Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

I've only played 7-8 games so far so I'm not going to go into masses of detail but I think there are definitely issues with the match engine. Whilst it looks really good and has lots of potential, there are some very unnatural looking movements from players, especially goalkeepers. Not sure if this has been highlighted or reviewed but it certainly should be.

The interface is extremely slow at times. 

Also, I keep losing so something else must be broken :-)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Okay we've just released a hotfix to address a handful of the issues raised so far. Please bear in mind we're still in beta and we're aware there are other issues in need of addressing prior to full release. Thanks.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TheBigBoss said:

When watching on 3D all the players on the pitch are black shadows

Yeah that's not an issue we've addressed yet and isn't listed in the build notes. We'll look to address it as soon as we we're able to. Thanks. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, ChelseaSince86 said:

Going to the 'Home' section on the UI is now much better, player profiles though.. still lag

Yeah we're aware there's still a slight lag in a couple of areas and are still looking to improve it when we can. Thanks. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Yeah we're aware there's still a slight lag in a couple of areas and are still looking to improve it when we can. Thanks. 

Excellent, as you quoted me i was just typing to ask you if the calendar issue and player profile lag  (general UI lag) had been fixed with this update. thanks

Is the issue with the ball being hard to see being looked at Neil? Or even fixed with his hotfix?

It's currently for me the only issue I'm having that annoys me. When I say annoys me, bugs me a little.

Great work on getting an update so quick anyway, great service as always.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Chris21 said:

Is the issue with the ball being hard to see being looked at Neil? Or even fixed with his hotfix?

It's currently for me the only issue I'm having that annoys me. When I say annoys me, bugs me a little.

Great work on getting an update so quick anyway, great service as always.

I'd suggest if you've not already please do raise it in the match engine forums so the team can investigate. I honestly don't know the status of this one at the moment but sure the match team will respond when they can.

Thanks. 

On 10/29/2017 at 12:35, vikeologist said:

Nope. It's a real feature, though obviously not for real players. A pint to the first person who figures out how to change the code so a certain someone finally comes out of the closet. I wonder if sexuality is now a hidden attribute. 

I'm hoping this shows up in scout tools so we can have a new challenge of trying to win the Champions League with a team composed entirely of gay regens :)

If I remember correctly, I think Touch update is always a day or two later after the fat FM patch.

Anyway, the 2D already looks 80% better. We just need the banner ad to stop flashing or at least have an option for them not to flash.

Edited by vasilli07

22 hours ago, warlock said:

In the player search dialog box, the top-right option is 'contract status' - choose 'expired' or 'unattached' from the drop-down menu.

Thank you for the reply but it doesn't quite answer my question. Let me rephrase it:

In FM 18, how do we set a scouting assignment to find players who are free agents?

In FM 17, I would set the assignment to look for transfers for $0. However, it is my experience that this doesn't work in FM 18. The scout will only find players who are already at a club.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, corneille said:

People think this 2D update is better??? It looks like an arcade game now.... Maybe my eyes need to readjust

Why is the Goalkeeper so big? Why does everything look so condensed now? It's like there's no space on the pitch. 

I'll have to use 3D now. I was really enjoying the game till this

Just now, Ultimoroger said:

Thank you for the reply but it doesn't quite answer my question. Let me rephrase it:

In FM 18, how do we set a scouting assignment to find players who are free agents?

But why would you want to do that? All of the free agents that are known to your scouting team are instantly available, as mentioned. You can then winnow them down by whatever stats you want, and then scout the most interesting results.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see why you'd want to scout for free agents when you can just see them all immediately.

In any event, in the same player search dialog, from the drop-down menu, 'add condition' you can choose 'value' then £0 and find them that way. Note that, by default I think, the player search restricts the search to players interested in joining your club. Deselect that to find every free player.

Some impressions after playing roughly 10 hours:

Positive

• Dynamics + Medical centre
    • absolutely great additions; massively enhanced the immersion factor   
  •  User interface
    • generally the look + feel is nice
    • speed is good
  • more realistic ( scouting, level of information)

Negative

• Match day interface is very raw
    • difficult to use
    • buggy 

First I was so frustrated with the Match Day Interface that I thought to restart a FM 17 save.

Unfortunately Dynamics + Medical Centre are such massive additions that I quickly buried that plan :D

4 hours ago, Spurs08 said:

Joel Robles is driving me nutty.

He doesn't want to stay as a backup keeper. I tell him he can play the cup games (as he had been anyway), and that isn't good enough. So I say fine, you can leave.

Then he says he doesn't actually want to leave, but can I go out on loan? Well no, I'd rather not because then you'll walk on a free next summer.

Then he starts mouthing off in the media about how he actually does desperately want to leave and evil old me is stopping him. Fine, you're transfer listed, **** off. I accept an offer from Copenhagen at slightly over half his listed value.

He rejects it. :mad:

Haha, I offered him out to clubs in my first week at Everton and Marseille gave me £7.5mil. I was delighted

14 minutes ago, corneille said:

Why is the Goalkeeper so big? Why does everything look so condensed now? It's like there's no space on the pitch. 

I'll have to use 3D now. I was really enjoying the game till this

GKs seem normal to me, sounds more like you've encountered a bug if they're different sizes. If it's all the players, have you tried zooming out?

8 minutes ago, pablito15 said:

is there a way to sub off a player once you've already made three subs? there used to be...

I believe it's an option when there is an injured player. You can only take him off not sub.

12 minutes ago, pablito15 said:

is there a way to sub off a player once you've already made three subs? there used to be...

This depends on the league/competition. And I think most of those are only in extra time.

1 minute ago, scottnmcleod said:

Guys, if I pre-order today will I still get access to the Beta or am I too late for that? Also is there set date when the Beta closes?  Cheers.

I believe as long as you order it before the release, you get access to the beta. And the beta ends when the official game is released, I think.

9 minutes ago, VillaSmith said:

GKs seem normal to me, sounds more like you've encountered a bug if they're different sizes. If it's all the players, have you tried zooming out?

I was zoomed waaaay in. It does look slightly better now but i still prefer how it looked before. There's no enough space on the pitch since the update

can someone please advise on how to lose the pitch backround when I am using commentary only option during match day, on fm 17 and previous versions when I used commentary only it was a plain backround with player stats etc until I decided I wanted to view match goals or highlights.

With this pitch backround it makes inferior laptops work harder during a match due to graphics ect so hopefully I am missing this option but cant see it anywhere???

22 minutes ago, warlock said:

But why would you want to do that? All of the free agents that are known to your scouting team are instantly available, as mentioned. You can then winnow them down by whatever stats you want, and then scout the most interesting results.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see why you'd want to scout for free agents when you can just see them all immediately.

In any event, in the same player search dialog, from the drop-down menu, 'add condition' you can choose 'value' then £0 and find them that way. Note that, by default I think, the player search restricts the search to players interested in joining your club. Deselect that to find every free player.

Thanks again for the reply Warlock.

As to your question, I think there are a couple of reasons why someone would want to scout for free agents:

1. I think that people who like playing lower league management saves prefer not use the player search screen as it isn't realistic. Although I personally don't fall in to this category.

2. If someone plays with attribute masking, they won't be able to search by attributes.

3. I personally don't get much enjoyment out of searching for players. I know a lot of people do enjoy it, and that's fine, I would rather have my scouts recommend players and then I further analyze their suggestions and decide whether or not to sign them.

I play a National League club and I heavily rely on free agents. If my scouts will never recommend free agents on their scouting assignments, this will change how I'll have to play the game.

And just to be clear, I'm not complaining. I'd just like to confirm if what I'm asking is possible. If it isn't, that's fine, I'll change my style. I just want to make sure.

Again, thank you for your help, I do appreciate it.

I swear this game has a mind of it's own. 

Everything going fine, for some reason the calendar had fixed itself and the info was appearing again in the player pop up boxes. Add to that the update to improve 2D and it was all going swimmingly. 

All of a sudden the calendar and pop up boxes are back to being borked again, and now, the 2D pitch has BLUE lines! 

aIl3iVp.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I swear this game has a mind of it's own. 

Everything going fine, for some reason the calendar had fixed itself and the info was appearing again in the player pop up boxes. Add to that the update to improve 2D and it was all going swimmingly. 

All of a sudden the calendar and pop up boxes are back to being borked again, and now, the 2D pitch has BLUE lines! 

aIl3iVp.jpg

My calendar started playing up again after about a week to a fortnight in game.  Sadly, i dont think 18.0.2 addressed any lag, or UI issues.  Neil did point out to me though that theyre still fixing it.  Blue lines is just, eh?!

Edited by ChelseaSince86

18 minutes ago, Ultimoroger said:

Thanks again for the reply Warlock.

As to your question, I think there are a couple of reasons why someone would want to scout for free agents:

1. I think that people who like playing lower league management saves prefer not use the player search screen as it isn't realistic. Although I personally don't fall in to this category.

2. If someone plays with attribute masking, they won't be able to search by attributes.

3. I personally don't get much enjoyment out of searching for players. I know a lot of people do enjoy it, and that's fine, I would rather have my scouts recommend players and then I further analyze their suggestions and decide whether or not to sign them.

I play a National League club and I heavily rely on free agents. If my scouts will never recommend free agents on their scouting assignments, this will change how I'll have to play the game.

And just to be clear, I'm not complaining. I'd just like to confirm if what I'm asking is possible. If it isn't, that's fine, I'll change my style. I just want to make sure.

Again, thank you for your help, I do appreciate it.

Where did you get the idea scouts would never recommend unattached players. 

I'm in the lowest Swedish division with Boo  FK and although I've set staff to handle scout assignments I handle scout meetings and have had15-20 unattached players recommended. Based on the text most of these have been presented as the player getting in touch and then I send my scouts to review, and a few are from my scouts knowledge. 

I think it seems more realistic for lower levels than before (except for the fact I've been allowed to hire about 20 staff at amateur Swedish team). 

just off to bed but i just wana say im an original die hard fan from the very first one on the amiga and only ever play this game on the 2d view, never i said will i watch on 3d. but .........

i just switched over by accident to the analyst view and jesus christ cant believe how good it looks. si you have me sold on 3d from now. so congrats guys it looks like a massive step forward 

Edited by fm2020.smith