Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

Message added by Neil Brock

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Exius said:

As well as Neuer... But still this is not a tandency or a rule... 2.5 injuries per player is way too much.

See how it goes, I guess. Not every injury will keep a player out of a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Neil Dejyothin said:

Thanks for your feedback.

We're still adjusting the lighting for the pitches and these are already improved internally.

Please log any issues regarding Highlights over in the bugs forum.

Regarding stadiums, we do not have the license to make stadiums appear like they do in real life. What we have is a broad set of assets that we have to generically distribute across all of the teams, which is the same as previous versions except we had less variety in the style and designs.

In the future, we will likely expand on the new set that has been created for further variation.

Thankyou for your reply much appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 91427 said:

Are shadow strikers working properly for anyone else?

What aren't they doing "properly"? What do you expect from them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There is on my game. It's maybe a resolution thing meaning that column isn't visible for you. 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RTHerringbone said:

What aren't they doing "properly"? What do you expect from them?

They don't seem to get forward enough for me. They sort of play like an AM or AP in terms of positioning. Was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Exius said:

But my main concern are injuries, As I saw in one of the loading hints there will be 2.5 injuries per player and around 70 for a team in total in a season...:eek: Isn't it too much?:eek:  I played the first friendly against B Team and got Iniesta and Messi injured... Iniesta - broken leg, out for 5 months, and Messi - nothing serious... That's a huge disappointment, I can't imagine B Team playing against Senior squad in such a hursh way IRL...:eek: Of course B players want to make it into the first team but not at the cost of breaking a leg of the team captain.

Not all of the projected injuries included in those quoted estimate figures are going to be significant injuries. The injury revamp this year has geared the injuries more towards the small knocks and bruises that tend to happen in real life, so you may have more players missing a few days of training during the week but still able to play on the weekend. Major injuries do obviously still happen occasionally and sometimes it can be just a case of bad luck. We do compare the spread of these various injury types to real life figures to get a good balance between injuries of different severity in the game. But as always, luck plays a big part in the injuries as well and it can vary from save to save in the game.

The perception of injuries in FM can be a bit lopsided when reading the forums, as people tend be more likely to post here when they have suffered too many injuries in their opinion but not many users would typically report it if their squad went relatively injury free for an extensive period, even if it was unrealistic compared to the expected reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 91427 said:

They don't seem to get forward enough for me. They sort of play like an AM or AP in terms of positioning. Was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue

Depends on the wider context of what else is going on in the system. They're obviously initially based from the AM line anyway, but you should still see them aggressively surge into the box if they have space and the ball is supplied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any way to remove the name/condition of a player on match day - just clutters everything.

I've unchecked the 'show player condition' box but it doesn't do anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, martplfc1 said:

Is there any way to remove the name/condition of a player on match day - just clutters everything.

I've unchecked the 'show player condition' box but it doesn't do anything.

This option isn't currently working in the beta, but will be in time for release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Exius said:

As well as Neuer... But still this is not a tandency or a rule... 2.5 injuries per player is way too much.

In your opinion, the problem is your opinion doesn't match real life facts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neil Dejyothin said:

This option isn't currently working in the beta, but will be in time for release.

Thanks. Quite annoying when watching from afar as when you get a few players together you literally can't see a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those worried about seeing the ball I wouldn't worry, someone will release a ball mod eventually. Seem to remember downloading one a couple of years or so a go so you could see it properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Na, it just takes you to the player list. In previous versions, you had the option of a quick sub, or if you wanted a more indepth change there was a link back to the main tactics screen. Now it seems to be quick sub or the horizintal view/list view. For example, with the new analysis stuff on the tactics screen, I want to know if changes in player position I make during a game are leaving any areas exposed, The horizontal pitch view doesn't show this. 

If you click on the word tactics on the right hand side of the screen above your formation information whilst on the horizontal screen it should take you to the screen you're after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you go to the actual tactics screen during a match? Can't get used to that horizontal layout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else play commentary only?

How are you finding it, are you able to make it go fast at all? I mean the text flies for me, but time is dragging and im looking at 7 minutes per match which is silly.

Also, views, anyone else turn off the 3D graphics in preferences, yet still see the stadium in the match screen and then if they click on tactics during the game, get a 3D pitch with men running around in the background?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Philip Rolfe said:

The manual will be available for the launch of the full game, as it always is. It's never been released in conjunction with the pre-release beta.

My fault. Thank you for the answer 🙂

Is there a possibility that i can save my filters in the scouting menues (ability, potential, ...)?

Edited by Conardo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Riz Remes said:

Not all of the projected injuries included in those quoted estimate figures are going to be significant injuries. The injury revamp this year has geared the injuries more towards the small knocks and bruises that tend to happen in real life, so you may have more players missing a few days of training during the week but still able to play on the weekend. Major injuries do obviously still happen occasionally and sometimes it can be just a case of bad luck. We do compare the spread of these various injury types to real life figures to get a good balance between injuries of different severity in the game. But as always, luck plays a big part in the injuries as well and it can vary from save to save in the game.

The perception of injuries in FM can be a bit lopsided when reading the forums, as people tend be more likely to post here when they have suffered too many injuries in their opinion but not many users would typically report it if their squad went relatively injury free for an extensive period, even if it was unrealistic compared to the expected reality.

Thanks for the reply! Well, more knocks and bruises - that should be great! Glad to hear thet you try to make it close to real life figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

Those worried about seeing the ball I wouldn't worry, someone will release a ball mod eventually. Seem to remember downloading one a couple of years or so a go so you could see it properly

But we pay SI to make the ball visible. Kind of spoils the purpose of having SI if they leave it to the players to finish the game. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it still possible to show all player names during a 3D match or is that tiny little detail gone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont think Deandre Yedlin (newcastle united) should be on the transfer list ? hes our main right back and this season hes been solid, his stats dont reflect it either but that ok hes young and improving.

also Ganso (22mil release clause) is on the transfer list for 7mil, is this legit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Kenney said:

On the Player Search page there is now a New Search or Edit Search option in the top right hand corner. From there you can filter the players how you have described above. 

General and Short Term focuses are available to the user when they do not have the Scouting Responsibility to themselves. This is designed to enable the user to still have some control of the type of players the clubs scouts will be  looking for. The General Focus will give the scouting team a basic outline of what type of players the user is interested in without specifying a position. So the user could be looking for physical players, in their peak years. The user will then be able to select if these players fall within or without the clubs budget constraints by selecting the options in the Availability drop down. 

Short Term Focus is especially handy when you are in urgent need of a player. For example, two weeks left of the transfer window and both your LB's are out for the season. The Short Term Focus will allow the user to ask his scouts to specifically look for a LB and can also specify roles, age range, CA/PA range and duration up to 1 month. Once the short term focus has been created all scouts will be put on to that assignment in order to find the type of player the user is after as quickly as possible. The user is able to create multiple short term focuses at the same time which would be spread out evenly amongst the scouting team. 

The players displayed on the player search will now increase/decrease depending on the packages the user has and will also be influenced by the players known to the club staff. The Scouting Package will increase the number of players the user can see within the player search. Will also increase knowledge levels of players who fall within that scouting package. Purchasing the European scouting package for example will display more players that are based in Europe.

If you do not have the Scouting Responsibility you can still filter players via New Search or Edit Search button in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you want to create your own scouting assignments then you will need to give the responsibility to yourself. 

Cheers,

Ben

Thank you so much! :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

time added on at the end seems unreal. no injuries or sending offs and 6 minutes of inj time ?? obv they scored right at the end of the 6 minutes.

also players seem to be ignoring players that are in acres of space when on the overlap they are passing inside instead of the obv pass to the wing back or winger 

strikers always seem to get a rubbish rating and dont seem to do much to create a bit of space for themselves. not seen a through ball yet either on the floor or chipped over the defence.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben Kenney said:

On the Player Search page there is now a New Search or Edit Search option in the top right hand corner. From there you can filter the players how you have described above. 

General and Short Term focuses are available to the user when they do not have the Scouting Responsibility to themselves. This is designed to enable the user to still have some control of the type of players the clubs scouts will be  looking for. The General Focus will give the scouting team a basic outline of what type of players the user is interested in without specifying a position. So the user could be looking for physical players, in their peak years. The user will then be able to select if these players fall within or without the clubs budget constraints by selecting the options in the Availability drop down. 

Short Term Focus is especially handy when you are in urgent need of a player. For example, two weeks left of the transfer window and both your LB's are out for the season. The Short Term Focus will allow the user to ask his scouts to specifically look for a LB and can also specify roles, age range, CA/PA range and duration up to 1 month. Once the short term focus has been created all scouts will be put on to that assignment in order to find the type of player the user is after as quickly as possible. The user is able to create multiple short term focuses at the same time which would be spread out evenly amongst the scouting team. 

The players displayed on the player search will now increase/decrease depending on the packages the user has and will also be influenced by the players known to the club staff. The Scouting Package will increase the number of players the user can see within the player search. Will also increase knowledge levels of players who fall within that scouting package. Purchasing the European scouting package for example will display more players that are based in Europe.

If you do not have the Scouting Responsibility you can still filter players via New Search or Edit Search button in the top right hand corner of the screen. If you want to create your own scouting assignments then you will need to give the responsibility to yourself. 

Cheers,

Ben

Thank you so much! :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Domathon said:

i dont think Deandre Yedlin (newcastle united) should be on the transfer list ? hes our main right back and this season hes been solid, his stats dont reflect it either but that ok hes young and improving.

also Ganso (22mil release clause) is on the transfer list for 7mil, is this legit? 

i flagged the transfer stuff last night they said its a known issue and has been flagged in the bugs sect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Domathon said:

i dont think Deandre Yedlin (newcastle united) should be on the transfer list ? hes our main right back and this season hes been solid, his stats dont reflect it either but that ok hes young and improving.

also Ganso (22mil release clause) is on the transfer list for 7mil, is this legit? 

Yedlin suffers by the fact he's so quick that it eats up a chunk of his CA/PA, so his overall attributes look a bit lower than they'd otherwise be. May be worth raising the fact he's listed in the data thread within the bugs forum for Newcastle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are club icons working for anyone else?

Can't seem to get mine to work. Faces and Kits working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Seqw said:

But we pay SI to make the ball visible. Kind of spoils the purpose of having SI if they leave it to the players to finish the game. :lol:

SI don't come and demand the money out of your wallet. Try the demo before committing if you feel you really need to be that concerned about £30 for a game you're likely to play hours and hours on. Plus of course it's a Beta now anyway, we're glorified testers to find these problems.

Compared to years gone by especially 5+ years a go this game is not really buggy at all. I remember games being virtually unplayable out of the box once. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris21 said:

SI don't come and demand the money out of your wallet. Try the demo before committing if you feel you really need to be that concerned about £30 for a game you're likely to play hours and hours on. Plus of course it's a Beta now anyway, we're glorified testers to find these problems.

Compared to years gone by especially 5+ years a go this game is not really buggy at all. I remember games being virtually unplayable out of the box once. 

agree here, the 17 and this one are so much more playable in beta than before. accept there are gonna be some glitches and get them reported, dont moan about them. come in here discuss the glitches in a nice way and then get them reported if need be. gotta be said game seems sound so far to me, a few iffy bits but all in all well worth the money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

SI don't come and demand the money out of your wallet. Try the demo before committing if you feel you really need to be that concerned about £30 for a game you're likely to play hours and hours on. Plus of course it's a Beta now anyway, we're glorified testers to find these problems.

Compared to years gone by especially 5+ years a go this game is not really buggy at all. I remember games being virtually unplayable out of the box once. 

Jesus man. Try to relax a bit?

And I do know that the games were way more buggy in the past (I've been playing FM's since can't remember) but still it's a valid point that it's essentially SI's job to make the ball visible. I don't understand why you'd take that comment as an attack towards you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seqw said:

Jesus man. Try to relax a bit?

And I do know that the games were way more buggy in the past (I've been playing FM's since can't remember) but still it's a valid point that it's essentially SI's job to make the ball visible. I don't understand why you'd take that comment as an attack towards you.

I'm Miles' half brother that he doesn't like to talk about. I'll do anything to protect him dammit!!!

Joking of course. Apologies, didn't mean to come across like I reacted badly. Let's just hope SI fix the ball before the game is released, maybe a hotfix or something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watched a few hours of streaming yesterday to see how ME wors.

- Defending too wide "bug" appears to still be present and, at times, it looks horrendous. 4-4-2 is particularly prone to 3 men opposition midfields when the ball is in the central corridor.

- Not sure if it was TI/PI's but it appears as there is a lot more of pressing going on. Especially CB's seem keen to leave the back line to close down. This is a welcome addition. However, as they push up to close gaps (that are there because wide players stand too wide during the defensive phase), it only opens another gap behind their back. 4-3-1-2 seems like obvious exploit tactic for FM18.

- the good part is that players cover more actively in new ME. This is particularly evident when defending wide areas. When full back/or CM moves to close down, a player will look to drop back and cover filling in his position. Thumbs up for that.

Although i watched only a few hours of stream, and the majority was a guy talking and going through screens, my insight in ME is really poor and possibly off. Nevertheless, there were numerous very concerning moves that all involved lack of defensive effort from wide players. Too many times this allowed the opposition to either pass, or simply run through the defence (FIFA style) to get a shot on goal way too easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really hope the skin is changed back to past FM styles. looks so tacky, especially the unnecessary capital letters at the headers of pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Match Engine - mine is moving at the correct speed but is quite flickery. My laptop is only 18 months old and powerful and I got 5* 3D graphics capability...

Anyone else having same problem or is it my laptop?

Edited by luke4387

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played for about an hour last night and here are my thoughts:

Dynamics and medical centre look promising and will be really interested in how these features play out as a save progresses.

Perhaps it's because I'm new to the UI, but it appears that information that was one or two clicks away, now appears to be 3 or 4 clicks away. Initial impressions are that this is less intuitive and a step backwards.

I like the tactics analysis view and how the pitch is divided into grids to demonstrate strengths / weaknesses.

Not got my head around player search or scouting yet so I'll reserve judgement, although I struggled to set even the most basic search parameters.

Pre-match tactical briefings made me laugh out loud. All players were totally disinterested in what I said, regardless of what is was (even though I set myself 20 motivating and an ex-international)

What's with the atmosphere falling flat in the dressing room as soon as I walk in? Did I fling a cup of wee at them in training?

Removing very popular camera angles is a poor design decision. I now have to mess around with zoom and height to replicate something that used to take a single click (see above point).

Player animations have really improved, and I would praise the overall match footage..... BUT I CAN'T SEE THE BALL (see how annoying capital letters are SI?)

I also do not understand who thought the grey bubble containing the on pitch player names was ever a good idea. They obscure everything, especially when players are clustered together. I have faith you will be able to turn these off for the full release.

The game has bags of potential, but continues to be hampered by poor design decisions. The FM17 UI was absolutely fine as it was. Seems a choice was taken to make the game feel new, so to justify price tag? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying FM18 so far.

 

One comment.. The grass is a very bright green... Can hardly see the ball when zoomed out.

Also, with the new graphics engine is there any chance we will get conditions of the pitches varying with weather?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

played for a few hours last night but only one actual match..

spent far too much time looking at all the new screens, in particular i love the medical centre and the tactics analyser thing that highlights weak points.

also noticed that there is a new coaching stat for GK coaches to worry about in the future!  Scouting will also be 'interesting' when dropping down to lower leagues, but obviously much more realistic.

The one match i did actually play was really slick, i have a GTX 960M and turned everything to the highest setting and there wasn't any stuttering or jerky animations.

Had a couple of issues already mentioned in bugs forum, the pop up for players not displaying the contents on first click/hover.

all in all very nice looking for a BETA version

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get why some people are moaning over bugs and various issues. It's a beta. Game isn't finished. There's an entire forum section dedicated to bug reporting, why would you post any in this thread?!

Game looks alright, although I'll wait for the demo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CelticCelticCeltic said:

Cant beleive ive sat through 5 press conferences and yet to see a new question. 

 

If they care that litle about that part of the game, why leave it in?

Repetitive dialogue (including press conferences, player interactions, team talks) is one of the single biggest annoyances of the franchise. The user base must accept this will never change as it is clearly not seen as a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player names on 3d is now very irritating with that little box around them, Plain text of the name was great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First impressions from me are very positive. I won my first game 6-1 so clearly the new ME is the best yet.

Really like the work that has gone into the new graphics engine for matches. So much better to watch, and I was happy before...

Love how everyone used to complain about the number of news items from Scout reports, and now are complaining that there's not enough news items from Scout Reports. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manging as Newcastle from day the board status  : Mike Ashely is willing to listen to offer for the club, good work SI

44 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

i flagged the transfer stuff last night they said its a known issue and has been flagged in the bugs sect

what do you mean by transfer stuff? ( i dont wanna get players who shouldnt want to join me, ganso wouldnt come to newcastle anyway when i bid the 7mil hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have played 4-5 hours just pre-season but am beginning to wonder if I've got £38 worth of 'improvements'. I get all the stats of pence per hour entertainment and FM is great value for money on that score, but....

For the first time I am thinking of following my own advice to say paying £38 per year is worth it. Every other year might be the way to go for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far only played 95 minutes, enough to play first match. Very positive first impressions. I'm playing with Portuguese language and find some translations missing, but I don't report on bugs forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, luke4387 said:

Match Engine - mine is moving at the correct speed but is quite flickery. My laptop is only 18 months old and powerful and I got 5* 3D graphics capability...

Anyone else having same problem or is it my laptop?

Can someone tell me if this is an issue with my laptop (it's a quad core i7 with a top Nvidia graphics card) or is it because the game is still beta?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...