Sports Interactive Community
Woodg SI

[Portuguese] issues in Portuguese Translation

Please post all issues relating to this translation of FM 2018 in this topic.

Note that this version is a beta version so the translations are not quite complete so you may see text appearing in English still. There is no need to report these issues as all should be translated by release.

Please try to provide a screenshot in your post or to our FTP Site.

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

3 hours ago, apvmoreira said:

In the menu, it's not Medical Centre, but Centro Médico, if you want a simple translation.

Thanks but see the first post

"Note that this version is a beta version so the translations are not quite complete so you may see text appearing in English still. There is no need to report these issues as all should be translated by release."

In the Tecnical Team (Equipa Técnica), inside the Responsabilities (Responsabilidades)

the option of the assistant manager to "direct friendly games" (something like that) in portuguese should be something like "Dirige Jogos Amigáveis" or "Gere Jogos Amigáveis".

The current translation "Organiza Jogos Amigáveis" makes it seem like "Organize Friendly Games".

Later I will try to spot exactly where I saw it, but at some point, I think for the "You've done it", it's translate to "fizes-te". That's a really bad error. It should be "fizeste". I'm not sure that's the actual word, so later if I see it again, I will confirm it.

In the dinamycs window, some parts are in Portuguese other in English. In the medical center page the same thing, and the side bar is called medical center, not in portuguese.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Thanks @TiagoVieira but please read the opening post:

Note that this version is a beta version so the translations are not quite complete so you may see text appearing in English still. There is no need to report these issues as all should be translated by release.

26 minutes ago, Woodg SI said:

Thanks @TiagoVieira but please read the opening post:

Ok thx

Hope this year everyone delivered their work on time :D

See you next November 10 and congratulations to all SI staff and colaborators for another edition :applause:

Just to say that although the new player role Mezzala is translated, it has the same translation of the Wide Midfielder (in portuguese, both are "Médio Ala")

I don't know if this is a bug or if it was done on purpose, but it might get confusing. Different roles should have different translatations.

11 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Just to say that although the new player role Mezzala is translated, it has the same translation of the Wide Midfielder (in portuguese, both are "Médio Ala")

I don't know if this is a bug or if it was done on purpose, but it might get confusing. Different roles should have different translatations.

Fixed - thanks!

The word I talked in my previous post was "tratas-te", that appears after the pre game tactical briefing. In English I'm sure it is like: "You have handled the tactical briefing". In Portuguese it should be "trataste" and not "tratas-te".

Edited by shadster

On 25/10/2017 at 14:52, Woodg SI said:

Please post all issues relating to this translation of FM 2018 in this topic.

Please try to provide a screenshot in your post or to our FTP Site.

Please refer to the sticky topic for Translation reporting Guidelines. This can be found here - ***-READ-BEFORE-POSTING-***-Posting-in-the-Translation-Forum

HI Woodg SI.

i sent a private message for your about Community Translations. (brazilian portuguese language)

thanks.

During the match play, when a player is substitute, in english appear at the the player "IN" and "OFF". While translating this to Portuguese it appears "LIGAR" (in) and "DESLIGAR" (off). Although a word to word correct translation, in this case the IN and OFF translation should "ENTRAR" / "SAIR" verbs, so "ENTROU" / "SAIU"

On 05/11/2017 at 07:32, jocabaeta said:

During the match play, when a player is substitute, in english appear at the the player "IN" and "OFF". While translating this to Portuguese it appears "LIGAR" (in) and "DESLIGAR" (off). Although a word to word correct translation, in this case the IN and OFF translation should "ENTRAR" / "SAIR" verbs, so "ENTROU" / "SAIU"

I would report this now.

On 05/11/2017 at 10:32, jocabaeta said:

Same thing here. Only thin, I think it's better "ENTRA" (in) and "SAI" (out), for the present time, as it's an action occuring in the moment.

On 31/10/2017 at 22:43, shadster said:

The word I talked in my previous post was "tratas-te", that appears after the pre game tactical briefing. In English I'm sure it is like: "You have handled the tactical briefing". In Portuguese it should be "trataste" and not "tratas-te".

Appears to be fixed already - thanks for the report.

5 hours ago, rubensebastiao said:

Same thing here. Only thin, I think it's better "ENTRA" (in) and "SAI" (out), for the present time, as it's an action occuring in the moment.

Looking into this - thanks for the report

9 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

Appears to be fixed already - thanks for the report.

Fixed for next update? On 18.0.3 still not fixed. It's only a detail, but if it's fixed for next update, that's great.

3 hours ago, shadster said:

Fixed for next update? On 18.0.3 still not fixed. It's only a detail, but if it's fixed for next update, that's great.

I don't know when or what build any fixes will appear in but there's usually a delay between me telling you ti's fixed and when you see it in game

Some errors in sentence formation.

It says: "SL Benfica em braço-de-ferro no por Fernandes mercado de transferências"

It should be: "SL Benfica em braço-de-ferro por Fernandes no mercado de transferências"

image.thumb.png.5262ed9889b8651cc9b71b5a21ddaf75.png

Another issue is about the use of the term "renuncia" when I remove a captain. It should be the term "despromoção" or even "remoção da braçadeira de capitão" or other information.

image.png

quando coloco o mouse em cima de "avaliação do potencial" aparece o balão explicando o que é, creio que esse "analista de dados" esta no lugar errado e sim deveria ser um "membro da equipe técnica"

TwHtLaG.jpg

Erros of gender noun in Grupo Social Secundário A/B

"Este grupo é composto por jogadores de nacionalidade italiano/brasileiro"

Nationality (nacionalidade) is a feminine noun, then, the right would be "italiana/brasileira"

20171110045908_1.jpg

20171110045941_1.jpg

In the begging of a match when speaking to players there're option only admissible to a end of match speech.

"Já acabou, tenham todos uma boa noite" - Has ended, have a good night.  Should be something like " vamos a isto, divirtam-se lá dentro" -let's go, enjoy yourselves there".

also: "Foram melhores esta noite, divirtam-se" - also in the past, as a end of match. Maybe something  " vamos ser melhores hoje, divirtam-se"

Captura de ecrã 2017-11-08, às 22.55.53.png

Captura de ecrã 2017-11-05, às 00.53.43.png

On 10/11/2017 at 10:04, pedrorcarvalho said:

In the begging of a match when speaking to players there're option only admissible to a end of match speech.

"Já acabou, tenham todos uma boa noite" - Has ended, have a good night.  Should be something like " vamos a isto, divirtam-se lá dentro" -let's go, enjoy yourselves there".

also: "Foram melhores esta noite, divirtam-se" - also in the past, as a end of match. Maybe something  " vamos ser melhores hoje, divirtam-se"

Captura de ecrã 2017-11-08, às 22.55.53.png

Captura de ecrã 2017-11-05, às 00.53.43.png

yeah, the sentence "Já acabou, tenham todos uma boa noite" is translated like the match is already over when it has not even started.

Also, the post-match descriptions are still badly translated, such as "marcou uma finalização". Its an example of something going on for years now, since the sentence has a few dots below, I don't if its related to the translation or some coding.

Sometimes, when a players get's an Yellow card, it appears: "o jogador foi avisado pelo árbitro". This happened at other versions of the game as well. In Portugal, we don't use that expression when a player is booked. I think in English is "the player X is or was warned".

Here we say he received an yellow card. We only use warned when the ref only talks to the player and don't show any card.

On 12/11/2017 at 23:39, pedrosantos said:

Also, the post-match descriptions are still badly translated, such as "marcou uma finalização". Its an example of something going on for years now, since the sentence has a few dots below, I don't if its related to the translation or some coding.

We're not sure what the problem is here - any chance of a screenshot?

On 15/11/2017 at 15:26, shadster said:

Sometimes, when a players get's an Yellow card, it appears: "o jogador foi avisado pelo árbitro". This happened at other versions of the game as well. In Portugal, we don't use that expression when a player is booked. I think in English is "the player X is or was warned".

Here we say he received an yellow card. We only use warned when the ref only talks to the player and don't show any card.

This could be a coding issue as the original English does not intend to give a yellow card

3 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

3 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

Of course, I'll be posting one.

The problem is really bad portuguese, worse is really bad in any language, its like saying in english "the player X scored a finalization".

Here's an example

5a0e08a1ec480_MichaelAndrews_Recebidas.thumb.png.07b139b6fe43d09dbb95955f57f8aae9.png

In the 2nd paragraph it is written (...) uma boa jogada convertendo uma conclusão à boca da baliza (...). The bold part is really bad, you could say "converteu em golo" or simply "concluiu à boca da baliza".

Another one and again 2nd paragraph, it is written (...) Bruma marcar uma conclusão à boca da baliza (...), it should be (...) marcar um golo à boca da baliza (...)

Michael Andrews_  Recebidas-2.png

In this case I think you're missing one word. It should be something like "Campeões da edição 2017/18'' or even better "Vencedores da edição 2017/18".

Carlos Jorge Pereira_  Notícias.png

Edited by CJ'43

The error below needs to be fixed in the editor translation:

Portuguese language text:

V7iJGEo.png

Text in English:

U5mca92.png

The second one should say 'último vice-campeão' (or whatever similar word used in Portugal for the runners-up).

Thanks PMLF. CAn anyone confirm if this is OK (having checked a similar string)

KEY-343755: Get Last Runner Up Of Competition[COMMENT: advanced editor competition rules, setting up required teams for a competition]
STR-1: Obter Último Finalista Vencido da Competição

23 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

Thanks PMLF. CAn anyone confirm if this is OK (having checked a similar string)

KEY-343755: Get Last Runner Up Of Competition[COMMENT: advanced editor competition rules, setting up required teams for a competition]
STR-1: Obter Último Finalista Vencido da Competição

Obter Último Finalista Vencido da Competição : OK

Edited by cleiria

Thanks for the in-match reports Both these strings have now been translated so should be in the next update

Attribute description error: judging player potential (patch 18.2.0)
English: staff member

DciQOkD.jpg

Portugues: Data analyst

vkx72YW.png

Edited by rodrigofec

1 hour ago, rodrigofec said:

Attribute description error: judging player potential (patch 18.2.0)
English: staff member

DciQOkD.jpg

Portugues: Data analyst

vkx72YW.png

Thanks for the report - that's a copy and paste error unfortunately.

Fixed for next update.

I dunno if is the right place but observe the "Hierarquia" part, on "Personalidade" (personality): where is written "Razoavelmente..." is cut then I cant see it totally, neither I know what is written after "Razoavelmente..."

20171220174441_1.thumb.jpg.4e1cc88d81f9e46da7280d240e7c83d2.jpg