[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

As an analyst by job role, it would make sense to do a structured testing bed. 

Start at say lvl 12 and run 3-5 tests and see if they all perform the same results (i.e. fixtures produced)

then add lvl 13 and do the same

Hopefully at some point the offending lvl will become prevalent and a further process of elimination can begin.  

It is level 12/13 promotion/relagasion on the 2020/21 season the problem starts. If level 12 not playable on that season the file works just fine I did a 7 season test save with no problem. Must be one ov the new leagues. We’ll get there I’m being optimistic this file will work for FM19 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

It is level 12/13 promotion/relagasion on the 2020/21 season the problem starts. If level 12 not playable on that season the file works just fine I did a 7 season test save with no problem. Must be one ov the new leagues. We’ll get there I’m being optimistic this file will work for FM19 

Have you run the test multiple times to verify the results?

Just cause you got one clean run for seven seasons does not confirm it

23 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

I've removed the Somerset lower league, can send someone the file to test at about midnight as my computer isn't powerful enough to do it quick!

fling it my way as i can run it overnight or all day and report back

Just started a test run now.

Using a new file @Dan BHTFC has sent to me.  I am doing full 22 levels active with no other leagues/data files active.  Using a small database but adding players to teams in options.  That will help speed things up while trying to keep it realistic enough. 

I can monitor from work visa my tablet so will periodically check in.  Plus I am on a half day today so can hopefully have a decent run done by the time I get home at around 1pm UK time.

Quick update for you all.

First season completed and fixtures for season 2 looking good. 

Just a pointer for @Dan BHTFC Willand Rovers in the Western League and Willand XI in the Devon and Exeter Division 7 should have their affiliation reversed as Willand XI is set as senior.

Same for CB Hounslow United and CB Hounslow United 5th as the 5th are set as senior.

4 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Quick update for you all.

First season completed and fixtures for season 2 looking good. 

Just a pointer for @Dan BHTFC Willand Rovers in the Western League and Willand XI in the Devon and Exeter Division 7 should have their affiliation reversed as Willand XI is set as senior.

Same for CB Hounslow United and CB Hounslow United 5th as the 5th are set as senior.

Can change them if this file works after 4 seasons!

3 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Can change them if this file works after 4 seasons!

don't know if it is just me as I am watching the game process or not, but the second season does seem slower

Second season definitely took much longer to run for some reason

Not long completed and it has created the fixtures as expected once more.

Going to do an overnighter now and see where we are when I wake up 

11 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Second season definitely took much longer to run for some reason

Not long completed and it has created the fixtures as expected once more.

Going to do an overnighter now and see where we are when I wake up 

Thanks for this buddy

Think I just spotted the main reason for the severe slowdown in processing.

Game start had approx 18,000 players

By end of third season, there are now 112,000 :eek:

Ok, so got through 4 seasons and it all looks good.  No missing fixtures as far as I could see. 

Aside from the mentioned affiliations there are a couple of minor niggles that most likely can't be fixed. 

1) Some slightly odd divisional movements which theoretically could happen but seem slightly inconsistent. i.e. Fareham Town were promoted from the Wessex league to the Bostik League while neighbours(5 miles apart) Gosport Borough were in the Evo Stick South League.  This one could happen though as other near neighbour Havant and Waterlooville were last year promoted from the Bostik League to the Vanarama South.  Plus the teams relegated from the Evo Stick League were not Wessex League teams anyway. But when Gosport were relegated in the game from the Evo Stick South Premier, they went to the Division 1 West, while in real life, they would most likely end up in the East using real life history as a basis. But again, it is not out of the realms of possibility. 

2) FA Cup matches at non-league level seem to generate too higher attendances. Looking at a few teams over the seasons, the attendances in the qualifying rounds were around double the normal league number. When I cross checked against a league sides attendances in the early proper rounds, they were more consistent, although one did strike me slightly odd.  Portsmouth had ties at home against non-league sides in the first and second rounds one year and got around 8-9,000 fans in(maybe too low??), but then only got the same for a home tie against Burton Albion that were still a league ahead of them. 

So, I think this might be a working version that @Dan BHTFC could release very soon. 

2 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Ok, so got through 4 seasons and it all looks good.  No missing fixtures as far as I could see. 

Aside from the mentioned affiliations there are a couple of minor niggles that most likely can't be fixed. 

1) Some slightly odd divisional movements which theoretically could happen but seem slightly inconsistent. i.e. Fareham Town were promoted from the Wessex league to the Bostik League while neighbours(5 miles apart) Gosport Borough were in the Evo Stick South League.  This one could happen though as other near neighbour Havant and Waterlooville were last year promoted from the Bostik League to the Vanarama South.  Plus the teams relegated from the Evo Stick League were not Wessex League teams anyway. But when Gosport were relegated in the game from the Evo Stick South Premier, they went to the Division 1 West, while in real life, they would most likely end up in the East using real life history as a basis. But again, it is not out of the realms of possibility. 

2) FA Cup matches at non-league level seem to generate too higher attendances. Looking at a few teams over the seasons, the attendances in the qualifying rounds were around double the normal league number. When I cross checked against a league sides attendances in the early proper rounds, they were more consistent, although one did strike me slightly odd.  Portsmouth had ties at home against non-league sides in the first and second rounds one year and got around 8-9,000 fans in(maybe too low??), but then only got the same for a home tie against Burton Albion that were still a league ahead of them. 

So, I think this might be a working version that @Dan BHTFC could release very soon. 

Excellent news!

I will sort out the affiliation problems

24 minutes ago, Dan BHTFC said:

The FA Cup has always been a problem in edited files, I've tried lowering the reputation but the early rounds still have higher attendances

Thought this one would be a tough one to fix. 

I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere in the thread (I couldn't find anything in a search) but what does the "Advance Rules" file do?  I tried to start a game with both files but it failed so I just started with the database file but I am concerned I will have issues

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm sorry if this was posted somewhere in the thread (I couldn't find anything in a search) but what does the "Advance Rules" file do?  I tried to start a game with both files but it failed so I just started with the database file but I am concerned I will have issues

Just use the Advance Rule file as thats the new one I tested that works

Hi can I overwrite fairwarp in create a club mode or with the in game editor.also if I get promoted to level 21 mid Sussex should I remove level 22 would that help with the processing keep removing as I gain promotions thanks all

4 hours ago, Pa FM said:

Hi can I overwrite fairwarp in create a club mode or with the in game editor.also if I get promoted to level 21 mid Sussex should I remove level 22 would that help with the processing keep removing as I gain promotions thanks all

Not sure about the create a club, but I always keep the division below active and remove anything lower.  So get promoted twice and then start removing leagues.  

But that's my playstyle no reason you can't try that way you mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Not sure about the create a club, but I always keep the division below active and remove anything lower.  So get promoted twice and then start removing leagues.  

But that's my playstyle no reason you can't try that way you mentioned. 

Pompeyboyz that’s the way I play it same as you. 

And to pa fm I believe round a bout to the county league to level 22 won’t have much difference to process the game plus as you go on more player generate I.e first season u may have 15,000 players second u may have 21,000 for example 

Ye it dose. Hopefully this file will work now and I’ll ready it for FM19 (I give comp money to each round of the cups like £10 £15 so on. So it gives smaller clubs a chance). I’ll need to make some changes when FM19 comes out I can do that my self unless we have similar issues but if I read a few post rite no issues now on 3/4 season fixtures still generate 

15 hours ago, Pa FM said:

Thanks lads does the in game editor work with dans database cheers.

Yes it does. It's easy enough to change the name of Fairwarp to a bespoke name (see my profile). Best to keep the location the same so you go into the correct leagues on promotion. I fill the squad with 15 year old kids from the database.

8 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

Am I rite in thinking that this file now works? And the fixtures generate past the 3/4 season?

I ran a test to season 4 and all good.  After that cannot say

On 01/05/2018 at 16:44, Pompeyboyz said:

I ran a test to season 4 and all good.  After that cannot say

I’ll do a holiday save for next 4 nights will probably get to 7/10 seasons. I’ll remove two lowest divisions every 2/3 seasons

Hi all done 8 seasons and drum 🥁 roll ..... 👍. All good so far. Think we may have FINALLY found the problem that was. This file will definitely work on FM19 (will need a few tweaks should be easy enough). Dan thanks again for you work glad we found the problem 👍🙌

6 minutes ago, Howie8217 said:

Hi all done 8 seasons and drum 🥁 roll ..... 👍. All good so far. Think we may have FINALLY found the problem that was. This file will definitely work on FM19 (will need a few tweaks should be easy enough). Dan thanks again for you work glad we found the problem 👍🙌

Don't say it will definitely work in FM19

We do not yet know if there will be significant changes to the Database that could wreck a file. 

9 hours ago, Howie8217 said:

I've just reinstalled FM18 after 4 months, to get stuck into Dan's excellent work. Just to be clear, Howie, exactly which version of the file are you using, and what - if any - tweaks have you made?  :)

I’m using the advance file I’m sure it called. No not changed anything. I’ll tweak it in September ready for FM19.

as for FM19 it’ll work coz the problem that was has fixed now. Ok some teams will be gone but that easy to add team or put teams in I’ll use welsh teams from my area amateur team. 

Other thing we could do is check in sep that the real life divisions are same as game and check teams (I’ll be happy to do that) then IF there is a league missing remove it in game be for FM19 release. Bob your uncle.

this file will work on 19.

i can’t explain why it will I just know it will, like I said the problem that was is now fix and no more.

problem 1. Start season 2 game went off dan fixed it.

problem 2. No fix in season 4 and a few others dan has fix it. 

Took a while but we got there.

Just so you are aware though @Howie8217 there is a big shake up from level 7 down starting next season.  

No longer 3 Premier Divisions but 4 and that will filter down through the levels to where other leagues will filter into. 

So this file @Dan BHTFC has done will need a lot of work to correct it

I forgot bout that, but if IF this file works I’ll do a test save and advance save all that then I’ll just use this file if not then I’ll wait. But hopefully dan will do a level 22 by just adding what need doing to this file. I only play FM for the level 22

Il 17/10/2017 in 12:54 , Dan BHTFC ha scritto:

Yes, it's that time of year again. After a busy and eventful last few months of my life I have decided to keep myself busy and do this massive database again, maybe with added leagues... these will be listed below with NEW next to them when I get around to adding them

Playable leagues so far will be:

Level 1

Premier League

Level 2

Championship

Level 3

League 1

Level 4

League 2

Level 5

Conference Premier

Level 6

Conference North

Conference South

Level 7

Isthmian Premier

Southern Premier

Northern Premier

Level 8

Isthmian Division 1 North

Isthmian Division 1 South

Southern League Division 1 East

Southern League Division 1 West

Northern Premier Division 1 North

Northern Premier Division 1 South

Level 9

Combined Counties League Premier

Eastern Counties League Premier

Essex Senior League

Hellenic League Premier

Midland Football League Premier

Northern Counties East League Premier

Northern League Division One

North West Counties League Premier

Southern Counties East League

Spartan South Midlands League Premier

Southern Combination League Premier Division

Southern Counties East League Premier

United Counties League Premier

Wessex League Premier

Western League Premier

Level 10

Combined Counties League Division One

Eastern Counties League Division One

East Midlands Counties League

Hellenic League Division One East

Hellenic League Division One West

Midland Football League Division One

Northern Counties East League Division One

Northern League Division Two

North West Counties League Division One

South West Peninsula League Premier Division

Spartan South Midlands League Division One

Southern Combination League Division One

Southern Counties East League Division One

United Counties League Division One

Wessex League Division One

Western League Division One

West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division

Level 11

Anglian Combination Premier Division

Essex Olympian Football League Premier Division

Kent County Football League Premier Division

Hampshire Premier League Premier Division

Humber Premier League Premier Division

Liverpool County Premier League Premier Division

Southern Combination League Division Two

South West Peninsula League Division One East

South West Peninsula League Division One West

Surrey Elite Intermediate Football League

West Cheshire League Division One

Middlesex County Football League Premier Division

Manchester Football League Premier Division

Leicestershire Senior League Premier Division

Cheshire Football League Premier Division

West Lancashire Football League Premier Division

Northern Football Alliance Premier Division

Wearside Football League

Midland Football League Division Two

Gloucestershire County Football League

Bedfordshire County Football League Premier Division

Essex & Suffolk Border Football League Premier Division

Dorset Premier League

Wiltshire Football League *NEW*

Lincolnshire Football League *NEW*

Nottinghamshire Senior League Premier Division *NEW*

Somerset County League Premier Division *NEW*

Peterborough & District Football League Premier Division *NEW*

Level 12

Mid-Sussex League Premier Division

Brighton, Worthing & District Football League Premier Division

West Sussex Football League Premier Division

East Sussex Football League Premier Division

Hampshire Premier League Division One

Surrey County Intermediate League (Western) Premier

Surrey South Eastern Combination Intermediate Division One

Anglian Combination Division One

Liverpool County Premier League Division One

Middlesex County Football League Division One (Central & East)

Middlesex County Football League Division One (West)

Manchester Football League Division One

Leicestershire Senior League Championship

Cheshire Football League Division One

West Lancashire Football League First Division

Northern Football Alliance First Division

Midland Football League Division Three

Gloucestershire Northern Senior League Division One

Bedfordshire County Football League Division One

Essex & Suffolk Border Football League Division One

Dorset Football League Senior Division

Portsmouth Saturday Football League Premier Division

Kent County Football League Division One Central & East

Kent County Football League Division One West

Devon & Exeter League Premier Division *NEW*

Bristol Combination League Premier Division *NEW*

Plymouth & West Devon League Premier Division *NEW*

Cornwall Combination League *NEW*

East Cornwall League Premier Division *NEW*

Nottinghamshire Senior League Division One *NEW*

Somerset County League Division One East *NEW*

Somerset County League Division One West *NEW*

Essex Olympian Football League Division One *NEW*

Level 13

Mid-Sussex League Championship

Brighton, Worthing & District League Division One

West Sussex Football League Championship North

West Sussex Football League Championship South

East Sussex Football League Division One

Surrey County Intermediate League (Western) Division One

Surrey South Eastern Combination Intermediate Division Two

Liverpool County Premier League Division Two

Middlesex County Football League Division Two

Cheshire Football League Division Two

West Lancashire Football League Second Division

Northern Football Alliance Second Division

Gloucestershire Northern Senior League Division Two

Dorset Football League Division One

North Leicestershire League Premier Division

Portsmouth Saturday Football League Division One

Kent County Football League Division Two Central & East

Kent County Football League Division Two West

Devon & Exeter League Division One *NEW*

Bristol Combination League Premier One *NEW*

Plymouth & West Devon League Division One *NEW*

Trelawny League Premier Division *NEW*

East Cornwall League Division One *NEW*

Nottinghamshire Senior League Division Two *NEW*

Somerset County League Division Two *NEW*

Southampton Saturday League Premier Division *NEW*

Level 14

Mid-Sussex League Division One

Brighton, Worthing & District League Division Two

West Sussex Football League Division Two North

West Sussex Football League Division Two South

East Sussex Football League Division Two

Surrey South Eastern Combination Junior Division One

Middlesex County Football League Combination

North Leicestershire League Division One

Kent County Football League Division Three Central & East

Kent County Football League Division Three West

Devon & Exeter League Division Two *NEW*

Plymouth & West Devon League Division Two *NEW*

Trelawny League Division One *NEW*

Duchy League Premier Division *NEW*

Southampton Saturday League Senior Division One *NEW*

Bristol & District League Senior Division *NEW*

Level 15

Mid-Sussex League Division Two

East Sussex Football League Division Three

West Sussex Football League Division Three North

West Sussex Football League Division Three South

Surrey South Eastern Combination Junior Division Two

North Leicestershire League Division Two

Devon & Exeter League Division Three *NEW*

Plymouth & West Devon League Division Three *NEW*

Trelawny League Division Two *NEW*

Duchy League Division One *NEW*

Southampton Saturday League Junior Division One *NEW*

Bristol & District League Division One *NEW*

Level 16

Mid-Sussex League Division Three

East Sussex Football League Division Four

West Sussex Football League Division Four North

West Sussex Football League Division Four South

Surrey South Eastern Combination Junior Division Three

Devon & Exeter League Division Four *NEW*

Trelawny League Division Three *NEW*

Duchy League Division Two *NEW*

Level 17

Mid-Sussex League Division Four

East Sussex Football League Division Five

West Sussex Football League Division Five North

West Sussex Football League Division Five South

Surrey South Eastern Combination Junior Division Four

Devon & Exeter League Division Five *NEW*

Duchy League Division Three *NEW*

Level 18

Mid-Sussex League Division Five

Surrey South Eastern Combination Junior Division Five *NEW*

Devon & Exeter League Division Six *NEW*

Isles of Scilly Football League *NEW* (Not part of the Pyramid)

Level 19

Mid-Sussex League Division Six

Devon & Exeter League Division Seven *NEW*

Level 20

Mid-Sussex League Division Seven

Level 21

Mid-Sussex League Division Eight

Level 22

Mid-Sussex League Division Nine

LINKS:

*ADVANCE RULES NEWEST LINK*

E22 - England to Level 22 NEW 1.0.fmf

E22 ADVANCE RULES.fmf

if you download the new "advance rules" file you should not have any problems?
After downloading it, do I have to start a new game?
But above all I have to delete the previous file or overlap?
Thanks for any answers

4 hours ago, agizzu said:

if you download the new "advance rules" file you should not have any problems?
After downloading it, do I have to start a new game?
But above all I have to delete the previous file or overlap?
Thanks for any answers

Correct to all questions.

I'm really getting into my Fairwarp campaign. Loving the hapless, hopeless quality of the football! My simple tactic is to get as many bodies as possible behind the ball and lump it up to the lone forward and wait for a defensive error. Good theory, but my defenders are making more mistakes and my striker is useless. My penalty-taker is the goalkeeper (he missed).

It's the first time I've been fully amateur. Losing good players is a pain but it's great that I can instantly get rid of any player who starts to undermine me.

Weirdest thing happened though. First day my assman offered to set up first team v reserves. I agreed and fired him to get a better assman. When the game commenced, I had 11 men on the pitch; the opposition (reserves) put out FOUR. No greys. What was that about???? 

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Yeah, amateur score too, 13-0 :onmehead:

Maybe it was the superior mind games you played during the pregame press conference where you suggested your club may be vulnerable to the ol' 4-0-0 with no keeper formation.

1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

Maybe it was the superior mind games you played during the pregame press conference where you suggested your club may be vulnerable to the ol' 4-0-0 with no keeper formation.

With no keeper the score would've been in triple figures! No, the "non-assman" put out a keeper, 2 defenders and a striker in full-back position. Very strange.

Anybody finding with a club reputation of 1 some implausible players rocking up? I have 3 players I've actually heard of.

First up rocked goalkeeper Nikki Bull - did he have a cup run with Aldershot back in the day?

Then a striker managed to sign whilst on international duty in the Carribean - Moses Ashikodi. He seems to have played for 20 clubs in a 20-year career, so I don't suppose he'll stay long.

And now I've got a former Premier League star in the form of 40-year old Lee Hendrie.

All playing for sh*ts-n-giggles. Very odd indeed. To be fair, they all play like fat blokes in pub teams.

urbandictionary.com/define Fairwarp

A really isolated village, that no one has heard of. Full of people past retirement age and small children, Fairwarp is encompassed by the famous Ashdown Forest. Somewhere between Uckfield and Crowborough... But no one seems to know exactly where... Fairwarp is often branded with the demeaning term "hamlet", which is incorrect. Fairwarp boasts its own pub, church, village hall and park... And err... That's it...
Fairwarp, where the hell is that?

Love it!  :D

Here's the "city" background and the "stadium" - and logo

Fairwarp_village.jpg

Fairwarp.jpg

2062003474.png

1 minute ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Welcome to Sussex!

Thanks! Been Googling the area from here in Cambodia - got a bit of a 'This Country' vibe :)

I grew up in NE Essex, lived long time in Devon&Cornwall and my spiritual home is the Highlands & Islands of Scotland. Never really got to know Sussex - beautiful.

Must be why every man with his dog wants to come to Fairwarp. Had a revolving door these first few months: 34 in, 22 out and counting. Currently overloaded with ol' warhorses in their 30s since there's no way of developing kids. Hopefully I'll find a settled squad and tactic for a second half of the season surge.

Archived