Board accepting offers

Guys I need your help!

I'm on a great Celtic save and I'm enjoying it a lot until now.. basically my board is randomly accepting bids for my players and there's nothing I can do, when I go to the transfer center there isn't an option to refuse the offer. Keep in mind that in the Staff responsibilities tab I'm the ONLY ONE who can negotiate transfers but still the board keeps accepting. They are accepting bids for all my best players (fairly low bids too). Is there anything I can do to stop this? I have the in game editor, I don't mind if it's cheating or not just tell me how can I stop this. I want to have 100% control over my transfers. I really don't want to mess up this save, I have invested a lot of time and effort in it just to be screwed by my board. 

ps- I'm using FM17 and my club is currently rich, we aren't struggling financially at all

Depending on the board, they can accept offers above the managers head if they feel the offer is good enough. This usually happen less if you have good finances, but it can happen at any time. I think the chairman have a stat called "interference" or something similar that depends how often they will take decisions above the managers head. It was so in previous games at least. I think you have the option to protest, and they might listen to you, but sometimes they won't hear your arguments.

I don't know of any way to stop this other than protesting, unfortunately. 

As far as i know theres no way to stop it :/ but if you really want to keep hold of him you probably just need to let him go and get him back to ur club using the editor. i will personally never do that but if u really want to keep him at the club thats the only option i guess

You're right, there's nothing you can do (aside from reloading a save and trying to avoid a bid and/or contrive a situation that gives you a little more control). 

Considering how awful the transfer logic can be at times, it would be nice to have an option to disable this. I understand what they're going for - in reality, managers very often have little to no say over transfers, but only because the board/DoF competently manages them. In a game where you share this lack of control yet have to watch helplessly as the AI acts with anything but competence, it's a recipe for frustration. 

8 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Offer the player a new contract. If he accepts, it overrides the transfer bid

Ah, yes! That would be the only option then. Give him an outrageous offer and he might stay.

There's always the option of bankrupting the incoming club for a short time, forcing them to continuously push back the transfer until they secure the funds. If you're lucky the window will pass, the deal will collapse, and you'll still have your player. Just reinstate the clubs cash afterwards.

25 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Offer the player a new contract. If he accepts, it overrides the transfer bid

I can't offer him a new contract, his morale is really bad. I've been rejecting all bids for him, therefore he isn't happy. He is a really key player and I don't want to lose him. :/

Isn't there an option on the in game editor where I can, I don't know, ''remove'' powers of the board? Decrease their influence? Just something...

1 hour ago, trickz said:

I can't offer him a new contract, his morale is really bad. I've been rejecting all bids for him, therefore he isn't happy. He is a really key player and I don't want to lose him. :/

Isn't there an option on the in game editor where I can, I don't know, ''remove'' powers of the board? Decrease their influence? Just something...

As @XaW said, the chairman has an attribute called interference.

Whether or not that can be changed in the IGE I have no idea, as I've not used it.

If you're going down that route though, just edit out his unhappiness, new deal, bish bash bosh

This would really annoy me if this happened to me, thankfully it never has. It's a save ruiner and there should be an option to disable it.

I'm all for realism, but if a rich club is accepting low ball offers for their best players, that is not realistic.

4 hours ago, Robioto said:

This would really annoy me if this happened to me, thankfully it never has. It's a save ruiner and there should be an option to disable it.

I'm all for realism, but if a rich club is accepting low ball offers for their best players, that is not realistic.

im not sure its about how rich you are, celtic will always be a sell on club really due to the fact they are in the scot prem. west ham in my game are classed as rich with only 20 mill in the bank. 

Just now, jamessmith010101 said:

im not sure its about how rich you are, celtic will always be a sell on club really due to the fact they are in the scot prem. west ham in my game are classed as rich with only 20 mill in the bank. 

Yes, they are a selling club due to their division, but if the OP is right on saying that Celtic are rich in his save then the board accepting low ball offers is unrealistic. They should hold out for the most money possible, or not interfere at all when the club is in a strong financial position and doesn't have to sell.

To be fair though, we don't really know the detail of the transfers the OP is talking of.

Unfortunately it can happen at the most elite clubs in the game if the chairman has high interference. I managed Bayern and had this happen.

You can always offer him out for free so it attracts a few dozen bids and then hope he accepts one of those offers so you can then cancel it when it comes to confirming the deal. You'll otherwise have to use the editor if he chooses the team that the chairman accepted the bid from.

• 2 years later...
On 25/10/2017 at 18:51, grff said:

Unfortunately it can happen at the most elite clubs in the game if the chairman has high interference. I managed Bayern and had this happen.

You can always offer him out for free so it attracts a few dozen bids and then hope he accepts one of those offers so you can then cancel it when it comes to confirming the deal. You'll otherwise have to use the editor if he chooses the team that the chairman accepted the bid from.

This worked for me! nothing else did, just keep offering him to clubs and then declining when hes about to move :hammer: