[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

10 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

So was that 18 straight promotions before hitting a bump? I expect you'll storm the division next time around though.

I've re-started this career three times now partly because I get bored with the lack of competition. This time I used the editor to put all my players on CA1 and they still win every game.

Yep, straight up to League1.  I'll try to storm through, but the boss cut our wage budget by 20%.  Some sugar-daddy, huh?

In past years I re-started so many times.  I don't think I ever got higher than level 10 or 12.  Not this time though.  I'm on a mission.  Not going to stop until I win the EPL + Champions League.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just wanted to post that I managed to get my Exmouth town team into conference south over 7 seasons the proper way however again as seen in some posts before my stadium didn't meet requirements and have to share torquays until its built however im 250k in debt now, wage budget for all seasons have only been able to attract £300 pw players whereas Basingstoke a division below me for example are paying 2.4k a week on some players, what can I do to improve this??? I don't use data editor do it all the proper way as love a challenge but the fact many teams have much better quality of players due to this than me and they are 1 or 2 divisions below me yet I cant sign these types of players.

45 minutes ago, ChampHolic2018 said:

just wanted to post that I managed to get my Exmouth town team into conference south over 7 seasons the proper way however again as seen in some posts before my stadium didn't meet requirements and have to share torquays until its built however im 250k in debt now, wage budget for all seasons have only been able to attract £300 pw players whereas Basingstoke a division below me for example are paying 2.4k a week on some players, what can I do to improve this??? I don't use data editor do it all the proper way as love a challenge but the fact many teams have much better quality of players due to this than me and they are 1 or 2 divisions below me yet I cant sign these types of players.

This has always been a problem for me as well.  I think it has to do with reputation more than anything else

Phnompenhandy could probably speak much more to this, he has done a lot of reputation experimentation if I recall correctly.

1 hour ago, Theodlard said:

This has always been a problem for me as well.  I think it has to do with reputation more than anything else

Phnompenhandy could probably speak much more to this, he has done a lot of reputation experimentation if I recall correctly.

I have yeh, but this is quite realistic. The National divisions are a hotch-potch of ex-league teams, long-standing upper-lower league teams (if that makes sense!) and jonny-come-latelys, some taking the sugar daddy shortcut and some doing it the proper way. Isn't it Billericay who got taken over by a mad coke-snorting rich guy who brought in ex-league players on fat wages and then suddenly abandoned the project last week cos he got stopped by the police? Real life can be madder than FM at that level.

Champs gotta just be patient and keep plugging away.  With the AI being so poor at squad-building, he'll eventually find himself with a better squad than the moneybag rivals and move forward anyway.

1 hour ago, Theodlard said:

Specifically on the reputation thing in Dan's file: Teams that get promoted and relegated below Level 6 get a massive rep boost. So, for example, you get promoted from L22 to L21. in the second season 6 clubs will have rep c50 and 4 including you will be nearer 200. It doesn't make as much difference as you'd think although it does mean it is common for many clubs, not just you, to get a string of promotions every year. It might have helped Champ's Exmouth rise so quickly, but now he's hit the L6 glass ceiling where the playing field is more level.

Not long for FM19 now yippee. I’m so hoping this file will work on FM19 I’ll most probably need to change a for little things. 

Dan a little question for you. Guys don’t start with abuse I’m just wondering. Anyways dan hi lol, have you started the file or you waiting for FM19? Be ace if you doing file now ready for new game. I’m hoping this file will work (unless dan all ready stating the file) 

6 hours ago, Howie8217 said:

Not long for FM19 now yippee. I’m so hoping this file will work on FM19 I’ll most probably need to change a for little things. 

Dan a little question for you. Guys don’t start with abuse I’m just wondering. Anyways dan hi lol, have you started the file or you waiting for FM19? Be ace if you doing file now ready for new game. I’m hoping this file will work (unless dan all ready stating the file) 

I don't think he will be able to do the file yet without the editor.

Many thanks for the replies I guess I will just have to wait for the odd 1 or 2 players that may regen that will play for peanut wage :), on the up side I just stayed up in my first season with Exmouth in the conference south so will keep posted on how I do although with the increase in debt I think only a takeover is likely to help me at this moment in time so fingers crossed will happen.

I also find I score many goals but concede way too many I guess that's another part of being in the division I'm in though I guess, just out of interest what's the best formation for these levels?? as the one I'm using has got me 4 promotions so can't complain but still too leaky in defence.

Check and see how you are leaking goals.  I ran into an issue with everyone just bombing long balls over my defense.  A simple change to how my back line was playing shored things up nicely.  Sometimes a tweak or two will make a huge difference.

I must admit Ive managed to make 400k off friendlies and im joint top in my 2nd season in this division so things looking better right now and conceded very little for first time in a while, it must just of been that one player that was ruining me also I think the amount of friendlies helped a lot gel the new players together much more.

On 12/09/2018 at 03:27, phnompenhandy said:

Specifically on the reputation thing in Dan's file: Teams that get promoted and relegated below Level 6 get a massive rep boost. So, for example, you get promoted from L22 to L21. in the second season 6 clubs will have rep c50 and 4 including you will be nearer 200. It doesn't make as much difference as you'd think although it does mean it is common for many clubs, not just you, to get a string of promotions every year. It might have helped Champ's Exmouth rise so quickly, but now he's hit the L6 glass ceiling where the playing field is more level.

Don't forget that FM out of the box is designed to level 6, so the official database will cover reputation accurately to down to that level. Other databases will depend on how they are created, if the editor can cover reputation increases and decreases down the leagues.

On 12/09/2018 at 19:55, lionel messi said:

I don't think he will be able to do the file yet without the editor.

You can use current file just change the leagues that need changing l. I’d be happy to have a pop, but I’ll just a little to advance for me. I’m gunna try and use this file on FM19 will need to change a few things but if it works I’ll keep this file

On 11/09/2018 at 21:27, phnompenhandy said:

I've done a lot of monitoring my own team's rep over several saves and this is what I've noticed:

When starting in L22 with rep 1, a promotion sets you at about 250 rep.  This only happens the first promotion, you gain nothing for subsequent promotions until you reach much higher levels (maybe L8 or L9?).  You will still gain small amounts of rep for winning matches, so over time you can increase rep slowly.

If you start in a slightly higher level and get relegated, you'll end up with about 750 rep.  I gained no more rep (from promotions or wins) until I hit the higher levels.

If you look at some of the teams which advance levels rapidly, they usually had a relegation first.  A season or two after that, they start shooting up the levels.  If you look around at the tables for the various divisions, you can probably identify these teams as the ones with near perfect records and large goal differentials.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I thought this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone know of a custom database for FM18 which includes the non-league restructure and the new divisions at level 7 & 8? I always buy FM a year behind the release since it's cheaper and the bugs have been ironed out. I plan to make one myself but the play-offs look mighty complicated!

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:31, Howie8217 said:

You can use current file just change the leagues that need changing l. I’d be happy to have a pop, but I’ll just a little to advance for me. I’m gunna try and use this file on FM19 will need to change a few things but if it works I’ll keep this file

I very much doubt it will work, you usually have to edit all the data into the current version of the editor, the file is usually messed up if you try to use it on a current version of the game.

16 hours ago, toiletfootball said:

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I thought this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone know of a custom database for FM18 which includes the non-league restructure and the new divisions at level 7 & 8? I always buy FM a year behind the release since it's cheaper and the bugs have been ironed out. I plan to make one myself but the play-offs look mighty complicated!

No one has done one yet and won't for FM18. lionel messi (the poster above this post) made one for 2017-18 season down to level10. It's very good - I was using it before this one was ready. For the new structure you'll have to wait.

Took some time off to recharge, but back at it now.  Second season of League1 results:

image.thumb.png.7b79f42588777d50056cd197a3ec100e.png

Won the league.  Whew!  Had a great 1st half, but went through an extended downturn in the second half of the season and dropped as low as 3rd.  Needed to micromanage everything to turn things around and climb back from 3rd to 1st.  We got hot at the right time and managed to avoid any major injuries and had a run of wins at the end of the season to grab and maintain 1st position with 4 matches left.

The board increased our wage budget by 50% but decreased our transfer budget by half.  I also made a stupid promise when re-signing my GK (projected Premier League talent!) that I would make the Championship playoffs this coming season.  At least I got promoted to Championship, so there's a chance I can keep that promise.

A single announcement before I slip away quietly for a while. After downloading a dodgy adware wiping program which kept crashing my laptop, in my attempts to fix the problem I inadvertently reset the whole computer. I found myself with Windows 8.1 (I bought it with Windows 10 installed) and nothing else. It took me 3 days to reinstall Windows 10 and get rid of all the bloatware, and all the other programs I'd lost, then reinstall my backed up files. In the end, I'd really lost only one thing - all my FM18 work. Of course, I could reinstall the game via Steam and get all the graphics and the rest without any hassle,  and redownload Dan's file - but what's gone is the hundreds of hours I spent customising the file in the editor to make it real for me. I haven't got the heart to go through all of it again, so I'll drop out until FM19 arrives, or wait longer until Dan's FM16 L22 file is ready. I'll still be dipping in and following people's progress in this thread, but for the most part I'll be absent. Good luck to all of you still enjoying your careers here, and see you next year!

:ackter:    :Bowen:

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

A single announcement before I slip away quietly for a while. After downloading a dodgy adware wiping program which kept crashing my laptop, in my attempts to fix the problem I inadvertently reset the whole computer. I found myself with Windows 8.1 (I bought it with Windows 10 installed) and nothing else. It took me 3 days to reinstall Windows 10 and get rid of all the bloatware, and all the other programs I'd lost, then reinstall my backed up files. In the end, I'd really lost only one thing - all my FM18 work. Of course, I could reinstall the game via Steam and get all the graphics and the rest without any hassle,  and redownload Dan's file - but what's gone is the hundreds of hours I spent customising the file in the editor to make it real for me. I haven't got the heart to go through all of it again, so I'll drop out until FM19 arrives, or wait longer until Dan's FM16 L22 file is ready. I'll still be dipping in and following people's progress in this thread, but for the most part I'll be absent. Good luck to all of you still enjoying your careers here, and see you next year!

:ackter:    :Bowen:

That's awful.  I think I would have to go on sabbatical to the Himalayas and find a guru to study meditation under for a few years until I could come back and look at my PC without crying.

1 hour ago, jwchriste said:

That's awful.  I think I would have to go on sabbatical to the Himalayas and find a guru to study meditation under for a few years until I could come back and look at my PC without crying.

Before I was phnompenhandy I was posting under another name from Kathmandu, so been there done that! Never go back, eh. Except back to the future with FM19, natch. Good luck with conquering Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

No posts for a week and half?  This thread going stale?  Everyone waiting for FM19 + L22 database?

Meanwhile, I've made progress:

championship_table.thumb.png.a7e099627b2e73d622f7c22beef9d250.png

Couldn't win the league. Actually, Brighton was well ahead of everyone and kind of collapsed after they locked up the trophy.  K&H was in a battle for the second automatic promotion spot with Fulham.  With 6 matches left, K&H were sitting third, 2 pts behind Fulham thanks to two straight losses.  After some inspired motivational speeches - pre-game, half-time, team meetings - K&H were able to run the table the final six matches and Fulham was gracious enough to lose one of their matches.  Narrowly avoided playoffs.

Now that we're going to the Premier League, we need a new home.  "The Pub" isn't up to snuff.  Here's what we get:

new_stadium.thumb.png.28ed46931b0f1dda376ef90f0b436378.png

Named after your's truly.  I actually don't like my name on the stadium.  It's cumbersome.  I liked "The Pub" better.  An additional bonus:  No debt needed to build it.  Thank you, Sugar Daddy!  For my first EPL season, I'll be sharing a stadium with my promotion counterparts Brighton & Hove Albion while the new digs are being built.

New wage budget is 9x the old one.  New transfer budget is 44x the old one.  I'm still the smallest club in the league, but I don't even know what to do with all this money!

On 27/09/2018 at 05:02, phnompenhandy said:

Aaaarrrgghhhh!!!! Cold Turkey a week already - or is it four weeks? Can't cope. Redownloading the game. Fairwarp, here I come  :idiot:

Are you doing the full custom database again, or just starting with @Dan BHTFC's stock database?

14 hours ago, jwchriste said:

Are you doing the full custom database again, or just starting with @Dan BHTFC's stock database?

I haven't recreated my league with European and British clubs; I've gone with Dan's and only edited it to account for this season's promotions and relegations down to L7 along with transfers and managerial changes at the top levels.

I also begin by making life hard for myself by immediately releasing half my inherited squad, so I've got 22 players (with a number bound to desert before the academy intake arrives). I've got an assman but no other staff until someone spots my adverts. My second league game indicated I have a bit of a challenge on my hands - I contrived to throw away a 5-1 lead with 30 minutes to go - finished a remarkable 6-6. Nevertheless, I don't think you can't not get promoted at these levels despite my best efforts.

I'm still only in October as I'm working full time now and starting a huge new business, so progress will be slow to haphazard. I'll report in when I get to the end of the season.

Wales just offered me the job as their international manager.  Anybody have any experience with international management?  I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.  It is my first season in the PL after all.  Should I do it?

Edit:  Never mind.  I turned it down.  International management isn't one of my goals for this save.

On 07/10/2018 at 00:26, jwchriste said:

New wage budget is 9x the old one.  New transfer budget is 44x the old one.  I'm still the smallest club in the league, but I don't even know what to do with all this money!

I'll have it please. :)

8 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

You've only played three games.

Yes, but it is quite a shock to the system after dominating so many seasons.  I went on to set a new K&H record for winless streak at 10 (0-2-8) before I won my first match.

Struggles aside, I'm actually enjoying the game much more now that I have to pay attention to opposition tactics.  I suck at it, but I have little successes here and there.

image.png.dbda6dea222f917c616c95ac40f4abe8.png

On 12/10/2018 at 05:54, jwchriste said:

Yes, but it is quite a shock to the system after dominating so many seasons.  I went on to set a new K&H record for winless streak at 10 (0-2-8) before I won my first match.

Struggles aside, I'm actually enjoying the game much more now that I have to pay attention to opposition tactics.  I suck at it, but I have little successes here and there.

image.png.dbda6dea222f917c616c95ac40f4abe8.png

At least you can say that you are the best team in Sussex now!

First year in the PL and I was involved in the match to determine the league champion.  Unfortunately, that just means that the last game of the season I got drubbed 6-2 by ManU so they could claim the crown.

However, I did manage to stay up.  And I did beat ManU in our first meeting.

image.thumb.png.b3327c2bbb785051c5048bf89bf375c7.png

I managed to hit some sort of form in the second half where I didn't lose quite as much and made it as high as 16th with a 10-point cushion with 6 matches left.  I then proceeded to lose 5 of 6.  But, the clubs below me sucked just as bad and couldn't take advantage so I survived.

Board is doubling the wage budget and 1.5x the transfer budget for next season.  I'm going to need it because I haven't been getting any decent players through the youth intake.

Been planning on doing a similar thing to this hence not bought the beta yet as im awaiting the full version with editor.

that being said a lot of work is already done here so just wondering will I be able to edit this in the new fm19 editor ?

all I need to do is change the new format of the new divisions added at levels 7 and 8 alongside a missing leagues ( Central midlands league from levels 11 and 12 http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Index.do?league=1854955 , the Midland & Notts amateur alliance levels 14-16 http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Index.do?league=424752584 , and Midland Regional alliance from levels 13 -14 http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/Index.do?league=9398729 )

Second year of PL football:

image.thumb.png.e2f59938dec18622211db01ae3d03cca.png

18 point improvement!  Made a tactical change 1/3 of the way in and it took a bit for the boys to get familiar, but they showed steady improvement throughout the second half.  League-winners ManCity only lost 5 matches, but guess which team accounted for two of them?:  K&H - 5-0 & 2-0.  That was awesome.  Almost made Europa League group play outright, but:

image.thumb.png.cd08ed8eb58028cc4bca7350d73b0cab.png

Completely unexpected. I didn't even know that winning the EFL cup would get you into the Europa League qualifiers until I saw a news item right before the final match.  Won the final 2-1 in extra time over Arsenal.  Nice.  Next season will be exciting. 

Wage budget remains the same, but the transfer budget increased by 25%.  I don't want to upset the chemistry of the current club.  They're still pretty young and could only benefit from playing together for a few more seasons.  I'll look for economical/free upgrades and avoid any expensive investments for the next season.

Archived