[FM18] Welsh leagues Level 6

image.thumb.png.5a502acd19ac080732703003407d3187.png

Hi, I have worked on this before in FM17, but this year I’ve decided to share my work with the community. I’ve seen a few projects similar to this in the past, but nothing recently.

image.thumb.png.4644380f229ee6a43d939406348cad60.png

Leagues and teams down to Level 6. Which includes some reserve sides, but I've also added a number of teams that were missing in game and used basic details to set them up.
I've added about 20 cups into the game. Mostly with the regions and league cups involved. They're not accurate, but it should still be playable.

I will go and play the game for myself now. So I won't be working on this file again for a while.

Tested DB: 1810
Tested to year 2020

Known Issues:
Welsh Cup and FAW Trophy has no regionalisation. (Basic editor used)
Promotion from Level 5 to Level 4 isn't great. It's a play off system where some teams can have 2 goes at promotion. 13 leagues into 4 leagues doesn't add too well.
Lack of prize money on all competitions
No persons added, therefore it's likely to be mostly newgens or greys (Recommend enabling adding players to playable teams)
Some reserve teams seem to get promoted despite setting a few levels to not promote B/Reserve sides.

WelshLeaguesLevel6.fmf

Welsh cup will be a little tricky, same with FAW Trophy. They have regionalised early rounds. However Welsh cup would be Level 1 to 4 with some 5. FAW Trophy being Level 3 to Level 6.

I will take a look at the entry list to see the levels in further details. League cups are a bit easier to work with.

Main focus is league structure to Level 4, cups in place and then Level 6. Then looking at the finer details.

It will be a realistic as much as possible with the basic editor.

6 minutes ago, aolt said:

Welsh cup will be a little tricky, same with FAW Trophy. They have regionalised early rounds. However Welsh cup would be Level 1 to 4 with some 5. FAW Trophy being Level 3 to Level 6.

I will take a look at the entry list to see the levels in further details. League cups are a bit easier to work with.

Main focus is league structure to Level 4, cups in place and then Level 6. Then looking at the finer details.

It will be a realistic as much as possible with the basic editor.

your regional issues related to welsh cup can be solved but only in advanced editor.

Really interested in this,  especially your plans to include the clubs in the English league. Ive always wanted to do a save with Cardiff, Swansea and Newports youth teams competing in the Welsh league and league cups with the senior team in the FAW cup.

8 hours ago, Deepex said:

Really interested in this,  especially your plans to include the clubs in the English league. Ive always wanted to do a save with Cardiff, Swansea and Newports youth teams competing in the Welsh league and league cups with the senior team in the FAW cup.

Hold up - will it be compatible with an English lower league file then?

Different ideas in my head about this one. That's something I'd have to consider.

The easiest and most realistic option is keeping these clubs in the English leagues and for them to play in the Welsh Cup. This gives them a Europa League spot (but can't qualify through England). Reputation and prize money would then be adjusted slightly as the larger clubs send out a youth side. Also leads to a bit of fixture congestion too. That's how I did it in FM17.

If I put them in the leagues then the challenges are not ruining the clubs, how to replace the teams in their English positions, if it works with other community files, and keeps going.

Anyway that part would be a couple of months down the road. Need to get the main structure and cups done first.

On 10/26/2017 at 19:02, aolt said:

Promotion from Level 5 to Level 4 isn't great. It's a play off system where some teams can have 2 goes at promotion. 13 leagues into 4 leagues doesn't add too well.

It can be tricky for the South, but its quite straightforward for the Northern Leagues. What I tend to do when creating a Welsh database is,

Welsh National (Wrexham Area) - 1 Down > North East Wales League - 1 Up

Welsh Alliance League - 2 Down > Vale of Clwyd - 1 Up, Gwynedd League - 1 Up

Mid Wales League - 2 Down > Ceredigion League - 1 Up, Montgomeryshire League - 1 Up,

Had to do this with Mid Wales due to an error in the database regarding the Aberystwyth League, if it worked properly it'd be 3 down. I tend to not bother promoting from Mid Wales South due to it mainly being Reserve teams and it could get messy further on into the game.

Welsh Football League 3 - 3 Down > South Wales Alliance - 1 Up, Gwent County - 1 Up. These leagues have automatic promotion places in real life.

Then for the 3rd promotion place I normally choose between either Swansea and District or Pembrokeshire. Basically because 4 doesn't go into 1, the Basic editor doesn't allow Play Offs between specific leagues, and the two listed above have their Level 6 leagues in the database too. 

This way you have 8 teams relegating from Level 4.

Thanks for the feedback, I saw your post on the features request too.

The Aberystwyth League issue that I think you're referring to is about about a wrong nation set. There is a Czech side in the secondary division part from what I remember. Removing that meant the league was fine to run.

Mid Wales South has Rhayader Town in the league after they resigned from the Cymru Alliance and took the position of their reserve side. Therefore they're very strong for the league. I have them with their reserve side in the Mid Wales South. The reserve side isn't playing in the league anymore, but it's likely to appear again soon. I'm not sure what the future is for the club at the moment.

25 minutes ago, aolt said:

Thanks for the feedback, I saw your post on the features request too.

The Aberystwyth League issue that I think you're referring to is about about a wrong nation set. There is a Czech side in the secondary division part from what I remember. Removing that meant the league was fine to run.

Mid Wales South has Rhayader Town in the league after they resigned from the Cymru Alliance and took the position of their reserve side. Therefore they're very strong for the league. I have them with their reserve side in the Mid Wales South. The reserve side isn't playing in the league anymore, but it's likely to appear again soon. I'm not sure what the future is for the club at the moment.

In my edit I decided to put Rhayader back in the Cymru Alliance, with their Reserves in Mid Wales South. It then gets around having to promote from Mid Wales South. It also brings the Cymru Alliance back up to 16 teams, therefore making it possible to set minimum teams to 16 too, so in future seasons it will always have 16 teams. I did the same with Glantraeth in the Welsh Alliance too.

• 1 month later...

Archived