Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Seyen

FM 2018 beta....arrive?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. 

Where's the downvote button?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wlocke said:

Where's the downvote button?

It's easy, just upvote every other comment in the thread :brock: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. Sorry! :D 

You want to buy some rust tiles??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. Sorry! :D 

😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. Sorry! :D 

Ah, classic misdirection... :D

I jest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Wlocke said:

Where's the downvote button?

 

29 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

It's easy, just upvote every other comment in the thread :brock: 

On this, in all seriousness why do we not have a downvote button alongside the upvote?  One is pretty useless without the other.

And on a slight aside, can we up the number of votes it takes for posts to be highlighted?  Looks like it's set to 2, and even the most mental posts on here will probably get 2 upvotes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Because a downvote is negative - an upvote shows positive. How is that useless being able to highlight posts that people like?  

And given people generally take a while to get used to new aspects within software, the amount was set low on purpose to enable users to become familiar with it and use it. 

In this thread there's 56 posts of which only 7 are highlighted because of upvotes, so it's not like every other comment is upvoted. As more people use it, yes there's potential to change the criteria. 

Fair enough.  Of course it has the use in showing posts that people like, but people often like rubbish.  I'm a member on other forums where they've always had the two sides, and it's a good way in balancing out how posts are perceived.  Come the release of FM18, there's going to be plenty of posts full of rubbish that get highly upvoted because enough people agree with it.  2 people agree with someone that posts something factually incorrect, and that post is now highlighted with no way of someone countering that, other than a reply, which doesn't affect the highlighting.

Yeah, it's not every comment, just seems that 2 is pretty low.  But like you say, it's early days, I'm sure it'll be adjusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you now double click it in Steam to install you get the end-user agreement before it fails, which wasn't happening yesterday, so progress! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True, but it's been announced here that you do get it if you pre-order on Steam.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Well if you now double click it in Steam to install you get the end-user agreement before it fails, which wasn't happening yesterday, so progress! :lol:

I noticed this too, I'm not getting my hopes up too much though because I still feel it will be either tomorrow or Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. Sorry! :D 

Well shucks.  I've certainly been refreshing every chance I get. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Fair enough.  Of course it has the use in showing posts that people like, but people often like rubbish.  I'm a member on other forums where they've always had the two sides, and it's a good way in balancing out how posts are perceived.  Come the release of FM18, there's going to be plenty of posts full of rubbish that get highly upvoted because enough people agree with it.  2 people agree with someone that posts something factually incorrect, and that post is now highlighted with no way of someone countering that, other than a reply, which doesn't affect the highlighting.

Yeah, it's not every comment, just seems that 2 is pretty low.  But like you say, it's early days, I'm sure it'll be adjusted.

Best way of countering it would be to respond with a counter point and see how many upvotes that gets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

Best way of countering it would be to respond with a counter point and see how many upvotes that gets. 

Yeah, I get that, and knew roughly what your answer would be before I asked.  Replies can often turn the discussion into the usual bunfight, and I just know that having the two options works pretty well on other forums, rather than turning into an upvote/downvote war.  Was just curious, that's all, cheers for the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, harrycarrie said:

Well if you now double click it in Steam to install you get the end-user agreement before it fails, which wasn't happening yesterday, so progress! :lol:

Huh? How is this possible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

It's all well and good being excited but to save you checking here constantly it won't be today. Sorry! :D 

This doesn't rule out 00:01 of course...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling this will be much better than FM 17. And FM 17 was already a better game ( with some minor issues ) than FM16 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

It's already tomorrow where I am, maybe I check my steam.

I think it's released at the same time in everytimezone. Doesn't really matter you're already tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, andu1 said:

I think it's released at the same time in everytimezone. Doesn't really matter you're already tomorrow.

I'm at the edge of tomorrow bro. There's no stopping me now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a coincidence, next week i just have to come to work friday, eheheheheheh

(Seriously, Shadow of War, Warhammer II, Forza 7 and FM 18 Beta, my wife is going to kill me...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there are 69 players playing FM 2018 and the game was last updated 1 hour ago.. according to steam DB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

there are 69 players playing FM 2018 and the game was last updated 1 hour ago.. according to steam DB.

That's a sexy launch party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see Miles bodying everyone that has a go like he's in the Royal Rumble or something.  Jobbers flying all over the shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I send Miles an e-mail saying I'm some Vanarama League player and I want to test the game early due to my extensive knowledge of non-league Football. Do you think he will fall for it? I could create a wikipedia for the player and everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

If I send Miles an e-mail saying I'm some Vanarama League player and I want to test the game early due to my extensive knowledge of non-league Football. Do you think he will fall for it? I could create a wikipedia for the player and everything.

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

Anyone got his e-mail address? :hammer:

betawillnotarrivetoday@milesontwitter.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

If I send Miles an e-mail saying I'm some Vanarama League player and I want to test the game early due to my extensive knowledge of non-league Football. Do you think he will fall for it? I could create a wikipedia for the player and everything.

I can see how that would work - it's not like Miles has access to a database containing the name of every footballer in every league...

Oh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, andu1 said:

there are 69 players playing FM 2018 and the game was last updated 1 hour ago.. according to steam DB.

Most likely the alpha testers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dundees manager has been sacked/released, email miles and you may see a nuclear meltdown worst then Chernobill :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sacked manager doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Only takes me one click on FM Editor :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nuno Dias said:

Dundees manager has been sacked/released, email miles and you may see a nuclear meltdown worst then Chernobill :)

Don't you mean Dundee United? There is more than one club in Dundee. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two weeks ago, for the first time ever I've bought FM before release as I couldn't wait. Absolutely torturing myself here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

A sacked manager doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Only takes me one click on FM Editor :thup:

Not that simple. It means that if they want to include it, they have to recompile the database (several hours at least) and then re-test it to make sure everything's okay. I would imagine they simply don't bother doing it for the beta given it's a single manager in a relatively garbage league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CFuller said:

Don't you mean Dundee United? There is more than one club in Dundee. :)

Ouch, sorry about that, i used to love to play the scotish league but haven't in a long time, didn't remember that :)

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFan said:

A sacked manager doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. Only takes me one click on FM Editor :thup:

Yeah, i know, but see Miles Tweet yesterday after Koeman got Sacked ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate's cousin's girlfriend's neighbour's nephew's hairdresser's son's postman's grandson has got the beta already...He says it's not very good

Edited by MoxeysTheName

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Don't you mean Dundee United? There is more than one club in Dundee. :)

Even though they're only 100 yards away from each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard it direct from one of the Alpha testers the Beta should be released before 6pm tonight. Miles has contacted all the popular youtubers/streamers to give them notice as well!

 

The sackings aren't a big issue at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something interesting, the 'packages' relating to each region FM's available in were updated starting from about 20 minutes ago... is it only a matter of time now?

(source: https://steamdb.info/app/624090/subs/

Edited by Walshieboy750

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

We believe you, Mr. One-post new-account.

Thought I would share my knowledge, dont usually do the 'forum' thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...