Sports Interactive Community
Sammy_CJ

FM 18 Beta Retina

Anybody know how i use the retina display on MacBook I'm sure last version had a tick box? I'm using late MacBook pro and my max resolution is rubbish!

It's disabled for the beta, because they are still working on improvements.

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It's disabled for the beta, because they are still working on improvements.

Ok cool Thanks!

It’s going to be pretty much impossible, or at the very least unenjoyable, to do any real beta testing on macs until this is implemented into the beta. 

Does anyone have a photo of how it looks? I have a very recent Macbook Pro with Retina display and would like to know how bad it is before I pre-order the game and get beta access

From what we've seen in-house the text and appearance of the game is a bit blurry - if anyone is encountering anything more extreme than that, can you please raise it within the bugs forum? 

Thanks. 

On 10/27/2017 at 11:22, blue heron said:

Does anyone have a photo of how it looks? I have a very recent Macbook Pro with Retina display and would like to know how bad it is before I pre-order the game and get beta access

It's playable but after a while it it starts to bother me. Screen is in Dutch (I think it looks a bit more blurry than it seems on the screen). You can read everything but it's just tiring. Its also macbook pro (but 2015 edition) with retina.

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 15.55.24.png

Edited by Lorenz7

Its not game breaking but is way below what you would expect. Some of the graphs are worst affected as they look terrible.

It does start hurting your eyes after a while though.

Same problem here with MacBook Pro 13" retina (mid-2014). 

Text is rough, looks not well rendered.

Tried switching to full screen or window mode, zoomed out, every option but text simply is not crisp. Resolution 

Game is playable but not enjoyable. Looks like "late90's old"

In which section of the SI bug page can I report this?

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 20.16.42.png

8 minutes ago, konv said:

Same problem here with MacBook Pro 13" retina (mid-2014). 

Text is rough, looks not well rendered.

Tried switching to full screen or window mode, zoomed out, every option but text simply is not crisp. Resolution 

Game is playable but not enjoyable. Looks like "late90's old"

In which section of the SI bug page can I report this?

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 20.16.42.png

Been reported by many people mate. No need to report again. Hopefully will be sorted for full release. 

Really disappointed tbh bought in so i could test on the BETA for mine & SI benefit but this has stopped me playing. Reverted back to FM17 until this has been resolved. Sadly more than likely won't be until 10th November at the earliest. 

Not getting fixed for the updated Beta bug fixes. Apparently its a tough one to correct. So us Apple users have to suffer a little more!

48 minutes ago, bucket said:

Not getting fixed for the updated Beta bug fixes. Apparently its a tough one to correct. So us Apple users have to suffer a little more!

Mac users have been dealt a terrible hand with this BETA....extremely disappointing. Should be made an absolute immediate priority IMO. Totally alienates a good percentage of players who play the game. If i had of knew this before BETA was release i would never have purchased the game pre full release. Peed off is an understatement.

4 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Mac users have been dealt a terrible hand with this BETA....extremely disappointing. Should be made an absolute immediate priority IMO. Totally alienates a good percentage of players who play the game. If i had of knew this before BETA was release i would never have purchased the game pre full release. Peed off is an understatement.

This is not the released game, it is a beta. And there are always certain areas in a beta, which are still work in progress and do not work without issues. The access to play the beta is mainly for testing and reporting issues and not for starting a career game. 

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

This is not the released game, it is a beta. And there are always certain areas in a beta, which are still work in progress and do not work without issues. The access to play the beta is mainly for testing and reporting issues and not for starting a career game. 

You seem to be missing the point. SI have potentially missed a large number of bugs/feedback from users who play using MAC's. 

Just now, OLLMEISTER1 said:

You seem to be missing the point. SI have potentially missed a large number of bugs/feedback from users who play using MAC's. 

There are still a lot of feedback from users playing on a mac. Resolution when playing in standard mode is no problem on iMacs  (I'm playing on a iMac) and there are also some users playing it on macbooks, even when text is not sharp.

18 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Yep, and then they come out and say that people shouldn't be starting a long term save on it!! Say what.....!! Why not just release a demo then 2 weeks before? A limited seasons demo?

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There are still a lot of feedback from users playing on a mac. Resolution when playing in standard mode is no problem on iMacs  (I'm playing on a iMac) and there are also some users playing it on macbooks, even when text is not sharp.

Me too, but after playing for a while, doesn't your eyes start to hurt? its like you have to squint to read the text properly!

Just now, bucket said:

Yep, and then they come out and say that people shouldn't be starting a long term save on it!! Say what.....!! Why not just release a demo then 2 weeks before? A limited seasons demo?

The demo will be released, when the game is released. Some people just don't understand the purpose of a beta version. It's for testing.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

(I'm playing on a iMac) and there are also some users playing it on macbooks, even when text is not sharp.

Lucky them, however i am not prepared to put my eyes through such agony resulting in headaches. 

Just now, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Lucky them, however i am not prepared to put my eyes through such agony resulting in headaches. 

It's up to you to wait for the release of the official build. But to complain that a beta version has bugs and issues does not help to make the game better.