Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to disable the ads? 2d is bad enough this year and I just can't deal with the flashing. Rest of the game is great but the changes to 2d were not needed and are a big backwards step

Edited by 91427

Everything looks unfamiliar having been finely tuned into FM 2017 but i'll get used to it as usual.

Not sure what i'm doing with pre-match tactics meeting, randomly selecting things to talk about, not sure how many things need to be discussed, just picking 1 at the moment, no rhyme or reason behind what needs to be discussed but won my first 3 games with Stockport County so must be doing something right? 

1 minute ago, Ben Kenney said:

There is an option to set the frequency of your scouting meetings, you can set this per amount of entries (anywhere between 10-100 )or by period of time (daily to monthly). The scouting meeting will be generated into the users inbox, from here there is a link to your Scouting Centre or to your Scouted players list where you can review all scouted players and have the same actions available as you would do on the Scouting Centre. 

Aye, but if I set this to daily, for example, I'm going to get bombarded every day with recommendation emails. I just want a notification that a scout report I have requested is available. No idea why this was taken away. At the moment, every time I click continue, I'm checking the scouting screen, as I'm in pre-season so requesting a lot of reports. 

A lot of the options, particularly on the scouting centre and in contract negotiations look 'greyed out' as if you can't click them, but you can. 

Also, the 'offer trial' button on the scouting centre doesn't give you the options of how long you want the trial for, but you get this from the players profile screen in the usual way. Is it meant to be like that or is that a bug?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

just a question where are the england under 17s dont seem to be there 

We've never represented U17 International teams in the game; U19 is the lowest represented age group.

All of the players in the World Cup squad (and several others besides) are at their respective club teams though.

24 minutes ago, XaW said:

@Goddaça: You actually had me laughing out loud from that mini review and making my missus believe I finally lost my last marbles. You actually conjured an image into my head of Glen Murray in his mom's basement yelling at a computer screen holding a bodypillow. So thanks for that, I guess.

Welcome to every dream I’ve ever had.

Just now, Philip Rolfe said:

We've never represented U17 International teams in the game; U19 is the lowest represented age group.

All of the players in the World Cup squad (and several others besides) are at their respective club teams though.

shame would have been good and add to the realism esp  as we hae dominated at that level this year 

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, scotty-corkcityfc said:

Can we not split screen match day anymore?

Split screen as it was is no longer an option, however you can "dock" widgets and pin them, which creates the same effect. When dragging a match widget, there are icons at the top/bottom/left/right, if you drag onto those you create a dock. Click the pin icon and you have a split view between the pitch and your widgets, so you can have the view split from any angle and have any widgets you'd like in it. It can be widened if you choose to.

1 minute ago, kingrobbo said:

its working mate on default skin

those wanting link I havent got one just google it

c54f846507662773a9d75f6541382543.jpg

I mismatched with another face pack using some large pictures. I would not using this one, though. :D

I miss 2d already like the 3d data analyst but it's just not the same! Also can't see how match day stadium backgrounds can be added into game this year as pitch stays in background between highlights 😣hoping for a skin to allow this never had a FM without stadium background. Big changes RIP little dots 😔

37 minutes ago, Moutorious said:

has software processing been gone away with? made the game so much quicker for me before and I can't seem to find it..?

I'd like to know this please as being on Intel HD graphics (I play in 2D) i I find it works way, way better for me. Finding it all a bit sluggish right now.

9 minutes ago, KUBI said:

There is now 2D classic an data analyst cam.

This is such a clear downgrade on last year. There was already a very similar camera to data analyst. So poor

Edited by 91427

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mdshep said:

What has happened to the standard 2D classic!? The view called 2D classic is the one which was called 2D before which I don't like at all. When miles said no-one would play 2D any more he can't have meant because they got rid of the old school view. 

What about it don't you like? 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

hm cant find my old tactics in the tactic folder ,fmf files dont come up

Yeah .fmf's are disabled for the beta as the workshop is not yet available. 

• Administrators
Just now, pedrosantos said:

The elevated cam was one of the best things when watching 3D :(

will miss you babe

You can use the height and zoom options to recreate this within the match settings. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah .fmf's are disabled for the beta as the workshop is not yet available. 

Is there any way to convert FMF to TAC files? Export if you have FM17? Seems silly not to be able to use tactics from last year?

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

What about it don't you like? 

In the old 2d the match took up most of the screen and the stadium wasn’t visable. Now that the stadium is visable the pitch is much smaller and therefore seems much more cramped and makes the match less clear in my opinion. 

The 2d classic view of old is one I have used for years and years and it’s a shame to not have that. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

What's happened to 'close view' and 'main stand view'? There's only a few options this year. This is a major step backwards IMO 

Use zoom and high in the preferences to adjust your camera view.

I like the “new” 2d view. But for those of you who have played some of their games, how is you passes completed stat? I just smacked Fola Esch (lol) in euroleague qualis, but they had almost 100 more passes made then me haha. Doesnt seem right that my BPD Bonucci had 9 passes in 55 minutes in one game.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the new tactic screen. Don't know what having to expand/reduce the formation part achieves when pretty much all of the information shown fitted on to one screen in FM17. 

Also, hovering over the 'i' button of players/staff really seems to be an issue. Sometimes not showing any stats/attributes at all, and it no longer shows a player's star rating which was handy to get a quick idea of their quality.

Edited by -Nelly-