Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

1 minute ago, MoxeysTheName said:

Doesn't really say anything about why it was introduced and is disrespectful to non twitter users.

Why bring attention to the sexuality of gay players and make it seem odd? If the news is released via the ingame social why don't you also hear snippets about the lives of your straight players? If it was done in this way it would less like "Buy your tickets here!! Buy your tickets here, come and see gay man play" and more normal, something you would just hear in passing

If a gay footballer came out right now it would seem odd (and extremely newsworthy), and there lies the problem. If football could get to a point where footballers could feel comfortable coming out, then it would cease to be news. This just reflects where the culture of football is at the moment.

I hope that in a few years time footballers being openly gay is so run of the mill that SI feel the need to remove it as a newsworthy item (just like footballers being straight is, hence the fact that you don't get news items about that which you're so desperate for).

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, KUBI said:

The relevant tweets from Miles where also posted here. There is also coverage in news paper in which Miles explain, why this feature is part of FM 2018.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/football-manager-2018-has-event-fictitious-players-come-gay/

Thanks for the link but if I'm directed to links what is the point of this forum? Is it not a sign of contempt that the issue is being addressed by SI via news outlets rather than this forum

1 minute ago, Pompey1978 said:

That's a very similar response to people who want an International Men's Day or a #whitelivesmatter campaign or whatever.

The purpose of this tiny feature is, I believe, an attempt to normalise being gay within the football industry. And, as I said on Twitter the other day, if this feature helps just one gay footballer feel he can be himself and not worry about repercussions to his career by coming out, then this feature will have served an incredibly important purpose.

I'm really not sure what your problem is with it. 

They'd feel more comfortable if it was treated as everyday news and you heard about in the same way you would if it was news about a straight player's life

2 minutes ago, MoxeysTheName said:

Thanks for the link but if I'm directed to links what is the point of this forum? Is it not a sign of contempt that the issue is being addressed by SI via news outlets rather than this forum

I don't see any issue that should be addressed. It's a small feature in the new game that has only  some impact to merchandise, nothing else. 

1 minute ago, MoxeysTheName said:

They'd feel more comfortable if it was treated as everyday news and you heard about in the same way you would if it was news about a straight player's life

There is a feature request forum, if you think they should add news about the private life of players.

6 minutes ago, That There Phil said:

If a gay footballer came out right now it would seem odd (and extremely newsworthy), and there lies the problem. If football could get to a point where footballers could feel comfortable coming out, then it would cease to be news. This just reflects where the culture of football is at the moment.

I hope that in a few years time footballers being openly gay is so run of the mill that SI feel the need to remove it as a newsworthy item (just like footballers being straight is, hence the fact that you don't get news items about that which you're so desperate for).

If they really want to confront prejudices and make people think differently then they could let it have an effect on Dynamics.

These responses just show that I'm right in saying that SI and/or Miles should have raised this publicly, and officially, on the forums. This would have a much more effect than some tawdry easter egg. I couldn't care less if a player sleeps with men, women or both and I think that this news of a player's sexuality is made to seem a bigger deal than it should when you don't hear about the lives of your straight players

11 minutes ago, scholesvolley said:

Something like price, wages and potential. 

Wage demands I agree with. That can be discovered after a quick call with an agent in real life so this should be available quickly in the game. Price is fairly similar but you could enquire about a player and get a reply the same day.

I strongly disagree with potential. To get a report on a player who your scouts have never watched before telling you how good he could be seems very far fetched

I'm certainly not comfortable with clumsy "awareness raising" being shoehorned into a football management simulator tbh, however noble that particular issue might be; but so long as it doesn't "break" the game, and doesn't involve the manager picture being obscured with a ginger moustache throughout November, I'm sure we can all cope with it.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Any detailed info on FFP  rules?
After my first season, Milan finished 5th, but got banned from EL because of failing to comply with financial restrictions.

There should be details regarding the FFP status of the club under the 'Finances' page.

45 minutes ago, corn_onthecurb said:

What do you think should be included in a quick report?

Nothing more than you'd actually se without scouting matches anyway. So, kind of what the game already does in term of revealing attributes as they are scouted.

26 minutes ago, penza said:

how to instruct to shoot only direct free kicks and not mixed as right not mixed is the only option?

I think because it's Direct, the mixed is basically, direct. Probably should be greyed out as the drop down is confusing.

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, LCpl said:

I think because it's Direct, the mixed is basically, direct. Probably should be greyed out as the drop down is confusing.

Can you log this as a Bug in the UI forums if you don't like this please :)

If you read the description when you select the "Free Kick Taker" it will give you a clear understanding of what "Mixed" means in this context.

41 minutes ago, penza said:

how to instruct to shoot only direct free kicks and not mixed as right not mixed is the only option?

Cheers,

Nic

Looking at the tables of top leagues after finishing my first season, it looks to me like it's way harder for teams to dominate compared to previous games.

Arsenal won EPL with 76! points.
Barcelona had 85.
PSG 89.
Bayern 77 in 34 games.
Juventus 89.

That seems way too low compared to actual standings over the past few seasons.

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, waraka14 said:

This game is extremely buggy. I know it's a beta, but betas are supposed to be stable. This game is anything but stable. No idea how you can close a version with that many bugs in it... btw i played the last 19 versions of this game....

If you have examples of these bugs you could please head over here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/ - and post in the appropriate section. The only way to ensure your issues get the attention they may need is to report them to us.

2 hours ago, MoxeysTheName said:

I just don't get why all this bothers you so much, you don't need a reply on the forum as the links to Miles's twitter explains it all, mountains and molehills come to mind.

The 4 biggest problem in the ME are:

1. Crossing is terrible. Defensively they’ve improved how they’re reacted to but now we have the problem of general crosses just not being good enough. Too many times do players cross the ball “luckily” and that just doesn’t happen in football - not if a player gets into space where they can carefully pick out a cross. 

2. Counter attacking seems to be very odd - you could have a 4 vs 2 or 3 vs 1 situation that just requires a switch of play from the player on the ball to exploit that numerical advantage but it doesn’t happen. Even the most talented players often make the wrong decisions and just try to continue to solo the attack and it ends up with long shots. 

3. Which brings me onto long shots. I feel like players are still too inclined in general to take a long shot when they have team mates in front of them whom they could pass to who would then be in a better position. 

4. Offsides are strange on the game. An offside trap is usually devised to compensate for a high line but even low blocks seem to be able to excecute it perfectly - we’re seeing way too many basic overlaps and through ball situations turn into offsides in my opinion. 

Edited by BlueAnderson
Spelling

2 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I've gone from feeling like a supply teacher to Jesus over the course of 1 season.

"A silence falls over the players, they look attentive & ready to listen......"

Damn right, when big Uwe walks into the room, you'd better pay attention :brock:

Love it!

Chorley_v_Stockport_Match_Team_Talk.png

Would be great if that background could be customized with a different one.

Not sure if this is a bug, so I'll post it here.

hr1aP1T.jpg

That's a free kick for the opposition:
My instructions are:
2 form the wall
1 stays forward
3 man mark (two central defenders and the defensive midfielder with good marking/heading attributes)
4 go back

3 players that are supposed to man mark are more or less doing so and that's fine.
But what the hell are these other 4 players doing?
Those two that are basically in each other at the near post?
One of them being the first man to clear the ball if the cross is short is fine.
But why 3 people there?
While there's 5v2 on the far post?
I don't want to put my fullbacks or the other midfielder on man mark duty because there's no option to mark tall player and it would probably cause mismatches because they're relatively bad in air.
There's also no option to put them on front/mid/far post like in corner routines.

Or it's fine that "go back" duty just makes them stand in random spots within the area.

24 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Not sure if this is a bug, so I'll post it here.

hr1aP1T.jpg

That's a free kick for the opposition:
My instructions are:
2 form the wall
1 stays forward
3 man mark (two central defenders and the defensive midfielder with good marking/heading attributes)
4 go back

3 players that are supposed to man mark are more or less doing so and that's fine.
But what the hell are these other 4 players doing?
Those two that are basically in each other at the near post?
One of them being the first man to clear the ball if the cross is short is fine.
But why 3 people there?
While there's 5v2 on the far post?
I don't want to put my fullbacks or the other midfielder on man mark duty because there's no option to mark tall player and it would probably cause mismatches because they're relatively bad in air.
There's also no option to put them on front/mid/far post like in corner routines.

Or it's fine that "go back" duty just makes them stand in random spots within the area.

Same issue for me

Is this a bug? or poor defensive set up

DEF_FREEKICK.png
image hosting

They scored twice by playing it short and overload that side. I have all defensive players set to man mark

I just want to say that i am very disappointed because SI again didn't show much interest for international management..Again no training (football without training is just rediculous) they didn't even add new features like Dynamics in international level.The only thing they add is the conversation with a player with dual nationality(Ask him play for your team or explanation why he choose different nation),tactic judgement in board confidence and scout as new staff member...We made much more suggestions in this forum.....I hope playing more after fm18 full release i will see more changes like (specific goals in quilifiers or more interest from media) but still i don't think they care too mach for it.........

6 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

I just want to say that i am very disappointed because SI again didn't show much interest for international management..Again no training (football without training is just rediculous) they didn't even add new features like Dynamics in international level.The only thing they add is the conversation with a player with dual nationality(Ask him play for your team or explanation why he choose different nation),tactic judgement in board confidence and scout as new staff member...We made much more suggestions in this forum.....I hope playing more after fm18 full release i will see more changes like (specific goals in quilifiers or more interest from media) but still i don't think they care too mach for it.........

Genuinely expected that Dynamics would be a big part of international management. Baffled.

10 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Genuinely expected that Dynamics would be a big part of international management. Baffled.

judging from the fact that you can't train your team,they didn't even see that with new scouting you can't find players who are out of national pool,they forget!!! to add medical center in national team senior squad and they add briefing in match screen but you can't make pre-match tactical briefing!!!THEY JUST DONT CARE..........

Edited by Sheriff7

17 hours ago, Per Annum said:

I'm up to 12 hours now but I'm not sure I've enjoyed any of it.

The UI is so poor, so many bad decisions. The matchday 'pop ups' are awful on the top bar. The top bar itself is poor, maybe its different on a laptop but sat at my PC I never look up there.

The finances screen is horrific.

The matchday screen at halftime and full time when the centre and right hand panels are there and the left hand panel has no box but says the competition name in small font.

The share to youtube button in the replays, in a box that floats on top of the replay.

The tiny little box for setting player search parameters, with all the information moved into sub-menus from where it was before.  The tiny box can't be moved or expanded from occupying the centre-right 1/8th of the screen at high resolutions. 

The fact that when you add attributes to a search the plus minus buttons are huge.

The fact the background blurs in staff search and you have to quit out of the search condition screen to see what staff have appeared.

The masses of empty space at 150% zoom at 4k, but 175% zoom makes everything massive and unwielding.

The fact every time a fan tweets about a match they have the same photo of the same ticket, twice in a row per match.

Pretty much everything is a UI regression from before - it's quite shockingly poor, even with 12 hours of trying to get used to it and adapt.

17 hours ago, Per Annum said:

Legacy UI nightmare from 17 that really should have been fixed by now. Take a player on trial and often this happens

33233.png

Have to scroll down to see 7th sub (other than squad number). Can't drag to that shirt unless scrolled down. 

Trying to be polite but I feel perfectly entitled to question if anyone ran the game in 4k before release (150% zoom).

Bug reported

33.png

1 hour ago, corn_onthecurb said:

Same issue for me

Is this a bug? or poor defensive set up

They scored twice by playing it short and overload that side. I have all defensive players set to man mark

So far, 11 games into the season, I've conceded 7 goals.

4 from wide free kicks like that (4 points lost)
1 from penalty
1 from a corner after 10 deflections in 97min
1 30sec goal after a 50m pass

I finally managed to get everything right and my team is playing great, but this stuff is game ruining.
Reminds me of the far post corner scoring from 3-4 years ago, where you could just basically exploit the game.

The penalties scoreline is not good. It's hard to keep track of the current score, and the crosses for missed penalties are the same colour as the ticks for scoring. As the scoreboard in the top left corner keeps the score from the match, why not have it show the current penalty score? The game was obviously a draw. Yet another example of something being changed and objectively made much worse. Last year's penalty scoreboard was perfect.

For balance, although I dislike seeing the same ticket tweeted by two different fans before each match, the picture used in tweet about new signings is very good and a perfect replica of IRL club twitters.

Surely SI can't keep this UI for the full game or is it? just look at the amount of people that are disappointed about your decision of altering and changing things that weren't broken and making us do extra clicks.

The wide midfielders defending and staying too wide is still not fixed.

Some screens take too long to load specially player profiles and when I click the FM settings.

Overall it is too buggy with broken UI in place. I have refunded the game for now and will just see and wait what FM 19 brings next year, (first time ever I did this - playing since FM 10)

18 hours ago, Per Annum said:

The tiny little box for setting player search parameters, with all the information moved into sub-menus from where it was before.  The tiny box can't be moved or expanded from occupying the centre-right 1/8th of the screen at high resolutions. 

I now see the bolded section can be fixed by selecting "advanced" rather than "quick". Apologies.

The size and location of the box still a problem.

I second U Rosler's view that dyanmics-related dressing room atmosphere messages before team talks are way too over the top. Mix between a terrible fantasy novel and a high school teen book. Not a serious fitba game.

3 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

I'm sure there is a simple answer but what do the different colours for the player name bars mean?

2.png

Team hierarchy. team leaders and influential players.