[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, I think I've cracked it. Pruned my squad down to 28, will have to accept there isn't a right-back in the world (of Sussex) available to me. This bunch of reprobates will see us through to the end of the season.

Also have to accept that without time to train, no one is ever reasonably match-fit, and with jobs and real lives to take priority, no one is in any sense consistent. For one glorious 90-minute segment, everything clicked and we won 8-0, only to lose 1-5 at home the next week. This is fine.

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Right, I think I've cracked it. Pruned my squad down to 28, will have to accept there isn't a right-back in the world (of Sussex) available to me. This bunch of reprobates will see us through to the end of the season.

Also have to accept that without time to train, no one is ever reasonably match-fit, and with jobs and real lives to take priority, no one is in any sense consistent. For one glorious 90-minute segment, everything clicked and we won 8-0, only to lose 1-5 at home the next week. This is fine.

Think I'm ready to start my Fairwarp save, not sure whether to stick to rigid transfer rules by only bringing in realistic players from local clubs or do Youth only

1 minute ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Think I'm ready to start my Fairwarp save, not sure whether to stick to rigid transfer rules by only bringing in realistic players from local clubs or do Youth only

Yeah, I've discovered it's too easy to recruit. What I'll do is go youth academy only once the first intake arrives. Most of my recruits are in their late 30s and will disappear soon enough - hopefully not before doing a little tutoring.

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Just about to start my fairwarp save.

I started mine yesterday , great fun. Absolutely gutted to not win every game. Unbeaten but drew a game in the league which spoiled a perfect record.

I also love the fact the prize money is realistic , in the previous years you would enter about 8 cups every year and the prize money was like 10k for winning each. Was far too easy to keep a tight ship because of that. 

Oh, so four of us start our careers at the same time - how brilliant!

I'm in late November and have just hit the top of the table. Lost 3 league games and a couple of cup ties early doors as I struggled to find the right personnel and system. Squad now down to a bare 24, but they are gelling, so results should improve.

5 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Just about to start my fairwarp save.

I was having a great career with your 10-level file, but work commitments caused me to abandon it in February and I deleted the whole FM18. Now just recently work has eased off and since Dan's file (which is my main career every year) was ready, I've come over here. Want to thank you for your excellent work - it was a very enjoyable, glitch-free save.  :thup:

I'm struggling in my save, decided to keep it Youth only (which I'm now regretting!) and I'm bottom half in October, I think I will look at buying players from at most 2 levels above us and only being from local teams

5 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I'm struggling in my save, decided to keep it Youth only (which I'm now regretting!) and I'm bottom half in October, I think I will look at buying players from at most 2 levels above us and only being from local teams

Well I was bottom half in October too. I takes time for you to know your players and them to know your system. I hit the top just as I got knocked out of the last cup, leaving a run-in with matches every 2-3 weeks. This turns out to be very important as my squad is being gutted - vultures have just pinched my captain and vice-captain, and my best player, leaving my midfield completely gutted! I'm in December now with 20 players left and am going to stagger on until the youth intake, but i don't expect any kids to help me limp over the line. This is going to be squeaky-bum stuff!

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Well I was bottom half in October too. I takes time for you to know your players and them to know your system. I hit the top just as I got knocked out of the last cup, leaving a run-in with matches every 2-3 weeks. This turns out to be very important as my squad is being gutted - vultures have just pinched my captain and vice-captain, and my best player, leaving my midfield completely gutted! I'm in December now with 20 players left and am going to stagger on until the youth intake, but i don't expect any kids to help me limp over the line. This is going to be squeaky-bum stuff!

Nobody poached any of my players yet but I guess they will soon, still unbeaten into November.

I also started with Fairwarp, and just finished my first season. Won everything. I do make transfers, also when they are not that realistic. ;)

Good luck everyone.

3 minutes ago, Bartrcm said:

I also started with Fairwarp, and just finished my first season. Won everything. I do make transfers, also when they are not that realistic. ;)

Good luck everyone.

That can include staff. I decided to get rid of a data analyst and scout 'cos they were unrealistic, but i couldn't resist hiring a coach who managed Reading over 20 years ago!

2 hours ago, qwertygod said:

I forget how slow this runs. If this is the same as previous years then it will only get slower as a horde of useless players get generated which bloats the database 

It is slow but you can turn levels off as you make your way up the leagues.

54 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

It is slow but you can turn levels off as you make your way up the leagues.

True that but you need to get to about level 10-11 for that to make a difference. Remember for levels 14-22 its mostly just single divisions in the mid sussex league that are playable.

Title secured with 2 games to go. Started modestly but gradually got stronger as the season progressed. Kept my training on 'cohesion' all season.

Struggled to fend off vultures offering cash money to my boys whenever anyone hits a bit of form. Spend a lot of time setting up friendlies to keep players match fit and assess incomers - brought in over 40 across the season; currently have a squad of 25 (four academy youths due to be released). Can't keep older boys who just want to play every match and I can't offer them that. Exhausting way to manage, but great!

Fairwarp_L22_winners.jpg

Hi sorry if its a stupid quesiton but after 3 "try" i dont want to restart a game with your amazing database for nothing.

Everything is fine with the last "file" ? Which one i should take ?

I want to put Fariwarp in Champions League ^^

ps: sry for my english, iam french.

Ha ha, I'm not one to attend matches other than my own, but I couldn't resist World Cup Quarter-Final, England v Germany. Predictable outcome, as per.

I don't know how people race through seasons quickly. I'm not referring to the processing, but the work I have to put in as a manager 7 days a week. A lot of effort is required to keep my squad together; in the close season I lost all my good staff and my six mid-30s warhorses have all announced retirement plans. This will therefore be a season of transition at the end of which my most senior players bar Nikki Bull the goalkeeper will be 23. Most of my time is dedicated to preparing the kids to step up. My exhaustive personal scouting uncovered a secret treasure trove of academy kids down the road at Uckfield, so I nicked 4 of them. Had to promise them first team status, but these 16 year-olds are better then anything I had left, so I'm hopeful.

14 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ha ha, I'm not one to attend matches other than my own, but I couldn't resist World Cup Quarter-Final, England v Germany. Predictable outcome, as per.

I don't know how people race through seasons quickly. I'm not referring to the processing, but the work I have to put in as a manager 7 days a week. A lot of effort is required to keep my squad together; in the close season I lost all my good staff and my six mid-30s warhorses have all announced retirement plans. This will therefore be a season of transition at the end of which my most senior players bar Nikki Bull the goalkeeper will be 23. Most of my time is dedicated to preparing the kids to step up. My exhaustive personal scouting uncovered a secret treasure trove of academy kids down the road at Uckfield, so I nicked 4 of them. Had to promise them first team status, but these 16 year-olds are better then anything I had left, so I'm hopeful.

The pics of fairwarp n d players are amazing how did u do it makes it look so much better thank you.

2 hours ago, Pa FM said:

The pics of fairwarp n d players are amazing how did u do it makes it look so much better thank you.

The players are just from the sortitoutsi megapack. I got the logo, "stadium" and "city" pictures from the Fairwarp FC website or from googling 'Fairwarp'/images.     I actually messed up and have the logo where the village pic should be and vice versa. Can't fix it so just left it.

I'm certainly no graphics wizz. When I watched that World Cup match i was amazed to see the dynamic adboards. Completely forgotten I'd installed them since you don't get a lot of that around the playing fields of Uck.

On 28/04/2018 at 13:03, Dan BHTFC said:

First post updated

Dan, you're an 'effing legend. Haven't checked back here for a while, but congrats on getting this DB sorted! Thanks for your hard work and effort, buddy :)

Hi guys !

First of all, a huge thank to Dan for his amazing work ! 

I've got a question : i downloaded the update on Fmscout yesterday and i was wondering if it was the last update, without any bug ? Because it's written on Fmscout that the update was added 11/04 and I don't know if it's the last one.

Thank you and sorry if my english was not perfect, I'm french !

Il 14/5/2018 in 08:32 , phnompenhandy ha scritto:

Title secured with 2 games to go. Started modestly but gradually got stronger as the season progressed. Kept my training on 'cohesion' all season.

Struggled to fend off vultures offering cash money to my boys whenever anyone hits a bit of form. Spend a lot of time setting up friendlies to keep players match fit and assess incomers - brought in over 40 across the season; currently have a squad of 25 (four academy youths due to be released). Can't keep older boys who just want to play every match and I can't offer them that. Exhausting way to manage, but great!

Fairwarp_L22_winners.jpg

beautifulbeautiful skin. Could you tell me where I can download team logos and names and skin for players and leagues? Thanks in advanceThanks in advanceme whereThanks in advance

Il 14/5/2018 in 08:32 , phnompenhandy ha scritto:

Fairwarp_L22_winners.jpg

beautiful skin, could you tell me where I can download team logos and names where it is possible for players and leagues? Thanks in advance

1 minute ago, agizzu said:

beautifulbeautiful skin. Could you tell me where I can download team logos and names and skin for players and leagues? Thanks in advanceThanks in advanceme whereThanks in advance

Thanks. I got the Fairwarp logo off the internet and put a copy in a post on the last page. 

Player pics are from the sortitoutsi site. Skin is 'Andromeda' which you can only get off their Facebook site. Find their page and become a friend.

1 hour ago, .KaZe. said:

Hi guys !

First of all, a huge thank to Dan for his amazing work ! 

I've got a question : i downloaded the update on Fmscout yesterday and i was wondering if it was the last update, without any bug ? Because it's written on Fmscout that the update was added 11/04 and I don't know if it's the last one.

Thank you and sorry if my english was not perfect, I'm french !

Safest option is to download Dan's link in the first post of this thread. It will be the most recent one and should be bug-free.

I only wish I could play this file on my mobile too like a sync it to pc/laptop that would be ace. I could play it at work as well hahaha. I don’t think I’ll bother with FM19 I’m happy with tuis file. If this works for 19 or a level 22 out for it I may do. But wish I would work on mobile also 😭😭😂😂

Hi Guys, quick question, I want to start in Level 11 with a team in the Essex Olympian League but do you know what league that would promote me to in level 10 as there doesn't seem to be another Essex league until level 9. Does this mean I cannot get promoted above level 11? Many Thanks, and brilliant work as always Dan 

17 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

What is the attraction to Fairwarp anyhoo? am I missing something?

They are the lowest playable team in the English Pyramid

8 hours ago, Torres.Goal said:

Hi Guys, quick question, I want to start in Level 11 with a team in the Essex Olympian League but do you know what league that would promote me to in level 10 as there doesn't seem to be another Essex league until level 9. Does this mean I cannot get promoted above level 11? Many Thanks, and brilliant work as always Dan 

You're right, I'm afraid - no promotion from that division.

Awesome work Dan. I'm impressed by the dedication you have to getting this database up and running.

I don't have a super computer so I'm not going all the way down to L22, but I settled with an L13 team called Herstmonceux Fc. I thought it would be fun to get a French sounding name into the Premier League. The town also quite small which is also what i wanted. 

I started signing 4-5 players at the start of the season to give myself a chance for promotion which I got twice in a row. The problem is the poaching of players. I can't keep a team together for more than half a season. But I guess that's not really abnormal at amateur level. 

Enjoying the save though. Starting my 3rd season now. 

10 hours ago, craigd84 said:

What is the attraction to Fairwarp anyhoo? am I missing something?

With a club reputation of 1, and at LEAST ten years away from being able to offer any players or staff even a part-time wage, and a minimum of 21 years away from the Premier League (assuming you get promotion every single season), it's the ultimate FM challenge.

34 minutes ago, fmonit said:

Awesome work Dan. I'm impressed by the dedication you have to getting this database up and running.

I don't have a super computer so I'm not going all the way down to L22, but I settled with an L13 team called Herstmonceux Fc. I thought it would be fun to get a French sounding name into the Premier League. The town also quite small which is also what i wanted. 

I started signing 4-5 players at the start of the season to give myself a chance for promotion which I got twice in a row. The problem is the poaching of players. I can't keep a team together for more than half a season. But I guess that's not really abnormal at amateur level. 

Enjoying the save though. Starting my 3rd season now. 

Heh, I've just now lost my goalkeeper/captain and am left with a 17-year old between the sticks with no back-up. However, I think if you're now at Level 11 you might be close to going semi-pro and can give binding contracts. Your club is currently at L12 and semi-pro in my save although the players are all on non-contract and amateur terms whilst the manager is on a contract. Maybe you just need to ask - and keep asking!

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

With a club reputation of 1, and at LEAST ten years away from being able to offer any players or staff even a part-time wage, and a minimum of 21 years away from the Premier League (assuming you get promotion every single season), it's the ultimate FM challenge.

Youth only would be torture. 

Archived