Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

3 screen shots showing an example of the poor intelligence in the game. The first screenshot clearly shows a perfect opportunity for a straight forward run for #8 (Icardi) through ball and a straight forward through ball for Mane. Instead the run isn't committed to and the pass isn't played. Sure i scored, but it's these things that are too often occurring and wasting good positions

20171108231526_1.jpg

20171108231539_1.jpg

20171108231546_1.jpg

Any sort of breakaway or break where the attacking team has numbers invariably leads to a shot 30 yards out of bounds or the sole defender tackling the dribbler while 3 unmarked men wait in the box. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

super goalkeepers seem to  be back since the update and wingers and strikers rarely get above a 6 rating now as they are never scoring and never creating.

1 hour ago, thnigelfc said:

I have a 22yr old hot prospect player who doesn't want to renew his contract, Because he's retiring from playing football.

Guess he won the Euro millions?

prob the ajax guy. he sufferd brain damage on the pitch and had to retired

Why is the preference to visit the fake social media the only one that never saves game to game? Why do I have to turn it off for every save I start? I don't understand why that isn't an overall preference like everything else. Drives me nuts every time I start a new save. Did the same thing in 17 too. So its clearly not a bug, its a design choice. I don't understand why.

1 hour ago, jamessmith010101 said:

super goalkeepers seem to  be back since the update and wingers and strikers rarely get above a 6 rating now

Sorry, but that's just nonsense. Goalkeepers may have had a touch-up (and they needed it) but even on limited beta game time I regularly see my strikers and wingers scoring 8-plus ratings. Your's may not be getting better than sixes, but I'm pretty sure that's not down to the match engine.

1 hour ago, warlock said:

Sorry, but that's just nonsense. Goalkeepers may have had a touch-up (and they needed it) but even on limited beta game time I regularly see my strikers and wingers scoring 8-plus ratings. Your's may not be getting better than sixes, but I'm pretty sure that's not down to the match engine.

I've seen a change since the latest update in both of those areas (wingers & goalkeepers) too.  I was doing really well prior to 18.0.3: high possession numbers, player ratings, high shot totals, shots on target, goals, and wins.  Now without any tactical changes the wheels have fallen off for my squad.  I'm being out possessed by inferior sides, giving up high numbers in shots and shots on target, giving up considerably more goals, and drawing or outright losing matches that I used to win fairly easily.  Opposition keepers are making some amazing saves or my players are shooting into the upper deck when the goal is wide open.  It's a real, ongoing challenge trying to counter whatever changes were made to the ME.

Has there been some update to the ME which has not been announced here because I've played two games yesterday evening and there were a lot of through balls form the AI defenders to their attackers and my defenders just couldn't cope with. I played standard, normal defensive line and counter. My defenders are Van Dijk and Koscielny and I was playing friendly vs some really ****** teams so it was strange. Can't remember one ball like this in the entire season I played..Very weird.

Having now played a decent amount of hours on FM18 Beta I'd like to say well done to SI on delivering a better version this year - it looks promising. 

I wasn't going to purchase the version of FM this year until March as I've been pretty fed up for the last two years of not enough progression on the match engine. However, things seem to be looking up and for the first time in a long while I look forward to playing the game and testing my wits.

As a coach of many years and a game player of football sims since the days of Football Director on the 48k Spectrum, I want to test my skills against the computer and AI, to be challenged, to be angered when things go wrong, to be shouting YES when I get one over on the AI. These feelings are coming back on this year's version - well done.

This year's version seems to be more difficult at the moment too, with the need to work  and study things a little more (definitely a positive).

There are a few things that do bug me in the match such as crossing (too many floated crosses hitting the bar or nearly going in), too many penalties for my liking and too many long balls. There are a few other things too, but I appreciate its only the Beta version.

If there was any advice to give to SI as a loyal customer, it would be to concentrate on the match engine and AI - this is your bread and butter in my opinion and something that people have got fed up with over the last few years. 

Overall, this could be the best FM version for many years and I'm looking forward to how improvements will be implemented. Excellent work SI, your pat on the back is well deserved this year.

6 hours ago, warlock said:

dude its not nonsense as im playing the game just like you and im just feeding back what i see. belotti for example in one game he had no real chances but he had a high pass rate and dribbling rate just didnt get the service he didnt miss any chances but he got a 6 but he actually played well in  linking up the play and dropping deep. this is where i think fm needs to look at the rating system you dont need to score or get an assist to play well.

goalies deffo have had a touch as some crazy saves going on. but in saying that would be some crazy scorelines sometimes so maybe its balanced out and good they are making those crazty saves just looks a bit far fetched whhen you see in in 3d.

on balance the game is v good though, you cant just run away with the league which i love, its good that lower league teams beat you and fab to see so many variation of tactics from the ai though the transfer market still needs tweaking 

just some feedback on the when your looking at the form of players, a lot of the form results seemed to have gone. just checked belotti form and hes onmly got one match in there whcih is the most recent one but he basically plays every game.

same for a lot of players some have 5 some have 1 game recorded in their form.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Every time a cross comes in, keeper knocks it out for a corner and you get told he "almost got lucky with that", you know fine well a goal is coming from the resultant corner. 

Since I posted this the "almost lucky" thing has happened about five times, and not once ended with a goal.

Well played SI, well played. 

11 hours ago, RobertPage said:

3 screen shots showing an example of the poor intelligence in the game. The first screenshot clearly shows a perfect opportunity for a straight forward run for #8 (Icardi) through ball and a straight forward through ball for Mane. Instead the run isn't committed to and the pass isn't played. Sure i scored, but it's these things that are too often occurring and wasting good positions

20171108231526_1.jpg

20171108231539_1.jpg

20171108231546_1.jpg

How much did you sign Icardi for? I am starting a save with Liverpool tomorrow.

12 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I have to register my squad for Second Qualifying Round of Champions League even though I'm already in the groups.

Is this a bug?

This happened to me on my Man Utd save aswell. Should be a bug since there is no need to register any squad before the group stages.

2 hours ago, jamessmith010101 said:

dude its not nonsense as im playing the game just like you and im just feeding back what i see

But you presented it as a fact when it isn't. I've seen keepers score high ratings, and I've seen some abysmal performances by the likes of De Gea who - for the first time ever in FM - I hauled off at halftime when his rating was down to 5.2. I've had games where I've put four or more goals past Courtois, Lloris and Neuer - no 'super keepers' there.

I don't know about wingers because I don't play them, but crossing is an issue. Apart from the vast number of 'didn't mean that' misplaced balls to the near post, the quality of crossing generally is appalling but I'm expecting a balancing pass on the match engine tomorrow that will hopefully sort it out.

When i play FM i always like to hire former players in m coaching staff. But in this version i find this impossible because most of them start with conference level attributes and lowest coaching badge possible.  Some examples in the thread i  opened in the bugs forum. 

Why is this part so neglected i cannot understand.  Also players like Xavi or Iniesta have for future plans to manage Barcelona. Yeah right with those stats they would not be  hired by the local junior school football team. 

another thing ive noticed goals from crosses is out as in way too many, not by good attacking but there seems to be a line where the defenders stop so when a player gets to the by line and crosses the defenders stop at the six yard line and the attacker is on his own  to head in. happens in  attack and defence but is really annoying and unrealistic

42 minutes ago, headshothitman said:

How much did you sign Icardi for? I am starting a save with Liverpool tomorrow.

It took a while to get the deal done but towards the end of the transfer window he handed in a transfer request (i made him my top target) and i signed him for £20mill up front + £29 mill over the next 3 years. Plus add ons which could take the deal up to £69 mill. Could have got him for £50 mill upfront but didn't have the money after already making other signings

1 minute ago, RobertPage said:

It took a while to get the deal done but towards the end of the transfer window he handed in a transfer request (i made him my top target) and i signed him for £20mill up front + £29 mill over the next 3 years. Plus add ons which could take the deal up to £69 mill. Could have got him for £50 mill upfront but didn't have the money after already making other signings

That's cheap, you've got a steal there. He'll be your striker (advanced forward) for years to come. What a predator & signing!

12 hours ago, RobertPage said:

20171108231526_1.jpg

20171108231539_1.jpg

20171108231546_1.jpg

more to go with this. He's under pressure so it wasn't guaranteed to be a successful pass with a goal scoring striker being in possession but to not attempt it and end up playing a 50 yard pass back to the keeper is unreal

20171109114443_1.jpg

20171109114457_1.jpg

20171109114512_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

i signed him for £20mill up front + £29 mill over the next 3 years. 

Can you still do three years? I could only see 6 months ans 12 months in the options now. Used to be you could do up to 48 months, unless I'm reading it wrong, not signed a player in instalments yet. 

1 minute ago, RobertPage said:

more to go with this. He's under pressure so it wasn't guaranteed to be a successful pass with a goal scoring striker being in possession but to not attempt it and end up playing a 50 yard pass back to the keeper is unreal

It's not really, our main striker (IRL) did exactly this a couple of weeks ago, the defence harried him back a bit and he passed back to our keeper from almost the halfway line. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Can you still do three years? I could only see 6 months ans 12 months in the options now. Used to be you could do up to 48 months, unless I'm reading it wrong, not signed a player in instalments yet. 

3 installments 12 monthly which equal 29 mill is the clause

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's not really, our main striker (IRL) did exactly this a couple of weeks ago, the defence harried him back a bit and he passed back to our keeper from almost the halfway line. 

it's not this situation alone which is the problem for me. It's how similar things re-occur so often on counter attacks

Is there a Bug with the CaC Trikot Designer?

I have not yet played that many matches but in every match every Player (including GK) in my Team wears a Trikot with a plain back despite they shall have a square or same back as front for the number and one of my Keeper wears the wrong socks with the small ring at the top instead of the middle.

Do i have not yet seen them wear my Trikot designs or does it flat out not work yet?

Colours so far are apllied but it seems on the shirt the primary colour is now the back colour which borks my designs bcs i need the secondary colour for the backsides of the shirts.

Edited by Etebaer

Just now, thomas_e said:

When the full game is released tomorrow, if you have the beta installed, do you have to make a new installment and also add additional graphics again? 

No, the beta will be just updated and becomes the full game.

1 hour ago, RobertPage said:

20171109114443_1.jpg

20171109114457_1.jpg

20171109114512_1.jpg

keeping the thread going. Here the pass was played way too late and got blocked off easily in the end. 

20171109130642_1.jpg

20171109130702_1.jpg

20171109130807_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, RobertPage said:

keeping the thread going. Here the pass was played way too late and got blocked off easily in the end. 

20171109130642_1.jpg

20171109130702_1.jpg

20171109130807_1.jpg

Robert, these are bug reports and so should really go into the bugs section with a PKM.

2 hours ago, headshothitman said:

That's cheap, you've got a steal there. He'll be your striker (advanced forward) for years to come. What a predator & signing!

Apparently there was a bug for serie A players prices :) It should be fixed in the official release of the game and I really hope will be like that because serie A prices are really too too low compared to real life.

20 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Apparently there was a bug for serie A players prices :) It should be fixed in the official release of the game and I really hope will be like that because serie A prices are really too too low compared to real life.

Ummmmm should I start a save with Liverpool now????? :D :onmehead:

Looking at the folder, it's some posters for new players. Not sure if they will appear in the game or not but some basic tips for beginners.

You can always check what's changed in an update by looking in your game folder and seeing which files have been updated.

37 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

Something just happened in my Steam account, FM18 downloaded and updated something, what's happening???

37 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

Something just happened in my Steam account, FM18 downloaded and updated something, what's happening???

ah its beta version

Edited by pizzachips

3 hours ago, headshothitman said:

Ummmmm should I start a save with Liverpool now????? :D :onmehead:

If you want an huge discount for all serie A players then yes :D In that case you should look Milinkovic savic fo example :brock: I won't say more but his price is half than the reality :D 

21 hours ago, forameuss said:

And what relevance do they have to those for FM18?  

Just because Steam is reacting negatively to a game doesn't mean that's what happens to all games because Steam is supposedly innately negative. I.e. don't make bad excuses.

Are position based opposition instructions working? I have them set but they are not transferring to matches.

Speaking of realism, by the way, I just had a player beat two defenders for a one on one. He immediately passed the ball backward. A joy to watch.

Edited by serif

Also, there appears to be a dual monitor or alt tabbing bug. After being away for a little while, probably afking outside of the game, and unpausing the match I'm experiencing stutter. Not sure if fps is lower but it might be. Regardless, I play with gsync so lower fps shouldn't cause stutter. Second time this has happened to me.