Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Administrators

As always we'd love to hear your thoughts and first impressions of the Football Manager 2018 Early Access Beta. 

Please do keep it constructive and remember if you find any bugs or known issues, please check our Build Notes thread and if they're not listed take the time to raise them in the Bugs Forum.

We really hope you enjoy the game and we look forward to hearing about your managerial careers in FM18! 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, can't wait to get into this...

Couple of things straight off the bat

- generated a manger pic etc but its not showing up in my home screen (just a blacked generic head)

- I changed the zoom option to 125 to see how it looked and then back to 100 - when I went back to 100 the whole interface had gone completely wrong and I had to force start the whole game and start again

Thats as far as I've got, now reloading

1 minute ago, seagull84 said:

also no retina display option this year? 

Writing looks very pixelated and nowhere near as smooth and high quality on Mac book pro as previous versions

From the build notes:

- Text on Retina Mac display not sharp

2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Fullscreen mode is now Borderless Windowed mode.

Ahh.. Ok, so Fullscreen will work as Borderless did before? So when I'm holidaying for a while it doesn't "pause" if I TAB out to look at sometime else?

Just now, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Should, though I don't know if it pauses or not. If it is pausing then best to log the issue in the bugs forum.

Cheers, I'll check and log it if it happens.

17 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

The scouting budget, how can i get that down to £0 and if I can, will that money be bumped into my transfer kitty?

I dont use scouts, never have or will, so its money up the spout for me.

If you go to scouting > players > you can change the scout packages to 'no package' which will cost you £0 per month.

4 minutes ago, fmFutbolManager said:

If you go to scouting > players > you can change the scout packages to 'no package' which will cost you £0 per month.

Cheers mate, nice one

EDIT - I cant find the option to change it to no package. There is a slider but its always enforcing a spend.

Edited by bestbrother

Just now, Domathon said:

disable player attribute masking, where can i edit this don't see it in preferences before i start a file?

It's done when setting up a new save game, down at the bottom with the other advanced settings. Though you might need to select the advanced setup instead of the quick one.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Domathon said:

disable player attribute masking, where can i edit this don't see it in preferences before i start a file?

It's in the Additional Options section at the bottom of the Advanced Setup screen, you have to expand it from a default collapsed state.

The UI feels a bit....slowish? Compared to FM17 (I played earlier today) and FM18 is not as responsive as FM17 when pressing buttons. It seems like it to me at least. I don't know if the specs are much higher than FM17 though...

Edit: Mostly the "Home"-button actually. Other things feel better. I'll report it if it continues, but just a minor feedback so far.

Edited by XaW