Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

Message added by Neil Brock

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Carmi88 said:

small issue with the 2D display, the ball is always spinning, even when in place for set pieces and now i've noticed it i know its going to bug me every game :D

I can't unsee it now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The squad depth screen is now vertical and you cannot see the whole team on one screen , seems a bit of a baffling choice.

 

omMGjLc.png

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, corneille said:

I can't unsee it now!

and everyone else who will read this shall join me in my suffering until it is fixed

 

*mwahahahaha* 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

The squad depth screen is now vertical and you cannot see the whole team on one screen , seems a bit of a baffling choice.

 

omMGjLc.png

It was like this in FM17 too was it not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, how much better does the match/graphics engine look when a game is played under the floodlights? Really brings out the colour on the screen. I much prefer this to sunlight. Also, have you noticed that even if it's lashing down with rain, it's still blue skies and sunny? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ben carter said:

It was like this in FM17 too was it not?

No, it was horizontal with everyone on the one screen....

 

Squad-Depth.png

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

No, it was horizontal with everyone on the one screen....

It's vertical on FM17 too. I just fired it up to look. Did you use a skin for FM17?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

No, it was horizontal with everyone on the one screen....

 

Squad-Depth.png

You're comparing two different screens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You're comparing two different screens. 

True !

I think the skin I used must also have turned the other screen horizontal as well. Oh well nothing to see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

By the way, how much better does the match/graphics engine look when a game is played under the floodlights? Really brings out the colour on the screen. I much prefer this to sunlight. Also, have you noticed that even if it's lashing down with rain, it's still blue skies and sunny? 

I haven't noticed the rain with blue skies, I thought the rain looked more realistic than before in a floodlit game.  The sunny skies with rain was in FM16 too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

 The sunny skies with rain was in FM16 too

I wouldn't know, as I always used to turn weather effects off in previous versions, something else SI have helpfully removed from this year's game :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reinstalled fm 17 after refunding 18, 4.5 stars with 24,000+ database, on 18, english leagues down to league 1 small database is 2.5 stars for and plays dreadful yet the game is supposed to have the same minimum specs.3B645A27-3F98-438D-9F90-C3ED699A8DF7.thumb.jpeg.ec04b31f659404e2eb03cb707e0c36f0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SkaldfraNorden said:

When editing / making various views, how can I get graphical position column, as in default player search screen? Whenever I choose position I get only letters.

 

Bump, anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I wouldn't know, as I always used to turn weather effects off in previous versions, something else SI have helpfully removed from this year's game :rolleyes:

Same here as I find the rain in particular makes viewing the match unpleasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Payaso said:

I haven't yet managed a single competitive match on this newest iteration but will still comment a little bit about the match engine:

As I requested there now seem to be more of those long range through balls from the more creative players and for example my DLP is putting in some beauties and by that creating good breaks as I wish tactically. Much better and I hope that this 'feature' is here to stay as for me the term 'creativity' or 'vision' has been almost completely missing from the game. 

Sadly though the defending seems to be quite a bit the same based on highlights. Centre backs still do not aggressively step out of the defensive line to close down the striker and this at times makes the support role with a striker too dominating. Also what I see a lot with defenders (still) is full backs totally falling asleep in slow build-ups which allows the winger or overlapping full back to escape and the other full back falling asleep at far post and this leads to both lots of free crosses and easy tap ins from the far post. The defenders in general should be more of experts inside the penalty area and dominating especially against the wide attacking players but that doesn't seem to be the case.

In terms of midfield the lack of pressure on the ball carrier especially with more than one player again seems to lead to the fact that the playmakers are seeing far too much of the ball. Again cannot stress enough that SI most definitely should make strikers defend instead of letting them loaf around and by that also nullifying lot of the CB roles as they cannot take part to the build ups. I simply do not understand why they do not consider doing this and see how it goes. 

The midfield and the penalty area simply require more aggression and better marking and by that the effectivity of slow tempo approaches would drop.

1.thumb.jpg.c96c3e5cce394fa63278279134a980fd.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a443a4ef03a35c92fc78aac525014abd.jpg

This is a really good example of what annoys me. In the SC one you can clearly notice that Lemos is in ideal position to deal with this but what he does after the cross comes in is that he starts walking wrong direction while the striker (who isn't a good penalty area player) makes really active movement to connect with the ball and scores with ease. Both the goalkeeper and Lemos are really poor in this example and both of them should be clearly better penalty area players than the striker Berisha. This is even more common with full backs who especially on FM 2017 regularly just walked away from the ball at far post to allow easy goals for wide players. 

You should raise this with the .pkm in the bugs forum if you want it to be looked at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest El Payaso
1 minute ago, footy1 said:

You should raise this with the .pkm in the bugs forum if you want it to be looked at.

I'm not posting any bug reports this year. Also my game crashed soon after this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, El Payaso said:

I'm not posting any bug reports this year. Also my game crashed soon after this. 

That's fine, but the issues you're moaning about won't get fixed if they aren't reported in the correct place with necessary evidence.

Edited by footy1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest El Payaso
1 minute ago, footy1 said:

That's fine, but the issues you're moaning about won't get fixed if they aren't reported in the correct place with necessary evidence.

I'm not exactly moaning about anything and with the feedback I got last year I don't think that I and the SI staff see the game in the same way. So basically all my reports will simply be unnecessary extra work. I rather just enjoy the game this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't released players show up automatically on the transfer history screen anymore? You have to go to a separate dropdown to be able to see them. Is this deliberate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When looking at the leading transfers in the world, a £65 million deal that also involved a player is not included

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read the article on players announcing they are gay on FM. Nice way to raise awareness 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, martplfc1 said:

Just read the article on players announcing they are gay on FM. Nice way to raise awareness 👍

Its on BBC news no less.

Interesting read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We also had to take some legal advice, because in some countries that are less forward-thinking than the UK, it is still illegal to be gay. In those cases we have simply respected their laws, so if a player is based in one of those countries, the player won't come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I wouldn't know, as I always used to turn weather effects off in previous versions, something else SI have helpfully removed from this year's game :rolleyes:

Along with the ability to turn the stadiums off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I'd be surprised if there wasn't some kind of negative response (i.e. A ban) by selling the game at all in those countries, if SI do sell it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swindon69 said:

Same here as I find the rain in particular makes viewing the match unpleasant.

I think it's the one thing that does look better in this version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just getting into the new game - I have had an issue where one of my players was automatically subbed - I had match plans selected during the match in question - but there is nothing on the plans or the settings to why this would happen,  I don't have an assistant manager at the moment as Im waiting for one to join the club and have checked the staff instructions and Im down as the manager in friendlies so not sure why this has happened. Can anyone offer any insight to why a player would automaticliy be subbed off and another player brought on

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked about this earlier, but I'm still having trouble with it so I'll rephrase my question:

In FM18, how do I assign my scouts to search for players who are currently without a club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone, please:

Is there a stadiums editor?

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont want build a new stadium, want edit the existents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sergif said:

Anyone, please:

Is there a stadiums editor?

Thanks

 

Nope, no such thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Nope, no such thing.

Why not? Can't believe that I am the only one interested.

After 20 years of work, immersion of the game is awesome. It's fantastic how player movements are real. Face packs, logo packs, kit packs and every  community work, impressive.

But I need real stadiums. Every one is unique and is part of football history. How can we forget it?

I understand SI don't haves licences (EA sports have it) so give me an editor or I give up, really disappponted.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ultimoroger said:

In FM18, how do I assign my scouts to search for players who are currently without a club.

In the player search dialog box, the top-right option is 'contract status' - choose 'expired' or 'unattached' from the drop-down menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, El Payaso said:

I haven't yet managed a single competitive match on this newest iteration but will still comment a little bit about the match engine:

As I requested there now seem to be more of those long range through balls from the more creative players and for example my DLP is putting in some beauties and by that creating good breaks as I wish tactically. Much better and I hope that this 'feature' is here to stay as for me the term 'creativity' or 'vision' has been almost completely missing from the game. 

Sadly though the defending seems to be quite a bit the same based on highlights. Centre backs still do not aggressively step out of the defensive line to close down the striker and this at times makes the support role with a striker too dominating. Also what I see a lot with defenders (still) is full backs totally falling asleep in slow build-ups which allows the winger or overlapping full back to escape and the other full back falling asleep at far post and this leads to both lots of free crosses and easy tap ins from the far post. The defenders in general should be more of experts inside the penalty area and dominating especially against the wide attacking players but that doesn't seem to be the case.

In terms of midfield the lack of pressure on the ball carrier especially with more than one player again seems to lead to the fact that the playmakers are seeing far too much of the ball. Again cannot stress enough that SI most definitely should make strikers defend instead of letting them loaf around and by that also nullifying lot of the CB roles as they cannot take part to the build ups. I simply do not understand why they do not consider doing this and see how it goes. 

The midfield and the penalty area simply require more aggression and better marking and by that the effectivity of slow tempo approaches would drop.

1.thumb.jpg.c96c3e5cce394fa63278279134a980fd.jpg2.thumb.jpg.a443a4ef03a35c92fc78aac525014abd.jpg

This is a really good example of what annoys me. In the SC one you can clearly notice that Lemos is in ideal position to deal with this but what he does after the cross comes in is that he starts walking wrong direction while the striker (who isn't a good penalty area player) makes really active movement to connect with the ball and scores with ease. Both the goalkeeper and Lemos are really poor in this example and both of them should be clearly better penalty area players than the striker Berisha. This is even more common with full backs who especially on FM 2017 regularly just walked away from the ball at far post to allow easy goals for wide players. 

And all this is not said so that I think that the engine is poor or anything. I haven't clocked enough hours to totally judge it but the early signs for me are that it is of course better than the engine was in FM 2017, just with wide players shifting to middle guarantees it. But in general I don't see the ME being able to take steps forward if they do not make defensive positioning more realistic and teams defend as a team.

Because it's all scripted . 3D is just a showpiece 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

Reinstalled fm 17 after refunding 18, 4.5 stars with 24,000+ database, on 18, english leagues down to league 1 small database is 2.5 stars for and plays dreadful yet the game is supposed to have the same minimum specs.3B645A27-3F98-438D-9F90-C3ED699A8DF7.thumb.jpeg.ec04b31f659404e2eb03cb707e0c36f0.jpeg

Fm18 doesnt have the same mininum specs as fm17. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, prot651 said:

Because it's all scripted . 3D is just a showpiece 

 

Whoever upvoted this doesn't have a clue how the game works and will never get an understanding of his results.

 

@ElPayaso Your assessment about wide players is sweet Blur music in my ears -- probably a bad sign for last year's favourite narrow "exploit" tactics though (shall see).

Edited by Svenc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Has anyone from SI commented on the adverts in 2D? Can they be turned off?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

 

Ok fair enough. It's not a bug though. If every query we have has to be raised in the bugs forum, what's the point of this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tiger666 said:

Ok fair enough. It's not a bug though. If every query we have has to be raised in the bugs forum, what's the point of this thread?

The answer to your query is NO. They cannot be turned off.

If you report this, it can get looked at and a change considered. That's the gist of the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Just wanted to say I am enjoying FM18 so far. Just going to run down a few things so far with the Beta, all my own opinion.

The UI, while not perfect, is a step in the right direction. Noticed an increase of unnecessary clicks added to some areas like team talks and the match screens.

Dynamics & Managerial Relationships - My favourite of the new features. These are really useful for a lot of things. Even squad selection. I've found players that like you seem perform better.

The Match Engine so far is good, only experienced minimal bugs / errors. Really feels like an actual football match this year. Especially with the ability to adjust the Camera positioning

Graphics - Nice

Speed - A bit slower, but it's still Beta and I'm not rushing anyway :lol:

Some of the other new features I have not really interacted with yet but so far so good for me. Overall I feel some of the negativity has been a reaction to change. Like when Facebook changes its UI everyone seems to go mental saying they'll never use it again and the old one is better, yet they still remain :idiot:

So far from the Beta, just looking for a reduction in UI clicks to help the flow a bit. That's the only niggle I can find. Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologise if this has already been answered, but in previous FMs i utilised "split view" on match days. would have match stats on one side and match overview on the other. I cant seem to simplify the match screen in between highlights. it seems very busy and some windows seemed locked in position. Has the split view feature simply been replaced or am i missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Tiger666 said:

Ok fair enough. It's not a bug though. If every query we have has to be raised in the bugs forum, what's the point of this thread?

I'm sure this is a question many people working at SI are asking themselves right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that partnership thing that's been introduced in the tactics when players play together for some time. 

Wingers and Fullbacks

Midfield pair

CB pair

Attacking mid with Striker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the new additions, the game feels deeper and more challenging. I struggle to play because of crashes though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, yerug said:

I like the new additions, the game feels deeper and more challenging. I struggle to play because of crashes though. 

You should report frequent crashes in the crashes and technical issues section of the forum. They shouldn't be happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...