save ideas wanted

I will be moving abroad in a few weeks time and will be unable to work for the first few months (visa restrictions), so perfect time to start a mammoth FM save. I would love some ideas from you lovely people. I am a big fan of homegrown saves in Europe. I define homegrown as anyone from the youth intake and anyone from the local area (Catalonia if managing Barca, Yorkshire if managing Leeds etc). I would prefer to start in a lower division in a minor country or in the case of Andorra/San Marino etc the top tier. Some ideas I've had are the following:

1) The standard San Marino/Andorra save

2) A minor team in a big city (1860 Munich, San Andreu in Barcelona etc)

3) A country with no/little continental success (Slovakia, Croatia etc)

4) Austria/Switzerland/Liechtenstein/Scandanavia

5) using A custom database to add on the lowest league in England

As it's a homegrown save, there needs to be a large amount of regens to call on so must be in a big city or have a large pool to call on. Any ideas you have would be amazing!

In addition to this, I have FM16 on an old laptop, but am getting a new laptop when I move abroad, so size of DB etc shouldn't be a problem apart from initially.

Just now, Sheriff7 said:

You could do San Marino but until the end (Won World Cup)....:D

If I did San Marino/Andorra/Liechtenstein it would be with the national team as well

4 minutes ago, hm86 said:

Queens Park from Glasgow could be a good one? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen's_Park_F.C.

Good shout. Added to the list!

8 minutes ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

I do one thing, always. I start unemployed, simulate one season. Delete my manager, create a new one, take a team in the lower leagues with a nice name and great colors.

Never done an unemployed save before...

15 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

You could try a save with a country with no participation in major tournaments like Finland or Belarus too...

Here's the countries that haven't got to the Champs League group stages yet. Some decent options in there...

UEFA_members_Champs_League_group_stage.png

Archived