[FM18]The Full Scottish Pyramid (inc. Juniors) - now completed!

Back again for another year! :)

Instead of doing 2 different DBs this time, I've put all my efforts into one real-life DB going all the way down to the bottom of the junior ranks. Also, it always annoyed me playing in the Lowland League with no real players when the Highland League had full squads...so I've been watching various games and working with some of the clubs to make real squad lists this season! A huge thank you is owed to the SLFL's media man Michael Park, as well as representatives from Cumbernauld Colts, Edusport Academy, Uni of Stirling and BSC Glasgow for their help with this.

Here's a brief change list:

• Addition of all leagues in the SFA pyramid, as well as the SJFA ranks underneath and relevant cups
  • Lowland Squads added to complement the Highland League's detail level
  • Managers added at all playable levels
  • Cups corrected to work as they do IRL, with the Scottish Cup and Irn-Bru Cup seeing changes
  • Graphics pack for logos (all teams and leagues) available
  • Working playoffs at every level (including the seperate strands of the SJFA)
  • *PENDING* Junior league reconstruction after season 2017/18, as will happen in real life

This saw over 10k downloads last year, hoping to get even better this time around. :onmehead:

FM4.thumb.png.1d9650f6c219fbaac3722853367d9b7f.pngFM5.thumb.png.c9c87012af00fcc9970ad2896566c3b6.png

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Download links:

Logopack (version 1) now available!

Database (Steam link)

Database (FM Scout link)

Structure:

FM1.thumb.png.4f1514e4821b3057dc8708e122560996.png

FM2.thumb.png.ae6f8104526930535d39203e08e19ca2.png

FM3.thumb.png.9e05c6739b1e0d03095f4d3ff988d50d.png

Competition Explainer:

Some things that you need to know about these new competitions...

1) The winners of the Alba and Alex Jack cups meet in the Shield game. Winning this guarantees a Scottish Cup place

2) Winning the top Junior league in each region (any Level 1) or the Junior Cup guarantees a Scottish Cup place

3) Some clubs automatically qualify for the Scottish Cup regardless of performance by virtue of being licensed (achieving a minimum SFA standard) - Banks O’Dee, Linlithgow Rose, Girvan and others benefit from this

Full(ish) Change List:

Coming soon...

Cracking idea as always m8,the english equivalent of this always seems very popular when it comes along.I tend to use the scottish file at times myself but like you say the "fake" players takes the realism away from it all in fairness..

Depending how this pans out i may have a crack at it with my local side Larkhall Thistle...Any chance of some kits for them at all?

Keep up the good work m8 i for one wiil be keeping an eye on this!!!

5 hours ago, Magika80 said:

Cracking idea as always m8,the english equivalent of this always seems very popular when it comes along.I tend to use the scottish file at times myself but like you say the "fake" players takes the realism away from it all in fairness..

Depending how this pans out i may have a crack at it with my local side Larkhall Thistle...Any chance of some kits for them at all?

Keep up the good work m8 i for one wiil be keeping an eye on this!!!

Sure I'll be able to make some kits up for you as and when the DB is sorted! :thup:

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Oooohhh, magnificent! Yes, I really enjoyed your work last year - can't wait for this. I hope against hope that this one will be compatible with the Level 23 English file; if not I'll be having it anyway  :thup::thup:

I'm hoping it will. Learnt a lot about merging and using multiple files last year, hopefully it should be compatible with most other custom DBs.

1 hour ago, cel1234 said:

Great news on Lowland Leagues squads can't we actually get them into the game.

SI asked a couple of years ago according to the Scottish researcher, but didn't get any success. The League have been nothing short of brilliant with me though, really helpful. Fingers crossed it'll happen for FM19.

I use this every year its superb.  Must remember to amend the "allow B team to be promoted" before i start a save this year.. doh! (i had a b team for rangers and they are stuck in the EoS league)

I love seeing people creating whole league structure from the bottom. Even though I probably won't use your file in my savegame - I'm impressed because I know from creating polish lower leagues how time consuming and frustrating this can be. KUTGW ! :applause::applause:

9 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

I love you @Morrissey

Shucks! :lol: Cheers pal.

5 hours ago, cel1234 said:

I think SI should give you job as Scottish Lowland League HR then we will have Lowland League in FM maybe in winter update.

I guess it depends if enough people care about this level...the proof will be in the download numbers. I'd happily help out if asked though.

Just now, Wavelberry said:

One question I do have is about reputations etc. Last year Wick were expected to win the title and nothing I did with rep etc or chairman seemed to get that expectation down and given how average they are atm...

Funnily enough, I have a fix for that...

I can use the expectations part of the Highland League in the DB to try and balance it out. However, make some decent signings and it'll put the pressure on! I suspect Cove will be well ahead strength-wise mind you.

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

Funnily enough, I have a fix for that...

I can use the expectations part of the Highland League in the DB to try and balance it out. However, make some decent signings and it'll put the pressure on! I suspect Cove will be well ahead strength-wise mind you.

Good-o and I won't be making any signings. It's not the Wavelberry Wick Way.

On 26/10/2017 at 19:05, Morrissey said:

Shucks! :lol: Cheers pal.

I guess it depends if enough people care about this level...the proof will be in the download numbers. I'd happily help out if asked though.

Ask them mate everyone likes a scottish game.

2 minutes ago, Ivs said:

@Morrissey are you planning to adapt the kits created once the new template will be available?

I was, but then had a nosey at FM-View and saw they have already made the Highland, Lowland and EoS kits using their FB template...it looks great IMO! Think I'll just use those (assuming they make the juniors again like last season).

2 minutes ago, Ivs said:

Oh, understood. Yeah, FB kitmakers create lots of scottish shirts every season, so you have the chance to save time

I mean, if there was demand for the standard ones I'd get round to them at some point.

Time is the main factor though, lots of advanced editing involved with this file (as well as adding players), then my 2nd project I'm planning is a Catalan DB...

Unfortunately I'm a FM Touch player, so I'm not able to appreciate your superb work, but I really liked to use your standard kits the last two seasons you created them.

Anyway I perfectly understood your project priorities, so don't worry.

Keep up the good work!

18 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

Also will you be adding the North Caledonian League?

Not sure either way - it would slot in easily below the Highland, but would also be kind of useless having a 10 game season with no promotion or relegation for an FM season. I'll definitely add the detail for the clubs though!

3 hours ago, oche balboa said:

Great work. Sadly due to the RL problems with having a Pyramid this cannot be epic with getting a side from Central Division 2 to the SPL 

Oh well, Still its fantastic work, I'm doing a fantasy Scotland Version. 

It's the fantasy version with a route from the very depths all the way up the pyramid that I need.

On 19/10/2017 at 18:34, Morrissey said:

Back again for another year! :)

Instead of doing 2 different DBs this time, I've put all my efforts into one real-life DB going all the way down to the bottom of the junior ranks. Also, it always annoyed me playing in the Lowland League with no real players when the Highland League had full squads...so I've been watching various games and working with some of the clubs to make real squad lists this season! A huge thank you is owed to the SLFL's media man Michael Park, as well as representatives from Cumbernauld Colts, Edusport Academy, Uni of Stirling and BSC Glasgow for their help with this.

I'll add more info as we get closer to the release, but here's a brief change list:

• Addition of all leagues in the SFA pyramid, as well as the SJFA ranks underneath and relevant cups
  • Lowland Squads added to complement the Highland League's detail level
  • Managers added at all playable levels
  • Cups corrected to work as they do IRL, mainly the Scottish Cup seeing changes
  • Graphics pack for logos (all teams and leagues), and kits (Highland, Lowland and a few others)
  • Working playoffs at every level (including the seperate strands of the SJFA)
  • *PENDING* Junior league reconstruction after season 2017/18, as will happen in real life

This saw over 10k downloads last year, hoping to get even better this time around. :onmehead:

FM4.thumb.png.1d9650f6c219fbaac3722853367d9b7f.pngFM5.thumb.png.c9c87012af00fcc9970ad2896566c3b6.png

This is ready for full play on fm18 when it's released on the 10th? Fantastic stuff be screaming out for this!! Being Scottish I love the idea of taking my local junior side job and either leading them to glory or starting at a real life level and then becoming Scotland manager. Thanks 

On 20.10.2017 at 16:20, phnompenhandy said:

Oooohhh, magnificent! Yes, I really enjoyed your work last year - can't wait for this. I hope against hope that this one will be compatible with the Level 23 English file; if not I'll be having it anyway  :thup::thup:

I'm sharing this hope. The english and scottish files are making lots of fun and I really enjoy them. Looking forward it :) 

11 hours ago, SixPointer said:

This is ready for full play on fm18 when it's released on the 10th? Fantastic stuff be screaming out for this!! Being Scottish I love the idea of taking my local junior side job and either leading them to glory or starting at a real life level and then becoming Scotland manager. Thanks 

I’ll have it (the first version at least) ready to download next Saturday at some point...can’t wait to get a hold of the editor!

58 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I’ll have it (the first version at least) ready to download next Saturday at some point...can’t wait to get a hold of the editor!

Amazing work @Morrissey.

I'll be sure to lead people to your database if anyone asks for Scottish full pyramid.  

Right folks, opinions needed...

There are very strong rumours going around (spoken about on BBC Radio Scotland yesterday) that Rangers and Celtic will have B teams accepted into the pyramid from next season - looking like the Lowland League would be their destination, given that 16 teams make up the league compared to the Highland's 18.

When I'm sorting the league reconstruction for season 2018/19, do I go ahead and put the old firm colts into the Lowland as well, or wait for something official to be announced?

Tell you what, unless confirmed I’ll make a separate file including them and a promotion route from the juniors to the seniors, best of both worlds!

Agree on the point that it’s a bad idea, but it is inevitable unfortunately (next season or later).

On 11/5/2017 at 14:58, Morrissey said:

Right folks, opinions needed...

There are very strong rumours going around (spoken about on BBC Radio Scotland yesterday) that Rangers and Celtic will have B teams accepted into the pyramid from next season - looking like the Lowland League would be their destination, given that 16 teams make up the league compared to the Highland's 18.

When I'm sorting the league reconstruction for season 2018/19, do I go ahead and put the old firm colts into the Lowland as well, or wait for something official to be announced?

I do that with Rangers/Cambursang Rangers anyway... saves me an edit :p

5 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Tell you what, unless confirmed I’ll make a separate file including them and a promotion route from the juniors to the seniors, best of both worlds!

Agree on the point that it’s a bad idea, but it is inevitable unfortunately (next season or later).

Probably the best bet as I will want to live in a world without the B teams. I bet this is Malky's fault.

• SI Staff

Looking forward to playing with this. Will be starting a Gala Fairydean save. Top work Morrissey.

And looking forward to B-Teams being part of the pyramid. Will be great for young player development if they do it properly.

Archived