Most overrated footballers on 17

Now that FM18 is coming out who do you think most needs a downgrade? 

IMO it has to go to Ozil. There is no way Ozil outclasses de Bruyne. His stats are absurd for a player who hasnt even impressed the Arsenal fans. For a start; his consistency should be something like 8 (instead of 13), his important matches at 16 is just laughable considering fans joke about him being the invisible man. That should be less than a 8. Determination should be lower. I believe in FM12 he had a 8 for determination and that is probably about right. Technique is too high for what he does in real life. I also find his corners in real life to be too slow and lacking. Its like the FM attribute judges had an orgasm over him, perhaps too afraid to lower his stats in fear of his fanbase. 

Ramsey is another for sure. His stats seem to think that hes still as good as the 2013/14 one season wonder. His decisions should be 10 or less for a start. Pretty much the definition of a headless chicken. 

Coutinho could do with  a downgrade. I mean hes an excellent player and all but hes not that consistent yet. 

Chamberlain could also do with a downgrade for same reasons if not more than the other 3; lack of consistency.

23 minutes ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

I'd like a 'MASS EDIT' option on the editor, so I can lower everyone that plays in England by at least 15 CA.

Due to reputation, I guess, England is too overrated in the game.

Well CA/PA isnt the only factor. I mean long throws take up CA. Also, long shots for a CB is pretty useless etc.Then there are things like consistency and important matches. So theres a lot going on. 

I dont think English players are that overrated in the game. Their isnt a world class English players. Just speed merchants for the most part. 

54 minutes ago, y2k1 said:

Well CA/PA isnt the only factor. I mean long throws take up CA. Also, long shots for a CB is pretty useless etc.Then there are things like consistency and important matches. So theres a lot going on. 

I dont think English players are that overrated in the game. Their isnt a world class English players. Just speed merchants for the most part. 

LOL :)

By lowering the CA, the game will recalculate attributes for the players when I start a new save. I wont have to do much else. I would probably hit the 30 points, since the PL is so overpowered.

I dislike the distribution of CA per league. One example is Evanilson. I remember getting him back from the German leagues and he had 150 CA :[

After a few seasons, you start to notice tons of great English youngsters in the game. As a consequence, English teams are overpowered and the national side starts winning. Unrealistic :D

A mass edit of the English leagues plus England's reputation would be great.

1 minute ago, Bobby_Zamora said:

LOL :)

By lowering the CA, the game will recalculate attributes for the players when I start a new save. I wont have to do much else. I would probably hit the 30 points, since the PL is so overpowered.

I dislike the distribution of CA per league. One example is Evanilson. I remember getting him back from the German leagues and he had 150 CA :[

After a few seasons, you start to notice tons of great English youngsters in the game. As a consequence, English teams are overpowered and the national side starts winning. Unrealistic :D

A mass edit of the English leagues plus England's reputation would be great.

Do you mean regens? I agree regens are ****. I remember using FMRTE to sabotage regens to effectively disable them because they just ruin games. But I think out of the box the English players are fairly alright in the rating. There isnt a single world class English player out of the box. Even Harry Kane is pretty average.....should really have a higher consistency than just 15 for a player that is constantly banging goals. Meanwhile Ozils stats are absolutely ridiculous. There is no way Ozil has done enough to get those stats but because he's German they overlook that hes been dogshite for 4 years. 

1 minute ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

Isn't Ozil, like, one of the highest rated for chances created per minute? His statistics since Real Madrid until this season has been very consistent in terms of that. He is a phenomenal player in that respect.

Darren Bent was very consistent goalscorer but nobody claims he is world class. Ozil can keep the 20 vision etc but consistency and important matches should be in the single digits. 

Just Arsenal researcher things. Edit Arsenal players before start the game, just like I do since 2015.

Giroud is even better example than Oezil. Oezil need only stamina, determination and consistency downgrade.

Hows Bellerins average career rating in your saves? 8+ till retired? ;) 

Archived