came in on loan from Newport County and carried us for a lot of the season. He was our target man and maim threat. Took a while to get going, but once he settled he knocked in over half the teams goals. Contract due to run out this summer so I hope he can stay.

Niko Muir: Started with the club, a versatile pacy player who excelled mainly as the legs for Bishop providing assists and breakaway goals. Form is very inconsistent however.

Andy Robinson: One of few leaders in a young squad Andy excelled after begging for more game time. He's a bit of an all rounder and scored some cracking long range strikes in important games.

Louie SC:  Started his career at Fulham before dropping down to AFC Wimbledon. I picked him up on a free transfer and he forged a strong partnership in the middle of the field. He's more likely than anyone else to provide an assist, but loses the ball frequently as he endeavours to unlock defences.

Aims: A second mid table position in a row would be my minimum with a similar cup run. Finances are red despite being careful with budget but that isn't unusual. If I could concede a few less that would be nice too! 

Overview (Manager)

Season                League                              Pos                Fa Cup 
2018-2019             National League South               15th             1st round 

Edited by SuperShaka

2026/2027- First season in Championship

Bit of an early update as there are two games left in the season, but as my league position is locked and I'll have less time to play shortly I thought I'd update now.

deHOBpY.png

Safety is guaranteed before our final two games home vs West Brom and at Sheffield United with a surprise 1-2 win at The Den. We actually managed to win our first two games of the year: away to Peterborough and home vs. Southampton which had me thinking of big things, but then just one win from the next 9 set us in 21st. We managed to get as high as 14th after that, but spent the majority of the rest of the season in 19th or 20th. After a 90th minute wondergoal from Sunderland took 2 points from us, we nearly folded completely and relegation seemed to be sneaking up on us.

pAIeIPm.png

A surprisingly clinical day against Derby and a good all-around performance against Barnsley were the only bright spots in a stretch that even saw us lose at home to a team that is likely going down. All of that set us up with the situation in the first screenshot. Any win in the final three games would keep us up, or a single loss from Barnsley and 2 from Peterborough. At halftime we had failed to put a single shot on Millwall's goal, so we went to a more attacking formation. With 10 minutes remaining we threw on another attacking player, though it was our defensive midfielder who would get the final goal a minute from time on a scramble from a corner kick. It was just his second of the season, but a great way to cap off a surprisingly good season from him in the Championship.

You may see a couple of relatively high profile names scoring for us in that screenshot, full transfers are given here. I struggled to find players who were better than what we already had who were willing to join us, so most of the summer signings ended up being backups. We brought back Oliver Dexter, who ran our backline in the National, and loaned Hawkes who was our top scorer last year. Both struggled a bit in the Championship. In January, I splashed on two very old players who were technically gifted still but very slow. It didn't really work out. 

Season stats. There weren't very many categories where any of our players led the league, but one was Kevin Gonzalez, who got 17 yellow cards in the Championship. He was suspended for 7 games this season, but was extremely solid. I expected him to struggle as he is not fantastic technically or mentally, but fantastic physically. He also had 8.38 tackles/game, which was 1.98 more than the next closest player. Our keeper also led the league in shots parried and shots held. We were under quite a bit of pressure in almost every game all year and these two really stepped up. Malyke Tufton finished 9th in the league in goals and 12th in assists and has very much been one of the driving forces to our success the past few years.

KMJfxTm.png

We lost in the first round of the Carabao Cup, but won in the third round of the FA Cup and drew Manchester United. Unfortunately the game was at home, so we could only sell 5,500 tickets. Finances have stabilized because we spend so little on wages; only 2.8mil p/a while the top team spends 42mil. We need to expand the stadium if we are ever going to offer more on wages, though. Still, we struggle to fill our modest stadium as our Championship games only averaged 4,782 fans. Right now this is as much a hinderance to our growth as our reputation; not only will big-name players not sign, but we can't afford to sign them without going into debt because we generate so little revenue.

Grantham Town - Vanarama North - 2020/21

Media prediction: 10th

Board expectation: Mid table finish

League Table - First place. Smashed both the board and my own expectations. We did blow a 13 point lead though, and left ourselves only 1 point clear of 2nd going into the last day, just to keep things interesting! Going full time meant our players really benefited from training through the season, and a few of the signings we made last season really came into their own this year.

FA Cup - A fantastic run to the 3rd round beating league 2 Accrington Stanley (who are they?) along the way. Derby County proved a step too far though, and beat us comfortably 3-0.

FA Trophy - An unexpected win, beating several conference north teams along the way. As well as being an achievement in itself, this fills me with confidence that we can compete in the league above next season.

Transfers - A continuation of out theme of slowly improving the squad year on year, this seasons transfers were all about improving cover for our 1st choice 11 and making sure injuries didn't hit us as hard as in the previous year. The exception being Joe Hardy, a striker we had tracked for almost a year before he agreed to join us, although we had to make him our highest paid player to convince him.

Squad - I'm really happy with where we are now. We have decent 1st choice and cover in each position, so we'll just be looking to improve when the right players become available.

Finances - One of the things that I didn't foresee when we went professional  was the fact that all of out players would want much higher wages. We more than tripled last seasons wage budget, and only the £195,000 in prize money from our cup runs kept us in the black.

Club Profile - Not too much change here, just our 2 latest trophies :) Plus the fact that we're playing our games at the Jakemans Stadium belonging to Boston united whilst our new stadium is built (kindly paid for by the local council).

Manager Profile - More coaching courses this season, and my attributes are still improving. Even my level of discipline went up! Still no movement on working with youngsters though.

Career Overview

Season    League            Position        FA Cup                      Achievements
2018/19   Vanarama North    7th             2nd Round                   Playoff semi final
2019/20   Vanarama North    14th            4th Qualifying Round        N/A
2020/21   Vanarama North    1st             3rd Round                   Promoted, FA Trophy Winners

Next Season

After our performances against Vanarama National teams in the cup competitions this year, I'm confident we can give a good account of ourselves next year. I'm aiming for a mid table finish at least.

7 hours ago, libbyshuss said:

congratulations on getting promotion!!

Cheers. I thought I'd blown it when my 13 point lead at the top turned into a 1 point lead with 2 games to go. managed to sneak 2 wins to seal it though.

Posted (edited)

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.d4e09bf4d35252a633901b32ea9e3f0f.png

Season 2022/23

National League

League

Expectation:      24th     

Finish:                 14th

We started the season reverting back to our old 4231 with a new upgraded spine of the team. I was cautiously optimisitic and we started well, with two victories. Then we won again. And Again. By September we were top! Our good form continued, although we slipped down to the play-off positions, we were well in contention. By the last weekend of January we had climbed back to 2nd and had a home game against mid-table Tranmere.

We lost 5-2. Ah well, I thought, these things happen. It ws a fairly even match, they just got the lucky breaks. I had no idea that we'd just stepped off a cliff. We lost again. And again, 5-2 at home against the teamin 20th this time. And again. I tried everything, praising players, shouting at them, changing tactics. But we lost again and again. In the end our end of season fixtures looked lke this:-

endofseason.thumb.JPG.ac5a621b513949f5efd11a7b84b694e9.JPG

In the first half of the season we’d finished third, second half we finished 2nd bottom. The last game of the season summed it up, against bottom of the table already relegated Chippenham we were 2-1 up, surrended 2 late goals, including a 93rd minute winner for them.

Even in seasons where I have been relegated I’ve never known a run as bad as that, when I finall won i just laughed.

Cups

Another televised game in the 1st round of the FA Cup, made it to the 4th round of the trophy, our best effort yet. Still not good enough for any much needed windfall though.

Transfers

We’ve got our first internationlas! Dionus Henry, a Jamaican goalkeeper, Henry Ochieng, a Kenyan midfielder and Scott Kashket, an Isreali forward. They brought problems of their own though as whenever international weekends were on we had to put out a significantly weakened team. Our first defeat of the season came on the international week

Finances

Pretty poor. 450k in debt, and still part-time. We’re going to struggle until we clear the debt and go full-time, but the board won’t go professional with that level of debt. I can't get trraining badges or upgrades on any facilities either.

Notable players

Ashley Marsden – our best player by  mile. Camer in on loan from Ipswich and played in the AMC spot, scoring 9 and assisting 18. Missed most of the run of doom through injury, which might not be a total coincidence

Leon Lobjoit – Got the nod ahead of Spyrides for the one striker slot and responded with 29 goals. But I think it might be the end for him at The Hillians

Next season

I’m not sure. With our end of the season performance half of me just wants to release the whole squad and start again. Except that would almost certainly see us relegated! I'm not giving up though, I got until Nov 2nd to complete the challenge!

Career Overview

career.thumb.JPG.478d9e11738b8d649a30de6bbb755885.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

Congratulations on promotion that there Phil!

That form Libby :o Respect for watching all those defeats!

4 hours ago, SuperShaka said:

That form Libby :o Respect for watching all those defeats!

it's got worse! Only one win from 10 in my new season - currently the last 28 league games have seen me win twice!! it may be a short challenge this year :-)

Posted (edited)

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama National 2019/20 - Season 2

8th

Expectation

League - Avoid Relegation

FA Cup – 1st Round

FA Trophy – 2nd Round

League

I started off slow but ended up in mid table and was hovering just outside of the play-off for most of the season including a mid-season slump where I had 7 games without a win (4 draws). A few games after that we ended up going on a 10 undefeated streak (1 draw in my second game against the leaders Barnet), which left me going into the last game of the season needing a point. However, the game was against leaders AFC Fylde who needed to win in order achieve promotion. Frustratingly it was 0-0 until the 87th minute when we scored an own goal and so ended up losing 1-0 and point outside the play-offs.

AFC Fylde game

Odds

Final Table

FA Cup

I had a TV game against Bolton so was knocked out in the first round so I was ok with going out to higher opposition

FA Trophy

Somehow, I managed to make it as difficult as possible on this as several rounds went to replays, extra time or penalties. However, despite all that we made up for last year’s heartache of losing in the final and routed Welling in the final 5-1

Players

Transfers  - I turned my squad over with getting promotion and probably suffered due to it. I brought in a lot of (better) young players and a couple of loans that helped end my bad run. During January I lost a few non-contract players to bigger teams but fortunately they weren’t in my starting 11.

Top Goalscorer – Dan Cashman who I signed at the start of the season on a free transfer. Scored 41 goals in 55 games

Highest average rating – Brandon Oddy who I signed just over midway through the season on loan and saved my season, which showed in his average rating of 7.93 overall and scoring 22 goals in 20 appearances.

Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven

End of Season Awards – Awards

End of Season Awards – Stats

Club

Finances – I made just under 250k over the season mainly due to high profile friendlies, the FA Trophy win and good control of my wage budget. It would have been higher however 300k was spent on facility & stadium upgrades.

Facilities – I improved the training and data analysis facilities during the season

Reputation – An increase but no real change

Season Review

Me

Profile – Gained my Continental C & B coaching badges over the season and currently studying for the A badge.

Interviews – I has the following interview opportunities during the season:

Barnsley – 21st Championship

Blackburn – 8th League 1

Bradford – 19th League 1

Oxford – 14th League 1

Walsall – 18th League 1

Wigan – 21st League 1

Next Season

Hopefully a stronger more settled squad and promotion

History

image.thumb.png.fe600a514e5d811d087beaf88ff9f7e5.png

Edited by Punchdrunk

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.717422ed53ac8f118bc72aade8969ede.png

Season 2023/24

National League

League

Expectation:      18        

Finish:                 21 - relegation

A complete disaster both on and off the pitch. Our poor form from the previous season continued into the new season with our first 15 games registering only one victory, albeit with 9 draws and some positive displays.

At the beginning of December we suffered a heavy defeat 6-2 away at Kidderminster and the board had had enough. They called me in to explain myself, I begged them, showing absolutely no dignity whasoever. They gave me a month to turn things around.

In the next week I was offered an interview at Championship Birmingham City and in the next news item told it was believed I was facing the sack if I didn’t get a positive result in the next match. Luckily, I won 4-2. The same sack waning  came up for the next game, in  match labelled ‘el Sackicko’. I narrowly won 3-2. Next came a home game against bottom of the table Saliswbury, who were already 9 points adrift. We dominated the game and went in at half time 2-1 up, completely in control. The lads looked up at me admiringly; “don’t get complacent”, I asserted, “things can turn around quickly in football”. They all responded positively and looked up for the challenge ahead. We lost 4-2. The month was up and the news came in.....

1100730285_jobsafe.thumb.JPG.ff422ca6c707b61367dc6f970e609ec5.JPG

I was spared! Two more offers for an interview at Championship clubs followed, as did wins against promotion chasing sides and drubbings against teams in the bottom 4. March came and our next match was away at promotion chasing Billericay. I got this in my news: losingfaith.thumb.JPG.23b7a550eeebbd27e441588e61caf248.JPG

And we went and did this: beatbillericay!.thumb.JPG.3ac55b228130187fe62ddf70bfc9ada2.JPG

With 5 games to go we were 21st, in the last relegation spot but only on goal difference. WE needed to finish the season strongly and we did with a 5 game unbeaten run! The last match saw us needing only to better the results of Salford and Sutton and we’d survive! WE played brilliantly, beating 3rd place Kidderminster 3-1. Sadly, Salford and Sutton also played brilliantly and we were relegated by goal difference.

The board called me in, I begged again, my dignity a long forgotten thing, and they have given me 5 games to save my skin. I need 10 points or I’ll be sacked at the start of next season.

To be honest, the most amazing thing about this season is how I haven’t been sacked already, I’ve been sacked for being a lot better than this!

Cups

The FA Cup offerd us agateway to forget about our league woes, and maybe build up some form. A 4th qualifying round match against loly NLS team Stalybridge offered the idea chance. We drew the first game 3-3 away and felt confident at home. We lost 5-2 in our worst performance of the season…

The Trophy was a little better, we made the third round before being humped 5-2 by fellow strugglers Newport.

Transfers

A successful window, with some good team strengthening in key positions. Or so I thought at the start of the season anyway. The signing of Odin Bailey was a bit of a coup as well and as good as he was, it just wasn’t enough.

Finances

A disaster. I was under the weage budget at the start of the season but well above it by the end. We haemorrhaged money and lost 450k. we are now 900k in debt. Honestly, my board doesn’t have a clue

Notable players

Scott Kashket – Replaced Lobjoit as first choice striker and responded with 44 goals in 49 games. Oftenseemed to be playing a different game than the rest – we lost 7-4 one game and he scored all 4. He wants to leave but I want to keep him – we’ll see

Odin Bailey – Ex-spurs and clearly playing underneath him at us. Struck up a good partnershiop with Kashket from AMC but couldn’t do enough. Also wants to leave, I also want to keep him

Kristian Musta - 18 year old released by Arsenal. Bossed the midfield like a seasoned pro and got this reward at the end of the season

mustaplayskosovo.thumb.JPG.d885d7850d10f4332901d874067fbdda.JPG

Another I want to keep!

Next season

I’m not giving up! If nothing else I should win more than I have the last 3 seasons. I’m back where I started in a much worse position financially but with a stronger squad. This is the fourth dafuge challenge I’ve done and by far the hardest! If I can get myself out of this mess it’ll be amazing. Otherwise it will be a spectacular car crash of a challenge!

career.thumb.JPG.20679795a0f1ee79f6845f379b7a8413.JPG

Agh @libbyshuss! To be fair I much prefer the challenges that are a battle with adversity and not a steamroll. I'm finding this FM miles harder than fm2015 but miles more rewarding. I've managed to make my own decent formation and managed to start getting good results. So good I was approached by our local rivals to be their new manager! 

I've reverted to 4-4-2 after my narrow diamond attempts were inconsistent or down right bad. At least we are defensively solid if unspectacular. Your club were promoted in my save last season and released their newgen striker who got 20 odd goals. I picked him up but so far he's a temperamental little sausage.

1 hour ago, SuperShaka said:

Agh @libbyshuss! To be fair I much prefer the challenges that are a battle with adversity and not a steamroll. I'm finding this FM miles harder than fm2015 but miles more rewarding. 

I totally agree, which is why I'm gonna keep on playing. As the end of the season came around I realised I would be far more upset at being sacked than I would be relegated. If I do manage to get out of this mess it'll be amazing!

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.7a36c2e20e4a446c0589efb881c4b4f4.png

Season 2024/25

National League South

League

Expectation:        6    

Finish:                 3 – play-off winners!!

Well, that was a lot harder than I expected. With the team I had I thought it would be a breeze but we struggled for any consistency. We could never put a good run of results together and as a result were always playing catch-up. By March we finally did it, 5 wins and a draw put us level on points with Woking with only 7 games to play. The next match was home against bottom of the table Tonbridge. We drew 1-1. No matter, next game was another home game, against relegation threatened Havant. We were 3-0 down after 13 minutes and lost 3-2. Next we were away against new table-toppers Dulwich, who slaughtered us. Suddenly, our title chances looked very slim.

With one match left to play we were on a run of form with only 1 win in 6, morale ws looking shaky, and we had to go away to play-off chasing Welling. A good rearguard display at least meant we headed into the play-offs with a final win.

First up was a home match against Salisbury. We dominated the game and deservedly won 2-1. The final saw us away at Dulwich, who hammered us mere weeks before. We put on the best display all season, dominated the game and should have won by far more than the 1-0 we did win by. We’re back!

Cups

FA Cup saw us travel to L2 Northampton in round 1, who duly handed us our arse on a plate. A disappointing home performace against national league Sutton saw us depart the FA Trophy in the second round  

Transfers

A bit of a clearout was needed in order to reduce the wage bill (almost by half!) with the big sale being Musta. Rotherham offered 7k, I asked for 250k. This went back and forth for awhile until they offered 99k, which the chairman deemed to good to turn down. Which, to be fair, in our position, it probably was.

Finances

5 games into the new season this happened:-

takeover.thumb.JPG.45c6af67e3243fe753ad4b58bccd9bab.JPG

The cleared the debt by taking out a massive loan so now we’re in the black but with two massive loan repayments a month (debt and stadium). The wage limit was reduced almost by half to 5.5k a week so the squad was reduced drastically.

Notable players

Scott Kashket – As soon as relegation was confirmed he was in the office asking for a move. He spent the whole season unhappy but nobody came in for him. Even after his first 14 games returned 26 goals. By the end of the season he had 51 goals and had requested to stay, signing a new contract in the process

Odin Bailey – Another who was clearly way too good for regional football, dominated games with 28 goals and 25 assissts from deep. He’s got a value of 110k so I’m not sure whether to keep him or cash in

Sam Evans – had fallen out of favour the last couple of seasons but National South is a level he really excels in

Next season

Please not a relegation battle. I’m almost at the stage where continuing playing is masochism but I’m determined to give it the best shot before Nov 2 arrives! These challenges are my favourite, because I find them really challenging! I'm also really stubborn...

career.thumb.JPG.289d63ebbff8b96109d79980acb07391.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

Good job @libbyshuss! I'm close to the end of season 2 and the lads are working hard! Could make the playoff places if I'm lucky.

I signed waaay too many players though and I think rotating has cost us consistency. Doesn't help that Bishop hasn't scored in 17 games and my other signing flopped despite 26 goals last season!

Neil Brock just came into my academy (si staff ) he's got potential..

Edited by SuperShaka

Altrincham - Premier League 2026/27 - Season 9

After another solid season the hope was to try and close the gap on our fellow Manchester clubs at the top, with the Board hoping for a top four finish, the Bookies gave us an outside chance of the title with the Media Predicting a fourth place finish. Whilst Dutch Striker Marco van der Meer was an outside shot for Top Scorer.

European Rankings - We climb 14 places to 25th putting us above Arsenal.

Reputation - A slight boost as we now become the best of the rest.

World Reputation - We finally make the list and are the best of the four star teams, sitting behind a few surprise Spanish sides.

Transfers - A busy and expensive season as I concentrated on quality over quanity, with a club record £75m spent on a Centre Back from Chelsea, £34m was spent on Italian Striker Pellegri who City didn't want, I also snapped up a Brazilian Wonderkid Striker and a couple of cheap promising youngsters and in Jan I picked up a couple of highly promising youngsters before breaking my transfer record again spending £78m on another Defender.

Though we did recoup most of our outlay as with us up against the squad limits I cleared out various youngsters and squad players selling nearly all for hefty profits.

Community Shield - Another poor start to the sesaon as we just didn't turn up and new Striker Pellegri missing a pen didn't help.

League Cup - We again made it to the final, but had a fairly tough route (Liverpool got the likes of Exeter and Shrewsbury) as my second string beat a lacklustre City side before snatching a win over Utd, and then my first string thrashed a woeful Spurs side to set up a Semi-Final against Brighton and the First Leg didn't go to plan as despite dominating the game we just couldn't score and had to settle for a draw and thankfully we took our chances in the Second Leg with a Pellegri hat-trick booking our place back at Wembley.

In the Final we faced Liverpool and it wasn't a great game as the finishing on both sides was fairly poor with Liverpool taking an unjust lead on the stroke of half-time as Striker Velasco tracked back to win the ball back but then went down with an injury in the left back spot with Liverpool taking the gifted goal instead of doing the sporting thing and kicking the ball out of play, but thankfully van der Meer drew us level in the second half and with neither time able to find a winner the game went to pens.

In the Shootout Pellegri stepped up first and scored, before Liverpool put their first wide and then my Keeper saved their second, but then Gray and Hamilton both had their pens saved and with Liverpool scoring next we were all level after three each and with Liverpool scoring their next the pressure was now on us but Lawlor smashed his pen into the top corner and Van der Meer put his into the corner putting us back in the lead and then it was time for my Keeper to play hero as we saved their last pen to secure our second League Cup :)
Our victory also continued a weird pattern the last six winners have been - Utd, Chelsea, Us, Utd, Chelsea, Us. So looks like it's Utds turn next season.

FA Cup - We made it to our third Final in a row, though we made things harder than they should have been needing injury time goals to beat Spurs in the Third Round, brushed past League One Portsmouth despite Pellegri missing two pens before beating Palace and Southampton, this set up a Semi-Final against Arsenal and despite my Keeper Perez carrying an injury a brace from Velasco was enough to win and setup a Final against Stoke again who'd beaten Utd in the other Semi-Final.

In the Final we dominated the game despite falling behind early as a hat-trick from returning Academy grad Olly Gray inspired our win and he was only back in the team due to Velasco not being fit enough to start and he was coming off the back of a 10 hour goal drought, whilst Pellegri even managed to score a pen. We also become the first time since Blackburn in the 1880's to make it three in a row and are closing in on their unbeaten record.

Champions League Group Stage - We blew through the Group with ease, qualifying with two games to spare, though the defeat to Leverkusen did cost us top spot whilst we were still only good enough to be a third seed, but got the luck of the draw with CSKA being the weakest top seed this was only their third appearance in the group stage finishing botton on their previous attempts as well, though they did generally get out of their Europa groups but not much further, Leverkusen were again second seeds and had actually lifted the Europa League last season beating Dortmund, though in the meantime they seem to have lost most of their best players to other clubs and making up the group were Villareal playing in just their second Champions League campaign, with their best being a Europa Quarter Final finish a few seasons back.

Thanks to finishing second we drew Barcelona in the Knockout Round and with the First Leg at home we put ourselves in a commanding position claiming a fairly easy 3-0 win and most importantly didn't conceed so we won't be going out on away goals this time, in the Second Leg we were down to the bare bones Strikers Van der Meer and Velasco were both out getting injured against City, Centre-Back Gomez was also injured whilst Leipertz was suspended and what resulted was a poor performance as we struggled to get going but thankfully Barcelona couldn't take full advantage and a second half goal from Zmievskyi gave us an all important away goal and we held on this time for the agg win.

In the Quarter Final we entertained a Benfica side who knocked out Leverkusen and with the First Leg at home we put in a poor performance as we just couldn't take our chances finishing with a draw, but worse was to come in the Second Leg as we just never got going falling 2-0 down before van der Meer gave us hope but then blew it as we gifted them two late goals to suffer an defeat against a team we really should have beaten.

In the Final City retained their title beating Utd in the Final, whilst Soton went out to Monaco in the Knockout Round.

Premier League - I have no idea how we managed this, we got off to a Great Start being unbeaten in our first nine games, drawing just two and we also beat City which put us four points clear at the top, but then things started to fall apart as we suffered a narrow defeat to Utd, then some shocking defending and a 93rd minute pen saw us lose 4-3 to Liverpool follwed by a 1-0 defeat to Arsenal saw us drop to fourth putting us five points behind new leaders City.

Going into December draws against Fulham and Bournemouth didn't help before wins over Stoke, WBA and Newcastle over Christmas put us top at the half way stage two points clear of a City side who did have two games in hand and three clear of Utd who also had a game in-hand. After 19 games each we would have been second two points behind City and ahead of Utd on goal difference.

The New Year got off to a bad start as we were hammered by Chelsea, but Utd dropped points against Derby and City drew to Liverpool, whilst neither could take full advantage of their games in hand with City winning one but then losing to Arsenal, with Utd drawing to Liverpool which saw Chelsea catch upto us, whilst a win over Soton took us top on goal difference after City could only draw to Chelsea. Next up we blew a 2-0 lead to draw against Spurs whilst City lost to Fulham, but a Chelsea win put them a point behind us, whilst Utd had two games in hand which they won to put them top at the end of the month.

Going into Feb both Chelsea and City dropped points, which meant after 25 games each Utd were now four points clear at the top, we were second two points clear of City and four clear of both Chelsea and Arsenal and we lost more ground drawing 0-0 with Villa.

In March we faced City where defensive errors cost us a victory but more worringly they took out Strikers Van der Meer and Velasco and they would both be injured for the next month which was a blow and this meant with 10 games left Utd were now eight points clear, whilst Chelsea had drawn level with us. Of course next up we faced Utd where a 1-1 draw didn't help either of us and was a scrappy game as we took an early lead with Pellegri took advantage of a defensive error, but things then went wrong in the last 10 mins as he missed another pen, then with minutes left Badea made an awful backpass which gifted Isak a goal and then in the 93rd minute Perez saved a Dybala pen so a draw was I suppose a fair result and elsewhere City lost to a 91st minute Soton goal and Chelsea could only draw to Fulham. We then claimed a Birthday win over Derby.

This took us into April and in the early game Everton did us a fair beating Utd in the 93rd minute and in the late game we beat Liverpool 3-2 (despite missing another pen) putting us just two points behind then though having played one game more and on the Sunday both Chelsea and City lost which put Bournemouth third and all but ended Citys title chance. Then in mid-week we were given our chance as Utd came from two goals down to draw at Spurs, in the late game a double from Pellegri took us top on goal difference, though Utd still had a game in hand but they were running out of steam as they were picking up injuries and thanks to some awful squad building over the last few seasons could only name a 19 man squad for the league as they don't seem to have any homegrown players and at the weekend another Pellegri double (plus a missed pen) saw us beat Palace as Utd drew at Swansea giving us a two point lead. However we nearly blew our chance drawing to Fulham after Utd beat Mboro to leave us top on goal difference, but Utd won their game in hand to put them top.

Now into May Utd were three points clear at the top with just four games left, whilst Chelsea were just one point behind us but they'd played an extra game and City had got back into the top four but were four points back having also played an extra game. We opened up with a draw in the early game at Newcastle and with Utd beating Villa, we'd dropped to third after Chelsea beat City which did end City's challenge. Next up we beat Stoke 3-0 in our game in hand which put pressure on Utd who went and lost to Brighton this meant with just two games left we were two points behind Utd and two ahead of Chelsea.

In our next game we just about beat West Brom 4-3 after some awful defending nearly cost us but a double from Pellegri including a scored pen and a brace from a barely fit again Velasco gave us the three points, whilst Utd suffered a 4-1 defeat at City which meant we were now one point clear at the top and our fate was in our own hands, with Chelsea two points back.

Going into the final day we faced Bournemouth who's Champions League hopes were over, whilst Utd faced Chelsea which actually gave Chelsea a slim chance of the title and Chelsea tried to make it happen taking an early lead at Utd, however after 28 mins Utd drew level and 2 minutes later we opened the scoring in our game - as Pellegri released Velasco who curled the ball into the top corner which proved to be the only goal in our game as we had an off day in front of goal but held on for the win which was important as Utd beat Chelsea, however a 1-0 win was enough to secure the title and complete half the challenge :cool:

Rather interestingly we actually got less points this season than we did last season, with this being the lowest title winning points so far in-game, we also rather surprisingly had the second best defence, we also only had the sixth best home record, but had the best away record despite getting nine more points at home. We also ended the season on a  16 game unbeaten run last losing to Everton in Jan it was just all those draws that nearly cost us.

This was probably our best shot at winning the title as well - Utd are down to the barebones and most of their team are past 32 so they are likely to spend big next season, Liverpool have just had a tycoon takeover, whilst Chelsea and Arsenal have pushed back on.

Squad, Home & Stat-Pack.

In Goal Colombian Hugo Perez was in fine form which was good considering his understudy left in Jan, though I do have a couple of kids who can sit on the bench.

In the Centre of Defence as my Stopper was Romanian Bogdan Badea who again had a fairly poor season and with his contract up I might move him on though he does seem to be attracting some high level interest, playing to his Right was Portuguese Powerful Centre-Back Antonio Rodrigues who added some much needed quality to my defence, whilst on the Left was Argentine Hugo Navarro who arrived for big money and slotted straight in, though I forget Soton were in the Champions League so he was cup tied for Europe. Providing cover was Joe Gomez started poorly but actually improved in the second half when his place was under threat and should at least provide some experience for my second string next season, whilst Serbian Wonderkid Vladimir Sankovic put in some good performances and might push out Badea next season.

At Right Wing Back Turkish Wonderkid Ilhami Gizlen's season was pretty much a write off he broke his ankle in October playing for Turkey which ruled him out for two months, got back fit and then broke his leg in Jan ruling him for the rest of the season :( This meant Italian Wonderkid Fabrizio Ambrogetti was thrown in and after a rocky start improved as the season went on and should put Gizlen's place under threat next season.

At Left Wing Back was Welshman Ben Davies who didn't have a great season and fighting with him was German Till Leipertz who had a good season but would go missing in some games, however I don't think either player are going to be good enough going forward.

In the Centre of Midfield as my Deep Lying Playmaker was Committed Turk Ibrahim Yanikdemir who had a good season and had pushed himself into the first team before he broke his leg at the end of the season, covering for him was Scot Jim Hamilton who had a poor season but has somehow attracted Citys attention, playing as my Box-to-Box Midfielder (and occasionally as a Carrilero) was Ian Lawlor who had a good season and rotated with Czech Marek Kovarik who didn't really push on as I'd hoped.

Upfront Leading the line was Italian Elite Striker Pietro Pellegri who despite scoring goals for fun, ending the season as the Prem Top Scorer and was the first Striker in five seasons to score 30+ league goals for us he proved to be a mixed bag he scored three hat-tricks, seven doubles and four in one game so that is 27 goals from 11 games but just 19 from the other 40 which meant he'd either score for fun or not at all, whilst his return of 8 from 14 pens was fairly poor but I don't really have another pen taker and to be honest he was still an upgrade on Weatherall. Playing to his right was Dutch Wonderkid Marco van der Meer who had another excellent season and was third for UCL Golden Boot, whilst on the Left was Colombian Wonderkid Jeferson Velasco who also had an excellent season but has had his head turned by Paris and he wants over £200K p/w to sign a new contract, though he does have an extension clause so I will at least get next season out of him, he also claimed our fourth European Golden Boy award.

Best XI - I'd agree with that, with Lawlor for Kovarik the only likely change.

Overall XI - Two changes as Perez swaps with Grabara in goal and Badea comes in at Centre-Back, whilst van der Meer pushes Weatherall off the bench.

Prem Select - Strikers Pellegri and van der Meer as well as Yanikdermir, Rodrigues and Perez all make the team, with Velasco the only player unlucky to miss out.

Academy - We got a couple of Promising options this season South African Lucas Rambuwane is looking good and may be a long term replacement for Weatherall with the other option being James Bradshaw who is the first midfielder my academy has produced, we also got another midfielder but he defected to Utd :(

Finances - Still a healthly bank balance despite losing money (though that is from before we get the Champions League TV money which is ~£30m) the main increase was stadium related as that income doubled to just over £30m thanks to using Old Trafford, though our average attendance was less than 30K so we shouldn't take a massive hit when we move back to our ground next season. Our main expense increases were from bonuses which doubled to £40m, wages also went up £20m and an extra £10m on ground improvements. Whilst our Net Transfer Spend was ~£60m which was similar to last season which put us third in the League behind Utd and Liverpool, whilst our Salary costs are still in the bottom half but upto 14th.

Facilites - Improvements finally went through but only one level (and for three years work) and at the end of the season we finally got a Youth Level improvement and for the last home game we actually moved back into our Newly Expanded Ground, and it looks like we'll actually get to use it next season despite the board Expanding it again upto a reasonable 27K.

Profile - Only real change see's my Reputation reach Superb, though I did win another Manager of the Year Award and finally made it into the English Hall of Fame. Also rather surprisingly I didn't get any links to the England job when Southgate resigned instead they went for the Stoke Manager Solbakken.

Nationalities

11 ENG
3 GER, ITA
2 ARG, BRA, COL, MEX, IRL, TUR, URU, WAL
1 CZE, NED, POR, ROU, SCO, SRB, UKR

Squad Rules

Currently I have 17 registered FGN players, with a further 6 unregistered.

For the squad rules we have 23 out of 25 players registered.

For Homegrown rules we have 19 Club Grown and 5 Nation Grown with a further 11 due to become Homegrown 2 of which are due at the end of this season, and just 5 not counting at all.

Plans For Next Season

So with half of the challenge complete after we snatched the Premier League Title from Utd, the only target next season is the Champions League to complete the challenge.

Transferwise the priority is a quality Left Back, though there does seem to be a real lack of them in the game at the moment, though I look to have found a guy in Argentina who looks good and his contract is up so I can get him on a free, I could also do with some squad depth but we are at our squad limits and I'm struggling to find decent domestic kids, looks like the best ones are only coming through the bigger clubs which makes impossible to poach.

I've also just noticed that Billericay have just made it to the Championship as the AI seems to have joined the challenge this year :)

Leaderboard points (FM Mode)(My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)
(points / position)
Single Game: 8,777,981 (37,522)
Single Season: 1,674,432 (121,675)
Single Season England: 1,674,432 (67,686)
Single Season Premiership: 1,674,432 (66,834)
Single Season Championship: 177,858 (31,475)
Single Season League One: 709,941 (9,933)
Single Season League Two: 749,065 (1,360)
Single Season National League: 1,090,552 (153)
Single Season National North: 868,235 (94 :cool:)

Career Overview

Season League League Finish Achievements Leaderboard Points Av. Attendance
18/19 National North 1st Promoted & FA Trophy Winners  868,235 1,927 (31%)
19/20 National League 1st Promoted & FA Trophy Winners 1,090,552 / 1,958,787 3,022 (49%)
20/21 League Two 1st Promoted  749,065 / 2,707,852 3,920 (87%)
21/22 League One 4th Promoted - Playoffs & Checkatrade Trophy Winners  709,941 / 3,417,793 4,198 (98%)
22/23 Championship 2nd Promoted  177,858 / 3,595,651 5,000 (100%)
23/24 Premier League 4th League Cup Winners 888.542 /  4,484,193 25,146 (87%)
24/25 Premier League 5th FA Cup & Europa League Winners 1,659,357 /  6,143,550 25,721 (88%)
25/26 Premier League 3rd FA Cup Winners. UCL Semi-Finalists  959,999 / 7,103,549 13,792 (100%)
26/27 Premier League 1st FA Cup & League Cup Winners, UCL QF 1,674,432 /  8,777,981 27,971 (30%)

Championship 2027/2028:

Z1fMsm8.png

After a rough start we settled in to a comfortable mid-table spot, but in January I thought with a little defensive help we could push to the playoffs. With 7 games left I thought we had no shot, but Leeds only managed to pick up 4 points in those last 7 and we jumped them late. It didn't matter, as we were completely outplayed in both legs of the playoffs by Southampton.

A new record transfer in and two transfers out of significant value (in terms of club history) marked this season's dealings. I'll go over the squad as a whole in a bit.

Season stats, we scored a lot of goals this year, but also conceded far too many.

I'm hoping we can edge into the Prem after next season but we have one major problem: even with the payouts and everything from the FA we only broke even this year. We can finally start attracting better players (as will be evident from Chantler and Thompson) but unless we go up soon we can't afford to pay them. We managed to sell out the stadium 8 times, but averaging under 5,000 attendance isn't paying the bills for much longer. The board are reluctant to make any upgrades, and I think the stadium may be at maximum capacity as my only option is to ask for a brand new stadium which we can't afford. Still, this squad should be able to challenge for a promotion spot with a few upgrades. 

Here is my confidence in the current squad by position:

GK: 2/10. I went into this season thinking either Steve Curran or Craig Taylor would be competent starters and I'd rotate until one found some form. Unfortunately, that never happened. The two averaged 2 goals conceded per game and left me scrambling for anyone who could make a difference in January. We found Ryan Pardo-Roques on the transfer list with an expiring contract at Man Utd and he managed to bring that down to under 1.5 per game and had 7 clean sheets in 20 games where the others had 2 combined in 28. I nearly signed him on a free but his wage demands are a bit extreme so I'm holding out hope that we can find someone better this summer.

DR: 0/10. I thought Bradley Halliday was going to be a solid player for me this season but he was anything but. Below average play led to him eventually being benched and now he'll be gone on a free this summer. Loanee Kelechi Ibeh ended up moving out wide and was slightly better, though he too made too many mistakes for my liking. Right now I desperately need to find someone to play this position, and it will be my number one transfer target.

DC: 3/10. You might be noticing a trend here, and it's no surprise we ended the season second worst in terms of number of goals conceded. Michael Kamau was great, averaging 7.01 over 44 starts despite all the goals we conceded and I'd love to bring him back again but he was only here on loan so there's a possibility we may not be able to get him back. Scott Pickerill was the surprise of the season, as the very limited CB was only signed to be a backup but averaged a 7.07 rating in 28 appearances. I hope he can replicate this next season but I'm skeptical due to his attributes. Completely the opposite, Michael Naylor was supposed to be a reliable starting CB but instead he was dreadful. Oliver Dexter was better than Naylor in his limited playing time but I'd also like to strengthen this position

DL: 8/10 Gary Goodwin was our record transfer and in his half season here he averaged a 7 rating. He's young and ambitious so he should only improve going forward. The backup, Craig Bunn, was adequate but unspectacular. 

DM: 10/10 The only downside to Kevin Gonzalez is that he's forced into so many tackles that he misses a handful of games each season due to suspension. The league leader in tackles/game (and yellow cards), he managed a 7,22 average rating despite only being involved with 4 goals all season. His backup, Dave Dunning, provided a 7 average rating in 12(15) appearances. 

ML: 1/10 We had the Young Player of the Year, Ryan Johnson, who provided 1 goal and 18 assists but he was on loan from West Brom who were relegated from the Premier League so it may be difficult to get him back. His backup, Calum Rogers only made 4 appearances and doesn't look to be cut out for this level.

MR: 9/10 Spencer Howe was great and started 42 games in the league. We will rely on him to start almost every game again this season. Currently we don't have a backup as we sold his backup in January.

AMC: 8/10 Whitby icon Malyke Tufton moved from ST to AMC this season and was great. Originally I thought he would rotate with Ollie Boness, but Boness was quite bad all season so I'm not sure if he'll be back next season.

ST: 10/10 We had the top scorer in the league and the third top scorer, both contributing 17 assists as well (mostly to each other). Craig Thompson had 40 in 47, Gary Chantler had 30 in 42. My only fear is that someone will unsettle them as Thompson complained for a while that I didn't sell him to Brentford. We sold the backup, Dale Pearce, and the replacement we signed tore his hamstring, but Dick Jameson should be back to 100% by the start of the next season.

We've got a transfer budget of 2.2mil with 10k p/w free for wages, though I will likely shift most of that into wages and look for cheap players again.

Hendon Fc 2019-2020 National League South

200px-HendonFcCrest.png

Season: 2

Predicted league position: 19th

Actual league position: 11th

Season overview (club homepage)

Season Narrative:

Well, that was an up and down season! Battled for consistency all season with many runs of bad form followed by a short spell of good form. I brought in too many players (as always on FM!) who lacked quality and rotated too much so our form suffered. The FA Cup efforts were pathetic and my strikers were pretty diabolical. On the plus side the keeper I loaned was excellent and contributed to us conceding half as many goals as last season! We actually were in with a shout for the playoff places for most of the season as 6 or so teams battled for the final spot. The lads just couldn't get us into them in the end, even losing 1-0 to 10 man Weston Supermare to rub salt in the wound! Our strikers were particularly bad. Bishop went from a 20 goal a season striker to barely scoring 5 and on a 18 hour run without a goal. Elstone offered little more and too went 11 hours without a goal. My big hope signed from promoted Bognor last season scored 26 goals for them and err 4 for me. My cup runs were poor but finances are ok as we have a positive balance of 30k. 

Player Lowlights:

Brandon Ganley : On loan from my parent club Ganley helped us concede way less goals. A good performer despite the stats looking a bit questionable. 

Amin: On loan from Leyton Orient (notice a theme here?!) Amin was a constant threat and able deputy to Niko Muir. Contract is up this season so may join full time...

Hudson On loan from my parent club Hudds made up for the rest of my strikers failures and contributed to a decent goals tally. Hopefully will return next season for the promotion push. 

Louie Up to National south standard and continues to improve. Probably our best all round player. 

Aims: 

To bring in some quality

To push for the playoffs

To score some goals :( 

Overview (Manager)

Season                League                              Pos                Fa Cup 
2018-2019             National League South               15th             1st round 
2019-2020	      National League South               11th             3rd qualifying
Edited by SuperShaka

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.28abebb286fa46849d6e1f6ac60ca82d.png

Season 2025/26

National League

League

Expectation:    24th       

Finish:                 6th

Finally a good season in the National League! We started really well, going unbeaten in our first 11 with 6 wins and 5 draws. I didn’t get carried away though as it was a relatively easy start and the real test was to come, with 5 consecutive matches against promotion chasing teams. 3 draws and 2 defeats later I had a better idea of where we were. We were 7th. Every time we lost I had a horrible feeling of déjà vu, and expected us to fall off a cliff, but we always recovered and put some results together. With a handful of games to go we were 8 points clear of 8th position in a play-off place. Then Tranmere, in 8th, went nuts and with one game to go they were level on points with us. We had a better goal difference but were away at 2nd place Notts County while they had a relatively easy home game. This happened:-

beatnottsco76.thumb.JPG.a3e31373980bb05a94bdcd6d6f67f66c.JPG

We were in the play-offs! Three days later we were brought back down to earth when this happened:-

playoff.thumb.JPG.e685030f084e7847170370b98ab96b0c.JPG

Overall though a very successful season and one to build on! We set  record for goals scored with 117 scored. We let in 88 though, so I know where improvement is needed anyway

Cups

So close again! Second round of the FA Cup saw us battered away at L2 Yeovil, we made round 3 of the Trophy. Our coffers really could do with a good cup run.

Transfers

Still stuck on free transfers and non-contract players. It was our loan players that were the real stars this season!

Finances

Stil not great. Still losing money and our wage budget is still decreasing year on year. It’s lower than most regional teams now!

Notable players

Peter Wilson – The Governor! Brought in as cover for Kashnek, he got his chance in match 3 and never stopped scoring. Became our most important player and scored 45 goals in 44 games. Ended up winning this

potsnational.thumb.JPG.7d9ec6a1128f89b9f42ac5f188c2235d.JPG

Tried to get him back for next season but Fulham said no, the beggars

Scott Kashket – an injury interrupted season. I changed formation to get both him and Wilson in and they were a ridiculously good partnership. 29 goals and 18 assists in 32 games.

Next season

Can we build on this? I need to strengthen the defence first and keep hold of my best players. I have a board who thinks a packet of monster munch is too good an offer to turn down at the minute

career.thumb.JPG.b2f9b75f8a09c009de0688373e8706a1.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.f52ce92e734a130ff39d8939ef2bc345.png

Season 26/27

National League

League

Expectation:           22

Finish:                 3 (play off winners!)

We headed into the new season with our youngest ever side, 6 of the first choice XI being 20  or under and as a result I was prepared for a ver inconsistent season. So it seemed in the first half of the season as well. We mad an ok start, but 4 defeats in our first 10 league games left us on the edge of the play-offs, a place we occupied or most of the season. In the first week of January we were beatne 1-0 at home by promotion chasing Sutton and it seemed that a battle for the play-offs was on. But we kept getting results and managed to go the rest of the season with only one more defeat. We got to second but 3 draws in our final 3 games saw us slip to 3rd.

The play-off semi-final saw us at home against Gateshead in a match we dominated, coming out 2-1 winners to set up a final against Sutton, who had done the double against us in the league. It was a very cagey affair, with barely any chances either way in the first half. The second half opened up a bit and saw us awarded a penalty in the 72nd minute. Kashket smashed it against the bar. He’d missed his last two penalties and I’d seriously considered removing him from penalty taking duties prior to the final and was now cursing my faith in him. The game petered out and headed into extra-time. In the 108th minute we bundled home a goal and held on to claim promotion!

playofffinal.thumb.JPG.3a2d109812bdbbdb0afca939eeb4bcd2.JPG

Cups

4th qualifying round  of the FA Cup saw us cruising 3-0at home against Accrington. They scored a consolation in the 82nd minute and then scored 2 more, in the same minute, to claim a 3-3 draw! I couldn’t believe it! We won the replay on penalties and made it all the way to the second round where our reward was a televised home game against L1 Doncaster. We matched them everywhere but the score, as they scored an 88th minute winner. Look! 2 goals in the 92nd minute!!!

33accrington.JPG.9f382cc84b6482ec0876297016aeaf99.JPG

FA Trophy saw us lose in the 3rd round to Wrexhm, one of our bogey sides

Transfers

A reduced wage budget saw us again scrambling around for free transfers, and mainly for very young players. We managed to get a handful who looked very promising and managed to exceed expectations. The board sold my promising right back for 7k but I managed to get him back in on loan and he was great.

Finances

Finally looking good! A good cup run with two televised games and a play-off final saw us well in profit for the first ever season. More excitingly, when we were assured of safety from relegation the board rewarded me with this:

igotmoney!.thumb.JPG.3dda35185259cadac602ebb211702927.JPG

Shame nobody wants to come to us but it should help boost the wage budget! W went up spending 226k per annum - there were 10 teams spending over a million, with Boston spending 1.8m!

Notable players

Scott Kashket – now 31 he is still the most important player in the side. Becme more of a creator this season, playing mainly on the left flank which saw him provide nearly as many assists as goals. 29 goals and 25 assissts in 45 games overall

Harrison Biggins – Brought in as cover but given a chance when I realised just how young my first XI would be if I didn’t. His experience seemed to work wonder in gelling the team together and he was a consistent performer all season. At 31 was always going to be a short-term fix.

Sean Parker – wasn’t intended as a replacement for governer Pete Wilson but that’s what he turned out to be, plundering 37 goals in 48 games, mostly provided by Kashket’s crosses into the box

Next season

I’d like us to be full time but the board has yet to make that decision. Survival as to be key and some experience through transfers might be the answer

career.thumb.JPG.2455acb33b7b6ed2c409a4d77ab014e1.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

@libbyshuss absolutely flying now. Glad you stuck with it! 

Media have predicted a 5th placed finish so pressure is on. I think most of my squad are vanarama south level at least now. Niko Muir left because I signed a right winger and I let my striker flops leave and brought in some new blood. Tried to get a bit more experience in the side so picked up some national league vets to help guide the kids. Board decided to expand the stadium so now in debt but we are up to 21 season ticket holders lol

28/29 Championship

KC20zn4.png

Our first 7 digit transfer fee this year as we pick up GK Johannes Almqvist for 1mil from Bournemouth as he was after more playing time. Picked up Ross Ferdinand on an expiring contract from Liverpool to be our every-day RB and James Poole for 350k on the August deadline day to start at CB. Kamau and Johnson re-joined on loan along with Hugo Vikberg and Mark Roberts.

Twryxau.png

We'll be playing in the KCOM Stadium next year.

Season stats. Gary Chantler struggled for form at times but Malyke Tufton more than made up for it and won Player of the Year. Vikberg on loan won Young Player of the Year, Craig Thompson won top scorer for the second consecutive season; those 3 and Gary Goodwin and James Poole were named in the Team of the Year, and I won Manager of the Year.

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.c58192fd6abb9a8b3e309688b613cc3c.png

Season 27/28

League 2

League

Expectation:       24   

Finish:                 5

We went full time over summer and were given a proper wage amd transfer budget for the first time. By the time the season started our wage bill had rocketed from 226k pa to 716k pa with all the investment to the squad. We started the season with 6 new players in our starting side. Our first 5 games saw 2 victories, a draw and 2 defeats, which kind of set the pattern for our season. We struggled to put a good run together until Christmas, when we won 5 ina row. This put us a point off top, and was followed by 6 games without a win. But we kept grinding out results, without me ever feeling particularly confident. A good couple of results saw us in this position with 4 matches to go, our next game against FC United:

4gamesleft.thumb.JPG.55c21571877c5898b4f484999b674967.JPG

We lost 7-0, our heaviest ever defeat and were appalling. We then lost our next match 5-2, away at Dagenham and were suddenly 8th. A spirited 2-1 victory against Fleetwood saw us in this position, with a game to play

1gametogo.thumb.JPG.7a868bbaac13b37646af7c1f5662b3ca.JPG

Our final match? Away at Burton in a winner takes all! We drew 2-2, so neither of us took anything as FC United snuck in to steal the third automatic spot.

A fantastic 5-2 away win at Crawley saw us ehead into our second consecutive play-off final, this time against Burton. Again, it was a draw, and although they were reduced to ten men we couldn’t make the breakthrough. We headed into pentlaties……. We missed our first, they scored, we missed our third, they scored….. they won 4-2. So close!

Cups

A home game in the second round against Hartlepool saw us with out best ever chance of making it through to round 3! We battered them, 20 shots to their 2. They won, 1-0.

League cup and checkatrade cup we exited first round with very poor displays

Transfers

We had money! We brought in all free transfers, a mix of youngsters with a point to prove and players with L2 experience. We got a good balanced squad but there’s definitely room for improvement

Finances

Finally looking good! Another stadium expansion means we now got a 5k capacity, and we finished with a profit for the second season running. Play-off finals and trips to Wembley definitely help with that!

Notable players

Scott Kashket – At 32, and becoming more injury prone, I expected Scott to be more of a peripheral figure this season. But whenever he played he was phenomonal and ended up our most important player, again. Fast becoming a Bugess Hill Legend!

Iker Pozo – Ex Man City youth player, released by League 2 Chester and snapped up by us. Scored twice on his debut, and although only scored 3 more all season, was a continual reliable presence in  midfield

Lee Preene – Released by Chelsea without playing a game at 22, was supposed to be a replacement for Kashket but ended up striking a great partnership with him

Next season

Can we repeat our success and go that little bit further? More squad strengthening will be needed!

carrerer.thumb.JPG.c9ed5d5cd9b72b9fb11a0f9d3a657c87.JPG

130px-Merthyrtydfil.jpg

Merthyr Town Season 2023/24 Report

I've recently picked my Merthyr town save back up in which we had just been promoted into the football league with the aim of a solid finish in our first season in League 2.

League- The board expected us to avoid relegation but I suspected we could do much better than that, and we did as we started incredibly well, topping the table for the first half of the season before slowly dropping to second and then third. We were in with a chance of automatic promotion right up until the last game, only needing a win against 17th placed Lincoln but we absolutely bottled it, as we had in several key games previously and managed to lose, meaning we finished 4th. We scraped past MK dons in the playoff semi final 3-2 on aggregate before the final against Port Vale. We scored first and totally dominated, hitting the woodwork multiple times and having a header cleared off the line before they scored off their only chance in the match. They went on to win on penalties as my players absolutely suck at them; the guy that missed the crucial pen had a penalty taking stat of 6! One of the most frustrating and rage inducing games I have played. Overall it was a pretty good performance by a newly promoted team but we really should have gotten promoted. 

Cups- A very good year for us in the cups again. We lost in the first round of the Carabao cup to Bristol city but managed to win our group in the Checkatrade trophy then get past league 1 Cheltenham before being demolished 8-2 by Bristol rovers. We had our best season to date in the FA Cup as we beat League 1 Bradford city, Tamworth, Championship side Shrewsbury and managed an incredible 2-1 win over Premier league side Middlesbrough before being stopped in the 5th round as we lost 2-0 to Watford. This did wonders for our finances and we broke our record attendance and gate receipts records yet again.

Finances- Huge improvements, mostly aided by our big FA cup run and we are now in the positives by far. We have had a number of improvements to the club such as training facilities and youth level accepted so hopefully they will slowly come into effect.

Transfers- 13 in and 5 out this season which is actually pretty tame for us. We signed one of our star strikers Graham Nicholson to a permanent deal and paid out 35K in transfer fees. Huge overhauls of most of the squad, especially the defence will likely be the target for this summer.

Youth intake- Terrible again, I've asked for more upgrades to the youth system but it is struggling to keep up with our progress as a club.

Best players- Top goalscorer: Graham Nicholson- 43 The lethal finisher has done it again, his partnership up front with Sean Edwards is by far the best part of the team.

Most assists: Chekaine Steele/Sean Edwards- 23 Chekaine breaks his own record for the 4th year in a row but Edwards managed to match him as they both recorded ridiculous totals for assists. Edwards managed 38 goals as well. 

Highest avg rating: Chekaine Steele 7.62 Another year another award, 4 times running now.

Most POM: Graham Nicholson- 10

Next year: I am determined to get promoted after narrowly missing out this year. I will do a lot of work in the transfer market to improve our squad, as depth and overall quality were big problems this year.

Season          League          Position       FA Cup        FA Trophy/Carabao    Top Scorer          Most Assists          Highest Avg Rating
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South  11th           3rd qual round  3rd qual round     Fleetwood(28)       Morton(10)            Patten(7.25)
2019/20         Vanarama South  14th           2nd qual round  2nd round          Walker(11)          Morton(7)             Wiltshire(7.27)
2020/21         Vanarama South  4th            2nd qual round  1st round          Nicholson(32)       Steele(15)            Steele(7.64) 
2021/22         Vanarama South  1st            3rd round       1st round          Edwards(31)         Steele(17)            Steele(7.73)
2022/23         Vanarama Nat.   1st            3rd round       1st round          Nicholson(47)       Steele(19)            Steele(7.76) 
2023/24         League 2        4th            5th round       1st round          Nicholson(43)       Steele/Edwards(23)    Steele(7.62)

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 03:38, libbyshuss said:

@CMU Chips congratulations on promotion!!!

Thanks..... unfortunately it was short-lived :(

YxPtTTV.png

We had a chance near the end of the year but fell short. On the final day it could've been a miracle with a win and Leicester loss, but we got neither of those things.

Season stats were obviously worse than last year since we weren't as good.

Transfers. No superstars since they wouldn't really join us but some very good players. A lot have relegation release clauses, but I already convinced Morrison to re-sign rather than go to Celtic so we'll see what happens. Here are the new lads:

Ross Reach didn't play all that well this year but I think he looks really good. I don't know. Paul Morrison looked too good for Rangers and was pretty good for us. Almost left to go to Celtic for 8mil on a relegation release clause but we convinced him to stay. Kamau joins permanently. Arkadiusz Markiewicz did well enough for us that I kept being asked if he should get a Poland cap so that's good for him. Evans, Tall, and Rubio were signed in January for depth in case we lost players when we were relegated. Also got a young Belgian despite interest from Arsenal and Tottenham but he can't join until he is 18.

HKuweJj.png

We are rich now though so we should hopefully come straight back up and be fine next time.

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.52c89d801dc331460121e9ed72276c8c.png

Season 2028/29

League Two

League

Expectation:     22nd    

Finish:                 2nd

A fantastic season overall but it didn’t look that way 4 games in when we saty 23rd with 3 defeats and 1 draw from out opening 4 games. Flashbacks to our relegation season kept appearing but we managed to turn it around and go on an 11 match unbeaten run, by the end of which we were in the play-offs. Our good form continued, at times we swatted teams aside, and by February we were first and looked odds on for champions. The final 10 games saw us only win 2 however and we were pipped at the post by Wrexham. An annoying end to an otherwise fantastic season

Cups

Fairly appalling again. We did at least win away at Championship Birmingham in the first round of the leaue cup, but Swansea knocked us out the next round. The FA Cup was yet again a didaster zone as we limped out to National League Tranmere with an awful display

Transfers

After his heroics with us a couple of seasons back I’d tried to get Peter Wilson back on loan from Fulham, but they refused, arguing they wanted him to play with better quality players. With Macclesfield. In the vanarama League North. So when I spotted they released him on a free I swooed in – easily my most risk-free bit of business ever.

Finances

I made sure to stay well under my wage budget for the year, and spent no money on transfers. We still managed to make a loss of over a million quid, which has led me to conclude our board are idiots

Notable players

Peter Wilson The governer is back! Snapped up on a free after being released by Fulham. Didn't quite match his goalscoring heroics of his first season with us but what a player. 

Bob Hill His fourth full season for us. I bought him as an 18 year old, mainly for his old school name, but he’s become a reliable presence in midfield. This season he was made club captain and set about again being a compete measure of consistency. L2 may be is limit however

Iker Pozo lost his place for the first 3 games of the season. What was I thinking? As soona she returned he set about making me look like an utter fool for ever doubting him

Next season

survival is my main aim

carrerr.thumb.JPG.9f61fd0634533c40551292d7ab4d3ecc.JPG

130px-Merthyrtydfil.jpg

Merthyr Town Season 2024/25 Report

So i've flown through another season with Merthyr, after last season's disappointment hopefully we could go one better and get promoted to League 1.

League- We started a little slow and had a few bad results here and there, especially due to fixture congestion but in the end we were able to win the league and get promoted easily. We secured the win with about 5 games left and ended up top by 17 points. Most of our new signings played well and most importantly the increased depth and quality of backups allowed us to rotate more and perform better for the whole season.

Cups- Overall another pretty good year in the cups although in a different fashion. We beat Championship sides Milwall and Portsmouth in the Carabao cup before going out to Chelsea who smashed us 5-1. We lost in the first round of the FA Cup disappointingly, with a pretty poor performance against Eastleigh. They FMed us a bit, scoring off their only 2 shots on target but we did play pretty badly. I didn't really care about the Checkatrade at all this season and rotated heavily for it, however somehow my backups kept winning and we ended up in the final against Man City under 23s featuring the likes of Raheem Sterling, Alex Sandro and Gabriel Jesus. We went ahead but they pegged us back late on and it stayed level through extra time and we were somehow able to win in penalties, with keeper O'hara heroically saving 3 pens. 

Finances- Still solid, we've been completing some upgrades to our facilities which explains the lack of increase in funds.

Transfers- 17 in and 5 out as we oversaw a huge improvement to the squad. Our improved finances even allowed us to smash our transfer record and sign young CM Stuart West for 160K, who has played very well despite managing to rack up 4 red cards for the club already. We also broke our record sale as our best fullback Cole Dasilva was poached by Blackburn for 49.5K.

Youth Intake- Still awful. We have been consistently making improvements to the youth setup but it just can't keep up with our progress up the leagues.

Best Players- Top Goalscorer: Sean Edwards (32) As we were able to sign a few new strikers last summer, the top scorer of the last few seasons Graham Nicholson was relegated to an impact sub role and only managed 6 goals in limited appearances. Sean "The Welsh Messi" Edwards is an absolute legend and despite a few injuries tops the goalscoring charts while also managing 14 assists. We had 7 players register 10 goals or more this season due to our improved depth and as a result the overall total for the top goalscorer is lower.

Most assists: Charlie Martin (23) The young loanee from Newcastle usurped club legend Chekaine Steele in the starting lineup due to long term injury as well as continued good form. Steele only managed to play in 9 games this season (3 assists) due to his injury problems so was unable to break his own record for a fifth year running. 

Highest avg rating: Charlie Martin (7.76)

Most POM: Charlie Martin (8)

Next Year- The team and board are aiming for a comfortable mid table finish in League 1 next year and I would be happy with that, but you never know we could end up going even better.

Season          League          Position       FA Cup        FA Trophy/Carabao    Top Scorer          Most Assists          Highest Avg Rating
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19         Vanarama South  11th           3rd qual round  3rd qual round     Fleetwood(28)       Morton(10)            Patten(7.25)
2019/20         Vanarama South  14th           2nd qual round  2nd round          Walker(11)          Morton(7)             Wiltshire(7.27)
2020/21         Vanarama South  4th            2nd qual round  1st round          Nicholson(32)       Steele(15)            Steele(7.64) 
2021/22         Vanarama South  1st            3rd round       1st round          Edwards(31)         Steele(17)            Steele(7.73)
2022/23         Vanarama Nat.   1st            3rd round       1st round          Nicholson(47)       Steele(19)            Steele(7.76) 
2023/24         League 2        4th            5th round       1st round          Nicholson(43)       Steele/Edwards(23)    Steele(7.62)
2024/25         League 2        1st            1st round       3rd round          Edwards(32)         Martin(23)            Martin(7.76)

Burgess_Hill_Town_F.C._logo.png.bda16a72385fedac1258abc7b726c6d8.png

Season 2029/30

League 1

League

Expectation:        23rd  

Finish:                 8th

One of the strangest and closest leagues I’ve ever been in! At one point only one point separated 2nd from 11th, and only 12 points from promotion places to relegation places. For the most part, we managed to stay in the top half of the table and with 10 games left to play found ourselves in second. A nightmare run of injuries saw us struggle in the final 10 matches though, for at least two games it was all I could do to put out 11 fit players, and we struggled to only two further victories. Still, a pleasing first season that shows we can hold our own in this league, even if there’s alittle frustration at how close we were to the play-offs.    

Cups

Another season, another terrible cup run. First round exits in both league and FA cup although we did manage to make it out the groups for the daft checkatrade nonsense though. I refuse to take that seriously since they let U23 teams in though, what a nonsense.

Transfers

Still not spent any money but made some good free signings. Alex Warburton probably the best, a 19 year old central defender released by Liverpool. He went straight into the first team and he did ok. Last day of transfer window Middlesborough offered 350k, I asked for 500k, they agreed and being 1m in the red I couldn’t turn it down. Zak Keen was a hugely successful loan signing, so much so I got him again for next season

I also got my first good looking youth player!

blewden.thumb.JPG.d3f4ce3ac194aab6caf5da8ff474d10f.JPG

Finances

We were still losing money hand over fist, although the sale of Warburton help, and were the subject of our second takeover around March. First thing they did was take out anther loan to clear all debts. So although it looks quite healthy, we got another loan to clear.

Notable players

Peter Wilson  - finally reaslising the potetial he showed for us on loan all those years ago, easily our best player and one of the best in the division. Part of the reason we struggled for consistency was the number of injuries he had this season:-

745376544_wilsonsinjury.thumb.JPG.0ea05d478d48737d9a34c5216dde3b2a.JPG

Really frustrating. Without him we are a far worse team.

Iker Pozo – Not sure how he does it. With his stats he shouldn’t be performing this well at this level this consistently, but he does!

Next season

I know where we need to strengthen (gk and midfield) so if we anage to do that, who knows? Hopefully we can build on the success of this first season. 

Sad news though, at 33 years old:-

kashket.thumb.JPG.768e06dcdde321bc8903b76066ce895c.JPG

career.thumb.JPG.9689ed3bce8f490233bd45b0c60f6555.JPG

Edited by libbyshuss

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama National 2020/21 - Season 3

1st

Expectation

League – Top half

FA Cup – 1st Round

FA Trophy – 3rd Round

League

It was a complete disaster to start with as I went 9 games without winning and was bottom of the table! I finally won on my 10th game and from there we never looked back going on a 36-match unbeaten run (which came to an end when my keeper was injured, and I didn’t have one on the bench). I managed to win the league with 3 games to spare which was fortunate due to the blip at the end.

Odds

Final Table

FA Cup

Managed to get to the second round of the FA Cup. Played Shrewsbury who was bottom of the Championship. It was all going to plan until the last 10 minutes where I conceded two goals and lost 2-1.

FA Trophy

No final this time for me. We beat a few teams from our league but rather humiliatingly we lost to Stockport in the 4th round who were in the league below.

Players

Transfers  - I did change my team about again with some good players being available like Ryan Yates, Ethan Robson and George Thomas. Also brought in Levi Lukema and Ben Folami on loan  

Top Goalscorer – Ben Folami was my top goalscorer (30 in 44 games) although I dropped him a few games into the start of the season as he couldn’t hit a barn door at that stage.

Highest average rating – George Thomas was my best permanent signing playing up front or on the wing. Consistently good and ended up with a rating of 7.48 in 36 games.

League Player of the season – Levi Lumeka took this one. He’s on loan from Crystal Palace but out of contract during this break and not needed by Palace so I’m hoping I have a chance of signing him when he’s released.

Best Eleven

Overall Best Eleven

End of Season Awards – Awards

End of Season Awards – Stats

Club

Now I have professional status so hopefully that will help with bringing players in.

Finances – Took a massive hit on finances at the end of the season. I was just over the 1 million mark when there was a mandatory stadium expansion (1,750 seats), which means a 1-million-pound loan. The board decided to invest in youth facilities and cancelled my training facilities improvements that was halfway through, so I wasn’t happy with that!

Facilities – I improved the data analysis facilities 5 times during the season

Reputation – Half a star more now and up to Regional reputation

Season Review

Me

Profile – Currently studying for the A badge.

Manager of the Year – With being promoted I ended up winning this

Interviews – I just had the one chance for an interview for Leyton Orient who were 14th in the National League

Next Season

Avoid regulation is the main aim and increase my finances again

History

Season

League

League Finish

Achievements

Leaderboard Points

Av. Attendance

18/19

National South

3rd