Whats your great ever FM Save?

Chockers1

With FM18 just around the corner - i want to know what your greatest ever FM save has been, most successful & who the GOAT players have been.

Mine - I won 30 champions league with burnley on FM15- pretty much back to back & had a 1000 appearance & goal man.

Check out the video of the save below & let me know your greatest saves!

Greatest Save

Me and a mate did a network save, he was Sheffield Weds I was Sheff UTD, edited it so Weds started in league 1 and gave us the same (small) budgets).

Ended up with us both being the 2 dominating teams in word football, however I was winning everything, I've never had such a squad, world class players on the bench, hughely profitable loan system etc, was all built on many hours of hard scouting.  Some great banter came from that save.

Especially when after alot of Pressure he caved in and sold me his star striker, the only player I could get to strengthen my XI, paid £80m (in Fm14 or FM15), so insane money, he thought he could use the cash to rebuild the squad but then realised the player had a 40% sell on from his previous club, PLUS 30% fee to the player himself!  Was utter comedy, I got his best player and he only got about £20m or less out of it!

Assia from 3rd Division in Cyprus to Champions League winners in 13 seasons, probably my best save in terms of having to make Cyprus a genuinely good league so I could attract quality players and bump up the quality of the division itself :onmehead:

2 hours ago, wynter said:

Assia from 3rd Division in Cyprus to Champions League winners in 13 seasons, probably my best save in terms of having to make Cyprus a genuinely good league so I could attract quality players and bump up the quality of the division itself :onmehead:

Cyprus league - never ever managed there!

Did you manage to break it in europe?

1 hour ago, Chockers1 said:

that would have been an absolutely epic save blades & the owls!  must have been hard work doing over the network together though?

How did your mate keep going getting smashed every year? haha

Was epic.  Well I think he had faint hope that every year after a rebuild of his squad he could challenge me, but I won the Europa cup in my first season in Europe and it really helped me, I was also v v good at investing in players when they were young, then developing them at the club/on loan, before selling them on for big profit (keeping the absolute best for the first team).  Also because it was a network save when we couldn't progress it due to waiting on the other I'd be hard at work scouting.

I actually documented it afterwards, just need to find the word doc and I will post it up.

Agree re Cyprus, that is some feat!! Did you just stay at the one club?  The finances must have been a real challenge with a big TV deal.

11 hours ago, Chockers1 said:

Cyprus league - never ever managed there!

Did you manage to break it in europe?

10 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Agree re Cyprus, that is some feat!

Didyou just stay at the one club?  The finances must have been a real challenge with a big TV deal.

Got them up to being the 7th best league before I finished it. APOEL were always good for making the Group Stage/EL knockouts which was useful but we never cracked the Top 6 and the 3 CL spots 

And yeah, solely stayed at Assia. TV Deal rose to 5mil but with our 650k Wage Budget we had to make the CL Quarters at least each season in order to break even. 

Was still a really fun save though, might head back there this year. 

Probably the save I am in now (FM17), which was inspired by Deisler (sp?). I am managing RKC Waalwijk in Holland, currently year 2032. The aim of the save was to topple the likes of Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord (which I have now done). After 2 attempts at promotion from the Jupiler League, I finally made it in to the Eredivisie. After 5 seasons (at first) struggling to stay in the division, consolidating mid table finishes and then finishing in the European spots, I won the title for the first time. Since then, I haven't looked back. I have now won 10(or maybe 11) titles back to back, with 1 undefeated season amongst that lot. I have won the Europa League 4 times, and have just won the Champions League for the 2nd time. Believe it or not, I still have a 'real' player in the side, Armardo Obispo at the ripe age of 32 is still leading the defence for me. 

I have managed the Dutch national side on 2 seperate occasions, firstly 2021-2025 where I won the European Championships in the 2024, and then again from 2029-2031 where I won the World Cup in the 2030. I consider myself fully retired from International management now though, however!

Lastly, I'm still surprised at myself for how I haven't got bored, yet, and my aims going forward are to try build an all Dutch side (by our youth system or poaching other clubs youngsters) to conquer the league and European trophies. My best regen I have ever managed in any FM game recently transferred to Man City for £118m. I had sold him some 4-5 years earlier to Wolfsburg for £58m. Since then he went from Wolfsburg to Arsenal for £75m, Arsenal to Barcelona for £92m and the Barcelona to City for £118m. 

I'm torn between two.

Last year started unemployed started in the Portuguese National League, which if you have managed in you know is a nightmare. If not...avoid at all costs! Got a job with Leixoes in the Portuguese 2nd tier, won promotion with them and ultimately everything I could in Portugal. Got them to the Europa League semi before getting destroyed by Spurs. 

Got a job at Sampdoria and although struggled to break Juventus' hold managed to win a few cups as well as reach the final of the Champions League (curse you Manchester United!).

That run got me the job at Real Madrid where I settled in for a decade of dominance.

Also won everything I could internationally with France.

Was the save I'm most proud of.

The second one is the first ever time I really took a game seriously. 

Again started unemployed and landed at Greenock Morton. What started as a journeyman save became a one man club save as I took them from the Scottish League 1 to the Premiership and Champions League. I was never able to win the big one but I was a constant challenger before I was unjustly fired. I didn't want to carry on with another team as I had poured my heart and soul into Morton! If I hadn't already had a Scottish team to support I would have been a Morton fan. 

Probably my FM06 challenge game with Braintree.

Not only did it give me the 1000 goal legend Danny Roberts but it completely changed the way I played the game. Before then I'd only ever spent a few years at a club before starting a new save, all the way back to CM93. Not only was this my first ever lower league game but it was also the first time I played one save for decades, something which I've been doing ever since.

My best save had to be FM11, took Mlada Boleslav in the Czech Republic to Champions League glory in my 5th year with them while also becoming international manager for Belarus and getting them to the 2014 World Cup, my best player was Jan Chramosta who I would not shut up about, would score goals for fun as his pace was high.

I have 3 which stand out over the years, all involving taking minnows to great success.

On FM2006 I managed New Zealand and after about 20 years reached the World Cup final, knocking out teams like France and Argentina, only to go and lose to Scotland 4-3 after being 2-0 up.

On FM2016 I took Belarusian side Khimik Svetlogorsk from the 2nd tier (irl they've never been promoted or relegated from that league) to the Champions League final, only to lose again having led 2-1 against Napoli.  My CB got sent off and we lost after extra time.  Remarkably I'd never got out of the group stage before that run to the final.

The best though is easy, as it's the one where I actually ended up winning the 'big' trophy.  I took over Hammerfest on FM2007 from the far north of Norway and after 14 seasons won the Champions League after starting in the 3rd division.

I love building a small club up away from the elite leagues, dominating domestically and pushing for European success, and I'm doing it again on FM2017 currently, and will do on FM2018.

Without doubt my FM15 save with Hereford, taking them from the bottom to winning the Champions League. Took me 16 season, the last 5 or 6 of which I streamed on Twitch, so others were also invested in the journey. Never had anything like that before or since. Hoping to do something similar this year. 

FM11...this legendary save still lives today and was even loaded a couple of days ago.

It was a "club save" with Oldham.  The journey took the club from League One to multiple Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Champions League trophies over the course of a dozen or so seasons.

Standout moments....many...just so many...but one that feels so real was the first Champions League Trophy....1-0 up against Barca...three minutes to go and they break from a corner...we have three v two in their favour crossing the half way line.  I can see the pass they are going to play so clearly as their attacker pass in front of my dugout just a few yards from me...my solid centre half (the one with no pace) is positioning himself to show the forward down the line, anxious not to show him inside....and BANG...takes him out with a full body check.  In the virtual world of FM11 I show my centre half (...I shan't name him) a crafty thumbs up in the quiet second before the Barca Team erupt in indignation.  The ref...shows no hesitation.  Red Card !!!

Naturally we held up the taking of the free kick a little and reorganised ourselves to hold on for the next few minutes to lift the trophy...but boy what a win!

Mine is probably my Portsmouth save in FM16; took them from League Two to the Premier League and dominated for years both domestically and in Europe. That was the lowest ever save I’d tried, and also became the longest – I think I completed about 15-20 seasons all in. Won everything that was on offer, multiple times in some cases, broke transfer records, managed internationally too.

I might go even lower in FM18 and give a FC United or Salford City save a go.

FC Oss from Holland - few months on holiday as unemployed, took them over in December and avoided relegation. Next season championship and promotion. 3rd season mid table, 4th season champions of Eredivisie, good times.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just recently got into FM, so its probably just considered average to most people but my first game ever (literally my demo game from FM16 that I kept going after I bought the game) managing Tromsø IL in Norway, just because in my mind a random team in an average-ish footballing nation with less budgets and players to manage would be easier. Did 6-7 seasons with them, bringing them to a First Knockout Round in the Europa League and since then I've been doing a yearly save with them. For some reason I always bottle it in the last 3 games and in around 11 seasons across both FM16 and FM17, so I've never actually won a league title with them, despite coming second or third in at least 7 of those 11. (Don't think I've even ever won a league after 400+ hours now that I think of it, though I do only play as underdogs and usually for less than 3 seasons so that might be why..)

I have 3 that stand out most:

FM11- Took AFC Wimbledon from the BSP to the Premier League, winning 4 promotions in 8 seasons, established them in the Premier League. Managed them there for about 7 seasons where the team became competing regularly for the Europa League spots. Tycoon came in, I finished 6th, wasn't going to be sacked but I lost interest and resigned.

FM12- Tried to do forameuss' Tetradecagon Challenge, managed a host of clubs and countries before getting a breakthrough when I won the African Cup of Nations with Burkina Faso. Blew a big lead in the Serie B with Reggina and failed to get promoted but moved to Lillestrom and won the Norwegian title. Moved to Mexico with America but got sacked after losing in the playoffs in both the opening and closing stages. Joined their fierce rivals Pumas de la UNAM where I won 4 league titles (2x Apertura, 2x Clausura) in 4 seasons as well as 2 NACL titles and the CWC with a win over Barca in the final. Developed many prospects and half my first team was from the academy. Also won the Copa America with Argentina sometime during my spell at Pumas. Game petered out because it became too slow despite the add/remove leagues feature which was probably not working as it should have.

FM15- Took over at Gjovik-Lyn in the Norwegian 3rd tier but didn't have much success in the year that I spent there. Lucked out when I got a job at FC Honka in the Finnish 2nd tier. Got promoted in my second full season, then won a league and league cup double during the second season in the top flight. Went to Mamelodi Sundowns in South Africa, eventually toppled a dominant Kaiser Chiefs and after 3 and a half years, finally won the African Champions League. Left for South Korea, winning the league win FC Seoul but not managing anything in the ACL in two attempts. Took over at a Dortmund side that had finished 8th and won the league in my first season before following it up with a treble. Won the CWC as well with them. Tried to get the Liverpool job but they didn't want me because I had rejected them multiple times at Dortmund. Took over at a yo-yoing Southampton side who were 19th in the table, kept them up on the final day. Finished 3rd, 6th and 3rd in the next 3 years (iirc), winning the FA Cup twice, the League Cup once and a solitary Europa League by beating Bayern in the final.

My time with RWS Bruxelles was pretty epic and for me the save tumbled when I left there, I just lost interest.  Hoped to go back there but it never materialised.

Had a great game with Perugia back on FM08 which had a decade of dominance and saw me sign Messi, Ramos and a few other huge stars but the first name on the team sheet was Davis Omar my Tanzanian midfielder.  Ran the show

My best save was a +- 25/30 year save with Juventus on CM99 or CM00 ? Epic

Recent saves with Milwall, Aldershot (winning the EPL and playing CL final after 6/7 years) , Union Berlin and Parma were also fun . My problem is that i get bored after 5/6 years (when i win something big and unexpected i start losing my focus.)

I want to change this and start one big save on FM18 and keep on playing .

Archived