Sports Interactive Community
Dan BHTFC

[FM18] E22 - England to Level 22

Unless there is some magical formula that's in play, surely the points per game is as simple as most points :idiot:

@Dan BHTFC if you swapped the points per game to just most points, would that make the super play offs easier to build??

49 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Unless there is some magical formula that's in play, surely the points per game is as simple as most points :idiot:

@Dan BHTFC if you swapped the points per game to just most points, would that make the super play offs easier to build??

I  strongly doubt it but it's secondary as the editor won't allow the basic starting requirement anyway, i.e. not promoting all play-off winners. The reason and PPG are details which complicate it further (a lot) but are later details and not the only issue.

For the record the Regional Premier is completely possible to recreate. So step 4 is the only problem. 

Edited by D_LO_

3 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

There's not always the same number of teams in those league is there?

1 hour ago, Spurs08 said:

There's not always the same number of teams in those league is there?

Yeah there is, this is step 4 that's being talked about (presumably otherwise the rest wouldn't make sense). Excel spreadsheet on previous page with teams in the 7 divisions, it's all equal. 

Rothesay_Bay_L21_2019.jpg

Second season finally done and dusted after delays due to the World Cup in the real world. With a settled squad and tactic that is overwhelmingly dominant at this level, I’m a bit miffed not to finish with a perfect record.  My one draw and cupset loss was to the same team who happen to be our closest rivals, who got promoted with us last season and have again this season after hassling us for 5 competitive matches, so they’ll continue to follow us around like a bad smell.

I do need to work out a solution to a repeated problem. When bad weather wipes out all the February fixtures, even though I arrange friendlies to keep the boys fit, they’re always rusty on their return and we crash out of cup semi-finals. Hmm, what’s the answer?

Only a couple of my academy kids were worth retaining, and I’m still looking for decent centre-backs and full-backs (they have pace but nothing else), but I can afford to wait 2 or 3 – or even 6 or 7 years without my current ones’ limitations affecting us. The reason is my one simplistic tactic is just too ridiculously good. I now have 8 strikers in my 31-man squad all with pace/acceleration of 11+. They are all short, weak, cowardly and a dim, but none of that matters when 3 of them are charging down a through ball past a pair of lumbering centre backs. There’s always a short pass and shot into an empty net on. Managers at this level don’t think to press or drop deep. I wonder how long I’ll get away with it.

Oh you beautiful taxpayers! This should see me sweet for about 15 seasons

Rothesay_Bay_new_stadium_plans.jpg

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Oh you beautiful taxpayers! This should see me sweet for about 15 seasons

Rothesay_Bay_new_stadium_plans.jpg

Nice.  Since the database starts K&H (and most teams it seems) with 1000 capacity stadiums, I didn't want my board to build a new one too soon so I edited Adastra Park to make it brand new - gave it a "build date" of 2017.  I think I meant to increase the expansion capacity as well but forgot.  Hopefully, by the time I'm 20 years in, a 5000 seat stadium will still be sufficient.  If not, at least it will be a challenge to overcome.

Fun note:  I also changed the name of the stadium to "The Pub" (I thought it suited the club logo) and gave the club a nickname - "The Misfits."  So my supporters can go down to The Pub and cheer on The Misfits.

3 hours ago, jwchriste said:

Fun note:  I also changed the name of the stadium to "The Pub" (I thought it suited the club logo) and gave the club a nickname - "The Misfits."  So my supporters can go down to The Pub and cheer on The Misfits.

That's why we love the editor. Nice one!!

I don't know why my "stadium" had a capacity of 50 - I didn't touch that part. Still, I dare say the board will find me another piece of waste-ground to play on over the next 2 years. Then, a 5000 capacity stadium should take me to League Two and an increase to 7400 up to the Championship, maybe.

Update: over the close season a smattering of my squad have chosen to move onto pastures new, leaving me a little threadbare in a couple of positions. If I lose any more I might have to reduce training to minimise the risk of injuries. Really bummed to lose my top striker, but that's why I have heavy cover up top. All my 'senior' players have moved on - presumably they need to start earning money to support families; now my oldest players are currently 18 years old!

Finished L16:

image.thumb.png.50efd1fa310c1583d711656e501fa22f.png

The only loss was the Mid Sussex Senior Cup Semi-Final to Crawley Panthers.  We had to match up with them again for Edgar German Challenge Cup Final where we trailed 0-1 until we finally broke through in the 93rd minute in stoppage time, then proceeded to outscore them in extra time to win 3-2 in a nail-biter.

C&M were promoted with me again.  Between league matches and cups, I've played a lot of matches against them the last few seasons.  I'm surprised they haven't become a competitive rival.  I don't currently have any rivals.  K&H must be like Switzerland.

4 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

C&M were promoted with me again.  Between league matches and cups, I've played a lot of matches against them the last few seasons.  I'm surprised they haven't become a competitive rival.  I don't currently have any rivals. 

You'd think Hassocks (sans Keymer) would be a local rival. You could add them with the IGE.

I have my version of C&M. Promoted behind me every season and we meet in every cup competition.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 09:28, phnompenhandy said:

Yes, that's the dilemma. You want to tie your best players down, but you'll inevitably give out more and more contracts to keep your best players, causing your balance to go chronically into the red. First time you have to make tough decisions in your career! Remember of course, the increased training will make a salient difference to your more professional players, including youths.

I am not losing as much money as I expected, its staying around the 50000 to 60000 at the moment. I have managed to replace some of the players that left but they are not as good as the ones left.

13 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

You'd think Hassocks (sans Keymer) would be a local rival. You could add them with the IGE.

I have my version of C&M. Promoted behind me every season and we meet in every cup competition.

I'm going to let the rivalries develop naturally.  I just don't know what it takes to get one started.

I checked the Rival Clubs tab in the IGE and I actually do have one rivalry:  AFC Uckfield Town IV.  They are only at 31/100 though.  I guess that's not enough to show up in game.  I don't know how that rivalry started and I haven't played them since my first or second season.

2 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

I'm going to let the rivalries develop naturally.  I just don't know what it takes to get one started.

I checked the Rival Clubs tab in the IGE and I actually do have one rivalry:  AFC Uckfield Town IV.  They are only at 31/100 though.  I guess that's not enough to show up in game.  I don't know how that rivalry started and I haven't played them since my first or second season.

I think you need 50+ for the rivalry to show up. At least that's the figure for favourite people/teams. Down there in Mid Sux you've got your Fields of Ucks, Cucks, F.... airwarp ..... :stop:

By the way, in my Fairwarp save I noticed Uckfield (III) used to get all the best intakes. I drove my Ford fiesta up the road and filled the back seat with 2 or 3 each year!

3 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

By the way, in my Fairwarp save I noticed Uckfield (III) used to get all the best intakes. I drove my Ford fiesta up the road and filled the back seat with 2 or 3 each year!

I did something similar in FM17.  There was a university team - all players were under 23 I think - that had some great players.  Occasionally, I could lure one away.  They were so good, that just signing them caused my club rep to increase!  Once my rep went up, it got a little easier to sign more.  Eventually, I was at L12 with a club rep around 3000.  Not realistic, but it's how my fantasy football world developed.

10 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Mid Sussex League Premier Division & a cup won.

Capture.thumb.JPG.24bbb698e33f2701607e542d8248aedc.JPG

Ahead of 2 of my favourite club names - Dynamo Chicken Kiev, and Rottingdean!

I set myself a policy of only recruiting during youth intake week. Problem is steady leakage over the season. 3 defenders have just left, leaving me to call up 16 year old DCs to play in FB positions. Only 27 sods on the books at the moment, praying I don't lose any more defenders.

7 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Ahead of 2 of my favourite club names - Dynamo Chicken Kiev, and Rottingdean!

I set myself a policy of only recruiting during youth intake week. Problem is steady leakage over the season. 3 defenders have just left, leaving me to call up 16 year old DCs to play in FB positions. Only 27 sods on the books at the moment, praying I don't lose any more defenders.

I lost a lot of key players towards the end of the season but I drafted my youngsters in to replace them, most were 16 years old but the goalkeeper is only 15 years old.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

I lost a lot of key players towards the end of the season but I drafted my youngsters in to replace them, most were 16 years old but the goalkeeper is only 15 years old.

Yeh, I'm in November and I've lost 2 full backs in a week. My policy is not to recruit until March, intake day. Could be tricky.