[Suggestione] No more "stars" for the players

thoro

Hi, I think the "stars" method to review the players is negative. I remember when in the past games, the only reference to evaluating players was the technical, mental and physical values. the stars are a limit because you already know what a player may be in advance, but you lose all the fun. It would be nice to be able to bring a well-prepared player with good values from the smallest series to the apex but if this player has 2 stars of evaluation, at some levels will never be up to the situation. but in reality we see that some players underestimated for a long time, in the right environment, with the right tactics and with the right coach can become a fundamental member of a team and also of the national team. (see the case of Papu Gomez of Atalanta for example). I hope I have been clear and I apologize in advance for my ugly English

You would alienate half of the player base which would mean FM 2019 would sell half as many copies, no way SI would do that.

Not all of us are football aficionados, when FM was still called Championship Manager all there was was stats and stats and stats, no stars, and it was amazing for people who lived and breathed football but was completely unapproachable to casual players like myself who love the game but are not savvy to all of it's ins and outs.  That's why I played Premier Manager and Ultimate Soccer Manager instead, they were awful and about as much of a simulation of football as sticking your hand in a toaster, but they were open to anybody and you didn't need a degree in Office Excel to play them.

Also I think SI have did great things with the stars system recently, especially in FM17, you no longer have a scout take one look at a player and get a solid star rating and no longer does that star rating stay the same for very long, it's more variable than ever, you really need to extensively scout a player to get a decent rating and then if he fumbles in his first couple of games that 4-stars you bought him for can drop to two as your coaching staff discover that he is poor and their manager's judgement is as bad

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the OP it would be great, but also unlikely to happen.

OP there are usually mods to remove stars, although sadly the columns are still sortable.

I might get round to installing one this year, it might be the only way to cure my incessant need to sell everyone 3 star or below. In the old CM/FMs it was great when you had a player to either didn't have good reports or good attributes but just played great for you all the time. The visible star ratings make it much harder to keep hold of these players as you are constantly being bombarded with the idea they aren't good enough.

• 1 month later...

Archived