football federation actions

itay.bing

the football federations should take some actions that influence the football world of the country.

some options:

changes of the league structure (rare)

subsiding youth departments (many lower rep teams gain an improve of their youth facilities and junior coaching.increases the amount of regens from lower rep teams)

changes to the league registrations,such as u21\23 years old in the squad and foreign players allowed

a campaign to increase football awareness in the country(increases the average attendance and football importance in the country)

a national sports excellence center (star youth players are generated as if they were generated in a club with top youth recruitment and junior coaching)

a general overhaul in the nation's youth production process (changes national youth level)

a "support the national team" campaign (if they do good the youth rating and football impotence are improved and vice versa)

deciding on a playing philosophy the national teams should follow   

and so on.

the federations will have rating in the following categories:

innovation (how likely are they to make changes)

ambition

focus on the national team

focus on the league status

focus on grassroots and amateur levels

focus on finances (tv rights, national team attendance\merchandising\prize money, lobbying and making connection with government officails)  

and resources.

club owners will have a say on such changes, and they will try to make sure a candidate with matching ambitions to theirs will be appointed as head of the federation. if your club owner really trusts you he may ask you what's your opinion on something ("do you think the team will be more successful if more foreign players will be allowed?" and then "should i protest the decision to not allow more foreign players?"). the club owners can protest the actions of the federation, which might make the HOF back off or be replaced in the next elections. if you are a national manager,specifically if you and your home country have a better reputation than the team your'e managing, you will have a direct approach to the head of the federation, and you may ask him to take some of the actions stated above,in a similar manner to board requests. good suggestions will improve your reputation and make you an idol in the country,bad ones will put the federation in financial troubles and will make you a persona non grante in the country.

any thoughts?

i see where your'e coming from,forget the fancy league registration and candidate stuff. if iceland of 1990 had a youth rating of 8 and now they are at 100,or belgium of 2000 vs now, there is no reason why an ambitious FA in FM won't be able to pull of something similar if they have the knowledge, resources and will. a new staff member available only for national teams that will function as a DOF will dictate under the hood changes, available to read on the news,and an attribute (say "football culture advising" but better named) will determine changes in the youth rating of the country,as well as league reputation,football importance,funding of youth departments and coaching courses, and building of new stadiums. you may be asked to do the same job for some obscure national team,obviously while managing them. the social media thing will help you understand how well is the DOF doing ("i don't know about that guy,think i'll still send my kid to the local basketball team" "the new campaign really got me to reconsider my retirement,and i am happy to say i have re-signed for my local team! wish us luck in the 87th bulgarian division this season!").     

• 1 month later...

Archived