Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

Message added by Neil Brock

I think there is even more lag in the UI after the update. Making tactics changes during the game, moving between stats screens is slow - there is distinct hang-up moment. Same with checking profile of scouted players. And that's just after 15mins with new update. This UI continues to be the worst in the history of this series. What a joke.

1 minute ago, mandella said:

I think there is even more lag in the UI after the update. Making tactics changes during the game, moving between stats screens is slow - there is distinct hang-up moment. Same with checking profile of scouted players. And that's just after 15mins with new update. This UI continues to be the worst in the history of this series. What a joke.

Weird, as any lag I used to have is completely gone since the update, it's running much smoother for me. Try clearing the cache and reloading the skin, to see if that helps. I did that as soon as I loaded it up after the update and it's been fine. 

have you just changed the set piece screen? looks A LOT cleaner, and actually usable. keep at it, you have another week right....

Why has the conditioning/match sharpness view on the selection gone really small all of a sudden? Looks really odd and it's harder to see at a glance

20171104200647_1.jpg

Glad to see retina back on Mac, but the game is about 10x slower than the previous patch now, almost unusable.

6 minutes ago, SmurfDude said:

Can finally see the ball now. Much better

Really? Thank God for that, was driving me crazy.

Is the match day a bit less laggy too now? I know this is possibly computer related but my laptop is pretty decent and it's been slow inbetween clicks on match days

11 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Why has the conditioning/match sharpness view on the selection gone really small all of a sudden? Looks really odd and it's harder to see at a glance

20171104200647_1.jpg

Technically it hasn't as that option wasn't available in previous versions.

The old option of a column for each is still available to select as well.

14 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Weird, as any lag I used to have is completely gone since the update, it's running much smoother for me. Try clearing the cache and reloading the skin, to see if that helps. I did that as soon as I loaded it up after the update and it's been fine. 

My game still takes a lot of time to open.

Patch works well, the players names in the scout reports that come in the inbox are all nearly impossible to see though. minor.

So far though much better.

1 minute ago, Oenone87 said:

Patch works well, the players names in the scout reports that come in the inbox are all nearly impossible to see though. minor.

So far though much better.

I noticed their image is missing too, and sometimes names dont even appear

The club I managed had a reserve team in FM 17. Now it doesn't appear to and I can't find an option to create one (through the board). Is there nothing I can do?

1 minute ago, serif said:

The club I managed had a reserve team in FM 17. Now it doesn't appear to and I can't find an option to create one (through the board). Is there nothing I can do?

Is it an English League 2 or lower club?

Is it just me or did everything just get really small. On 125% zoom I can hardly read anything.

5 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Technically it hasn't as that option wasn't available in previous versions.

The old option of a column for each is still available to select as well.

It was an option before today's update. I was using. It's just become extremely small and looks like a slightly different font for some reason

Just now, corn_onthecurb said:

It was an option before today's update. I was using. It's just become extremely small and looks like a slightly different font for some reason

Sorry, thought you meant FM17 or prior.

Yeah does look different to the numbers in the other columns.

23 minutes ago, mandella said:

Same for me,especially the maiking tactics changes during the game,takes forever! 

12 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Technically it hasn't as that option wasn't available in previous versions

It's in FM17.

7 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

Same for me,especially the maiking tactics changes during the game,takes forever! 

same here.

Plus: The scouts of the players show in the view of the club profile is different then in a player profile

Plus²: The option of marking individually determined position still not working. 

Edited by thiagoanjo

where's the Editor introduced in the 18.0.3 ?

1 minute ago, Cizzu said:

where's the Editor introduced in the 18.0.3 ?

It says in the release notes that there is no editor in the beta

in my first friendly (after the update) i can't see one of the two goals with vertical scrolling on. stadium roof is blocking my view.

I think this is a known 'bug' already ?

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

It says in the release notes that there is no editor in the beta

I'm sorry :D
I needed the editor so much that I did not read well

"
this update contains no Pre-Game or In-Game Editor"

Anyone else find their scores in the bar with the team names really jarring? Seems inadequate somehow, can't quite put my finger on it.

Oh, and the single player waiting for everyone else on the pitch (match is in commentary only mode).

fm.jpg

First thing I've noticed after the update is that deep free kicks are still ridiculous.
Deep free kick within the center circle automatically means that there's noone between the centre and edge of the area.

25 minutes ago, Jibby123 said:

Is it an English League 2 or lower club?

It's a Bulgarian team.

Also, is Sports Science a significant attribute for physios, including head physio, or does it apply only to Sports Scientists?

Can someone else have a look, in case it's just my save, but on the new update when you're on the Staff Search screen, when you hover over the Edit Search button top right, it automatically opens as if it's been clicked?

Cant seem to even start a game as during add a manager, the button next appearance is dimmed so I can never add a manager. Anyone faced this?

This is in the full version game not the Touch version.

Speaking of Touch, does anyone has a proper review of it to see whats in it and whats not vs the full game?

2 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Can someone else have a look, in case it's just my save, but on the new update when you're on the Staff Search screen, when you hover over the Edit Search button top right, it automatically opens as if it's been clicked?

sure does

1 minute ago, Mikal said:

It happens to me aswell, even on player search screen. Sometimes I dont even have to hover over it and it just opens.

What's the deal with this? 29 total crosses apparently, only 3 showing on the analysis screen. 

Unt2itled.png

Untitled.png

12 minutes ago, SebastianRO said:

It happens to me aswell, even on player search screen. Sometimes I dont even have to hover over it and it just opens.

Saves a click I suppose, and the screen behind isn't blurred out now, which is better. 

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

Getting frustrated with this lags in the game.. every time i making tactical change,i press "confirm" and it taked 10 seconds until the tactical change has complete.. really annoying  

Yeah it's an issue we're aware of and investigating. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, 2calvin said:

What's the deal with this? 29 total crosses apparently, only 3 showing on the analysis screen. 

Unt2itled.png

Untitled.png

Can you please raise this on the UI bugs forum? Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Yeah it's an issue we're aware of and investigating. Thanks. 

Also its a bit lagging between days for me.. sometimes

Thanks mate

1 hour ago, mandella said:

It's your tactics.

seems like 18.03 UI is worse than 18.0.2 ... many problems in UI thread...

4 minutes ago, mmanu said:

Care to elaborate pls?

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Vertical lines on the 2D pitch display! Pitch markings are still light blue instead of white, but it's a start. 

Change notes say you can change the ball visibility and even the ball itself, where is this option? 

Preferences -> Interface -> Skin Colours ball options are at the bottom of the screen.

5 minutes ago, mmanu said:

Would it not be better to see for yourself? Personally I think it's improved quite a bit. 

The "champions league squad registration" bug, scouting centre player images not showing, staff screen text mixed in graphs, etc... check UI thread...

Double post but yeh, match day is really slow. Just hitting "Start second half" has a good 3-4 second delay

Edited by ChelseaSince86

3 minutes ago, mmanu said:

The "champions league squad registration" bug, 

I'll never need concern myself with this :lol:

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'll never need concern myself with this :lol:

:)

Can someone explain to me this one? I don't understand it fully:

"Scouting reports no longer showing minus days ?"

thanks.

I don't usually whine, but tactical changes lag are putting me off right now.

When searching for staff, why can you no longer filter by first team/under23/under18 realistic appointments from the main screen? Since this latest update it's been moved into the "New Search" popup, and it doesn't make any sense as to why. Just makes it more difficult to change it.

6 hours ago, Ventricity said:

Why do players with rotation squad status complain about playing time when they get to start every third game or more?

Every third game only equals 33% of starts, so that's very poor. You're going to have to give them at least half the games.