Sports Interactive Community

Hey guys, I am playing a 4-4-2 diamond in my Palermo career for a few seasons now and I am starting to have some issues down the flanks, even though I have very good full-backs. I know that defending the flanks is the biggest flaw of this system, so I am thinking to add more strenght to this specific area. I just got destroyed by Sampdoria 5-1 and I noticed that every single one of their goals came from the flanks more or less.

My question is this: How can I instruct my 2 CM's to close down their respective flank alongside the full-backs ?  What I basically want is that my CM's to start pressing in tandem with my full-backs when there is a threat down that specific flank.

Have you instructed your outside CM’s to close down more/much more?

20 hours ago, SebastianRO said:

My question is this: How can I instruct my 2 CM's to close down their respective flank alongside the full-backs ?  What I basically want is that my CM's to start pressing in tandem with my full-backs when there is a threat down that specific flank.

Tough question. Have you tried 'mark tighter' for both of them? If so, did you notice which oppo they choose to mark? Another way to mitigate would be to use OIs, but not really sure how the two CMs would adapt to OIs in this setup.

Close Down More + Tackle Harder for both CMs, you just have to make sure the tactic is balanced I mean if you have two aggressive fullbacks you can't select (well you can, but it's not a smart choice) another attack CM down his side. Best you do is post the tactic, flanks can be covered if you have two good CMs in terms of attributes.

Edited by Armistice