Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

This is the first version where I've found the match AI to actually provide an unpleasant and frustrating experience.

There just seems to be so little difference between world-beater teams and absolute minnows.  I appreciate a good challenge, a hard-fought match, and the occasional surprise battle against a lesser team, but when Real Irun is as hard as Real Madrid, when the goalkeeper for Chesterfield is as good as Gigi Buffon, when a team like Manchester City or Barcelona can barely put 2 goals past ANY team...it's just madly irritating and unrealistic.

There is discrepancy in real life. There needs to be more in this match engine. It feels almost like playing the same level team week in and week out. No variation in difficulty levels. I really, really hope this can be adjusted for the full release.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some luvin' , I really like the visually look and feel of matches/match day on generally in this from what I've seen. Are there any effects exclusively to DirectX 12, by the way? CM/FM have been purely text based sims until well into the 2000s). And going back to FM 2009, this has come leaps and bounds. Getting some additionally expertise from Creative Assembly was probably a very good decision, as some of their most recent work is borderline fantastic (does anybody know who provided the motion capturing data in Alien:Isolation for them?) :D Additionally, it's not as jazzed up as Fifa/PES in its presentation. It feels like something you may view on TV, but it doesn't jazz up every match to be a larger-than-life Hollywood event. Football in the media is getting far too overblown anyway, and I hope the game will keep some of a more grounded "tonality".  :)

I've noted that, purely statistically, the dribbling rates have gone down a huge deal. Is this due to a knock-on of some tweaks in match play (defending, attacking, decision making) -- or is this due to a reworked "definition" of what constitutes a dribbling in FM? Or is it simply a stats bug? After all, in particular on older releases, events were sometimes readily flagged a dribbling, that arguably shouldn't have been if you watched them back to back in the analysis and clicked on the dots. Like players barely knocking the ball two feets, let alone against past any opposition player (definition thing).

10 hours ago, Cap'nRad said:

About this point. I don't think the stats are a reliable measure of the game's reality, seeing as there are still dubious numbers for passing, crossing, km run, chances created etc, as well as dubious defensive and offensive play in general. If we input these numbers the game produces and are still getting the same scores and the same shot conversions as real life then logically it doesn't make sense. 

You should report it then if you find something. If you're following me you know my stance on this, probably. It's become my favourite topic as I was able to recreate what some players go through. What it comes down to in the end is the end products, and how that is modeled. Football is a game where the side that did create better chances has a higher probability of taking the points -- but far far from always does. Some matches are quite one-sided, most of them are fairly close affairs, however. If you don't go that route, that's not football, same as players not having wildly different conversion rates simply because of their traits on any competitive level, or anything. Let's not pretend that the game has ever replicated football as it fully is. My stance has still always been that the most vocal about this have been players that barely, if at all, follow any analysis or studies, have huge misconecptions about scoring rates, and that the feedback in the game doesn't help them (or anybody -- only from playing experience you get a feel how "decent" a "particular chance type" is.) The issue to me has never been that the game creates far too many "big chances" either, and that was also acknowledged by former mods/the coder chippes in some also. It's possible to have it the other way around, and certain tactical approaches highlight this for all to see, which has been the long-term issue. If still possible: Fixing stats wouldn't fix it, however. Fixing defending, may. An overabundance off set piece finishes on previous etc. -- they come about in the first place somehow. Like sides being far too easily pinned back simply by swarming the centre of the pitch (even if it's WHU vs. Barcelona), and then the defending side having it far too easy to readily clear it for such set piece scenarios.

I recently had an argument with a player who demanded this to be less "random" than football simply because he wants this to be "fun", rather than anything like football too much. I'm horrified by such a thought.... not even FIfa Manager is like this. This also goes two ways --- if the purely "statistically" (even on FM's too simplsitic/flawed stats) team would always win -- out of the window goes any possibility to ever stage a Celtic- Barcelona upset, anythihng. The sides that dominate the leagues would do it tenfolds more, and Real Madrid never lose a game, when in the current season they have already dropped points a plenty despite them being all over their respecitve opponents. The game's overall far less random than football, anyway. You will never, ever get spells of months where a side creates decent chances (or what the game considers such), but still comes out with no goals whatsoever (Crystal Palace this season) -- a side consistently conceding over 20 attempts per match, whilst conceding but 0.6 goals per match off those (Burnley this season). And if the game would make anything of these even these the slightest bit of a possibility,, these forums would be total meltdown.  If any of that were possible, and it really isnt', it might not happen often. But similar to the injury rates, which have been much lowerto real football if you look at any in-game table in more recent and compare (making this customizable is still a good idea), somebody will always have it, as this is a game played by hundreds of thousands. This is laws of probability. Unless there is a "ZERO chance" of something occuring, it will occur. Question is, how often does it. Which is also why reporting isolated cases / random events imo is no much need, unless it is a once-in-a-lifetime event that would never happen... (e.g. Palermo missing three penalties in a single m..... no, wait). :D

Edited by Svenc

Not sure if this is already posted but waiting 4 days to get scout report is a very bad move. I wanted to scout few players very close to deadline and I didn't get scout report at all, ended up signing players based on gut feeling rather than scout report. 

If Scout report takes 4 days then at least there should be option for some quick scout report when we are close to deadline day. 

5 minutes ago, scholesvolley said:

Not sure if this is already posted but waiting 4 days to get scout report is a very bad move. I wanted to scout few players very close to deadline and I didn't get scout report at all, ended up signing players based on gut feeling rather than scout report. 

If Scout report takes 4 days then at least there should be option for some quick scout report when we are close to deadline day. 

agreed 100%. Long scout reports are annoying but bearable, but when you are close to the deadline you need quick reports. 

34 minutes ago, Roncatto99 said:

• Liverpool Syndrome M.E - Yep, we're back to 30 shots vs 2 shots, final score 1-1 crap again.

I'd be very interested in such matches. Not because they are particularly curious, mind. Just how they come about in FM. If you click on the results, you can open the analysis again, where you can take a look into the shot spread. (The areas on the pitch where shots are taken, like this). If you then click on those dots, you can watch the shots back to back. How many of those are from set pieces (corners, indirect free kicks, attacking throw-ins?) How many set pieces did the "dominating" side have in general? How many corners were displayed on the simple final match stats page, for instance? Real life, Liverpool currently average about 6 corners per match, despite their "syndrome" for instance.  And we must assume that Kloppo doesn't overly overexpose his defense, and doesn't compress the space his side can operate him going forward much, which on FM, is doable and can still contribute wildly, from both AI managers and players.

Edited by Svenc

I'm into and enjoying my save now.

I know from experience at work that you eventually get used to a hideous UI, sooner or later you learn where everything is at which point it doesn't matter how intuitive it is. I fear for those coming to the game 'new', I can imagine a lot playing the demo and thinking "I can't be bothered with that". In it's current state I suspect it will cost SI a lot of new sales whilst the 'old guard' will plod on with it.

My reputation at Stockport is increasing so i'm getting more respect from players, I started with 'Sunday League' experience but half a season in, we're 2nd and they're listening more to what I have to say. I can only say that's as it should be and is well implemented.

I've had a couple of mutinies, one player got the hump when I fined him, he came to see me a couple of months later to say he's moved on and is happy at the Club, nice touch.

I had the player requesting first team football, I normally used to get round it by saying 'so & so is in the form of his life', that doesn't cut it this year. We had a row, he's training with youth players, half the team support me, half him but the key thing is, it DOESN'T seem to be impacting Match PERFORMANCE very much.  

At this level there is a clear difference between the weaker and stronger teams in the Division, i'm pumping the weak teams and have my hands full with the stronger teams, again as it should be.

I'm playing an Academy Challenge so I've not used the scouting yet, but its good to see I already have the option to improve Youth Recruitment, last year I had to wait until I was in the Championship.  

Tactically I now have a reasonably high scoring and entertaining tactic which helps enjoyment immensely, I can't work out if my non-league Centre Backs are passing the ball like Kevin De Bruyne or whether they're just 'hoofing it' and my front line is making them look good. Seen some great goals with a lot of variety.

The guys at SI know what they're doing, they're smarter than most of us, they've been ambitious this year and this is only the Beta. Eventually I think FM18 will be a great game and possibly a watershed moment in the series.  

And at least they're not 'dumbing down' the series, kudos for that.

Keep the faith.

Edited by Mr U Rosler

After being sacked in January of the first season in my Scottish lower league save ( :lol: ), I started a new save with Fulham in the Championship. Obviously several levels up in class, and in the first week, nearly every member of my backroom staff is being poached by Premier League clubs. Is this normal? I've never encountered this on any FM save before. 

I introduced a colleague of mine to FM this year and he instantly got hooked (47 year old, not computer-savvy, never played computer games to any larger extent, got serious problems with finding the right buttons on the controller in FIFA18). 

Just to give a different view on the whole "UI is hell, imagine what it's like for new players?". He got no problem using it as soon as he got going and with some friendly hints from me where he could find the things he was looking for. I think his biggest problem so far have been to comprehend what is actually possible to do, to understand how deep the rabbit hole goes. But there has been zero complaining about UI.

2 minutes ago, Karnack said:

I introduced a colleague of mine to FM this year and he instantly got hooked (47 year old, not computer-savvy, never played computer games to any larger extent, got serious problems with finding the right buttons on the controller in FIFA18). 

Just to give a different view on the whole "UI is hell, imagine what it's like for new players?". He got no problem using it as soon as he got going and with some friendly hints from me where he could find the things he was looking for. I think his biggest problem so far have been to comprehend what is actually possible to do, to understand how deep the rabbit hole goes. But there has been zero complaining about UI.

This is like being introduced to only vanilla ice cream and thinking it's the best flavor, being ignorant of any other.

Just now, ai2ker said:

This is like being introduced to only vanilla ice cream and thinking it's the best flavor, being ignorant of any other.

I was specifically giving this view because there have been a few outcries about "If it's this bad for me, imagine what it's like for a completely new player!" - A new player would be ignorant of any other version or flavor if you wish.

Just now, Karnack said:

I was specifically giving this view because there have been a few outcries about "If it's this bad for me, imagine what it's like for a completely new player!" - A new player would be ignorant of any other version or flavor if you wish.

Yeah but it doesn't make them right. It's obvious the UI has significant issues, these 'things are fine' posts don't help at all.

Some dev please take a look at the Sunderland home pitch, it's forcing me out the door with every match being horrendous to look at, a bright yellow pitch that hurts your eyes.... I love my away matches when I can actually watch them, home matches I almost Sim them as I can't even focus on the ball, get a damn headache out of that bright pitch. 

Edited by SlayerX87

15 minutes ago, ai2ker said:

Yeah but it doesn't make them right. It's obvious the UI has significant issues, these 'things are fine' posts don't help at all.

They help exactly the same amount as posts expressing the complete opposite viewpoint.  People are allowed their opinion, positive or negative, as long as issues are raised as bugs it doesn't really matter what other people say.  Do you think SI are going to see that person say he finds it fine and just shrug and move on?  

Edited by forameuss

I've played 1000+hrs of FM over the past two installments. Just downloaded 18 last night and got a few hours in. Not sure what most people are complaining about, to be frank. Took 5 minutes setting up corner routines (already scored from one) and pumped am absolutely diddy team 4-1 with absolutely no bother. 

Only bit that annoys me is the scout meetings, preferred the old method. 

11 hours ago, janesy20 said:

Tottenham Hotspur_  Overview.png

I can't see that anyone else has answered this; but this function only works when you have 11 players selected in your starting line-up. I can see your left IF position isn't filled, so adding a player to that position will re-enable the function.

46 minutes ago, ai2ker said:

It doesn't make them wrong either. 

Unless it's something that is objectively broken, like a widget not expanding correctly, not liking how it looks becomes entirely subjective. And their views become just as valid 

It's funny - I seem to remember when FM17 launched there were loads of complaints about the UI, the colour choices, the flow of screens.

I'm really enjoying the beta. Haven't had a single crash or glitch on my Windows setup; even on the highest graphics settings it doesn't thrash the cooling fans in the way FM17 did; the TC has room for improvement but it's a massive step up from what has gone before; and the 18.0.2 hotfix sorted out the glaring pitch colours (would still like ball-visibility to be improved further). Dynamics looks great and is working pretty much the way I'd expect and, as Mr Rosler posted, the players are slowly becoming more responsive to team talks.

There are a few minor issues with scouting but most could be sorted if people took five minutes to properly explore the interface. My only real complaint so far is the fact that adjusting scout search parameters is behind a pop-up, which does make it genuinely tedious to tweak a search.

As for the many bugs people are complaining about, it's a beta - bug-hunting is precisely the point.

im 20 games in with a relegation tipped newcastle havnt seen a 0-0 , every game i played has between 2-8 goals in it, unable to win/draw any game away from home it seem an automatic loss for now, as its beta i have been saving and reloading playing away games 3,4 times with different tactics but same result, best i can do is play counter or attacking football and loose 5-1 rather than setting up a structured defensive tactic and losing 6-0.  Several times i have conceded 2-5 goals in the first 45mins...

i also find the match highlights very predictable at times but i have been playing the game for so many years and hours i expect it a little. CM94 - FM18

hard to tell if the games difficult or broken right now, im not interest in playing with man u, wolves,man city or barcelona (any powerhouse in a league ) etc any tactic there will work and give false results.

people who are managing weak/releagtion tipped teams help me? nothing is working nothing is gelling many hours spent on the tactic screen and im pretty burned out ready to give up till full release.

I have to say i did sell joselu and mitrovic, bought in aboubacar+dolberg, abo is scoring every game and is worth double what i paid for him already, very frustrated and totally overwhelmed by a game im used to be a borderline god at .

The crossing bug became so annoying i have applied cross less often on my wide midfielders, wingers  - possibly this is why im gettign destoryed?

I would say it would become a bit annoying to read how people complain about high scores, 30-2 shots and ending 1-1, players standing like statues during corner routines etc., if I was a developer. Really, before you start moaning, make sure you actually set-up your team accordingly. I thought it became a well known thing that FM is no longer about plug & play so before you blame the game for destroying your form, take a look at your tactics and players selection because that's most likely why you fail.

Edited by Armistice

27 minutes ago, Domathon said:

im 20 games in with a relegation tipped newcastle havnt seen a 0-0 , every game i played has between 2-8 goals in it, unable to win/draw any game away from home it seem an automatic loss for now, as its beta i have been saving and reloading playing away games 3,4 times with different tactics but same result, best i can do is play counter or attacking football and loose 5-1 rather than setting up a structured defensive tactic and losing 6-0.  Several times i have conceded 2-5 goals in the first 45mins...

i also find the match highlights very predictable at times but i have been playing the game for so many years and hours i expect it a little. CM94 - FM18

hard to tell if the games difficult or broken right now, im not interest in playing with man u, wolves,man city or barcelona (any powerhouse in a league ) etc any tactic there will work and give false results.

people who are managing weak/releagtion tipped teams help me? nothing is working nothing is gelling many hours spent on the tactic screen and im pretty burned out ready to give up till full release.

I have to say i did sell joselu and mitrovic, bought in aboubacar+dolberg, abo is scoring every game and is worth double what i paid for him already, very frustrated and totally overwhelmed by a game im used to be a borderline god at .

The crossing bug became so annoying i have applied cross less often on my wide midfielders, wingers  - possibly this is why im gettign destoryed?

I think that's the only post like that this year. Most people bemoan low scoring games.

I intend to play a season as Newcastle over the next couple of days and will bear your experience in mind.

I'm not aware of a crossing bug, and found home form harder to get right than away form.

Might as well be playing a different game!

4 hours ago, scholesvolley said:

This sounds incredibly realistic to me....

It takes time to scout a player. I shouldn't be able to know everything about any player straight away

22 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

It takes time to scout a player. I shouldn't be able to know everything about any player straight away

You don't get to know everything about any player straight away. You get a first initial rough overview of them. Knowing 'everything' takes time, as it has done for many versions.

Just now, Tiger666 said:

You don't get to know everything about any player straight away. You get a first initial rough overview of them. Knowing 'everything' takes time, as it has done for many versions.

This is what the attributes are for no? 

I see the attributes as the quick scout report, anything more should take time and scouting. Scouts should actually have to watch a player in game consult his network of smaller scouts (I imagine they have one)

3 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I'm into and enjoying my save now.

I know from experience at work that you eventually get used to a hideous UI, sooner or later you learn where everything is at which point it doesn't matter how intuitive it is. I fear for those coming to the game 'new', I can imagine a lot playing the demo and thinking "I can't be bothered with that". In it's current state I suspect it will cost SI a lot of new sales whilst the 'old guard' will plod on with it.

My reputation at Stockport is increasing so i'm getting more respect from players, I started with 'Sunday League' experience but half a season in, we're 2nd and they're listening more to what I have to say. I can only say that's as it should be and is well implemented.

I've had a couple of mutinies, one player got the hump when I fined him, he came to see me a couple of months later to say he's moved on and is happy at the Club, nice touch.

I had the player requesting first team football, I normally used to get round it by saying 'so & so is in the form of his life', that doesn't cut it this year. We had a row, he's training with youth players, half the team support me, half him but the key thing is, it DOESN'T seem to be impacting Match PERFORMANCE very much.  

At this level there is a clear difference between the weaker and stronger teams in the Division, i'm pumping the weak teams and have my hands full with the stronger teams, again as it should be.

I'm playing an Academy Challenge so I've not used the scouting yet, but its good to see I already have the option to improve Youth Recruitment, last year I had to wait until I was in the Championship.  

Tactically I now have a reasonably high scoring and entertaining tactic which helps enjoyment immensely, I can't work out if my non-league Centre Backs are passing the ball like Kevin De Bruyne or whether they're just 'hoofing it' and my front line is making them look good. Seen some great goals with a lot of variety.

The guys at SI know what they're doing, they're smarter than most of us, they've been ambitious this year and this is only the Beta. Eventually I think FM18 will be a great game and possibly a watershed moment in the series.  

And at least they're not 'dumbing down' the series, kudos for that.

Keep the faith.

I'd like to know more about your tactic if it's not too cheeky.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Roncatto99 said:

I am going to say it, this is the WORST football/championship manager has ever been.

I understand its a beta, but common, there is so much wrong with the game its frankly unplayable imho.

• UI is terrible - Extra buttons for simple tasks such as searching for a player. Scouting players becoming a chore, what was wrong with 1 day scouting reports? Oh and don't get me started on why would you not get sent reports to your inbox. ITS 2017, AN INVENSION CALLED E-MAILS IS QUITE POPULAR YOU KNOW.
  • Corners - No matter what tactics I set up, they just stand there like statues when a corner comes in. I genuinly think they are broken.
  • Cameras - Really? How did watching the game through a clipped wall of a flood light get through testing? I mean thats awful
  • Liverpool Syndrome M.E - Yep, we're back to 30 shots vs 2 shots, final score 1-1 crap again.
  • Dynamics - hahahhaha - I sold Jon Flanagan who was in the reserves and whom doesnt even get in the match day squad in real life and Henderson and Milner are SUPER upset. Good lord.

I tried so hard to find positives and to give it a chance as its a Beta, but its just not a fun experience atm. The UI is by far the worst its been. Sometimes, simplicity excels.

I feel like they have tried so hard to add lots of new features, but have created a bit of a mess.

25 years of playing this game and I cannot get past pre-season without wanting to quit.

I'll wait to see what patches come out, but, that UI is a killer at the moment.

In regards to the scouting - the minimum it takes to compile a report is a week now in-game because this was felt to be a more realistic indicator of the time taken to gather information. You can also change the delivery options via the Scouting Inbox so that the Scouting Reports come into your main inbox more often. 

18 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

In regards to the scouting - the minimum it takes to compile a report is a week now in-game because this was felt to be a more realistic indicator of the time taken to gather information. You can also change the delivery options via the Scouting Inbox so that the Scouting Reports come into your main inbox more often. 

to reveal attributes it shouldn't take more than three days. during the transfer window, it should take even less, at least for teams in top tiers of majority of leagues (and all teams able to afford scouting pack, depending if the player scouted is covered by the scouting pack, of course). That is valid for attributes only though. Personalities and hidden attributes should depend on scouting level of the team and might take much longer.

Edited by MBarbaric

@Neil Brock Why has there been forum silence from SI over the issue of gay newgens? Does it not show disrespect to forum members when these questions are answered on Miles's twitter page but ignored on the forum. If I want to know more about this and why it was introduced into game, do I have to get a twitter account?

The forum silence just makes it seem like a cynical ploy to get people talking about the game rather than an attempt to normalise the issue and bring it into the mainstream

16 hours ago, Per Annum said:

I'm unemployed and have had a few job interviews. My manager profile shows a 'wnt' icon in the centre top tab, but clicking on it doesn't do anything. Nice to know I'm wanted!

It did that on 17, you'd have to hover over the wnt and it would show you who's interested.

11 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

I've noticed while playing the game this year that so many passes are played off the floor when there is no need. This is not realistic at all, players don't play 5-10 yard passes in the air with no player in between to play it over.

I played 2D classic on FM 2017 so if this has always been the case I would never have noticed it until now. 

It just looks so unnatural and unrealistic to me when players are playing so many passes in the air. I'm playing with Everton so the players should be able to pass the ball on the floor.

Fully agree and already undelined myself, the passing decisions are awful, the worst in years. No matter the situation or the instructions, the players are biased towards sad long balls, please SI have a look

GK cannot handle the ball still an issue, I'm amazed how this issue which was very known in FM17 not yet fixed, not only that, also full backs crossing and they almost "being lucky to score"...

If i were keeping the game, I would say that this is the 1st time I would use an unofficial skin (I always used the dark official one), but there is not point from doing that, cause the game will be refunded today.

I appriciate the effort, but saying no thanks to this release.

2 hours ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Yeah. The idea that a player can be scouted in a day is a laugh. You'd get the same information in a day in real life as you've likely already got in game. Actual scouting to reveal a players attributes does, and should, take several games.

1 hour ago, MoxeysTheName said:

@Neil Brock Why has there been forum silence from SI over the issue of gay newgens? Does it not show disrespect to forum members when these questions are answered on Miles's twitter page but ignored on the forum. If I want to know more about this and why it was introduced into game, do I have to get a twitter account?

The forum silence just makes it seem like a cynical ploy to get people talking about the game rather than an attempt to normalise the issue and bring it into the mainstream

What do you want them to say about it?

7 minutes ago, LCpl said:

Yeah. The idea that a player can be scouted in a day is a laugh. You'd get the same information in a day in real life as you've likely already got in game. Actual scouting to reveal a players attributes does, and should, take several games.

A day's report should basically give no info other than his age and playing history, and perhaps his natural playing position and footedness if he's within your scouting catchment area. In-depth strength and weakness analysis, secondary playing positions and hidden attributes should take a bit longer of find out. Unless his reputation is high, naturally; a real-life scout wouldn't need a week to submit a report on Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo...

1 minute ago, Mons said:

A day's report should basically give no info other than his age and playing history, and perhaps his natural playing position and footedness if he's within your scouting catchment area. In-depth strength and weakness analysis, secondary playing positions and hidden attributes should take a bit longer of find out. Unless his reputation is high, naturally; a real-life scout wouldn't need a week to submit a report on Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo...

Exactly. Who the heck gets to deadline day without have identified and attempted to sign their targets anyway?

(Apart from Liverpool and Andy Carroll which remains a scary anomaly)

Edited by LCpl

• Administrators
1 hour ago, MoxeysTheName said:

We've linked to his answer which is pretty clear? We've said there are additional finance benefits which stem for merchandise sales etc, other than that there are no other linked effects in-game. I don't really know how we can add any more to what Miles has already said? 

11 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've linked to his answer which is pretty clear? We've said there are additional finance benefits which stem for merchandise sales etc, other than that there are no other linked effects in-game. I don't really know how we can add any more to what Miles has already said? 

I'm not trying to be sensationalist about this, it's clear where I'm coming from and what I'm trying to say if you read my other posts on the matter.

What is the intended purpose of this feature?

Edited by MoxeysTheName

4 hours ago, Karnack said:

Yeah, but even as far back as 2004 this place was rife with hysteria regarding any and all change. For example, capital letters actually improve on the UI for me and if they didn't it's cosmetic and irrelevant but saying so in here is about as acceptable as clubbing kittens. This years buzzwords are amateurish and immersion, whereas previous versions were unplayable and broken.

There's definitely a few things wrong, notably a few minor issues in ME, fluidity and navigation. A few UI fixes where things are actually broken, but it's not as if SI are going to spend time fixing what isn't actually broken. 

13 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I think that your reply says it all really. If you are going to be so half hearted about the issue, why bother putting in the game.

5 minutes ago, MoxeysTheName said:

I think that your reply says it all really. If you are going to be so half hearted about the issue, why bother putting in the game.

What exactly is it that you'd like them to say that they're not saying? That reply seems pretty reasonable to me.

9 minutes ago, MoxeysTheName said:

It's a little easter egg in the game. Not a full-blown feature or anything near it. I find it strange that you seem surprised that you're not being engaged when you display the attitude you are. You do have plenty of answers now regarding the easter egg, so maybe time to move on...

14 minutes ago, That There Phil said:

What exactly is it that you'd like them to say that they're not saying? That reply seems pretty reasonable to me.

Doesn't really say anything about why it was introduced and is disrespectful to non twitter users.

Why bring attention to the sexuality of gay players and make it seem odd? If the news is released via the ingame social media why don't you also hear snippets about the lives of your straight players? If it was done in this way it would less like "Buy your tickets here!! Buy your tickets here!!! Come and see Gay Man play" and more normal, something you would just hear in passing

Edited by MoxeysTheName

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's a little easter egg in the game. Not a full-blown feature or anything near it. I find it strange that you seem surprised that you're not being engaged when you display the attitude you are. You do have plenty of answers now regarding the easter egg, so maybe time to move on...

Why not make it seem more normal( which it 100% is) by also being able to hear snippets about the lives of your straight players? Would a gay player want this to be his USP when his straight teammate's lives go unheralded?

9 minutes ago, MoxeysTheName said:

Doesn't really say anything about why it was introduced and is disrespectful to non twitter users.

Why bring attention to the sexuality of gay players and make it seem odd? If the news is released via the ingame social media why don't you also hear snippets about the lives of your straight players? If it was done in this way it would less like "Buy your tickets here!! Buy your tickets here!!! Come and see Gay Man play" and more normal, something you would just hear in passing

The relevant tweets from Miles where also posted here. There is also coverage in news paper in which Miles explain, why this feature is part of FM 2018.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/football-manager-2018-has-event-fictitious-players-come-gay/