[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

1 hour ago, Howie8217 said:

Just thinking out loud. If you do what you need to do could you just verify it in basic rule then play on holiday mode see if it works that way? It will s very strange the way it playing up iv dun many custom leagues all ok be for. I remember on this one with your database some of the leagues didn’t change when I tried to adjust them. Got a feeling the editor has a bug maybe that why it’s jot working if if if it dose and we report it to SI how long is it u know befor thy address the problem 

Tried doing that first time because it verified in basic rules then i got the crash dump on season update day 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I think I'll just start from scratch, when I get to the problem levels then I can run a test save, it might just all come down to me using a FM17 file and changing it over

As you are doing a new start, would you consider doing incremental availability?  Say at level 10 release a file then at level 12 etc??

Just now, Howie8217 said:

dont fine level 10 good fun using one now. But can enjoy it had my heart set on level 22 looked forward to this fm but disappointed so far shame they couldn’t have all leagues there ready especially now ppl like LLM

Time, money, research, its not that simple.

16 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

oww ye get tha but SI have the resources it shouldn’t cost to much as it non league 

it is not cost.

To get every player from every league is highly time consuming and not every team would have a researcher available.  

They may look to include the Regional Premier Divisions in the future, but going lower than that is not really to be expected from SI

40 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

oww ye get tha but SI have the resources it shouldn’t cost to much as it non league 

They can't. Because people will expect the teams to be correct in terms of player and staff names and right ability ratings for each of their backyard superstars.

In a fan-made db this doesn't matter. At least you get to play your team, even if it's not with the right players, but if it's in the game it "has" to be "correct".

So they'd have to scout all players in each league, rate them and then figure out ways to make sure the whole thing is balanced.

This is pretty much impossible. As much as I like LLM - especially this one down to lvl 22. There's a point where the leagues are pretty much the same in terms of ability, that's why it's so easy to gain back to back to back promotions in the lowest tears. The stats for the players at lvl 15 are the same as the ones for lvl 22. I found that even the league reputation gets out of whack, where their rankings are not in order.

I only mean the teams not players that would be a lot of work. I like level 22 coz I like to start from bottom with nothing no money no stadium well ok 500 cap level 22 you can do that. Level 15 you couldn’t really. Well you could but will take ages to progress. I like the thought off 22 leagues. I did one with the welsh leagues to level 13 but it not the same I prefer the English league I tried to do it last nite but find the English league hard with the sub-league 

4 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

I only mean the teams not players that would be a lot of work. I like level 22 coz I like to start from bottom with nothing no money no stadium well ok 500 cap level 22 you can do that. Level 15 you couldn’t really. Well you could but will take ages to progress. I like the thought off 22 leagues. I did one with the welsh leagues to level 13 but it not the same I prefer the English league I tried to do it last nite but find the English league hard with the sub-league 

SI would not just add leagues with the right teams and not add players as well.  They have a reputation of having a database so accurate it is used by professional teams(including Premier League) teams to scout players. 

On 30/11/2017 at 13:13, Dan BHTFC said:

Level 9 done, just have to sort out all the latitudes and longitudes of the stadiums in Level 9 so theres no strange movements, slowly but surely!

Would you release the database at the half way point perhaps, like level 13? Some people won't go much lower so I was just wondering if there is any possibility of it being released when you're halfway through?? 

12 minutes ago, Boycey11 said:

Would you release the database at the half way point perhaps, like level 13? Some people won't go much lower so I was just wondering if there is any possibility of it being released when you're halfway through?? 

On 11/30/2017 at 05:17, Dan BHTFC said:

As there is already a Level 10 I might bring out a Level 12 one just to be different. I have a little bit of extra time on my hands next week but if I go quiet on here it means I still don't know when the release will be.

16 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

Hi dan how u do? Just wondering how you getting on with the file? 

Been working so not spent a lot of time on the database but it's going to be at least the start of January for a Level 12 release

Hey dan just thinking out loud, could you do the leagues try test verify nd hope it works which I reacon it would with out Doc ng the longitude and but if it don’t work with the longitude then do them? If it works then it would save you hell ov a lot of time it may be worth ago like I sed if it dose work save you time

1 minute ago, Howie8217 said:

Hey dan just thinking out loud, could you do the leagues try test verify nd hope it works which I reacon it would with out Doc ng the longitude and but if it don’t work with the longitude then do them? If it works then it would save you hell ov a lot of time it may be worth ago like I sed if it dose work save you time

Doing that gives the possibility of team ending up in the wrong leagues which would be unrealistic

19 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

Just let Dan do it his way bud. Have a little patience, it'll be worth it in the end

26 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

I’ve added made up teams not doing the longitude and that had no problems I was just trying to save him time trying to help. Defo wait next year to see if the level 22 works better n fm19 befor I buy it lol

Dan's is not a half arsed job.  So let him do it right without silly suggestions that would detract from his work. 

It’s not a silly suggestion. It’s just a suggestion any ways there is no garrante that it’ll work that why I sed that. In all my years doing mixed leagues and so on iv never come across a problem like this what if WHT IF he spends time doing all this for it not to work there is that possibility 

1 minute ago, Howie8217 said:

It’s not a silly suggestion. It’s just a suggestion any ways there is no garrante that it’ll work that why I sed that. In all my years doing mixed leagues and so on iv never come across a problem like this what if WHT IF he spends time doing all this for it not to work there is that possibility 

Yes there is that possibility but if I can find out which leagues it is, and there are 2 possibilities, then I know for any more databases I create

For bigger projects it could be worth to add city/stadiums in a separate file and than use a copy of it to add clubs, kits, etc. That way you can load city/stadiums from the original file into a new project.

Hey Dan. Been keeping up to date with your progress for fm18. Keep going mate and I personally appreciate your efforts. Cheers 

I have a quick question regarding the fm17 database. if its ok to ask here. Or anyone else if they can answer. Currently worked my way up to level 9 and going well in the fa vase . As you play at Wembley in the final of the FA Vase. Do we get it televised with a bit of Tv Revenue from this fixture? 

Cheers 

29 minutes ago, rufnek1980 said:

Hey Dan. Been keeping up to date with your progress for fm18. Keep going mate and I personally appreciate your efforts. Cheers 

I have a quick question regarding the fm17 database. if its ok to ask here. Or anyone else if they can answer. Currently worked my way up to level 9 and going well in the fa vase . As you play at Wembley in the final of the FA Vase. Do we get it televised with a bit of Tv Revenue from this fixture? 

Cheers 

The FA vase is not televised so no revenue there.  FA trophy is not either sadly

4 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Actually it is as it's on the same day as the Trophy but I have no idea what the TV revenue is.

Must be recent then as I know when Gosport Borough got to the FA Trophy final 2-3 years ago, it was not on TV as I was bummed due to not being able to attend the game. 

4 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Last 2 years, it's called Non-League Finals day, it's the reason why the FA Vase and Trophy are played on the same day, I just think it's so the FA save money on stewarding!

What Channel was it on?

15 hours ago, lionel messi said:

you get no tv revenue but you get 20,000 for losing or you get 50,000 for winning, thats how it is setup in my database as in real life.

Yeah I got that too, just hoping for a little extra in tv money if it was at Wembley. I dont live in the UK anymore so not so sure what lower league fixtures are televised but I am sure a fair few years back the vase or trophy (cant remember which one) was on sky tv ( my memory may have got it wrong though)  Which is what prompted me to ask the question. anyway cheers for all the responces. 

On 07/12/2017 at 17:46, Dan BHTFC said:

Getting on with Level 11 pretty quick at the moment, it's surprising how many teams SI have added to the database compared to 2 years ago

Does this mean that there could be a earlier release than January for level 12? Or will testing take time and the cups? No rush mate, and have a good Christmas!

Archived