Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

As per every FM it is the buggiest game ever

This years seems to be the worst and completely puts me off buying a game I always look forward to and get let down. Even in March it’s still never fully right

Rather than bring out new pointless features every year I wish you’d fix previous problems first! Madness

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please.

Anyway, I just accidentally pressed F5 in the game rather than outside, which brought me outside of the match. When I returned to the match the stutter was gone and I think my fps is higher as well. The low was 70, so any sort of stutter doesn't make sense.

3 minutes ago, xtradj said:

As per every FM it is the buggiest game ever

This years seems to be the worst and completely puts me off buying a game I always look forward to and get let down. Even in March it’s still never fully right

Rather than bring out new pointless features every year I wish you’d fix previous problems first! Madness

So you don't own FM18 and you're not playing the beta?

1 minute ago, Oenone87 said:

Please tell me this god awful freezing at every tactical change is gone with release.

It's not a general issue, they have to find out which systems are affected and find a fix for that.

9 minutes ago, xtradj said:

completely puts me off buying a game

1 minute ago, xtradj said:

I’ve not stated that on the post I’ve mentioned it’s buggy. So that is completely irrelevant

Hello! 

For the first time in a long long time I have not preordered FM. Have been disappointed with some details in the last two versions and have not played FM 16 & 17 more than a few hours due to it. Last year it was the schedule were you played 3 at home, 3 away etc etc. In a late beta stage, I understand that the game have bugs but is it free from major bugs in this early stage? If so, I will purchase it. 

Would appreciate a word or two from serious FM-players with attention for details and some general good judgment haha. 

Thanks in advance. / FM player since the 90's. 

3 minutes ago, xtradj said:

I’ve not stated that on the post I’ve mentioned it’s buggy. So that is completely irrelevant

It's not if you're not playing the game. Hence the question. 

If you don't own the game and are not playing the beta, how can you leave feedback?

Are there any specific bugs you'd like them to look at? 

Just now, dalmashimself said:

Hello! 

For the first time in a long long time I have not preordered FM. Have been disappointed with some details in the last two versions and have not played FM 16 & 17 more than a few hours due to it. Last year it was the schedule were you played 3 at home, 3 away etc etc. In a late beta stage, I understand that the game have bugs but is it free from major bugs in this early stage? If so, I will purchase it. 

Would appreciate a word or two from serious FM-players with attention for details and some general good judgment haha. 

Thanks in advance. / FM player since the 90's. 

The demo version is available tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, serif said:

I experience freezing during tactical changes with a 5ghz 7700k processor, 3600mhz ram, and a gtx strix 1080 gpu. Does the hard drive matter? Windows 10 up to date.

Is your graphic card driver up to date?

5 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's not if you're not playing the game. Hence the question. 

If you don't own the game and are not playing the beta, how can you leave feedback?

Are there any specific bugs you'd like them to look at? 

Go and have a look in the bugs forum and you’ll see the countless amount of them. 

3 minutes ago, serif said:

I experience freezing during tactical changes with a 5ghz 7700k processor, 3600mhz ram, and a gtx strix 1080 gpu. Does the hard drive matter? Windows 10 up to date.

2 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Is your graphic card driver up to date?

Oh my God! :O By this answer it seems SI don't fixed this problem, wow!

Just now, thiagoanjo said:

Oh my God! :O By this answer it seems SI don't fixed this problem, wow!

They are looking into every issue that is posted in the bugs forum. This is just a feedback thread.

We're talking about the same sort of freezing, right? You make tactical changes, it gets to the point where they are actually made in-match with the text displayed in the commentary bar, and the game freezes for a few moments. Not that big of a deal imo although I suppose it looks a little bad. But perhaps the freeze duration varies.

Is there any chance of the black ball in 2D classic for Mac users being fixed?

I've tried playing the FM 18 beta but really cannot get into it playing 3D or with a black football. Keeps making me go back to FM 17.

Please tell me this is fixed in the full release?!

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

They are looking into every issue that is posted in the bugs forum. This is just a feedback thread.

I don't know any person who don't have this bug, I don't think this is a problem of the user's pc or configuration at all.

Sorry, is that for the answer, it seemed to me that SI is not aware of this terrible bug. Is SI working on this bug?

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

All games are released with bugs, welcome to 21st century gaming. 

Well i can't speak with someone who hasn't play fm18 at all because if you had play it you would have seen that fm18 has HUGE lag problems.....So play it first and then we can speak again...Welcome to you too....

5 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

All games are released with bugs, welcome to 21st century gaming. 

This is the truth, unfortunately. And are not a few glitches, is real bugs

2 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

Well i can't speak with someone who hasn't play fm18 at all because if you had play it you would have seen that fm18 has HUGE lag problems.....So play it first and then we can speak again...Welcome to you too....

Erm...

Fo69Al4.jpg

Just now, Sheriff7 said:

IF YOU DIDNT SEE HUGE LAG PROBLEMS GO TO AN EYE-DOCTOR THEN.....

This happens not to all users, it depends on your system and probably the graphic card.

1 minute ago, Sheriff7 said:

IF YOU DIDNT SEE HUGE LAG PROBLEMS GO TO AN EYE-DOCTOR THEN.....

There's a bit of lag on a couple of the screens, nothing major though, and it only first appeared today. I wouldn't have plied over 150 hours into this beta if I found it unplayable now, would I?

Just now, Sheriff7 said:

It happend to MANY other users and my system and graphic card are pretty good...

Just check if it does also happen when the game is released.

15 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

It happend to MANY other users and my system and graphic card are pretty good...

None of my FM-using friends have lag problems and at least one of them was sweating on whether FM18 would work on their old laptop. 

As I've said elsewhere to someone else, if a relatively low-spec PC game like Football Manager is causing huge issues on good machine, then it's likely you've got some serious issues in the background that are not specific to this game. You really should spend some time running diagnostic checks, cleaning up your drives and making sure everything is up-to-date. Good use of the time before the game is released. 

On the flip side, I had problems with FM 2016, reported it as a bug and they helped me resolve it. SI have astoundingly good customer service compared with other games houses, but you'll be dealt with sooner if you're polite and provide them with your system details. 

Edited by Nonlondoner

6 minutes ago, Nonlondoner said:

None of my FM-using friends have lag problems and at least one of them was sweating on whether FM18 would work on their old laptop. 

As I've said elsewhere to someone else, if a relatively low-spec PC game like Football Manager is causing huge issues on good machine, then it's likely you've got some serious issues in the background that are not specific to this game. You really should spend some time running diagnostic checks, cleaning up your drives and making sure everything is up-to-date. Good use of the time before the game is released. 

On the flip side, I had problems with FM 2016, report it as a bug and they helped me resolve it. SI have astoundingly good customer service compared with other games houses, but you'll be dealt with sooner if you're polite and provide them with your system details. 

Almost 100% of my friends have this same lag issue. And All of them (including myself) play another games (like fifa, pes, aion, call of duty...) without any problem. I am systems analyst and I don't think that is a user/machine problem at all. Probably (like 99% chances) it is a dev problem

Edited by thiagoanjo

1 minute ago, thiagoanjo said:

Almost 100% of my friends have this same lag issue. And All of them (including myself) play another games (like fifa, pes, aion, call of duty...) without any problem. I am systems analyst and I don't think that is a user/machine problem at all. Probably (like 99% chances) it is dev problem

Maybe, but it's best to run a diagnostic check before reporting a problem. I'm a problem solver for a living, start with all options and narrow them down, saves you having to go back to the start.