Sports Interactive Community
Coleman

FM18 discount cancelled 3 wks before beta???

What are you doing? I've pre-purchased the game on Steam before the beta on Steam every year since 2009. It's three weeks before release and you've cancelled our bonus already? So I need to pay full price AND pay for my mobile version? It seems you are disrespecting some of your most loyal customers. Very disappointed in SI's policy this year. I think I'll wait for the Christmas sale.

The full terms of the FM 18 discount offer was published on August 18th and ended on October 9th as laid out below:

Anyone who pre-purchases Football Manager 2018 (for PC, Mac or Linux) through a SEGA approved digital retailer* will be given access to a fully-playable Beta version two weeks before the official release date. As in previous years, single player careers started in the Beta can be continued on in the full game.

In addition, fans who pre-purchase Football Manager 2018 (before Monday, October 9th) and have Football Manager 2017 in their Steam Library will receive a 'Contract Extension Bonus' discount of 25% off their purchase via Steam or the SEGA Store.

Plus, there are places you can get it at almost the same discount, so do some digging.

Well, i've started buying it in 1993, (Championship Manager '93), so i should have a 200% discount,,,SHAME ON YOU SPORTS INTERACTIVE !!! :ackter:

3 hours ago, Nasd55Nuno said:

Well, i've started buying it in 1993, (Championship Manager '93), so i should have a 200% discount,,,SHAME ON YOU SPORTS INTERACTIVE !!! :ackter:

You cant blame SI for you not doing your homework on when the discount ended from Steam.  I like you have had Championship manager since it first came out  - I knew about the offer, but decided not to take it unit the feature release videos came out.  I have gone elsewhere and still got it cheaper than the retail price on steam

30 minutes ago, wazza said:

You cant blame SI for you not doing your homework on when the discount ended from Steam.  I like you have had Championship manager since it first came out  - I knew about the offer, but decided not to take it unit the feature release videos came out.  I have gone elsewhere and still got it cheaper than the retail price on steam

Errrrm...I think he was joking...

3 minutes ago, Hobbi123 said:

Errrrm...I think he was joking...

Yep, it should be obvious, 200% kind of pointed it out, eheheheheh

As said above the full terms were announced when the deal first went live so not really much more to say about this. Thanks.