Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

None of this HT talk makes sense. HT talks are set to the assistant....

I can't seen on the screen what the assistant has said...

However

1. Players are disinterested. But where fine before I walked in?! WHAT DID I DO?

2. They are also fired up, which is impressive for disinterested players.

3. I want to look at my team stats (passes, key, tackles etc) Where is it, these are FM fundamentals I can't get easy access to.

I can log in bugs, I'm just not sure it's a bug, just bad designing. It reminds me of 'On The Ball' the German manager game around in 94ish. Great, but so full of silly..

image.thumb.png.3a9f88d95b453f8a37124018a786ae90.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Go to 'Scouting' -> 'Assignments'

In the top left click the 'Scouting Responsibility' dropdown and change it from your chief scout to you.

Once you've done this on the assignments page there will be a [+ Create New Assignment] button where you can set assignments. 

1 minute ago, Cougar2010 said:

Depends what you want to scout.

I've been playing around and tried a few ways.

From the scouting tab on the left select assignments from the top menu then "create new assignment" (top leftish).

You then get a popup where you can select to scout players, team or a match.  Below players you can narrow it down to positions & first team/hot prospect etc.  On the right of that you can use the options to narrow it down further to nations/regions/competitions and any other options you want to select.

I mean lets say I want to scout South America and I got scout that got decent knowledge, how do I assign that scout to South America?

Just now, john1 said:

I mean lets say I want to scout South America and I got scout that got decent knowledge, how do I assign that scout to South America?

Create new assignment > on the left of the popup it will default to players, if you want the scout to find any players just leave it blank otherwise you can specify positions and level of player.

On the right of the popup select "scope" top right and then region & South America from the drop down.

If the option isn't there your board won't let you scout that region.

Although the horizontal pitch view when making tactical changes in-game is nice, I'd like an option to go back to the main tactics screen so I can see the effect my subs and tactical changes has using the new pitch analysis tool. 

Also, I'm really not seeing the point of this pre-match meeting to discuss tactics. It's sometimes before the day of a match when I've not even decided what formation or mentality I'm choosing, never mind what players I'm picking. 

Having played a couple of hours I can put some reviews:

- skin is alright, but seems a bit changed from the basic version of the last years (caps & buttons). It's not a bad thing, I like it.

- some tactical aspects seem a bit bugged, or is it only me? I experimented with a F9 and an Enganche behind him, the F9 would not drop deep at all, he stays almost in line with the AF. Usually the F9 takes the ball, runs with it and then shoots off target. Also deeper players don't rush forward to support even if they are on attack (Enganche) or support duty. For example my WB-S got the ball, started dribbling with it and he got isolated. The support of SS & Enganche never came, they stacked together with the CM in an area and stayed there.

- ME is freezing for a few mili seconds for me between highlights, don't know why. Sounds aswell.

- Home button freezes the game for a few good seconds.

I'm more into the tactics so I'll play more tomorrow and see what will happen.

I like the new 2D Classic though, it looks like the ME has improved.

Edited by Armistice

Again, the dressing room at full time. LOOK FIRED UP.

BUT

'The good atmosphere suddenly disappears with most players disinterested in what you have to say'

I don't know what I've done to upset them :D And the sentence doesn't really make much sense. 

It just makes the game seem so amateurish, and I've loved the series forever. 

image.thumb.png.8e910d49b65197d0c270108b88d752b0.png

Edited by Mark H

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Mark H said:

BUT

'The good atmosphere suddenly disappears with most players disinterested in what you have to say'

I don't know what I've done to upset them :D And the sentence doesn't really make much sense. 

image.thumb.png.8e910d49b65197d0c270108b88d752b0.png

Again please raise these issues in the bugs forum and we can investigate. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Mark H said:

BUT

Have you set your manager up with a low rep at the start?

19 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

transfer market seems a little unreal. too easy to get some players, players going to clubs for unreal money. i got correa from athletico 6mill and gaitlan for 12 mill both important players. perisich from inter went for 30 mill and inter turner down 60 mill in real life 

Bargain

23 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

transfer market seems a little unreal. too easy to get some players, players going to clubs for unreal money. i got correa from athletico 6mill and gaitlan for 12 mill both important players. perisich from inter went for 30 mill and inter turner down 60 mill in real life 

yes just ran a sim and some of the deals far less money than in FM17

some are crazy cheap

Also where can I see my players fitness levels during a match without having to go into the tactics screen? :D

Matches take a lot longer as well. Only commentary at full speed and it's taken about ten minutes to get to the 70th minute (whilst I'm missing all the goal replays I should be seeing) 

This is too much change to try getting used to

9 minutes ago, Stevicus said:

I'm 0laying only commentary at a fast speed but have chosen to view goal replays. 

Yet to see a replay despite 4 goals in this match. 

The commentary only screen is bad. I don't get why when running commantary only we have to have the match screen still in the background, there was nothing wrong with the old split view for commentary only.

Now with this screen its not going to be possible to use background for matchday either!

16 minutes ago, Mark H said:

3. I want to look at my team stats (passes, key, tackles etc) Where is it, these are FM fundamentals I can't get easy access to.

If you click on the Analysis tab the headers in those panels can be clicked on and they will bring up the classic panels - top one should bring up the ratings, stats, formation panel, other one should bring up the detailed prozone panels.

• Administrators
Just now, Jean0987654321 said:

Already got a crash bug like a minute in my RBNY save :D

Im just trying to sign a scout :D

3 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Well, I just spent a couple of hours setting loads of things up - loan deals, tutoring, scouting, staff, fixtures, all the rest of it. Go into my first pre-season game - crash dump. All lost. Not impressed.

Please take the time to raise them on our crashes forum so we can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/564-crashes-and-technical-issues-pc/

Thanks. 

Just now, michaeltmurrayuk said:

If you click on the Analysis tab the headers in those panels can be clicked on and they will bring up the classic panels - top one should bring up the ratings, stats, formation panel, other one should bring up the detailed prozone panels.

Thank you, I've noticed I can do it at the end, just seems a click or so more than it used to. Also, i'm getting a slight lag/delay when I do but I'm putting that down to beta issues. 

Cheers for the advice :)

1 minute ago, LeeCutty said:

The commentary only screen is bad. I don't get why when running commantary only we have to have the match screen still in the background, there was nothing wrong with the old split view for commentary only.

Now with this screen its not going to be possible to use background for matchday either!

Yes I agree, it just looks messy to me. It's fairly evident that a lot of people play the match days with their own preferences and FM has always been very customisable and flexible to allow for that. 

This is a huge step for some players like us who like commentary only and our select bits of information we like to be able to see. 

I just want a split view, half and half, replays and overview on one side, and player ratings and fitness levels on the other side. I wouldn't mind a quad view or something. 

As it stands I've got a bloody **** load of stuff going on, with a set background of a 3D stadium I really don't need to see. 

• SI Staff

2 minutes ago, Mark H said:

Thank you, I've noticed I can do it at the end, just seems a click or so more than it used to. Also, i'm getting a slight lag/delay when I do but I'm putting that down to beta issues. 

Cheers for the advice :)

Yep, as you say it's a slight change from what you're used to but we hope to have grouped everything together in an intuitive enough way that you'll get used to it!

Please do feel free to raise this (and any other) lag in our UI forum area here if you have the time & we can look into if further: https://community.sigames.com/forum/567-user-interface/

1 minute ago, Stevicus said:

Yes I agree, it just looks messy to me. It's fairly evident that a lot of people play the match days with their own preferences and FM has always been very customisable and flexible to allow for that. 

This is a huge step for some players like us who like commentary only and our select bits of information we like to be able to see. 

I just want a split view, half and half, replays and overview on one side, and player ratings and fitness levels on the other side. I wouldn't mind a quad view or something. 

As it stands I've got a bloody **** load of stuff going on, with a set background of a 3D stadium I really don't need to see. 

Yeah couldn't agree more, having the 2 boxes with overview on one side and then flicking between on the other side was enough for commentary only. Now it is cluttered with stuff I don't want and the background of the matchday stadium that doesn't need to be there.

I'm sure this happened a few years back too and in the end it got changed so i'm keeping my fingers crossed

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, Stevicus said:

It should be possible for you to recreate this view using the in-match widgets now. There is an option in settings called 'show match info between highlights' and if you untick this, the between highlights pop-up as in that screenshot won't show but your widgets will.

If you add a widget on the pitch view, when dragging you will see an icon at the top, bottom, left, and right. Drag onto any of these and it will open a dock which you can then pin to create split view. There should be widgets available that cover the things you want to see there. It sounds more complicated when explained there than it is!

Player Search seems to have taken a bit step down in user-friendliness. Is there a way to get the split-screen view with filter and results?

I like what you were going for with the popup, but it's a pain to navigate. I have to bring up the popup to change my filter even slightly (eg. to decrease an attribute by one), then close it because the resulting players are hidden behind the popup and blurred out anyway! That's now 3 clicks instead of 1. 

I also can't see the - and + buttons to adjust all attributes up or down at once. That's a real pain. The filter I'm using for a full back now, for example, is 8 clicks instead of 1. 

It seems also that leaving the screen in any way (eg. clicking a player, then going back) causes the Edit Search landing to default back to Quick. I have to click back to Advanced each time.

19 minutes ago, Jack Deal said:

It should be possible for you to recreate this view using the in-match widgets now. There is an option in settings called 'show match info between highlights' and if you untick this, the between highlights pop-up as in that screenshot won't show but your widgets will.

If you add a widget on the pitch view, when dragging you will see an icon at the top, bottom, left, and right. Drag onto any of these and it will open a dock which you can then pin to create split view. There should be widgets available that cover the things you want to see there. It sounds more complicated when explained there than it is!

That is slightly better but I don't get why the split screen was removed, with this screen we still have a background that we don't need.

I've managed to get as seen below which is better, been able to get rid of the needless background would be nice if possible for release though.

90BAE5A694D04ACD977273D17747DAA25CD50014

Edited by LeeCutty

17 minutes ago, LeeCutty said:

That is slightly better but I don't get why the split screen was removed, with this screen we still have a background that we don't need.

I've managed to get as seen below which is better, been able to get rid of the needless background would be nice if possible for release though.

90BAE5A694D04ACD977273D17747DAA25CD50014

Yep, I've done this too and it's much better :thup: relatively happy with that. 

How do i manage to see my goal replays then? :D

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Moutorious said:

can i ask, why?

In part to do with the match engine and upgrade to DirectX11. I don't know all the ins and outs, but essentially it was the type of change that allows us to advance the game further both for this year and future years. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Stevicus said:

Yep, I've done this too and it's much better :thup: relatively happy with that. 

How do i manage to see my goal replays then? :D

The second bit may just be a bug in all honesty, best to raise it in the match engine forums :thup: 

Probably a very simple thing that I'm missing, but I'm using Windows 10 (which is quite new to me) and I don't seem to be able to Minimise the FM window? I used to just press the "windows" button on my keyboard and it would collapse it to my taskbar, but now it just brings up my windows menu & doesn't collapse FM. Can I?

6 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

Probably a very simple thing that I'm missing, but I'm using Windows 10 (which is quite new to me) and I don't seem to be able to Minimise the FM window? I used to just press the "windows" button on my keyboard and it would collapse it to my taskbar, but now it just brings up my windows menu & doesn't collapse FM. Can I?

On my Windows 10 you can see the desktop by pressing the windows button and then clicking on the far right hand end of the taskbar.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, QWERTYOP said:

No, the way in which full screen has changed this is no longer possible just by pressing the Windows key. A couple of people have made us aware that they used to do this, so it is something we'll look into. 

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

On my Windows 10 you can see the desktop by pressing the windows button and then clicking on the far right hand end of the taskbar.

Interesting. I'll give it a try in the morning (shut FM down now). But doing that does minimise THIS window having just tried it now, so that would seem to bode well. Cheers. Damn new unfamiliar OS's!! 

18 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

In part to do with the match engine and upgrade to DirectX11. I don't know all the ins and outs, but essentially it was the type of change that allows us to advance the game further both for this year and future years. 

So I take we must just accept our macbooks running exceptionally high fans and heating?

It was perfectly fine in FM17, now I won't want to play for fear of damaging as this cannot be good for notebook health.

Worse of all, no matter what GPU settings you set, this won't change.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, FransH said:

So I take we must just accept our macbooks running exceptionally high fans and heating?

It was perfectly fine in FM17, now I won't want to play for fear of damaging as this cannot be good for notebook health.

Worse of all, no matter what GPU settings you set, this won't change.

If a Macbook runs at a temperature which will damage the system it'll shut down. Computers are designed in such a way that they push themselves to run whatever they're running as well as they can. In doing so, the processor/GPU etc will work hard. That's what fans are for, to cool the system. If a system is running hard, the fans will run hard. 

What sort of temperature is your system running at when FM is up? 

3 minutes ago, FransH said:

I won't want to play for fear of damaging as this cannot be good for notebook health.

That's irrational. Install a little temperature monitor so you can see exactly what it's at and give yourself some peace of mind.

I'd be more concerned if my fans weren't on full blast, because that would mean they either (i) could be going harder, making it run cooler or (ii) the hardware could be pushed harder for better performance. Or the fans are broken!

Anyway, if it gets too hot it will just thermal shut down. Nothing will catch on fire. 

• Administrators
Just now, willstannard said:

Can’t switch to software in interface anymore... what’s up with this I basically can’t play the game on the original settings

As said previously, having the game being able to run in software was limiting the advances we could make with the game. Now we no longer support it we can do more.

I'm afraid that's the price of progression. 

TBH I still haven't played the game, I'm waiting to see impressions and demo to try out before deciding to buy, but these six and a half pages don't seem so persuasive so far, although it is beta. I remember last year's beta comments were far more positive than tonight.

The very fact that people have to ask how to do some of the simplest things in the game (PI, scouting) and a number of options being taken out (in preferences for instance) make me think that UI has gone the wrong way around and that '18 edition is still far from finished product.

PS. Yes, I know it is beta nevertheless.