Sports Interactive Community
bommen

For knowledgeable FM-legends

What is up!

I need your help. I have been searching a lot of forums around the World Wide Web to find the perfect team for me to manage. I have been struggling in the past FM-saves to keep on playing for many years on the same save, but actually thats something I would really like to do.

I know that I like to be a manager in the English leagues and I have managed Wrexham before, but I think they are too far down the leagues. I would go for at Championship team this time. This is where I need your help:

Find me a club, that is not that big of a club yet (maybe have been a long time ago). But the club has got the potential.

It needs to have a nice youth recruitment.

Maybe already has a future star hidden in the clubs U21.

Got 1-3 perfect players that can pull the team forward - here I am talking about players like Anthony Knockaert.

Easy?

Edited by bommen

13 minutes ago, bommen said:

I know that I like English clubs and I have managed Wrexham before

/facepalm :D

(I get what you're saying - you want a club playing in the English leagues - it's just that Wrexham are a Welsh club who happen to play in the English leagues ;)).

Have a look at Leeds United and their history.

2 minutes ago, herne79 said:

/facepalm :D

(I get what you're saying - you want a club playing in the English leagues - it's just that Wrexham are a Welsh club who happen to play in the English leagues ;)).

Have a look at Leeds United and their history.

Hahahaha... god damn I need to edit that one - what I meant was managing in the English league then ;)

Stick a pin in the Championship IMO.

So many of the teams have potential to be solid prem sides.

Wolves are always a good shout but you have a lot of clubs who have recently been in the Prem - Cardiff, Villa, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Fulham, Norwich, Hull, QPR & Reading.  After that you still have Leeds, Derby, Forest, both Sheffield clubs, Birmingham & Bristol City.

Thanks guys!! Ill have a look at Leeds to start of with..

Leeds might be to easy and not present a big challenge for you, I would suggest you look at Bolton who won the first division last season don't have to much money, rely on youth and bringing in players on lone but have the potential to move up the league over the next few years.  

15 hours ago, lostpoolie2 said:

Leeds might be to easy and not present a big challenge for you, I would suggest you look at Bolton who won the first division last season don't have to much money, rely on youth and bringing in players on lone but have the potential to move up the league over the next few years.  

That actually sounds interesting. You know anything about their youth players already?

18 hours ago, bommen said:

That actually sounds interesting. You know anything about their youth players already?

They have a couple of young players that have already played in their first team, Jake Turner a goal keeper who is 18 years of age played some first team games last season due to injury's to other keepers. he was also in the England under 18 squared.

Adam Armstrong 20 years of age ex Newcastle he is a forward has already played in the first team this season and won the under 20 fifa world cup this summer

Jeff King Midfielder is yet to play in the first team but show's potential.

Cole Lansdale defender yet to play in the first team.  

Crewe have a solid youth setup with a couple to get you going (though they get poached fairly easily).

I enjoyed my MK Dons save too.

Thanks guys, Ill keep that in mind. Any keyplayers in their current squads?

Crewe: Each squad (main, U23, U18) is littered with 5 star potential players (for the division).

Garrett (GK) Nugent (CB) Jones (CM) Dagnall (ST) are all good first team options.

Ng (CB) Ainsley (CM) Udoh (ST) good young players that are already key in season 1.

MK Dons: More of a solid mid table starting squad, flexible for many formations. Best players; Aneke , Reeves and Nicky Maynard. Rasulo a shadow striker is best young player. Facilities are good and makes for a fun long term save.

On 21/10/2017 at 22:28, lostpoolie2 said:

Bolton didn't win diddly squat last year my friend... 

On 21/10/2017 at 14:05, macca72 said:

Leeds tick all of your boxes uncomfortably.

Fixed it for you.

Not going to say Cardiff as there is never much in the youth team. 

Coventry would be a good shout, as would MK Dons potentially.

Blackburn, Leeds, Notts Forest.. all former famous clubs.

1 hour ago, adamjames_ said:

Fixed it for you.

Not going to say Cardiff as they meet absolutely non of your criteria

Coventry would be a good shout, as would MK Dons potentially.

Fixed it for you :thup:

Haha 😂 

Okay so Leeds, Dons, Coventry and Blackburn Will get my attention.  I Will keep you updated for and decisions 👌✌️👍

5 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

Crewe: Each squad (main, U23, U18) is littered with 5 star potential players (for the division).

Garrett (GK) Nugent (CB) Jones (CM) Dagnall (ST) are all good first team options.

Ng (CB) Ainsley (CM) Udoh (ST) good young players that are already key in season 1.

MK Dons: More of a solid mid table starting squad, flexible for many formations. Best players; Aneke , Reeves and Nicky Maynard. Rasulo a shadow striker is best young player. Facilities are good and makes for a fun long term save.

Crewe is also in my mind ! Thanks a lot for your post mate