Sports Interactive Community
Seyen

FM 2018 beta....arrive?

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. 

Where's the downvote button?

Just now, Wlocke said:

It's easy, just upvote every other comment in the thread :brock: 

3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. Sorry! :D 

You want to buy some rust tiles??

6 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. Sorry! :D 

😪

27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Ah, classic misdirection... :D

I jest.

30 minutes ago, Wlocke said:

29 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's easy, just upvote every other comment in the thread :brock: 

On this, in all seriousness why do we not have a downvote button alongside the upvote?  One is pretty useless without the other.

And on a slight aside, can we up the number of votes it takes for posts to be highlighted?  Looks like it's set to 2, and even the most mental posts on here will probably get 2 upvotes.  

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Because a downvote is negative - an upvote shows positive. How is that useless being able to highlight posts that people like?  

And given people generally take a while to get used to new aspects within software, the amount was set low on purpose to enable users to become familiar with it and use it. 

In this thread there's 56 posts of which only 7 are highlighted because of upvotes, so it's not like every other comment is upvoted. As more people use it, yes there's potential to change the criteria. 

Fair enough.  Of course it has the use in showing posts that people like, but people often like rubbish.  I'm a member on other forums where they've always had the two sides, and it's a good way in balancing out how posts are perceived.  Come the release of FM18, there's going to be plenty of posts full of rubbish that get highly upvoted because enough people agree with it.  2 people agree with someone that posts something factually incorrect, and that post is now highlighted with no way of someone countering that, other than a reply, which doesn't affect the highlighting.

Yeah, it's not every comment, just seems that 2 is pretty low.  But like you say, it's early days, I'm sure it'll be adjusted.

Well if you now double click it in Steam to install you get the end-user agreement before it fails, which wasn't happening yesterday, so progress! :lol:

True, but it's been announced here that you do get it if you pre-order on Steam.  

3 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Well if you now double click it in Steam to install you get the end-user agreement before it fails, which wasn't happening yesterday, so progress! :lol:

I noticed this too, I'm not getting my hopes up too much though because I still feel it will be either tomorrow or Thursday.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Well shucks.  I've certainly been refreshing every chance I get. :)

28 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Fair enough.  Of course it has the use in showing posts that people like, but people often like rubbish.  I'm a member on other forums where they've always had the two sides, and it's a good way in balancing out how posts are perceived.  Come the release of FM18, there's going to be plenty of posts full of rubbish that get highly upvoted because enough people agree with it.  2 people agree with someone that posts something factually incorrect, and that post is now highlighted with no way of someone countering that, other than a reply, which doesn't affect the highlighting.

Yeah, it's not every comment, just seems that 2 is pretty low.  But like you say, it's early days, I'm sure it'll be adjusted.

Best way of countering it would be to respond with a counter point and see how many upvotes that gets. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Best way of countering it would be to respond with a counter point and see how many upvotes that gets. 

Yeah, I get that, and knew roughly what your answer would be before I asked.  Replies can often turn the discussion into the usual bunfight, and I just know that having the two options works pretty well on other forums, rather than turning into an upvote/downvote war.  Was just curious, that's all, cheers for the answer.

29 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Huh? How is this possible? 

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

This doesn't rule out 00:01 of course...:lol:

I have a feeling this will be much better than FM 17. And FM 17 was already a better game ( with some minor issues ) than FM16 

13 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

It's already tomorrow where I am, maybe I check my steam.

I think it's released at the same time in everytimezone. Doesn't really matter you're already tomorrow.

Just now, andu1 said:

I think it's released at the same time in everytimezone. Doesn't really matter you're already tomorrow.

I'm at the edge of tomorrow bro. There's no stopping me now.

What a coincidence, next week i just have to come to work friday, eheheheheheh

(Seriously, Shadow of War, Warhammer II, Forza 7 and FM 18 Beta, my wife is going to kill me...)

there are 69 players playing FM 2018 and the game was last updated 1 hour ago.. according to steam DB.

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

there are 69 players playing FM 2018 and the game was last updated 1 hour ago.. according to steam DB.

That's a sexy launch party

Good to see Miles bodying everyone that has a go like he's in the Royal Rumble or something.  Jobbers flying all over the shop.

If I send Miles an e-mail saying I'm some Vanarama League player and I want to test the game early due to my extensive knowledge of non-league Football. Do you think he will fall for it? I could create a wikipedia for the player and everything.

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

If I send Miles an e-mail saying I'm some Vanarama League player and I want to test the game early due to my extensive knowledge of non-league Football. Do you think he will fall for it? I could create a wikipedia for the player and everything.

Yes.

10 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Anyone got his e-mail address? :hammer:

betawillnotarrivetoday@milesontwitter.com

17 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

I can see how that would work - it's not like Miles has access to a database containing the name of every footballer in every league...

Oh.

31 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Most likely the alpha testers.

Dundees manager has been sacked/released, email miles and you may see a nuclear meltdown worst then Chernobill :)

A sacked manager doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Only takes me one click on FM Editor :thup:

1 minute ago, Nuno Dias said:

Dundees manager has been sacked/released, email miles and you may see a nuclear meltdown worst then Chernobill :)

Don't you mean Dundee United? There is more than one club in Dundee. :)

Two weeks ago, for the first time ever I've bought FM before release as I couldn't wait. Absolutely torturing myself here. 

2 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

A sacked manager doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Only takes me one click on FM Editor :thup:

Not that simple. It means that if they want to include it, they have to recompile the database (several hours at least) and then re-test it to make sure everything's okay. I would imagine they simply don't bother doing it for the beta given it's a single manager in a relatively garbage league.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Ouch, sorry about that, i used to love to play the scotish league but haven't in a long time, didn't remember that :)

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Yeah, i know, but see Miles Tweet yesterday after Koeman got Sacked ;)

My mate's cousin's girlfriend's neighbour's nephew's hairdresser's son's postman's grandson has got the beta already...He says it's not very good

Edited by MoxeysTheName

22 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Even though they're only 100 yards away from each other

Heard it direct from one of the Alpha testers the Beta should be released before 6pm tonight. Miles has contacted all the popular youtubers/streamers to give them notice as well!

The sackings aren't a big issue at all

Here's something interesting, the 'packages' relating to each region FM's available in were updated starting from about 20 minutes ago... is it only a matter of time now?

(source: https://steamdb.info/app/624090/subs/

Edited by Walshieboy750

4 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

We believe you, Mr. One-post new-account.

Thought I would share my knowledge, dont usually do the 'forum' thing.