Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

Message added by Neil Brock

Recommended Posts

How do i give certain players, say left backs their each role and instructions? every time i try they all get the same role and instructions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DP said:

Fm in backwards step shocker :D

:D all I'm seeing is there being less and less chance of me getting this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any help please?

when i try to start up I get this Football manager 2018 18.0.1b1030025(update) has stopped working & this gldriverquery.exe has stopped working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goddaça said:

Annoyingly, Pascal Groß cannot play in the actual position he plays every week for the team, but I tried playing him there anyway. #fightthepower

 

You had me worried there but he is accomplished at AMC, which is way we play him, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Also, the 'offer trial' button on the scouting centre doesn't give you the options of how long you want the trial for, but you get this from the players profile screen in the usual way. Is it meant to be like that or is that a bug?

This is intended. It defaults to a 1 week trial as mentioned on the tooltip. After some discussion it was felt this was the best way forward rather than bring up the trial offer pop up the user get via the player profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

For the first time in many years, I tend to agree. 

The match engine looks to have regressed several steps, this new graphical engine looks poor, you can hardly see the ball, and the stadium for my Scottish League 2 club is beyond ridiculous. I know they can't put in the actual stadiums, but how hard would it have been to put two 1-tier stands down both sides and terracing at either end. Instead what I've got is an outrageously big open 2-tiered stand down one side, covered terracing down the other, a massive clubhouse thing at one end and the other end is open with parasols (??) and trailers etc dotted around. 

I mean, wtf is this supposed to be? 

 

wtfisthat.JPG

I had a stadium which had picnic benches in it. I’m not sure why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

For the first time in many years, I tend to agree. 

The match engine looks to have regressed several steps, this new graphical engine looks poor, you can hardly see the ball, and the stadium for my Scottish League 2 club is beyond ridiculous. I know they can't put in the actual stadiums, but how hard would it have been to put two 1-tier stands and both sides and terracing at either end. Instead what I've got is an outrageously big open 2-tiered stand down one side, covered terracing down the other, a massive clubhouse thing at one end and the other end is open with parasols (??) and trailers etc dotted around. 

I mean, wtf is this supposed to be? 

 

wtfisthat.JPG

I’ll be honest I’ve been playing for over 20 years and have been disappointed for the last ten. Considering how good it was in 95 it should be so much further on. A symptom of lack of competition and the Sega takeover. 

Every year they manage to make at least one aspect worse than before. I mean, not seeing scout reports properly in the inbox as default. Come on guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Weegie said:

Is there any way to convert FMF to TAC files? Export if you have FM17? Seems silly not to be able to use tactics from last year?

.fmf's aren't available as the workshop isn't available yet. So no I'm afraid not in the beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any rational reason for the removal of the 2 2d options? Can't see how it benefits anyone. Presumably extra work for the devs and fewer options for the players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, toon army 06 said:

Any help please?

when i try to start up I get this Football manager 2018 18.0.1b1030025(update) has stopped working & this gldriverquery.exe has stopped working

We've responded to your thread on the tech forums so please reply. Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiotom92 said:

You had me worried there but he is accomplished at AMC, which is way we play him, right?

Well, yes and no, I suppose. I had him as a deep lying forward (which he was notably gash at), because at home I want him further forward and closer to either Hemed or Murray (playing as TM) leading the line. I’ve seen every game home and away this season and he plays noticeably further forward at the Amex. But playing as a shadow striker from AMC would be just as correct. Either way, he’s more a forward player than a box to box midfielder in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 91427 said:

Is there any rational reason for the removal of the 2 2d options? Can't see how it benefits anyone. Presumably extra work for the devs and fewer options for the players

There's still 2D classic available. The way the old 2D worked meant the match engine couldn't be further improved in a lot of ways so it had to change. We feel the current 2D classic is not dissimilar to the old 2D classic. If there's anything you feel is wrong with it, feel free to raise it on the bugs forum.

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tend to agree with Dave as far as the social media landing page is concerned. So much wasted space with it just being centred like that.

Also seem to be getting a lot of teenagers who want to chat to me about playing for Wales/Ireland etc. It's a cool mechanic but I think reputationaly there is something awonk as I've not heard of any of these youngsters particularly so to think they'd be off to the England manager demanding reassurances is a bit much especially when we're talking U19 players out on loan at Championship clubs etc.

Also the list of options has quite a few 'I reckon you'll be a good England player' options to try and convince but all seem far too over the top for these kids. We're not talking about kids on say a Calvert-Lewin level who have had first team Premiership games here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

There's still 2D classic available. The way the old 2D worked meant the match engine couldn't be further improved in a lot of ways so it had to change. We feel the current 2D classic is not dissimilar to the old 2D classic. If there's anything you feel is wrong with it, feel free to raise it on the bugs forum.

Thanks. 

It may not be dissimilar to 2d classic but it's miles away from 2d which was what I used.

There's a difference between a bug and a design flaw though is there not? I think the flashing ad boards make 2d almost unusable but I can't imagine they're there by accident

Edited by 91427

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Davey Boy said:

How do i give certain players, say left backs their each role and instructions? every time i try they all get the same role and instructions

please any help with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We feel the current 2D classic is not dissimilar to the old 2D classic.

Mate, it's light years away from it. It's much more like the newer 2D that run alongside 2D classic for many years, just zoomed out more with loads of dead space on either side. 

By the way, talking of the graphic engine, I hate the default player name view which shows the player's condition on the pitch as it obscures a lot of the action. There's no option to turn this off in preferences, but there is in the camera select screen, but it doesn't work. 

And talking of preferences, there's now no options to remove stuff like scenery, weather effects etc from the 3D view. I don't have that powerful a laptop and I usually had these things turned off. 

So many steps back this year. It's the first time since FM11 I've genuinely been really disappointed with the first few hours play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davey Boy said:

please any help with this?

Sorry I don't quite follow. What do you want to do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davey Boy said:

please any help with this?

On the tactics screen against each player there are two indicators for specific player instructions and position instructions. You need to put the specific player in the position and select the personalised instructions to make is specific to a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Mate, it's light years away from it. It's much more like the newer 2D that run alongside 2D classic for many years, just zoomed out more with loads of dead space on either side. 

By the way, talking of the graphic engine, I hate the default player name view which shows the player's condition on the pitch as it obscures a lot of the action. There's no option to turn this off in preferences, but there is in the camera select screen, but it doesn't work. 

And talking of preferences, there's now no options to remove stuff like scenery, weather effects etc from the 3D view. I don't have that powerful a laptop and I usually had these things turned off. 

So many steps back this year. It's the first time since FM11 I've genuinely been really disappointed with the first few hours play. 

The 2D isn't finished, we're still working on it but if you have something you think is a bug (ie dead space, too far zoomed out) do feel free to raise it on the bugs forum.

The condition issue is a bug and one we're aware of already. 

And for the scenery/weather effects etc, go to Preferences -> Match and you can lower a number of other settings there which will improve performance on poor machines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Jack Deal said:

Split screen as it was is no longer an option, however you can "dock" widgets and pin them, which creates the same effect. When dragging a match widget, there are icons at the top/bottom/left/right, if you drag onto those you create a dock. Click the pin icon and you have a split view between the pitch and your widgets, so you can have the view split from any angle and have any widgets you'd like in it. It can be widened if you choose to.

Noooooooooooooooooo

 

Just found this out the hard way. I liked the split, kept it all tidy. 

 

Now I'm like this.... giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Davey Boy said:

How do i give certain players, say left backs their each role and instructions? every time i try they all get the same role and instructions

You can do it a couple of ways;

If you are on the tactics screen and the player is selected in the position, then either click on the player on the pitch and you'll have a box appear on the right, if you want the player to have his own instructions then click the personalised option and edit his instructions, you can also change the details from the player list by selecting the role/duty button and then their should be the same options.

If the players aren't selected you can do it from the Tactics -> Players screen, select the LB position and your Left Backs should be listed, click on the one you want select personalised and edit instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just a bit messy looking at the moment. I'm enjoying it, and has opened up way more potential than what we've had before. But just moving round, looking at match stats during a game, checking scout assignments, larger font on player search... Its not user friendly as it was, but I THINK its showing a ton of potential that the game hasn't had before, for this release and future..

 

I'll crack on with it. Just my 2 cents. I'm sure some of my issues I will get used to :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like sweeper keepers still don't function properly. Have Ter Stegen on SK(A) and he seems to never leave his six yard box even to deal with balls over the top

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've responded to your thread on the tech forums so please reply. Thanks. 

I've replied now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just a beta thing, or is there now only ever going to be 'windowed' and the one full screen resolution? Or will the other options be back for the full game? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually turn the stadium off to make the match engine run smoother, is that option still available?  If so how do I do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it just a beta thing, or is there now only ever going to be 'windowed' and the one full screen resolution? Or will the other options be back for the full game? 

 

It's something we're looking into, but it's not confirmed at this stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ras said:

I usually turn the stadium off to make the match engine run smoother, is that option still available?  If so how do I do it?

No I'm afraid not. Under Preferences -> Match you can make changes to lower certain graphical aspects which will improve performance on weaker machines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ras said:

I usually turn the stadium off to make the match engine run smoother, is that option still available?  If so how do I do it?

Nope, they've taken this away as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

attacking midfielders are so awkwardly placed in the tactics screen, i can’t play an AM with attacking duty without it getting mixed in with a false nine above.

 

the skin has taken a big step back compared to fm17’s. looks unprofessional/outdated. wish the capital letters on each title would leave me alone.

Edited by PHITSO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone noticed if the "wide midfielders defending too wide" problem is solved?

Other early thoughts of the match engine?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't minimize widgets during matches anymore (only add or remove)? I used and enjoyed that option a lot in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Defensive said:

Anyone noticed if the "wide midfielders defending too wide" problem is solved?

Other early thoughts of the match engine?

 

Seems to be. There's still no way to change defensive width either for the whole team or individually but the natural setting is nowhere near as bad as last year.

Match engine seems to be very similar to last year apart from that although I'm noticing shadow strikers seem to have unusual positioning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Setting up scouting assignments are very confusing!! How do I set up individual scout assignments?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

transfer market seems a little unreal. too easy to get some players, players going to clubs for unreal money. i got correa from athletico 6mill and gaitlan for 12 mill both important players. perisich from inter went for 30 mill and inter turner down 60 mill in real life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamessmith010101 said:

transfer market seems a little unreal. too easy to get some players, players going to clubs for unreal money. i got correa from athletico 6mill and gaitlan for 12 mill both important players. perisich from inter went for 30 mill and inter turner down 60 mill in real life 

Can you please raise this on our transfers bug forum here? - https://community.sigames.com/forum/568-transfers-and-contracts/

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, john1 said:

Setting up scouting assignments are very confusing!! How do I set up individual scout assignments?!

Go to 'Scouting' -> 'Assignments'

In the top left click the 'Scouting Responsibility' dropdown and change it from your chief scout to you.

Once you've done this on the assignments page there will be a [+ Create New Assignment] button where you can set assignments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, john1 said:

Setting up scouting assignments are very confusing!! How do I set up individual scout assignments?!

Depends what you want to scout.

I've been playing around and tried a few ways.

From the scouting tab on the left select assignments from the top menu then "create new assignment" (top leftish).

You then get a popup where you can select to scout players, team or a match.  Below players you can narrow it down to positions & first team/hot prospect etc.  On the right of that you can use the options to narrow it down further to nations/regions/competitions and any other options you want to select.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the graphical attribute bars are too small and skinny. They've gone back to the FM12 version. Preferred the big chunky versions of recent years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davey Boy said:

how do you save your new tactics?

Click the dropdown next to the tactics name on the tactics screen and select 'Save'.

Bear in mind ,fmf files are disabled for the beta as the workshop isn't live so you won't be able to export and import tactics files. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So disappointed. Running on my MacBook under bootcamp usually was fine.

Now running FM18 makes the fans run really high and my notebook very hot, without even doing anything, just sitting on main menu.

 

MacBook Pro retina mid 2015

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...