Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, d879moore said:

Can someone help? Is there any reason why after signing a new contract in October for Southampton the same player would suddenly become unregistered from my Premier League Squad?

Year is 2019 and the player is Dutch. Not sure if it's some crazy Brexit thing or a bug.

Any advice would be awesome.

Thanks

Bug, report it in the bugs forum.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

Its concerning when you note respected posters like cougar & Dag Dave sharing the above feedback as their on the ball with FM.

Have to say, this is the most critical I've been of any FM at this stage on here. I'm enjoying the game, but there's so many little things that have been either taken away or hidden behind several clicks. Maybe with all the new features - of which there have been more than usual this year - they've taken their eye off the ball of the little things that make FM great. 

There are still some really annoying and quite basic issues that started in FM16 and have not been fixed.

1. English Premier League fixtures - most teams are playing 4 consecutive home or away games in December. Seems small but 4 consecutive away games can mess up a season. It's also simply not realistic and not an issue that should be in a supposed simulation. Even if licensing prevents using the real fixtures it is really not difficult to have a correct schedule of home and away games. This is absolute basic stuff and affects some other leagues too.

2. There are about twice as many offsides as there should be. Players with the likes to beat offside trap trait can be caught offside 7 or 8 times in one game. And then you compound it by making us watch every single one on comprehensive highlights to the point where more than half of the highlights in some games are offsides.

3. The number of crosses aimed at the goal that the keeper ends up saving (or end up in the net) is silly. Inaccurate crosses should be overhit more or be defended by the first defender much more regularly than they are now, not hit straight at goal.

4.  Support duty strikers should be dropping deeper when defending. I don't need them on the edge of my own box like some people would have, but they at least need to be deeper than attack duty strikers. It also affects transitions in to attack because they are often too high up the pitch to receive the ball. They used to drop much deeper on FM15 and earlier but for some reason this was changed.

I don't expect any of these things to change by the release of the game or even by FM19 because they've been this way for 3 versions of the game now and I can only assume are intended to be like this. Speaks volumes of how badly the game has lost it's way in the last few years.

Please please please:

1) give us back the option to have ALL THE PLAYERS' NAMES ON THE PITCH IN THE 3d MATCH

2) the rolling calendar on the top right, when you press 'continue', is completely blank

3) please give us bakc the 'i' icon in the opposing team instructions, it's impossible to click on every opponent to check their stats and values

4 minutes ago, Ventricity said:

Why do players with rotation squad status complain about playing time when they get to start every third game or more?

Could be they think they are better than rotation status.

Could be one in three matches is borderline for rotation status.

Could be low level of discipline in your manager profile meaning players complain more.

Could be that the player has a poor personality which leads him to complain more.

Could be the player is highly ambitious which leads to him demanding more time.

etc, etc.

I know that players in better leagues have higher value, but the EPL and Primera values are just ridiculous.
I've knocked out Atletico and Arsenal from CL and their players have some ridiculous values.
For example Vitolo at 62mil€, Wellback 53mil€ with all of the key players being above 50mil€.

While my most expensive player, Icardi is valued at 39mil€ while being leading Serie A and Champions League scorer.

3 hours ago, pizzachips said:

Its concerning when you note respected posters like cougar & Dag Dave sharing the above feedback as their on the ball with FM.

Couldn't agree more, when people like Cougar are talking about not bothering with FM18 then the game has got problems

24 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Couldn't agree more, when people like Cougar are talking about not bothering with FM18 then the game has got problems

Interestingly, I know from previous history, if they had said they liked it, their views would have been dismissed. Some people are gonna like it, some are gonna hate. And every feeling in between. 

Just finished my first season, must say I'm kinda dissapointed how 3/4 of the goals you conceive are still goals coming forward through crosses, which apparently happen in any possible defensive setup. 

• Administrators
Just now, GunmaN1905 said:

I suddenly get a message that my whole squad is unhappy because I haven't offered a new contract to a player.
And he never asked me to do so.

I'd pay extra money if we were able to turn off the players acting like a bunch of teenage girls feature.

Please raise it in the dynamics section of the bugs forums and we'll take a look. This may be an issue we've reviewed already for 18.0.3. 

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I suddenly get a message that my whole squad is unhappy because I haven't offered a new contract to a player.
And he never asked me to do so.

Did you go on holiday? If so, you may have missed the interaction. The whole squad being unhappy at you not giving a contract to someone who hasn't asked for one surely wouldn't happen, given the whole thing is an algorithm. 

Game feels very broken at the minute and quite unplayable, will lay off it until it gets fully released. Fingers crossed issues will be resolved, also I'm not to keen on lots of changes that have been brought in this year eg different 2d classic and  lots of dynamics issues to name a couple.

So what happened was I had selected all the items from the submenu and it appears something was resized when I left. I didn't notice the rest of the items were still present if I scrolled horizontally. I noticed on the Tactics page something quirky was going on as well, whether inclusions not being kept or some sort of resizing.

1 minute ago, toffeemax said:

Game feels very broken at the minute and quite unplayable, will lay off it until it gets fully released. Fingers crossed issues will be resolved, also I'm not to keen on lots of changes that have been brought in this year eg different 2d classic and  lots of dynamics issues to name a couple.

Where does the game feel "very broken" and quite "unplayable" ? 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, toffeemax said:

We've literally just released an update, so may be worth checking that to see if your 'unplayable' issues have been addressed. Thanks. 

Spurs have become Everton in my first save. Currently at the end of November and they won their first 3 games in the league, but then failed to get a win in their next 11 and sit 1 point above relegation. They are already out of the Champion's League and League Cup. They sacked Pochettino at the end of October and appointed Luis Enrique, but he just seems to be a draw machine for them and hasn't taken them forward yet. Harry Kane only has 6 goals in 20 appearances.

Just now, haffaz77 said:

Where does the game feel "very broken" and quite "unplayable" ? 

players being angered about a fringe player being sold, players getting upset at the sale of a player despite him not being sold. I've raised those two issues in the relevant places. Just my thoughts, I'm yet to download the most recent update though.

Question ... Is it a known issue that Teams with 3 defenders  (back three) are rocking the leagues ? In Germany  Bremen for example . I've tested it in 5 saves .. in every Save Top 3  in the League  .  (Full Detail level of course) The Match Engine seems to be in love with back three tactics ...

5 hours ago, Seb Wassell said:

This is a known issue. It would be worth posting example PKMs in the ME forum please so that we can further investigate.

This is a known issue as long as I remember myself playing football manager...It is sad that after so many years SI team isn't capable of fixing this...

Edited by Alekos

On the squad screen the Physical Condition / Match Sharpness column has had the font size reduced for some obscure reason. Some of us are not as young as we used to be and need glasses... could do with it putting back as it was please :)

Thanks

Match stats widget during match is no longer that garish box, which is nice. The yellow card count during a match seems to be fixed too. Also, when my own team makes a sub, the details are displayed in the top info bar rather than it only being the opposition subs announced. 

On the tactics screen, the match condition/sharpness numbers have been reduced and it's hard to make them out now, presumably this was done to help those with different resolutions see that info at all. 

Only game I've played since update was a 0-0 draw, so no idea if you now get the info on the amount of season goals the player is on when he scores now. 

Is the ball change thingy only available on 3D? 

44 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Vertical lines on the 2D pitch display! Pitch markings are still light blue instead of white, but it's a start. 

Change notes say you can change the ball visibility and even the ball itself, where is this option? 

Random question. Is your mouse light blue Too? 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Do you mean the cursor on the screen, or my actual mouse? 

Cursor on the screen is white, my actual mouse is, er, red. 

Yeah the cursor, sorry. On my PC white things show as light blue when I have the night mode active, including the mouse cursor. Was just wondering if it was that. 

Had a message in-game to notify me that the 2022 World Cup has been moved from Qatar to Australia, due to protests from clubs.

Does this appear in every game?

If so, I really think this is unlikely to happen now. Maybe a year or two ago it was possible, but they seem to committed now to change the host.

1 minute ago, McClane29 said:

Had a message in-game to notify me that the 2022 World Cup has been moved from Qatar to Australia, due to protests from clubs.

If so, I really think this is unlikely to happen now. Maybe a year or two ago it was possible, but they seem to committed now to change the host.

2022 World Cup has been moved from Qatar to Argentina in my game

9 minutes ago, McClane29 said:

Yes, I think it has been in since FM16. It's currently unknown how the national leagues of 2021/22 and 2022/23 are exactly going to work now as this WC is going to take place in the winter, so that's why SI used this workaround.

And what @Dagenham_Dave said too.

Edited by Zek

I think there is even more lag in the UI after the update. Making tactics changes during the game, moving between stats screens is slow - there is distinct hang-up moment. Same with checking profile of scouted players. And that's just after 15mins with new update. This UI continues to be the worst in the history of this series. What a joke.

1 minute ago, mandella said:

I think there is even more lag in the UI after the update. Making tactics changes during the game, moving between stats screens is slow - there is distinct hang-up moment. Same with checking profile of scouted players. And that's just after 15mins with new update. This UI continues to be the worst in the history of this series. What a joke.

Weird, as any lag I used to have is completely gone since the update, it's running much smoother for me. Try clearing the cache and reloading the skin, to see if that helps. I did that as soon as I loaded it up after the update and it's been fine.